AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Mahouka

Notices

Old 2014-02-13, 07:50   Link #241
HasuMasu
*Artist

I actually think the author went with this design because Fetish Fuel and Your Mileage May Vary.

Somehow it's really ecchi. I feel scandalus just looking at those uniforms. They're pretty wild.
Old 2014-02-13, 08:35   Link #242
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekomori Sanae View Post
Hooray, let's all go back to the dark middle ages!
If he likes ankle-lenght skirts so much, why doesn't he move to the Middle East? He would really have a field day there.
Dude, even in some places of Europe it would be a bad idea to parade around in miniskirt and zettai ryouiki (unless your plan is to be dragged in a basement and service the local thugs for a entire night). Seriously, the last girl I have seen with one was pretty but oh boy she was the subject of gossip in the parisian underground train like, "Oh look! WHAT A SLUT!!!" Getting called a slut for wearing ZR in FRANCE! You'd think we'd be more liberal about that? Noooooo.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 09:14   Link #243
BW95
Banned

Quote:
The LN author must've been pretty messed up in the head to come up with such a plain awful scenario in the first place. Hooray, let's all go back to the dark middle ages!
If he likes ankle-lenght skirts so much, why doesn't he move to the Middle East? He would really have a field day there.

Anyway, look at the official preview image for the anime, the skirts definitely are ankle lenght there:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Detail:

You can only fit a palm between the end of the skirt and her boot there, and because she's throwing her foot up, the skirt went up a bit - which means that it actually is still longer and full ankle-lenght.
Well, I wouldn't say it's ankle-length. It just goes a little past the knees since the shoes cover the ankles and the skirt clearly doesn't reach them. If it was ankle-length, it would have gone straight to her shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with longer skirts. There's too many anti-gravity miniskirts in anime anyways, and upskirt shots are so out of meta. I mean what if they, god forbid, wore pants?

Though I am more concerned about the outlining of the female characters' curves. That's where pro pervs go.
Did we say we wanted mini-skirts? No. We did not. This series mimics reality as closely as possible so mini-skirts are out of the question, but when it comes to skirt length, knees are the limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
I actually think the author went with this design because Fetish Fuel and Your Mileage May Vary.

Somehow it's really ecchi. I feel scandalus just looking at those uniforms. They're pretty wild.
Really? I always thought they were incredibly elegant with just the right touch of a futuristic style, but not overly sci-fi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
LOL LMAO!! ' oh gosh, my sign is hurting. Seriously?? Uniform debate???

Yeah, there won't be any panties shot, but you've got to admit that the uniforms really do emphasize on the curves of the body which is a feast for the eye already IMO . Not to mention the jackets (is that how you call it? ) look greatly elegant
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Wow...skirts??!!

Cant you guys pick any other topic;if you want ecchi moments Erika will give them to you#! So dont worry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
I just noticed........

who's the one putting "imouto-sama best girl" tag!?
Keeping it in your pants, people! This is purely an aesthetic matter.

Last edited by BW95; 2014-02-13 at 09:41.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 14:19   Link #244
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Did we say we wanted mini-skirts? No. We did not. This series mimics reality as closely as possible so mini-skirts are out of the question, but when it comes to skirt length, knees are the limit.
No they're not, lol. So I didn't realize there was an international committee on skirt lengths.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 16:19   Link #245
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
No they're not, lol. So I didn't realize there was an international committee on skirt lengths.
Not for all outfits. Just high school uniforms.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 17:05   Link #246
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
My point in my first post is that I find this to be a pretty amusing contrast to what anime normally provides, and this adds some extra variety of it.

If we're going by aesthetics, there's generally a lot of appeal across the majority of range of how much things cover aside from extreme examples such as outright nudity or burqas. Maybe pants would just have been better. Of course this is all subjective but I don't think it's right to impose that much on the creator's choice.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 22:00   Link #247
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Turban View Post
the author made beach chapter and all the heroine wear swimsuits and Bikinis. that weird if they forgot public morality.
It was state in the novel that gym, beach, home are exceptions.
Old 2014-02-13, 22:41   Link #248
Dekomori Sanae
Twintail Twister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
clearly those who complain long shirt is simply miniskirt fanatic since they cannot see pantsu or zettai ryouiki
Guilty as charged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Turban View Post
the author made beach chapter and all the heroine wear swimsuits and Bikinis. that weird if they forgot public morality.
Probably sales were too bad, so a bikini chapter showing some skin for once had to be inserted for sales to be raised. Japan isn't like the US where Puritans abound, so I can easily see it to be neccessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Dude, even in some places of Europe it would be a bad idea to parade around in miniskirt and zettai ryouiki (unless your plan is to be dragged in a basement and service the local thugs for a entire night).
I'm deeply disturbed by this. What sort of run-down surburb in France do you live in that when a girl wears a mini skirt, it's an invitation for thugs to rape her?
I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened in the more rural areas of Poland, where they're still very constipated and puritan, but France?

Quote:
Did we say we wanted mini-skirts? No. We did not.
Speak for youself there

Quote:
This series mimics reality as closely as possible so mini-skirts are out of the question
Which reality? The reality of the dark middle ages? The reality of "What would've happened if the French Revolution never happened and the church continued to oppress the people and force their puritan rules onto people?" Certainly not our reality, or anything even close to it.
Dekomori Sanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 23:27   Link #249
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Long skirts aren't worn solely in the 'dark middle age' so could we please stop this stupid discussion already? You're free to dislike them but don't try to sell assumptions as facts.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 00:11   Link #250
larethian

Quote:
Probably sales were too bad, so a bikini chapter showing some skin for once had to be inserted for sales to be raised. Japan isn't like the US where Puritans abound, so I can easily see it to be neccessary.
Mahouka is the number one selling light novel of Dengeki that has no anime. It is currently the Big 3 of Dengeki (SAO, Index, Mahouka with SAO leading the herd after it got its anime). Mahouka started as a web novel on ncode.syosetsu before getting published by a light novel label (which is what makes it a light novel) and has the support of both Otakus and non-Otakus in its reader base. Even considering volumes 1 to 4 (before the so-called beach chapter), it is already doing extremely well. Volumes 1 to 4 (or was it 1 to 2?) help made it to top 20 selling light novels in that year (1st year it was published that is), and one out of the two titles that didn't have an anime in that list.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 00:30   Link #251
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Mahouka is the number one selling light novel of Dengeki that has no anime. It is currently the Big 3 of Dengeki (SAO, Index, Mahouka with SAO leading the herd after it got its anime). Mahouka started as a web novel on ncode.syosetsu before getting published by a light novel label (which is what makes it a light novel) and has the support of both Otakus and non-Otakus in its reader base. Even considering volumes 1 to 4 (before the so-called beach chapter), it is already doing extremely well. Volumes 1 to 4 (or was it 1 to 2?) help made it to top 20 selling light novels in that year (1st year it was published that is), and one out of the two titles that didn't have an anime in that list.
So, do you think Mahouka will be able to acquire the #1 spot? Is there at least a tiny bit of hope that Mahouka will replace the face of Dengeki by kicking that wreck SAO out?
Old 2014-02-14, 00:53   Link #252
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Guilty as charged

I'm deeply disturbed by this. What sort of run-down surburb in France do you live in that when a girl wears a mini skirt, it's an invitation for thugs to rape her?
I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened in the more rural areas of Poland, where they're still very constipated and puritan, but France?

France isn't as romantic as Japan made it to ne.
Old 2014-02-14, 01:41   Link #253
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
So, do you think Mahouka will be able to acquire the #1 spot? Is there at least a tiny bit of hope that Mahouka will replace the face of Dengeki by kicking that wreck SAO out?
Spoiler for Comparison to SAO:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-02-15 at 03:28. Reason: Please use spoiler tags whenever doing any kind of comparison
Old 2014-02-15, 03:33   Link #254
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'm cutting short the argument about the long skirts. Err, I'm chopping it off at the knees? Anyway, if you really want to discuss about the reasons for that wardrobe based on the novel setting and plot, please go to the novel thread.

P.S. Please don't create idiotic meme-style tags. This can get you banned.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-02-15 at 03:46.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 04:45   Link #255
pampz21
ShipCore

Looks like we get our first 2 lessons

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 10:27   Link #256
dai ca superman

Another video of Badass & Adorable Chibi ver.
dai ca superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 09:21   Link #257
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dai ca superman View Post
Another video of Badass & Adorable Chibi ver.
Nice.
Spoilers
Spoiler for easy-to-understand magic vid summary
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-02-23, 20:44   Link #258
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Hayamin saying, "Onii-sama" is
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 21:42   Link #259
NutShell

^not subbed yet
finaly hearing "kawai" hayamim voice
as long as my ear remember her role was female student who insulting the mc and walking zombie shikigami who said yay yay unlimited rule book in cold voice

and i agree hear Hayamim saying, "Onii-sama" is
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 18:45   Link #260
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Hayamin is surely sounding like Mamiko Noto in that clip.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, futuristic setting, hard fantasy, mahouka, scientific magic, supernatural