AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-28, 09:55   Link #4401
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You do realized the irony of your statement right? That's like saying Mikoto solving problems with her Railgun is too anti-climatic.

We can definitely count the number of times that has happened, the robbery in the first season, the criminals in the helicopter, Telestina, AIM Burst... If you want to argue that other people also played a part then your argument wouldn't hold up because other people has also played their part for Kamijou to resolve things.

But on the positive note, you could also spin it that Kamijou's punch is FAR MORE MEMORABLE than a railgun
In many cases, his involvement is also justified, for example, the sisters arc. He is the one who will come to protect Mikoto if she is in danger.

I understand that, Railgun = Mikoto & co should be handling it, but it goes both ways then for Index, as well.
Old 2013-07-28, 10:58   Link #4402
zaeraal

Mikoto was involved a lot of times in Index, but she never stole Touma's main fight.
She always was a side character, always helping him on the side, never on the front.
She never even understood what was going on in his fights in the first place.
And she never went like "Ok Touma, sit and wait here for me, I will beat that 'insert_a_name' for you."

Sister arc was understandable, but another arc with him as the only one who can save everyone?
This is supposed to be Railgun where Mikoto and co. solves their problems with baseball bats, computers, spikes and railguns if necessary.
Not another Index, where Touma is the knight in shining armor waving his hax hand around.

I don't really remember Touma's punches, but I do remember the first railgun against bankrobbers, the glass teleported into building, the Kamehameha railgun and bat breaking Telestina's computer.
Old 2013-07-28, 11:06   Link #4403
hamazura
whatever

i hope the one who save misaka is misaki, not dat falcon pawnch again... too damn boring and not epic
Old 2013-07-28, 11:27   Link #4404
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Not just Mikoto though, it was many others who helped him. Taking from OT, a lot of people were involved in GRS who mainly took the fight rather than just him. I think she should be the last person to do something about it though since its her problem. So, I agree with that. Just wait and see though since it might turn out to be something different and his role could involve another thing.

In the end, both are memorable and awesome.
Old 2013-07-28, 12:13   Link #4405
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
I don't really remember Touma's punches, but I do remember the first railgun against bankrobbers, the glass teleported into building, the Kamehameha railgun and bat breaking Telestina's computer.
Stiyl's getting punched was my favorite moment, y'know?
I don't get the reason why you people discard one character's signature move while arguing with other characters' signature moves. It's silly.
I do agree that Touma's involvement shouldn't be over the top in this case. However, we did get some hints from Kamachi already that Touman would not be involved as much. Moderate concerns about that are fine and understandable, but... Why the panic and shitstorm like Touma punching Misaka/Gensei is already set in stone? It ticks me off, and it looks ugly.
Old 2013-07-28, 13:20   Link #4406
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Yes but this situation is different. Gensei himself hacked the Network and all Sisters already collapsed.
And he mentioned the "Main Plan", so he knows Accelerator and maybe even information about his current state.
He could have rendered him useless.
He "could", but even Amata didn't know about his battery, so is reckless to jump to conclusions, as long as the control tower LO exists Accelerator will be fine, during 0930 the Sisters collapsed as well.

Quote:
And I doubt Gensei will be able to control her that easily so we can expect some fight (even though I am not sure what Gensei would do)
Even Mitori mentioned "maybe there is still hope left", meaning that she might be able to pull herself from it.

Will then Gensei redirect the Network to himself? Or even to the Exterior?
That huge brain would make for an awesome boss
You're talking about Gensei as if he was a naive person, he appeared in person and walked in front of 2 Level 5's and rubbed their failure on their faces while habin leeway to mock them down.

Do you really think he doesn't has a plan to control her or keep himself safe in case things go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But on the positive note, you could also spin it that Kamijou's punch is FAR MORE MEMORABLE than a railgun
And it doesn't causes any collateral damage .
Old 2013-07-28, 13:53   Link #4407
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
I don't get the reason why you people discard one character's signature move while arguing with other characters' signature moves. It's silly.
I do agree that Touma's involvement shouldn't be over the top in this case. However, we did get some hints from Kamachi already that Touman would not be involved as much. Moderate concerns about that are fine and understandable, but... Why the panic and shitstorm like Touma punching Misaka/Gensei is already set in stone? It ticks me off, and it looks ugly.
Yep. Both are great and look cool, leave it at that.

If it involves relationship building between the two, no matter how big or small as he possibly will see her in such a state, I'm all for it.
Old 2013-07-28, 14:12   Link #4408
zaeraal

Exclamation summary of the chapter

Quote:
I was not trying to discard signature moves, I was replying to Chaos2Frozen as to what is for me memorable.
And I just mentioned only those that were memorable to me. (other railguns, teleports are not.)

But OK OK, let's just say that out of all his punches I will not forget the Accel punch (which is already impossible to forget).
Even then, like I said, I would prefer the Railgun team to handle it with their own skills, than Touma and his punch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
You're talking about Gensei as if he was a naive person, he appeared in person and walked in front of 2 Level 5's and rubbed their failure on their faces while habin leeway to mock them down.

Do you really think he doesn't has a plan to control her or keep himself safe in case things go wrong?
Ok, I read the whole chapter using google translate.
Spoilers
Spoiler for Summary using google translate
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The bolded part implies several things -
1. - this might not be the "final form" of Misaka (Level 6) as he asked that once she transformed and he could have been reffering to a near future.
2. - He is doing it as an experiment to see if she can reach Level 6 or not.
3. - experiments are to collect data on something, so he might just want to collect data on her and then discard her
4. - he uses probably the same virus used later to summon and control Hyoka, so he most likely can control her through Sisters.
5. - if she fails his expectations, he can try it with Exterior as the container, so my theory about turning that HUGE BRAIN INTO AWESOME BOSS is not that unreal.
6. - He is not alone (besides Mitori) and has a whole team of trained Hound Dogs, so Touma alone might have a problem if he encounters them.

So yeah, he seems to have quite a lot of cards up his sleeves to deal with problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
And it doesn't causes any collateral damage .
Another reason why Kamehameha Railgun is better.
Perfect solution like his hax hand is just no fun
Old 2013-07-28, 14:45   Link #4409
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Will end up escaping once it starts to fail.
Old 2013-07-28, 14:59   Link #4410
R.LocK
My turn

Spoiler:

You, like, completely did not get my point. Whatever.

Quote:
If it involves relationship building between the two, no matter how big or small as he possibly will see her in such a state, I'm all for it.
...It's freaking Kamachi. If he uses that for building relationships... Actually, he can.

Wait up. Freaking Hound Dogs? Oo What the hell? Not sure if Kihara-kun knows about his troops involved in this mess. Or does he?
Old 2013-07-28, 15:29   Link #4411
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
...It's freaking Kamachi. If he uses that for building relationships... Actually, he can.

Wait up. Freaking Hound Dogs? Oo What the hell? Not sure if Kihara-kun knows about his troops involved in this mess. Or does he?
Exactly! ;p

Dunno if Hound Dogs would be involved. Isn't that run by Amata?
Old 2013-07-28, 15:34   Link #4412
Goldzero

Quote:
I was not trying to discard signature moves, I was replying to Chaos2Frozen as to what is for me memorable.
And I just mentioned only those that were memorable to me. (other railguns, teleports are not.)

But OK OK, let's just say that out of all his punches I will not forget the Accel punch (which is already impossible to forget).
Even then, like I said, I would prefer the Railgun team to handle it with their own skills, than Touma and his punch.

Ok, I read the whole chapter using google translate.
Spoilers
Spoiler for Summary using google translate
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The bolded part implies several things -
1. - this might not be the "final form" of Misaka (Level 6) as he asked that once she transformed and he could have been reffering to a near future.
2. - He is doing it as an experiment to see if she can reach Level 6 or not.
3. - experiments are to collect data on something, so he might just want to collect data on her and then discard her
4. - he uses probably the same virus used later to summon and control Hyoka, so he most likely can control her through Sisters.
5. - if she fails his expectations, he can try it with Exterior as the container, so my theory about turning that HUGE BRAIN INTO AWESOME BOSS is not that unreal.
6. - He is not alone (besides Mitori) and has a whole team of trained Hound Dogs, so Touma alone might have a problem if he encounters them.

