Notices

Old 2023-08-31, 11:01   Link #121
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Apparently Ep 7 will be delayed on streaming services due to production issues:
https://twitter.com/Zom100_anime_JP/...PpKqhZ5bA&s=19

Personally I think the biggest culprit for this happening is poor time scheduling on the part of the production/creative leadership who think they can pump out a masterpiece within a few months.

When ideally the production should have started like at least a year or more ago in advance so everything could be wrapped up in time for airing. Like how when Tsuburaya animated SSSS Gridman, their advance prep led to production wrapping up in the same month the anime started airing (and even then they regretfully said their original plan was to wrap up the previous month had it not been for delays on their end.)
You know what would be hilarious and might save the studio? If the staff wrote themselves too into the show and become zombies.

This is the craziest development of a project since 86 or the rumors about Joker 2 being a musical
Old 2023-09-01, 23:36   Link #122
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Apparently Ep 7 will be delayed on streaming services due to production issues:
https://twitter.com/Zom100_anime_JP/...PpKqhZ5bA&s=19

Personally I think the biggest culprit for this happening is poor time scheduling on the part of the production/creative leadership who think they can pump out a masterpiece within a few months.

When ideally the production should have started like at least a year or more ago in advance so everything could be wrapped up in time for airing. Like how when Tsuburaya animated SSSS Gridman, their advance prep led to production wrapping up in the same month the anime started airing (and even then they regretfully said their original plan was to wrap up the previous month had it not been for delays on their end.)
Well, if there is one thing for sure, it's that they can't blame Covid like Isekai Ojisan

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-04, 10:57   Link #123
Frontier

Oh hey, they used the OP as bit of a midway recap this time around !

Smol Shizuka! She was so cute! Less so when she was in front of her father who basically scolded her for wanting to adopt an abandoned puppy and basically controlled most of her life. It got even worse from there...he had the puppy put down after she'd taken care of it, she couldn't have friends, she couldn't have a genuine romantic relationship, and she had to follow exactly the path her father set forth for her while he put her down the entire time. What a rotten piece of work. I hope he's zombie chow by now .

(Although Shizuka did look good in a suit...)

I'm not surprised Kosugi is a sexist pig, but him just even talking to Shizuka like that made me so, so mad .

Poor Akira...he's getting back into the swing of the workplace brainwashing that made him a wage zombie who thinks the only thing he can do is carry on the work because his chief "believes" in him and needs him...and that he has no prospects otherwise. He almost feel completely for Kosugi's BS .

It gets bad enough he's not even willing to go with the gang when they can finally leave, but Shizuka finally has enough and tells him, Kosugi, and mentally her own father off because the only person who has a right to control your life is you, and you shouldn't let some scumbag dictate your life for you. She even hands Akira his bucket list with a new addition, one he happily acts on by telling off Kosugi and killing him with kindness as he finally decides to ditch him for good !

Episodes without someone acting dumb causing a zombie outbreak in a safe space: 0 .

Figures Akira couldn't just abandon Kosugi, but he coudln't abandon anybody, and he manages to save everyone with some quick-thinking and some zombie incinerating .

Kosugi now has no one to lord over or control, he's utterly powerless and alone, bet he's zombie food by the next hour .

Nice to see Akira and Shizuka share a moment, and Akira feeling more free than ever as the gang sets off on their journey again, and finally make it to Gunma !
Old 2023-09-04, 21:13   Link #124
grecefar

kind of a boring chapter but ended in a happy note and that chief got what he deserved.

next one seems to be of fanservice so I'm looking foward to it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-05, 07:19   Link #125
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Yeah. We barely had jokes in these two episodes and instead we had mostly focus on the douche boss. We need to go back to the black comedy or at least avoid such douche commentary again
Old 2023-09-05, 09:32   Link #126
scififan

Even Japan has its own share of dark psychology and manipulation....
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-05, 09:41   Link #127
Frontier

Apparently the survivors with lines at the end who left Kosugi were voiced by the actors of the Netflix movie .
Old 2023-09-05, 10:03   Link #128
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It would have been better if they tried toning down this subplot in less than 2 episodes. Like remember how hilarious was the episode of zombie shark? It's like if they got a different writer for this. Same reason why I disliked the Netflix movie.
Old 2023-09-07, 02:23   Link #129
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep7:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2023-09-18, 08:58   Link #130
larethian

Zom has been more enjoyable to watch lately. Must be because of the girls. But I have a gripe as to how Shizuka could not notice Akira going into the spring before he bumped into her given my impression that she should have relatively high situational awareness even when relaxing. Did Akira really not make a single sound??? The foreign girl to me was a pure comedy character so I'm not going to pick on her antics.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-18, 10:21   Link #131
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yeah, what we needed was another new character that can take on zombies head on, thus further nullifying the need to have zombies in the anime

Old 2023-09-18, 10:32   Link #132
Frontier

It may be a zombie apocalypse, but it's never a bad time to surf and yoga to clear your mind, right Akira ?

Akira really has just been waiting for an excuse to transform into Akiraiger again, huh? Although this time he wasn't needed because suddenly a samurai appears out of nowhere and starts slicing through zombies with every traditional Japanese weapon in the book. And this samurai is none other than the busty, blonde, babe we've been waiting for...Beatrix! A German Japanese Otaku (and an old school one at that) who craved visiting the land of the Rising Sun all her life and finally got to go there...just in time for it to all go to @#$%. All the same though, she's quite cute and dedicated, especially with Minami Takahashi's voice, and you can't help but like her (for more than just her good looks) .

I love everyone's reaction to her, though, especially Shizuka's. She just had to put on the helmet .

They updated the OP! Now with dancing! And dancing zombies! Although there's still the recap during the chorus .

Beatrix is trying to deliver sushi to possibly the last remaining sushi chef in Japan? Well, if you're in Japan, you've just gotta eat sushi! And it's on Akira's bucket list, so of course he's into it .

Zombies really do crave Kencho's naked butt, huh? Though Shizuka got really into playing a Three Kingdom's strategist, too bad their plan to Molotov the zombies relied on striking a match they couldn't light, but Akira and Bea's fighting off the zombies and Shizuka's backup plan end up saving them .

This guy was making sushi even during his daughters' wedding and his wife's death? That's dedication to his craft. This dude will probably keep making sushi even when the zombies come after them. But I'm glad the gang got to eat some of the finest sushi Japan has to offer for their efforts .

And if you're going to be in Japan, you've got to try out the Hot Springs! Especially when you're Bea and know every miniscule data about Japan and none of you have properly bathed in a while. But Shizuka and Beatriz in mens' yukata is quite the sight, especially with Bea's Bea's hanging loose !

"Love sickness," huh? Is Kencho crushing on Bea? Akira's romantic inclinations definitely lean towards Shizuka, but she puts down the possibility of romance as clinically and professionally as possible. But that's not her talking, it's her dad .

Poor Shizuka. The Men's bath is the only one with warm water! Good thing Bea is game to jump in for mixed bathing (I guess she and Kencho have stripping in common), too bad there's a bunch of naked zombies still in the bath .

Wouldn't you know it, they run all the way up the mountain...and Akira stumbles into a natural Hot Spring! Bonus points for bumping into a naked Shizuka in the process! Now they've practically seen everything of each other! And it's also the perfect chance for Shizuka to apologize and reveal that she just fell back into bad habits because she's inexperienced with romance, but that if she did have feelings for someone, she'd like it to be with someone she can be open with...like she is with Akira .

