AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-11-11, 04:58   Link #121
Random14

The elves' view of time really is crazy, but that's a very long-lived race for you, centuries are nothing to them. Although not sure even that long will help with trauma but Goblin Slayer's good at reassuring survivors.

Its nice to see they're actually pretty personable, with seeing how High Elf Archer acted around her cousin and sister. Even with the goblin attack earlier this has been a pretty nice vacation for all of them. Though of course things can't stay quiet, but also works as an opportunity for more Goblin Slayer misunderstandings.

Last edited by Random14; 2023-11-11 at 05:27.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-13, 14:21   Link #122
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I didn't expect them to go so stereotypical uppity with HEA's family.

What she says "You are a dashing hero"
What she thinks: "Who is this Hoboadventurerer reeking of goblin blood?! I want my dreams of a dashing hero back. Curse you, little sis!"
And of course the remark about Lizard Priest and Dwarf...

Well to be fair, Dwarven Shaman is rare...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-13, 14:54   Link #123
Twi

HEA is one of the few elves who breaks that stuffy notion, which is why she and Dwarf Shaman get along relatively well. When they first met, he thought she'd be too high and mighty, so her getting into a bar brawl surprised him. The Lizardmen are held in slightly higher regard and are considered the child of nagas by the Elves, especially since they've got some overlap in religious beliefs (Dwarf Shaman calls them basically Jungle Cousins of Elves).

And that bard has been making bank off GS' name with how far its spread.
Old 2023-11-13, 23:56   Link #124
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Goblin Slayer II. Beard-cutter, to the Southern River

Even seemingly light episode actually do feature goblins in some way or another.

Dwarf Shaman and Lizard Priest noted that the goblins were unconveniently getting smarter as of late which Goblin Slayer conceded. The critters seemed were particularly interested to the stone tablets which could signal they deliberately raided the monastery to get their hands on the tablets while the nuns were collateral bonus for them.

Now, further into the episode, Sword Maiden observed the tablets mentioned ancient magic and no indication at all on goblins, which obviously made Goblin Slayer closed the case. Nevertheless, I could nott stop pondering if the goblins were under instructions of a higher intelligent being to have the goblins secured the tablets and delivered them at some unknown nations.

Perhaps, I'm overthinking too much and should not given that High Elf Archer's older sister is marrying, and she brought all her party mates along with Guild Girl and Cow Girl to the event.

Still, Goblins once more caused mayhem and trouble as the party were attempting to cross the river bank.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-14, 15:19   Link #125
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

i forgot when the elf girl was rescued. Remind me again.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-14, 15:25   Link #126
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
i forgot when the elf girl was rescued. Remind me again.
When they cleared elven fortress from goblins in S1.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-14, 15:38   Link #127
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
When they cleared elven fortress from goblins in S1.
No, the Elven Fortress was the one GS burned down with the dead women inside of it in the 2nd Episode.

It was the ancient ruins that had been occupied by Goblins and the Ogre where they first teamed up and GS used the Gate Scroll. She was a scout who got captured and found in the refuse area, where she asked him to kill the Goblin hiding near her and Priestess was afraid he was about to perform a mercy kill. They had Lizard Priest create a Bone Warrior with a note to run her back to the closest encampment after some light healing to keep her alive.
Old 2023-11-15, 15:47   Link #128
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
What the Priestess did was "purification" of water by removing trash from it. While it can be used creativelly it still have to mantain concept of purification and also have to be approved by her Godess. So if deity decide that it's note close enough, she can just drop ban hammer on Priestess and miracle may not happen at all.
I think the presence of the bones are what sealed the deal.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-17, 18:02   Link #129
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What was it about the corpses that made Priestess and High Elf Archer so sick? They've been hunting goblins for over a year now, so I would think they're used to their usual atrocities and I'm assuming what they did there was much worse than usual.
Old 2023-11-17, 18:05   Link #130
GDB

Curious myself. Almost looked like the corpses were completely mutilated rather than the normal just beaten/broken/raped that they usually see?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-17, 19:04   Link #131
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Curious myself. Almost looked like the corpses were completely mutilated rather than the normal just beaten/broken/raped that they usually see?
Because of the environment and the state of the bodies. I mentioned before that one of the interludes was cut and showed a woman literally being staked while alive and in the chapters related to this one they go into details about how the bugs and rot had set in, with the insects eating at them while the gas from their juices and humidity deformed them to barely resemble humanoids and they couldn't even determine her race. The fact that Priestess smelled something sweet and thought that flowers were blooming until she came into view and realized it was the stink of rotting bodies set her off.

The Goblins also got away with hiding for so long because the territory belonged to the dinosaur and the Elves don't go near it.