So yeah, he seems to have quite a lot of cards up his sleeves to deal with problems.
Another reason why Kamehameha Railgun is better.
Perfect solution like his hax hand is just no fun
each to his own i guess while you may dislike touma and hes falcon punches, i sure as hell admires hes character and love the creativity in hes punches. but overall i would hate it if touma as well saves mikoto again since this is her "side story" and i believe it be best to reduce the help as much as possible so railgun only fans or others that hate kamijou won't complain much.
Old 2013-07-28, 15:48   Link #4413
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I don't know why this is called a side-story. I'm guessing the only reason it is called a side-story is because originally this was technically what it was. I am pretty sure this doesn't classify what Railgun is anymore

Now it adds a lot of important information to the main plot that far surpasses what you would normally call a "side-story"... I think people are freaking out too much about Touma though. If he'll help, it'll be done in a way to satisfy fans, and if not then fans will be satisfied anyway. I'm sure Kamachi knows what he's doing because he's the one who came up with this troll arc to show all of us who thought we knew everything that was going on that we actually didn't know anything. I think it'll happen again next chapter as well. Kamachi is good at this. He is surprisingly good at this.

This is why I think it's dangerous if we already criticize what he's doing... Zaarael: though with what you just translated, it is a little weird to me.

How could a level 2 have the potential to become a level 6 while the #3 level 5 might not? Shouldn't Gensei be sure about the results before he even tries or is Kamachi just trolling readers?
Old 2013-07-28, 16:00   Link #4414
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I don't know why this is called a side-story. I'm guessing the only reason it is called a side-story is because originally this was technically what it was. I am pretty sure this doesn't classify what Railgun is anymore

Now it adds a lot of important information to the main plot that far surpasses what you would normally call a "side-story"... I think people are freaking out too much about Touma though. If he'll help, it'll be done in a way to satisfy fans, and if not then fans will be satisfied anyway. I'm sure Kamachi knows what he's doing because he's the one who came up with this troll arc to show all of us who thought we knew everything that was going on that we actually didn't know anything. I think it'll happen again next chapter as well. Kamachi is good at this. He is surprisingly good at this.

This is why I think it's dangerous if we already criticize what he's doing... Zaarael: though with what you just translated, it is a little weird to me.

How could a level 2 have the potential to become a level 6 while the #3 level 5 might not? Shouldn't Gensei be sure about the results before he even tries or is Kamachi just trolling readers?
i was told that far too many people are despised by the idea that touma is going to have to punch misaka in the face so lets hope your right that Kamichi is coming up with a way to satisfy those angry fans i haven't partically seen that many but then again its hard to find other fourms besides /a/, myanimelist, and animesuki so i can't say much right there.
Old 2013-07-28, 16:24   Link #4415
Shinhwa
Banned

Touma goes to save Mikoto again! THIS IS WHY I LOVE THEM BOTH SO MUCH <3

Well, I guess we know what's going to be animated next time in Railgun season 3 > >
Old 2013-07-28, 17:35   Link #4416
versionf

Adding something to zaeraal's spoiler.

Spoiler:

Last edited by versionf; 2013-07-28 at 17:46.
Old 2013-07-28, 18:05   Link #4417
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post
Oh I am happy about that too Just a little curious though about Gensei saying:
"Aleister's favorite hiding in the shadow of the Main Plan. How about I use her to awaken those sleeping powers?"
Is he referring to Mikoto as "Aleister's favourite"? I thought that was Accelerator.... I wonder if Gensei even knows about Aleister's plans. Or maybe he thinks he does?
IMO, Gensei might be referring to Touma as Aleister's Favourite instead, considering all the stuff going on behind the scenes (most memorable one for people on the Science Side being Touma giving Accelerator a Beatdown and then got told to GTFO for a while as AC fixes things - normally if something that rare happens to say Accel they'd be captured and forced to participate in the Dark Side). Gensei might be planning on using Mikoto to forcibly call out IB's greater powers or something?