Glad the gang got to visit the Hot Springs after all! Now they just have to get down from the mountain and avoid the zombies !
Old 2023-09-18, 14:49   Link #133
grecefar

I relate a lot with shizuka about the opinions.

nice chapter.
Old 2023-09-19, 06:32   Link #134
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Finally! They brought back "Akira D. Luffy" and I find his relationship with Shizuka legit despite the comedy. We had some fanservice but I found it refreshing they just talked rather than produce those Persona cliches where everything goes to hell over a misunderstanding.

Also, that opening evolved in one of the best dances ever
Old 2023-09-25, 03:27   Link #135
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep9:

Old 2023-09-25, 04:58   Link #136
Tenzen12

There is always enough time to build treehouse. That's well known fact.
Old 2023-09-25, 09:34   Link #137
Frontier

So it turns out there's a more pressing reason for Akira to see his family again and repay them back...his father told him straight up he might not be happy with his office job and that he was holding himself back from following his real dreams, and Akira just dismissed him. No wonder he feels a little guilty .

The finally completed the OP! By episode 9! If you weren't acutely aware of this shows' troubled production you might even think they were just waiting for Beatrix to show up...but still, watching everybody dance, Bea getting really into it, Kencho mooning everyone, and roping Shizuka into the craziness was pretty great .

Pretty on point for Kencho to want to greet his best friends parents with a joke and flashing them, though the way Shizuka is now teasing Akira shows how far their relationship has come .

Don't underestimate the farmers of Gunma! They managed to make their own zombie blockade in a tunnel! Of course that just means braving the natural and more treacherous path to the village, though good thing Akira has experience .

Isn't it the dream of any child at some point or another to have a treehouse? I love how Shizuka and Kencho both mutually realized what was going to happen knowing Akira and his bucket list. And Kumano is a really cool old dude .

Well, that got dark fast. Kumano witnessed his zombie wife bite their son and had to kill both of them. Really puts it into perspective for Akira how you need to make the most of the time you have with your family now .

Look at this untouched corner of rural Japan! Minus any people! Though seeing civilization with a bunch of practically naked old men dancing is...something .

Akira's dad is definitely your typical stern, serious, farmer type, and Akira's attempts to treat his parents get brushed off as they just act like business as usual. How does one go about repaying their parents? Though it seems like something's up with his dad .

Shark teeth? Cynical outlook? Definitely a Nobuhiko Okamoto character. He feels like a dark mirror of Akira, someone dissatisfied with life and wanting to experience true freedom...but not out of passion, but out of laziness and lack of any real motivation, yet all the same he finds the end of humanity in a zombie apocalypse just as freeing as Akira did. And just like Akira he's collected his own group, people just as unsatisfied with life as he is, and who have their own bucket list of living out all their vices and desires before they go zombie. And they don't seem to care who gets hurt in the process .
Old 2023-09-25, 20:37   Link #138
grecefar

nice story and pretty tree house in the first half.

second part well, village like them are good for hiding in an apocalypse but like we saw, accepting people can be good and bad, this time it's going to be pretty bad.
Old 2023-09-25, 22:03   Link #139
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I assume next ep, somehow Akira's dad will become a zombie somehow? My main problem also with this series is that the zombies feel like villains of a week. Like, why were there not zombies in the village already? The conversion between human and zombie is highly inconsistent, sometimes it takes longer, sometimes it takes a few seconds. Like seriously.....Oh wait, this shouldn't be taken seriously.

Also, from ep 8. If the virus does transmit via bodily fluids, the whole gang should have been zombified due to the zombies being in the hot bath thing.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-26, 06:36   Link #140
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The first half was wholesome especially from Akira's side. The second reminded me of Kencho's debut due to how guilty they made Akira when meeting his parents. Not that I find such reaction bad but it really seems material for a longer episode especially with those random characters taking over the screentime.

It's a shame the next episodes are getting delayed like 86 and Nier Automata but I was surprised to find the series made it to the TV ranking despite the obvious adult content. Maybe there will be a second cour if the studio thinks it's good? I mean there are now 15 volumes released and the writer and illustrators keep making long chapters so there might be material for another cour.