Anyway, review done and content below:

Spoiler:
Old 2023-11-17, 21:06   Link #132
grecefar

I guess for them even after a year is not enough to get use to see something like that and the puke I imagine it was more because the smell.

They aren't like goblin slayer that he is too use to it and he is messed up in the head.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-17, 21:09   Link #133
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well, guess I see where the budget went ... maybe the director or producer really likes HEA, cause it really felt like they were pushing the GS/HEA narrative quite a bit this episode, and it is the best animated episode by a long shot of the 2nd season(i.e. it is well animated because of the HEA focus). Yeah, GS also passively implied that he might want to start a family, after his sister wasn't able to do so, and Cow Girl is obviously the one who he would be with, but affections of all kinds are always appreciated, and I like the relationship HEA and GS have. All the more appreciate that she realizes whatever feelings she has, that they will be fleeting in the lifespan of an elf, but will embrace those feelings until that time. I would say that all that stuff seemed death flag-ish for HEA, but no way they'd have the balls to off her(though there IS the elixir, so she might have a close call)

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-18, 23:35   Link #134
AnimeFan188

Spoiler:
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-19, 20:45   Link #135
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Is it just me or did the visuals suggest that HEA's sister was talking about a long dead close human friend or even a spouse when she talked to HEA about lifespans?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2023-11-20, 04:25   Link #136
GDB

I just assumed it was a LotR reference, since it's basically the same thing that Elrond constantly said to Arwen due to her falling in love with Aragorn.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-21, 00:25   Link #137
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I just assumed it was a LotR reference, since it's basically the same thing that Elrond constantly said to Arwen due to her falling in love with Aragorn.
Dunno, her expression in the anime looked kinda pained. but since characters don't even have names we will probably never find out.

---
That aside: I think they overdid it a bit with elven lifespawns... 2000 being upper average would have been more than enough.

Old 2023-11-24, 00:26   Link #138
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Goblin Slayer II. Jungle Cruise

I suspected and was proven right that the Mokele Mbembe's rampage from last episode was due to Goblins being the culprits involved, though I imagined different circumstances back then.

In addition, the episode suggested that something dark and malevolent has begun to stir deep into the darkness that lies beyond the Elve's forest which could explain the Goblins moving into that area and nesting close to High Elf Archer's homeland. It is as if whatever dark forces are inducing the Goblins to grow bold and daring, and the critters bloodlust has been stirred into a frenzy rampage.

I mean the way how they tortured and slaughtered all those victims to have their corpses displayed upstream in the river became too much for our heroes to call it an average act of typical Goblin wickedness. Priest girl is again having her emotional scars abruptly opened, as the death is quickly taking a toll in her mental sanity. And, I cannot blame her at how cancerous goblins become once nesting into a place they take a liking to, and the place our heroes infiltrated the fortress just gives bad omens taking into account that all the killings the Goblins made was to pollute the river downstream in order to cast a curse on the Elves.

The critters aren't sophisticated, but they learn their homework in order to earn methods that would help them to kill, ravage, and destroy their enemies.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-24, 11:58   Link #139
scififan

The party almost got wiped out by the goblin shaman's curse spell. In her desperation, the priest uses the purifying spell to knock out goblin. She is crying. Maybe using healing magic to kill is a forbidden by her deity. Maybe there is other explanation. The story is hard to follow. Meanwhile, Yuusha and her friends(Sword Saint and Great Mage) are fighting demon underneath the castle. They praise that the elves also caused destruction from above. The Sword Maiden's interpretation of cipher is the location is the gate of hell. The yuusha party somehow teleported to the location, and they start the fighting right away. It's confusing.

The wedding scene is the happy ending.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-24, 13:03   Link #140
Twi

They cut content that actually hurt the story here.

When she used Purify how she did, the Earth Mother immediately cut her connection to Priestess and told her that the miracle must never be used like that again. Her Goddess, the very foundation of her faith, effectively chastised her so thoroughly it shook her to her very soul. She felt horrible because she saw it as her using a miracle gifted to her by the merciful deity in a way that perverted the very connection she shared.

That's why she broke down crying more than anything else. And why she was grateful her prayer still reached the Earth Mother during the wedding. It showed she hadn't basically fell out of favor with her Goddess and ended up being denied magic like how Female Knight is no longer capable of using her own Miracles.

It should also be noted this happened nearly instantly, not time seeming to stop when GS praises Priestess while moments prior they were being nearly TPK'd by the Goblins. This is a flaw on the anime's part that I can't overlook since without an explanation it makes that whole sequence feel ridiculous.

Review done. Other changes:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Twi; 2023-11-24 at 14:06.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote