AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-28, 18:12   Link #3421
Miraluka
Banned

That's why science wise I see that hard to be possible.
Old 2012-11-28, 19:11   Link #3422
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

We have yet to see the exact mechanics behind Mental Out, but I suspect that the remote will be irrelevant, since all esper abilities work through the AIM system, which makes esper abilities tangible, unlike the magic system which "works differently", to say the least.

If any AIM "hand" cannot touch the Imagine Breaker and Touma in general, no esper can use their powers against him.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-11-28, 19:15   Link #3423
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well unless it was played for fun, Misaki was rather 'troubled' when Fukiyose took away her handbag with the remote in it...

Even if it's just a means to focus her powers, it must be something important if she's always using it.
Old 2012-11-28, 19:17   Link #3424
Shadow5YA

Maybe she sends her AIM waves through the infra-red signal sent by the remote.
Old 2012-11-28, 19:39   Link #3425
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
We have yet to see the exact mechanics behind Mental Out, but I suspect that the remote will be irrelevant, since all esper abilities work through the AIM system, which makes esper abilities tangible, unlike the magic system which "works differently", to say the least.

If any AIM "hand" cannot touch the Imagine Breaker and Touma in general, no esper can use their powers against him.
Misaki's remote control is as important as Kuroyoyoru's arms in order to use her lances.
Old 2012-11-28, 23:42   Link #3427
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
He canceled some telepath girl (during Sherill attack) without having to put his hand above shoulders.
He didn't? Well, it doesn't matter that much. My point was that as long as he doesn't touch/severe that "wire" thing (like putting his hand inside a electromagnetic shielding box or something), then it should work.
Though just like Chaos said the main issue is about IB being able to cancel the effects or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Misaki's remote control is as important as Kuroyoyoru's arms in order to use her lances.
eh ... how can you be sure about that? I highly doubt she discovered her powers after accidentally "pausing" someone with the use a remote control ... it's so obvious it can't be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
^or Awaki's(?) flashlight.
She can teleport without her flashlight though
Old 2012-11-28, 23:48   Link #3428
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
She can teleport without her flashlight though
And you can shoot a gun without looking down it's sights, but that don't make it a good idea
Old 2012-11-29, 00:03   Link #3429
zaeraal

The raw and translation is up.

Read the chapter and I can say with clear mind she is just playing with Mikoto.
Plus part of the information she said does not makes sense (Gensei should not be the leader of Member) and she hided the obvious - what is she planning to do with the clone.

speculation:
Uiharu was mind-controlled in her office like mentioned in previous chapter (though it was not directly said).
Why Kuroko and Saten aren't with her is unknown, but I believe they went either towards the judgement branch in district 2, or towards the person who took that photo - owner of that urban rumors site (maybe Saten knows that person).
So it's possible they will save the clone while Misaki is away.
(and the chance they will get forget everything from this day is again step closer)
Old 2012-11-29, 00:14   Link #3430
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
The raw and translation is up.

Read the chapter and I can say with clear mind she is just playing with Mikoto.
Plus part of the information she said does not makes sense (Gensei should not be the leader of Member) and she hided the obvious - what is she planning to do with the clone.

Well depends on who you count as the 'leader', the person in-charge of the team, or the guy behind the phone giving orders?

All we know about Member is that they answer directly to Aleister... And that's a very vague description.
Old 2012-11-29, 04:40   Link #3431
desrtsku
Nympholept

If she really is getting manipulated, that'd be pretty ... ironic.
Meh, why is it that Kamachi's protagonists are always so thickheaded when it comes to understand another person's mind/feelings?! ... all of them.
Old 2012-11-29, 04:46   Link #3432
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
If she really is getting manipulated, that'd be pretty ... ironic.
Meh, why is it that Kamachi's protagonists are always so thickheaded when it comes to understand another person's mind/feelings?! ... all of them.
Are you kidding? Kamijou has haxx psychological understanding of the human mind in the face of imminent danger!

God knows how he developed that skill set but I think all therapists should take a course in that while they're doing their degree.
Old 2012-11-29, 05:23   Link #3433
Acer
Death to the infidels!

That's right, he was the only person who noticed that the Fiamma was a big wimp.
Old 2012-11-29, 05:37   Link #3434
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Are you kidding? Kamijou has haxx psychological understanding of the human mind in the face of imminent danger!

God knows how he developed that skill set but I think all therapists should take a course in that while they're doing their degree.
Of course, romance is out of said expertise.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-11-29, 06:13   Link #3435
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Of course, romance is out of said expertise.
And yet he properly deduced that Stiyl and Eztali liked Index and Mikoto respectively

And probably Marian as well...
Old 2012-11-29, 06:22   Link #3436
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And yet he properly deduced that Stiyl and Eztali liked Index and Mikoto respectively

And probably Marian as well...
Given how Eztali basically screamed out how he likes Mikoto, Kamachi would need divine writing skills to make Touma not comprehend Eztali's love
Old 2012-11-29, 06:28   Link #3437
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Given how Eztali basically screamed out how he likes Mikoto, Kamachi would need divine writing skills to make Touma not comprehend Eztali's love
This is the same guy who went:

Itsuwa really wants to follow me to save Index = I didn't know Itsuwa and Index are such close friends...
Old 2012-11-29, 06:35   Link #3438
Acer
Death to the infidels!

You've heard the phrase: "People can cut the hair of others, but not himself"?

That goes for the romance in the life of Touma.
Old 2012-11-29, 07:45   Link #3439
desrtsku
Nympholept

Eureka! Now I get it! I think he only understands the feelings of people he's already punched or will punch in the next few pages (basically those who were at some point the effective target of his right hand). That must be another one of his special abilities. Yeah, that must be it!
Which explains how he can tell how Kanzaki globally feels, and can joke about the Fallen Angel Ero maid thing so openly.
... Which also means, he'll realize about how those girls feel about him the day they'll become a target for his super special limb.
Old 2012-11-29, 08:58   Link #3440
Acer
Death to the infidels!

The big question is: What kind of monster would become Touma if he hit him yourself with a falcon punch?
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen