AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-27, 05:32   Link #1501
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Maaya Uchida as in the voice actress?
Yes. That screencap is from one of the "Black Action Report" segments included on the Chuunibyou BD/DVDs. In the latest one, the four main female seiyuu try to color portions of their respective character in one drawing.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-03-27, 06:37   Link #1502
Warm Mist

Lol, does she do well?

In other stuff, today Tamako is ending. I'm not really awaiting an announcement or anything of the sort, but if they're going to do something for the Summer, now would be the time to disclose it.
Unless it's a Kadokawa project, but don't those get announced with even more anticipation?
Old 2013-03-27, 07:02   Link #1503
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Lol, does she do well?
She's very loud and not that great. Akasaki does the best job coloring Nibutani's eyes. Uesaka doesn't do that well either.

Quote:
In other stuff, today Tamako is ending. I'm not really awaiting an announcement or anything of the sort, but if they're going to do something for the Summer, now would be the time to disclose it.
Unless it's a Kadokawa project, but don't those get announced with even more anticipation?
If there's an announcement today, it's likely going to be from the Pony Canyon/TBS production committee since PC are the ones paying for the timeslots. I doubt KyoAni would advertise a Kadokawa project during that timeslot. Any announcement from Kadokawa would be more probable coming from ACE this weekend.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-03-27, 09:36   Link #1504
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
It seems Tamako Market isn't doing well.
Old 2013-03-27, 10:01   Link #1505
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Interesting development on the Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! BDs. Looking at the "finishing" process (coloring in the drawn frames), I noticed that the size of each drawing remained consistent at 1834x1032. In layman's terms, it could be considered 95% full HD.
I wonder why they choose 1834x1032 instead of 1920x1080.
They still scan sheets with 144 dpi quality... I guess they use larger sheets because increasing dpi would be too slow. For information Munto used 1456x1096 drawings.
Old 2013-03-27, 11:14   Link #1506
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
So apparently the announcement at the end of Tamako Market was... Another Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai! season.

2013年03月28日 01時00分 契約更新!

Spoiler for Key visual:
so there from New Announced Anime thread

Old 2013-03-27, 11:25   Link #1507
kyouray
2D > 3D

This announcement isn't really clear...
If it was a second season, I'd be disappointed since it was the less interesting choice to make a sequel to my mind.
The twitter account hints it isn't a rebroadcast announcement.
Old 2013-03-27, 15:57   Link #1508
Dextro
He Without a Title

I hope it's just an OVA or something like that. Chū-2 is not my favourite KyoAni show by a long shot and would much rather see something in line with Hyouka.
Old 2013-03-27, 17:30   Link #1509
brocko

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...78#post4608178
If they wanted to be meta, then they could be passing new episodes off under the impression of a re-broadcast like Haruhi 2009 to take the piss outta that series. But Chuuni wasn't very parody heavy in nature so it's probably a little bit of a stretch.

Either way I'm starting to get tired of all this viral marketing. Give just enough information to pique interest, but not enough so as to cause slight confusion. Watch discussion and promotion naturally occur, then string along. Ain't playing this game any more, I'm getting sick of it. I'd rather just wait and get a straight answer than feed their hype machine.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2013-03-27, 17:37   Link #1510
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Well I guess another season of "WOOP WOOP PULL OVER THAT ASS TOO FAT" is up on the line. Series was ok, with the first half providing decent lulz comedy, but it completely fell off in the second half when it decided to be super serious with the forced romance and melodrama. I'm still dumbfounded on how it got a nomination for the "romance" category in the 2012 Animesuki Awards .

Could be worse though... could have been K-on s3 though or something borefest centric. Disappointed it isn't another season of FMP (fat chance), Haruhi or Hyouka or an entirely new project altogether.

Don't think we'll be getting another anime original project anytime soon considering it's 2 strikes out of 2 in that department (Munto and now Tamako Market). Kyoani is no PA works, so it's probably better to stick with adaptations which is what they are good at.
Old 2013-03-27, 17:44   Link #1511
brocko

I'd rather they make more of those chuuni shorts actually, the lite episodes is what I think they're called. I enjoyed those more than the actual show lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2013-03-27, 18:18   Link #1512
Warm Mist

Chuu2 is for all intents and purposes an original show, though.
Old 2013-03-27, 18:42   Link #1513
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
It seems Tamako Market isn't doing well.
Could this be the reason?

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost....&postcount=519

Quote:
The issue with Tamako never seemed to be quality, but rather a bizarre perception that quickly spread on 2ch and became entrenched as "common knowledge" that Tamako was good but "not meant for otaku", which apparently means they can't buy it. I really don't understand how 2ch came to that conclusion, but there you have it. It always ranks pretty well in surveys about the season, but so does Chihayafuru and we know how that sells...
Old 2013-03-27, 18:55   Link #1514
brocko

Except in the case of Tamako, there's really no source material to boost as a saving grace like Chihayafuru or Space Bros. It pretty much has to establish a foothold within the market entirely on it's own. If that not meant for otaku comment holds true, then it's just unfortunate that the market it's trying to penetrate is an Otaku laden one.

Old 2013-03-27, 18:57   Link #1515
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
If that not meant for otaku comment holds true, then it's just unfortunate that the market it's trying to penetrate is an Otaku laden one.
Can this be framed in some way that this loosely defined otaku boogeyman is not the culprit?
Old 2013-03-27, 19:12   Link #1516
brocko

lol Otaku boogeyman. Maybe they are used as a scrap goat a little too often.

All I was trying to get at is the majority of anime DVD's sales tend to come from the late night anime crowd. So if something doesn't quite suit their collective taste, then that's almost the whole market segment that your product has just effectively lost. Regular people who can only identify such anime like Sazae-san, Doraemon and Shin-Chan sure as hell ain't gonna be buying DVD's/BD's, damn things cost an arm and a leg. 2chan is probably lumping Tamako Market as something made for that category of people, showing how it's a kind of misplaced show so to speak. K-ON managed to bridge that gap for cross over appeal and they were probably hoping to do the same thing here with Tamako.

Old 2013-03-27, 19:14   Link #1517
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Umm... Chuni is a ln adaptation not an anime original.

In regards to Tamako Market I'm going to be frank. It's "okay" but its from far from being great. Particularly after what Kyoani is capable of doing such as hyouka lately and fmp, haruhi and clannad after story in the past. Tamako market is somewhat cute and relaxing but also incredibly safe and generic relying more on the cuteness factor then trying to evoke proper pathos in its character. Dera was funny at the start but he turned into borderline annoying as the show went on. The whole prince/bride thing seemed like a pointless add-on. A lot of the adults don't really act like adults in the tamako market. They were effectively acting pretty much happy go lucky too. I know that's the charm of the show (its optimistic and happy atmosphere) but frankly it was getting pretty boring. If the series showed more charcter arcs like that brilliant flashback of tamakos dad then it would have been a much better show. Instead it swelled more on everyday antics, mochizou being fail that would make yuuki kaiji even blush, implied yuri and the whole prince/bride plotline which I frankly didn't care about.

As for non-otaku debate, don't kid ourselves. This is an otaku show (look at all the moe and cute pandering for crying out loud), just one that happened to fail for whatever reasons. It's periphery might be family centric like how kon accidently attracted teenage girls, the main target for this show for clearly for the latenight audience. In saying that there's nothing inherently wrong for being otaku centric.
Old 2013-03-27, 19:30   Link #1518
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
In saying that there's nothing inherently wrong for being otaku centric.
How do I reconcile this final sentence with the entire paragraph before it? Because almost everything listed as a minus there was something I saw as a plus. Or based on conceptions of anime I simply don't possess.
Old 2013-03-27, 19:44   Link #1519
brocko

To put it simply, Tamako didn't entirely suit the purchasing demographic for anime DVD/BD (it may've tried to and failed, but the end result is still the same, it didn't quite match).

That isn't necessarily a bad thing, just that it may've appealed to an outside and different demographic instead. Chihayafuru and Space Bro's are a good case study of this, since manga is apparently a lot less niche market and generally more accepted (most likely due to the lower price point) than anime. The low anime sales and high manga figures show appeal outside of the anime DVD/BD market. Remember that anime is still a relatively niche market over there. I'm not sure how well exactly manga fairs in comparison but I've been told multiple times that it's a lot more accepted than anime.

Old 2013-03-27, 19:44   Link #1520
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As for Chuunibyou, while I liked it I would really rather see something new from KyoAni. The best part about Chuunibyou was that it had a definitive ending that fit with the story, and I really got the sense that the writing staff had gotten as much out of the concept as they were capable of.

As for blaming the commercial failure (relatively speaking) of Tamako Market on it not being otaku friendly, I find that pretty amusing. Of course Tamako Market is otaku friendly - it's completely reliant on moe. It lies there and begs you to love it. The problem is that otaku are neither as homogenous in their tastes or as stupid as most English-speaking anime fans make them out to be, and they've correctly identified Tamako as being pleasant enough but completely derivative - utterly safe and lacking in ambition. Even KyoAni has to try at least a little if they want to hit, and with Tamako it was obvious from the second episode (after the atypically quirky premiere) that they were mailing it in.
Closed Thread

Tags
studios