At this point of the Indexverse timeline, Touma hasn't punched enough 'Awakened' level entities yet so Gensei's obliging by sending another one down Touma's way? If Mikoto is raised to Level 6, 'One who reaches the Will of the Heavens' according to the kanji in the spoiler pics, can be used as a piece for Touma, who is
Spoiler for Vol14:

to reach the next stage.

Though this theory hinges on Gensei knowing Aleister's plans to a extent
Old 2013-07-28, 18:14   Link #4418
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

"Favorite" can mean two things in my opinion- Favorite could mean someone he keeps out of harm, or someone he like to keep using
Old 2013-07-28, 19:15   Link #4419
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
IMO, Gensei might be referring to Touma as Aleister's Favourite instead, considering all the stuff going on behind the scenes (most memorable one for people on the Science Side being Touma giving Accelerator a Beatdown and then got told to GTFO for a while as AC fixes things - normally if something that rare happens to say Accel they'd be captured and forced to participate in the Dark Side). Gensei might be planning on using Mikoto to forcibly call out IB's greater powers or something?

At this point of the Indexverse timeline, Touma hasn't punched enough 'Awakened' level entities yet so Gensei's obliging by sending another one down Touma's way? If Mikoto is raised to Level 6, 'One who reaches the Will of the Heavens' according to the kanji in the spoiler pics, can be used as a piece for Touma, who is
Spoiler for Vol14:

to reach the next stage.

Though this theory hinges on Gensei knowing Aleister's plans to a extent
This is true, but when I got my friend who is Chinese to try to read the chapter for me (he's my roommate ) he said that it said the favorite was referring to a girl (I think). It's true he didn't have that much context, but I think he said it was referring to a girl, not a guy.
Old 2013-07-28, 20:06   Link #4420
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
How a level 2 is related to this? He just somehow poured the whole power of Misaka Network into her.
They have like half of the calculation ability of Accel (which is far more than Mikoto has)
And like some other mentioned, they are more compatible with Mikoto than Accel, so she gets even more power than him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
Adding something to zaeraal's spoiler.

Spoiler:
Thanks, I didn't fully understood that part before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post
Oh I am happy about that too Just a little curious though about Gensei saying:
"Aleister's favorite hiding in the shadow of the Main Plan. How about I use her to awaken those sleeping powers?"
Is he referring to Mikoto as "Aleister's favourite"? I thought that was Accelerator.... I wonder if Gensei even knows about Aleister's plans. Or maybe he thinks he does?
Yes this is worded oddly, I think we will need proper explanation from js06 as to whom is reffering to whom.

When Mikoto came to the roof, she said "What did you do to her!?" after seeing the Sister 10032.
Gensei then said
"Aleister's favorite hiding in the shadow of the Main Plan"
"How about I use her to awaken those sleeping powers?"
"With Misaka-kun's body as the container."
Then Misaka turns into that Demon and he says:
"Well, let's begin the experiment, can Misaka-kun reach Level 6?"

The "favorite" could be reffering to either Touma or Mikoto.
But most likely Mikoto as Touma is one of the main cogs in the Main Plan (not just someone in it's "shadow")
He should be replying to Mikoto with his second quote, not just talking to himself.
Which means that "her" was a reply to "What did you do to her!?" - as in the Sister,
next part "awaken those sleeping powers?" is reffering to the "favorite" person. Which should be Mikoto.
Then he says "With Misaka-kun's body as the container." this is OK as he is still reffering to her.
Then he asks "can Misaka-kun reach Level 6?" which means those sleeping powers were truly reffering to her.
In other words:
"Aleister's favorite (Misaka) hiding in the shadow of the Main Plan"
"How about I use her (Sister) to awaken those sleeping powers( in Misaka)?"
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen