AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2012-02-20, 02:42   Link #1101
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
But hey! He's destined to become the Pervert King to build his harem, but even a perv like him has a heart of gold, if he protects Asia so dearly.
Considering Asia has been living under the same roof as he, it's almost surprising that nothing scandalous has happened yet. (Or maybe those scenes aren't just shown to us...)

It's not as if Issei doesn't find her attractive either, but despite his perv instincts he still has a sense of what is right in his view. He comes off conflicted in a way: drawn to her charms yet going protective big brother all over her for her sake. Knowing what she's been through, Issei seems to be very concerned about her well-being and watches out for her in his own way.

But of course, the future Harem King shall not be stopped! Hearing his passionate plea to save the slime as if it were his own kin, one cannot help but witness something rare in this world that is undoubtedly great..! A man at his truest. A man who knows who and what he is, and does not shy away from himself.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 08:30   Link #1102
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@mangatron: Well, the three of them (Akeno, Kirika, and Sera), apart from their ponytails share a deep interest in BSDM

As for the episode itself, as weird as it might sound, I expected more ecchi, Asia's crucifixion and resurrection episodes were definitely hotter, and even had plot development... not that I cared really, just saying
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 13:52   Link #1103
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Next week on Highschool DXD

A dream come true.....

Um, "Yes Please?"
Old 2012-02-20, 15:43   Link #1104
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

As awesome as that sounds, the circumstances that would cause her to say that are not desirable.
Old 2012-02-20, 16:34   Link #1105
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I knew that preview would generate an enormous response from the community lol. Im not betting on anything yet we all know that Issei imagines a lot of things throughout the day this could be one of them. But if its not i have no idea how any red blooded male could say no to that i mean seriously how could you say NO. I think the only reason i didnt die from blood loss is because it wasn't my queen Akeno saying it looks like Mangatron and i once again share the same taste in women lol
Old 2012-02-20, 18:16   Link #1106
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I knew that preview would generate an enormous response from the community lol. Im not betting on anything yet we all know that Issei imagines a lot of things throughout the day this could be one of them. But if its not i have no idea how any red blooded male could say no to that i mean seriously how could you say NO.
^ Because the events that would lead her to saying something like that are probably a good deal less joyous than the proposition itself We see that blond guy in the preview as well, and considering Rias' previous pondering on romance/love and all, I'll eat my hat if that isn't her fiance. I'll also eat my hat if he doesn't turn out to be a complete jerk.

With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised that his entrance means he has arrived to claim Rias, whether that means taking her back to the underworld for their ceremony (do demons have that ?) or whatever else usual cliche you can think of along those lines. Since it's fairly unlikely that Rias feels anything but distaste for the guy, but if family matters force her to marry him regardless, I could see her wanting to have her first time with someone she ... well, I won't say loves, but feels at least some semblance of affection towards.

Considering that she seems fairly distraught in said scene (compared to her usual composure), and considering that Issei actually feels fairly strongly about the need to have truthful feelings in a relationship, I don't think he will jump at the chance at all - initial drool face aside.

At any rate, I expect the final arc of the anime to be about Issei and co somehow snatching Rias away from the clutches of said guy, pound him in the ground in the process, and things returning to how they used to be ... minus one former fiance, who will get a taste of the dragon's claw.

Or I could be completely wrong, but I'd be surprised if that were the case, considering the anime ain't exactly all that subtle or unpredictable
Old 2012-02-20, 23:35   Link #1107
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ Because the events that would lead her to saying something like that are probably a good deal less joyous than the proposition itself We see that blond guy in the preview as well, and considering Rias' previous pondering on romance/love and all, I'll eat my hat if that isn't her fiance. I'll also eat my hat if he doesn't turn out to be a complete jerk.

With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised that his entrance means he has arrived to claim Rias, whether that means taking her back to the underworld for their ceremony (do demons have that ?) or whatever else usual cliche you can think of along those lines. Since it's fairly unlikely that Rias feels anything but distaste for the guy, but if family matters force her to marry him regardless, I could see her wanting to have her first time with someone she ... well, I won't say loves, but feels at least some semblance of affection towards.

Considering that she seems fairly distraught in said scene (compared to her usual composure), and considering that Issei actually feels fairly strongly about the need to have truthful feelings in a relationship, I don't think he will jump at the chance at all - initial drool face aside.

At any rate, I expect the final arc of the anime to be about Issei and co somehow snatching Rias away from the clutches of said guy, pound him in the ground in the process, and things returning to how they used to be ... minus one former fiance, who will get a taste of the dragon's claw.

