AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-13, 18:09   Link #1
ellifeedn
Thinker

Ashita no Yoichi

It's about a boy swordsman, Karasuma Yoichi, who trained for 17 years in the mountains with his father and his descent from the mountains when he can learn no more from his father. He is told to go to a dojo in the city that his relatives own to continue his training there. Of course training in the mountains since birth doesn't prepare him for the surprises of urban life. And what's more is that his relatives are 4 sisters with Ikaruma Ibuki (the oldest) as the lead female.

It's another harem series and the comedy derives mostly from Yoichi's lack of experience with urban life and women. Gives off a few Love Hina vibes, but differs from other harem series because Yoichi is not a wimp and loves to fight.

Last edited by ellifeedn; 2008-06-13 at 21:25.
Old 2008-06-13, 21:13   Link #2
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

This is a brilliant little manga I enjoy reading(probably down to my inner ecchi for that reason)

btw Ibuki is the oldest

p.s Kagome = uber kawaii!!!
Old 2008-06-13, 21:24   Link #3
ellifeedn
Thinker

Whoops! You're right about that. Must have misread.
Old 2008-06-13, 22:18   Link #4
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
hehehe i lub this series xD

guess why?

this was one of the mangas i found that were really funny.
if anyone else wants some more suggestions for "ecchi" comedy type manga then pm me or post here. Cuz i have found a good amount and they all are pretty good. ^__^

Old 2008-06-13, 22:26   Link #5
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

oh yeah for got about this was well any way ait is kinda perverted but really goof comedy but still needs more story plot
Old 2008-06-21, 00:26   Link #6
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
it seems as though no one has put up a decent fight against yoichi yet, i wonder how long would it take before we get to see a full-fledge battle
Old 2008-06-21, 06:46   Link #7
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Ye a neat little piece of goodness it is. Nothing too special but not shabby either. It's just what you'd expect (in a positive way) from this kind of manga. Especially the SD drawings appealed to me making up a big part of the comedy.
Old 2008-06-22, 22:52   Link #8
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler for chapter 11:
Old 2008-06-23, 05:11   Link #9
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Spoiler for chapter 11:
I'm not sure but a fan with a metal edge could have been an assassination weapon of kunoichis, something subtle like the "sword in the umbrella" . Anime/manga wise? Probably, can't think of a specific example though. About the harem thing: I got the impression that if harem members get out of the harem it was mostly right before the end of the series when the author has decided which girl will get together with the protagonist, that is if there isn't the infamous harem-ending.Anyway Ayame's not yet willing to break out as seen in the end but is most probably going to fall for that idiot (forgot his name) in the future - Behold the power of mistaken confession!
Old 2008-06-23, 21:07   Link #10
excelence

Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 11:
ハクオロ -> he kill people with Iron Fan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ono_characters

@Waven : mistaken confession... that reminds me with certain strawberry manga
Old 2008-06-23, 21:54   Link #11
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 11:
most notablely someone from Naruto pwns with a fan

Angie is the uber win!!! espeically next chapter

lesson learned here, delusions of grandeur will most likely get your arsed kicked
Old 2008-06-24, 03:14   Link #12
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

um w8 my question is is yoichi that dense????
Old 2008-06-24, 05:35   Link #13
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
um w8 my question is is yoichi that dense????
What exactly do you mean? If it's about girls, well almost every male lead in shounen manga is as dense as a rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelence View Post
@Waven : mistaken confession... that reminds me with certain strawberry manga
Ye good example but initially i thought about School Rumble, even while reading that very part in Ashita no Yoichi
Old 2008-06-24, 07:05   Link #14
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
About the harem thing: I got the impression that if harem members get out of the harem it was mostly right before the end of the series when the author has decided which girl will get together with the protagonist, that is if there isn't the infamous harem-ending.Anyway Ayame's not yet willing to break out as seen in the end but is most probably going to fall for that idiot (forgot his name) in the future - Behold the power of mistaken confession!
Ah yes, the mistaken confession. Just another misunderstanding that needs to be cleared up. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear the first time but I was talking about Angela trying to separate herself from Yoichi as she thought that she became weaker from falling for him. Another misunderstanding cleared up.
Old 2008-06-24, 08:06   Link #15
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Ah yes, the mistaken confession. Just another misunderstanding that needs to be cleared up. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear the first time but I was talking about Angela trying to separate herself from Yoichi as she thought that she became weaker from falling for him. Another misunderstanding cleared up.
Oh that matter... don't think it's too serious. My guess is one chapter will focus on Angela falling for Yoichi again by some moral play like "A person will get the strongest when he/she fights for someone he/she likes" - case closed
Old 2008-06-24, 09:35   Link #16
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well it really suprises me that many shounen manga that has a male lead are all soo dense i pity the girls

better yet leave that male lead and come to me ill show you paradise heheeh
Old 2008-12-27, 05:13   Link #17
iceyfw

i admire minamoto yuu for making the protagonist not being a weak guy and such in a shounen harem manga but really now.. im having another deja vu of those 60+ chapters before yoichi even has feelings for ibuki. it's pretty much set in stone ibuki likes yoichi. sorry but this just gives me a love hina type feeling on how long it'll take for them to get together.

yoichi reminds me of sosuke sagara from fmp except remove the military training and make him an expert at swordsmanship who has lived in the mountains all his life instead. same can be said for ibuki being like chidori. i will probably skip this manga for a while and check back later on the romance department.

and i'm sure there will be more of yoichi's GAR moments in the chapters to come. latest scanlated chapter (14) shows washizu's character is developing into a better person.

Last edited by iceyfw; 2008-12-27 at 05:44.
Old 2009-01-08, 22:52   Link #18
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
And With the anime coming in I decided to look up the manga thread for this and was surprised that it is so damn small

Even if there aren't many chapters out

Anyway I found the manga to be quite enjoyable. Here we have a perverted samurai raised in the mountains as Tarzan coming down to the city and beginning a new life with so many sexy girls (damn was I surprised to see that even the loli has been lying to me). I still do wonder how Yoichi can be so attracted to the opposite sex even being up in the mountains all his life, must be those raging hormones of youth doing their work again ^^'

Still as a light hearted comedy romance, this definitely works out with the right amount of ecchi to boot. Shame that the releases are taking so damn long though.

As for the ending...if it ever ends...I would say that Yoichi is destined to end with Ibuki though his harem is well extensive already. There is no denying the violence of that girl is so strong than in the end she will knock everyone out to claim Yoichi.

As for me, I love Angie too much to care for Ibuki

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-01-08, 23:33   Link #19
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
And With the anime coming in I decided to look up the manga thread for this and was surprised that it is so damn small

Even if there aren't many chapters out

Anyway I found the manga to be quite enjoyable. Here we have a perverted samurai raised in the mountains as Tarzan coming down to the city and beginning a new life with so many sexy girls (damn was I surprised to see that even the loli has been lying to me). I still do wonder how Yoichi can be so attracted to the opposite sex even being up in the mountains all his life, must be those raging hormones of youth doing their work again ^^'

Still as a light hearted comedy romance, this definitely works out with the right amount of ecchi to boot. Shame that the releases are taking so damn long though.

As for the ending...if it ever ends...I would say that Yoichi is destined to end with Ibuki though his harem is well extensive already. There is no denying the violence of that girl is so strong than in the end she will knock everyone out to claim Yoichi.

As for me, I love Angie too much to care for Ibuki
LOL but Yoichi is not perverted orignally just alot of misunderstanding and like all harem leads always ends up in some way or another groping a random female and then getting his ass kicked by lead girl, only this heram lead can fight back.
Old 2009-01-08, 23:37   Link #20
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Misunderstandings is one thing...

But on more than a few occasions Yoichi have been mentally undressing the girls...plus a lot of nosebleed

I always love those scenes where he gains new bumps on his head for nosebleeding by the "violent one"

"Why~~ ;______;"

And I am still thinking where the learnt it all from ^^'

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, shounen