Old 2011-07-12, 17:29   Link #1561
JThree

You're not the only one, Kazinski. I want to know too,

carolyn@nemont.net
JThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 17:17   Link #1562
Redeyes260
Los Illuminati

Did you guys not read any of the 77-79th pages?
Redeyes260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 20:51   Link #1563
AlaAlba

spoiler for volume 17, thanks for kaibayugi2002
Quote:
Just got my copy today and did a quick read of the interesting part. Didn't read all the way just certain parts.
Spoiler:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 03:47   Link #1564
Fallenis

Wow that's beautiful . Thanks for sharing that!
Fallenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 05:42   Link #1565
JThree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyes260 View Post
Did you guys not read any of the 77-79th pages?
What I think I and kazinski are referring to are plot summaries to the books 5-16, not just the finale.

Those have been hard to come by.

JThree
JThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 08:56   Link #1566
poleno

Thank you, AlaAlba!
poleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 22:13   Link #1567
Redeyes260
Los Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post

D: epic. Definitely need to get my hands on the rest of these books. By the by, I talked with someone from Yen Press, just to reassure myself because the one Tyranuus posted was from 2010. And they have in fact licensed all of Spice and Wolf for English! Yay <3. but now everyone had to wait about 7 years.. Lol.
Old 2011-07-15, 04:01   Link #1568
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
D: epic. Definitely need to get my hands on the rest of these books. By the by, I talked with someone from Yen Press, just to reassure myself because the one Tyranuus posted was from 2010. And they have in fact licensed all of Spice and Wolf for English! Yay <3. but now everyone had to wait about 7 years.. Lol.
I'm gonna have to check on this... I have to see what we can do/what has been done about some of the elusive works. With whom did you converse? I would like to ask them a question or two.
Old 2011-07-15, 18:28   Link #1569
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
just to reassure myself because the one Tyranuus posted was from 2010. And they have in fact licensed all of Spice and Wolf for English! Yay <3.
The comment I posted was only about two months old

Amusingly it sounds like the several page long letter I sent a while back may actually have reached Yen Press via Hachette.
http://www.yenpress.com/2009/01/december-2011/#comments

Unfortunately it also sounds like they aren't planning to up the release schedule though
Surely they realise this release length could hurt the series.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 09:31   Link #1570
Redeyes260
Los Illuminati

Yea, I had asked the same question in another one of those, got pretty much the same blunt answer. I think that they know it will hurt their fan base, but then again, do thu not only have 1 person translating, while another spell-checks? I mean if they really do have the Spice and Wolf employees understaffed, I can see why that would take 6 months to complete. Any other factors anyone else can come up with?
Old 2011-07-16, 09:46   Link #1571
LKK

Quote:
Any other factors anyone else can come up with?
Retail shelf space. Most retail chains do not want books to come out too quickly because the inventory piles up faster than the sales can disperse it. I daresay that the inventory turn-over speed drives Yen Press's release schedule far more than translation & editing time requirements. Kurt Hassler, head of Yen Press, used to be one of the book buyers for Borders nationwide. He's well aware of the need to properly schedule book releases in order to best get the new books into the retailers' hands.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 14:45   Link #1572
Kunagisa

Quote:

I want this animated so badly. I wish I have the time to read the books as this is one of the few LN --> Anime adaptation that I didn't read a single page of the LN, and really don't see any huge gaps of time in the future to catch up on all the volumes since the end of season 2.

Not to mention these insert art are uber awesome ....

Spoiler for Last:
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 16:17   Link #1573
Redeyes260
Los Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I want this animated so badly. I wish I have the time to read the books as this is one of the few LN --> Anime adaptation that I didn't read a single page of the LN, and really don't see any huge gaps of time in the future to catch up on all the volumes since the end of season 2.

Not to mention these insert art are uber awesome ....

Spoiler for Last:
You should probably make time then. It is all well worth it, though Volume 4 is really the only thing you'd be missing in the English versions, as 5 will be the end of Season 2. (Everyone who can not read Japanese must wait a full year before getting volume 6)
Old 2011-07-16, 16:21   Link #1574
Redeyes260
Los Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Retail shelf space. Most retail chains do not want books to come out too quickly because the inventory piles up faster than the sales can disperse it. I daresay that the inventory turn-over speed drives Yen Press's release schedule far more than translation & editing time requirements. Kurt Hassler, head of Yen Press, used to be one of the book buyers for Borders nationwide. He's well aware of the need to properly schedule book releases in order to best get the new books into the retailers' hands.
**Sorry for the double post..**

Seeing as how other books get released every 3-4 months, do you not think that they could do the same with Spice and Wolf? The sales of the books would be tremendous because of the long wait for book 5. So assume they speed it up for books 6-17, 85% of people will have bought the books within the first week. So then inventory of said stores would diminish, depending on what stores it is placed in. Or am I wrong?
Old 2011-07-16, 19:57   Link #1575
Dark Wing

Quote:

Well now that I've spoiled myself I can now die in piece...
Old 2011-07-17, 23:51   Link #1576
faythz
I.G

Could any of you help me?
I want to buy Spice and Wolf Novel unfortunately there is no Yenpress release in here, but there is another alternative "Publisher: Baker and Taylor - (USA)"
Did any of you know any difference between Baker and Yenpress?
Which release did you recommend?
thanks
Old 2011-07-18, 01:28   Link #1577
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by faythz View Post
Could any of you help me?
I want to buy Spice and Wolf Novel unfortunately there is no Yenpress release in here, but there is another alternative "Publisher: Baker and Taylor - (USA)"
Did any of you know any difference between Baker and Yenpress?
Which release did you recommend?
thanks
Can you provide a link? I know of no one besides Yen Press who has the rights to publish it and the Baker and Taylor website doesn't list S&W in its catalog that I noticed.

edit: I *think* I found what you are looking at on the www.alibris.com website. From what i can see... that trade paperback is a "book about books about wolves" and not the story of S&W itself.

Yen Press has sole rights in the US for both the manga and the light novels to my knowledge. You can buy their books through amazon, barnes&noble, and many other book retailers in North America. UK Amazon as well in Britain.

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-07-18 at 01:58.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 02:57   Link #1578
faythz
I.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Can you provide a link? I know of no one besides Yen Press who has the rights to publish it and the Baker and Taylor website doesn't list S&W in its catalog that I noticed.

edit: I *think* I found what you are looking at on the www.alibris.com website. From what i can see... that trade paperback is a "book about books about wolves" and not the story of S&W itself.

Yen Press has sole rights in the US for both the manga and the light novels to my knowledge. You can buy their books through amazon, barnes&noble, and many other book retailers in North America. UK Amazon as well in Britain.
My mistake it seems they sell Spice and Wolf (Manga) not Light Novel
http://www.dymocks.com.au/ProductDet...=9780316073394
but for volume two they have same cover , I'm kinda confused. I think I'd better check it in amazon
thanks for the answer.

SPICE AND WOLF Volume 1 | December 2009
SPICE AND WOLF Volume 2 | June 2010
SPICE AND WOLF Volume 3 | December 2010
SPICE AND WOLF Volume 4 | June 2011
SPICE AND WOLF Volume 5 | Coming December 2011
SPICE AND WOLF Volume 6 | Coming June 2012

so Yen Press release Spice & Wolf every 6 month , that was horrible I must wait it for 6 and a half years to end

Last edited by faythz; 2011-07-18 at 03:11. Reason: add
faythz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 03:23   Link #1579
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah, I see now - you're in Australia. My guess is they've used the wrong image in their catalog or they've totally screwed up. The light novels (if they have their jackets) will have a "live action" pose of a wolf-girl on the jacket protector. That volume 2 you linked to is the Light Novel vol 2. The volume 1 you linked to is the manga vol 1.

Best bet is to compare the ISBN numbers with amazon's listing to verify you're getting what you want.

And yeah, we may all go nuts waiting... but some of us are writing Yen requesting a faster pace since the series is complete in Japan.
Old 2011-07-18, 15:55   Link #1580
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Unfortunately it sounds like even with that fact, right now they have explicitly stated they aren't planning to increase release speed, although I think 3 novels a year would make more sense at the least.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, seinen, shounen