Or I could be completely wrong, but I'd be surprised if that were the case, considering the anime ain't exactly all that subtle or unpredictable
I can not dispute of any of that. Besides we all know these kinds of series follow a certain formula i just like imagine now and then a studio actually breaks away from from it for once. lol

As long as Akeno is around i will be happy nonetheless lol

I have no doubt that the first time Issei faces this jerk hes going to get to his ass pummeled.
Old 2012-02-21, 00:21   Link #1108
Xaturas

So next week volume 2 of novel starts.
Seem that I will marathon all the various fillers when its out since I'm on Hiatus for about 3 eps atm.

And that virginity scene was what I was talking old time ago, crazy stuff will happen now . Wonder what will be people reaction to mr Harem Master.
Old 2012-02-21, 00:53   Link #1109
kujoe
from head to heel

Have the TV ratings of this series been discussed already? I'm just kind of curious what are the chances of this series getting a green light for a second season.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 05:28   Link #1110
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
If the judgement is made purely on direct income (and not promotion of the source), you should wait for the DVD/BD sales. TV ratings and advertisement is next to non-existent for all late-night shows. Plus I think this one is on AT-X.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 06:16   Link #1111
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Have the TV ratings of this series been discussed already? I'm just kind of curious what are the chances of this series getting a green light for a second season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
If the judgement is made purely on direct income (and not promotion of the source), you should wait for the DVD/BD sales. TV ratings and advertisement is next to non-existent for all late-night shows. Plus I think this one is on AT-X.
Malkuth is right. Statistically the number of people who watch late night anime is such a small proportion of the population, that audience numbers don't matter. What matters is how many of those who do watch, buy merchandise and DVDs.
Old 2012-02-21, 06:37   Link #1112
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The TV ratings do matter in noitaminA and NTV late-night anime.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 10:18   Link #1113
blackstormattack

It has all the factors to get a season 2 as long as there is enough material in the manga they will probably get a season 2 (or an OVA as we have seen in highschool of the dead). My bet is it will probably get an OVA and after a year or 2 a season 2.
Old 2012-02-21, 10:28   Link #1114
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstormattack View Post
It has all the factors to get a season 2 as long as there is enough material in the manga they will probably get a season 2 (or an OVA as we have seen in highschool of the dead). My bet is it will probably get an OVA and after a year or 2 a season 2.
Novel have 11 volumes released, vol 12 soon to be out, vol 13 on september.
Anime part until the end of Asia rescue was only volume 1 novel.
Then 2-3 eps of fillers taken out from volume 8 6 and so.
Now we go into volume 2 which will end HS DxD season 1.

Manga is based on novel, and as far as I remember atm its just finished rescue Asia arc.

Novel has enough material for 50-60 episodes, and considering that its not finished, it could go more. (if 2 novel volumes= 10 eps that is).

So don't worry about canon material, worry about producers wanting to dish out their Yens to produce it.
Old 2012-02-21, 10:34   Link #1115
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Wow. That was a lot. I think this series will only go for 12 or maybe 13 episodes?
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 11:05   Link #1116
rvlast

yeah... it ending at Volume 2 is sufficient enough seeing as Volume 3 is about someone else in the Occult Club, not to mention it just doesn't feel right ending the anime at Volume 3.
rvlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 11:05   Link #1117
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Wow. That was a lot. I think this series will only go for 12 or maybe 13 episodes?
According to MyAnimeList, the series will have 12 episodes. An OVA is already announced I think.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 11:13   Link #1118
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlast View Post
yeah... it ending at Volume 2 is sufficient enough seeing as Volume 3 is about someone else in the Occult Club, not to mention it just doesn't feel right ending the anime at Volume 3.
No way in hell they would be able to fit 2 volumes in 5-6 eps. Unless they would totally skip vol 2.
And vol2 ending is good for anime end. It can either end as open end good end, or a *see you someday* ending.
Old 2012-02-21, 17:07   Link #1119
blackstormattack

OVA is indeed announced and it will be included in the 13th volume in the original novel

Source: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4829197676/
Old 2012-02-21, 21:47   Link #1120
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I can not dispute of any of that. Besides we all know these kinds of series follow a certain formula i just like imagine now and then a studio actually breaks away from from it for once. lol

As long as Akeno is around i will be happy nonetheless lol

I have no doubt that the first time Issei faces this jerk hes going to get to his ass pummeled.
Yes, most likely he'll get his ass handed on a platter. However, this will only make Rias feel pity for him, tell that other guy what a jackass he is for hitting issei and blow him off, and then there's another naked hug healing session for Issei

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen