Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-06-13, 03:21   Link #1
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
The Final Romance Thread - How Not To Be Banned [Read Opening Post]

Greetings and salutation. This thread will be the final version of the Romance Thread for Code Geass. Naturally every attempt will be made to see that it lives a good, peaceful life, and that it will not follow the same path like its predecessor: A barely visible lock is hanging from the left corner of the thread title.

The magical question is how do we accomplish such feat? After all, every other romance thread in Code Geass had to be closed eventually. The simplest of solution we have come up with after many sleepless nights is to provide bans in abundance at the slip of a button. Here in the following is a list of posters who face sure-bans:

• Aggressive shippers who are unable to entertain and/or recognize any other pairing.
  • Agressive shippers who can't participate without offending someone in some manner, i.e. ridicule, image-retort, name calling, etc.
  • Agressive shippers that forms a group mentality to push through their exclusive pairing by ignoring and/or attacking other points of views for any other pairings and opinions.
While there are many other type of poor behavior demonstrated in those previous threads, the above were persistantly adamant in all those romance threads for Code Geass which eventually lead to the closing of those threads.

The key thing to remember for any poster who wishes to post in this thread is to have fun and let others have fun. If you are going to have fun at the expense of anyone else, advertantly or inadvertanly, then you are wise not to post in this thread. Good arguments will be allowed. It's entirely upto an individual poster to interpret what constitutes a "good" argument. If a poster is unable to come to a conclusion as to what might be considered a good post, then the suggestion is: do NOT post in this thread.

Few vicious moderators will be monitoring this thread as frequently as possible. Rest assured, bans will be awarded without any hesitation. Those moderators probably will be pretty nice about it too.... or may be not.

Anyway, if you think you will be able to handle this final version of the Romance Thread, by all means, post. For the rest of ya, yeap.... it's peanut butter jelly time.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 03:48   Link #2
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

First time visiting in almost a year and ANOTHER new romance thread? Yeash lol.
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 03:56   Link #3
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
so to start things up
what makes lelouch so popular with the ladies in ashford ?
sheirly herself admited that she didnt like him at first becouse he seemed to be condecending and looked down on other people
kallen used to think he's an arrogent jerkass because of how he behaved
both of them only fell for him AFTER having been exposed to his TRUE self
and milly had known him for YEARS, so she would at LEAST know that there is more to him then what he shows in school
all three girls falling for him are logical, since they know more about him then his public faceade

but why are HALF the students (the XX half) in ashford also hot for him when he usually acts selfish and condecending in public ?
can it really be based soley on looks, or is there something more to it ? (simply his looks werent enough to attract the girls who came to REALLY love him)
Old 2009-06-13, 03:57   Link #4
Nobodyman9
Banned

Whoo, so this is it huh? Hard to believe. I've completely forgotten what it's like to have a Romance Thread. Well, lets have fun everybody, but lets try to behave ourselves.

EDIT: Hmm, that's a good question. Of course it's fair to assume that all the other girls' reasons for liking him were pretty shallow, so I'd say his looks certainly had something to do with it. I think it may also have to do with his smooth suave persona, not to mention I'm sure he's pretty popular, being on the Student Council and all. Perhaps it's the "princely aura" that he emmanates.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 04:04   Link #5
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
so to start things up
sheirly herself admited that she didnt like him at first becouse he seemed to be condecending and looked down on other people
and milly had known him for YEARS, so she would at LEAST know that there is more to him then what he shows in school
all three girls falling for him are logical, since they know more about him then his public faceade

but why are HALF the students (the XX half) in ashford also hot for him when he usually acts selfish and condecending in public ?
can it really be based soley on looks, or is there something more to it ? (simply his looks werent enough to attract the girls who came to REALLY love him)
My guess is not many of the girls who admired him really got that close to him. Probably the "Lelouch is so hot!" "I've heard he has the top grades in the school!" Kind of thing. The ones who did love him like Shirley, C.C., Kallen, and Euphemia all were probably able to bypass his typical public behavior and connect with the side of him they all fell in love with =P
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 04:14   Link #6
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
so to start things up

Allow me to make sweeping generalizations about half of the human population

1) Chicks dig the bad boys. The fact that they initially thought he was a jerk was the in...It got him into their heads. Y'know beyond him becoming a rebel leader and then a demon emperor regular Lelouch skipped class to go gambling. That's a little bad ass if you ask me.

2) Chicks dig the mysterious/deep dudes. Doesn't seem like Lelouch talks to many people outside the student council and he probably spends lots of time alone under a tree reading philosophical novels like The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann

He doesn't even realize girls like him and that casualness makes him like honey to their bees.

3) Lelouch is pretty/bishounen.
Old 2009-06-13, 06:21   Link #7
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatch View Post
My guess is not many of the girls who admired him really got that close to him. Probably the "Lelouch is so hot!" "I've heard he has the top grades in the school!" Kind of thing. The ones who did love him like Shirley, C.C., Kallen, and Euphemia all were probably able to bypass his typical public behavior and connect with the side of him they all fell in love with =P
Alright, i can get about Shirley, Kallen and for the sake of argument C.C too, on some level, but Euphie? Euphie was not in love with Lelouch.
Old 2009-06-13, 06:30   Link #8
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

but is it really just the "bad boy" thing ?
its not like he openly declares that he goes gambling
only those who KNOW him would know that

and i dont think many people think of "skiping class to go READ" is a bad boy trait
Old 2009-06-13, 07:14   Link #9
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
but is it really just the "bad boy" thing ?
its not like he openly declares that he goes gambling
only those who KNOW him would know that

and i dont think many people think of "skiping class to go READ" is a bad boy trait
I'd bet money on the bad boy any day of the week.

It's what caches the eye, the girls who are into the reader guy would take notice of Lelouch under a tree, the "bad boy" girls could easily overhear Shirley lecturing him, or possibly Shirley occasionally complains about him in the locker room. You think Rivalz would keep Lelouch's misadventures to himself? Heck he might even exaggerate a little to make himself look cool by proxy. Those seeking the sensitive soul will see Lelouch going to dances with his wheelchair bound sister.

The only gal Lelouch doesn't cater to are girls who like jocks.
Old 2009-06-13, 07:17   Link #10
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
The only gal Lelouch doesn't cater to are girls who like jocks.
i would quite go that far
its not JOCKS
its "guys who can run a hundred feet without collapsing"
Old 2009-06-13, 07:18   Link #11
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
i would quite go that far
its not JOCKS
its "guys who can run a hundred feet without collapsing"
Touche
Old 2009-06-13, 10:58   Link #12
ginran
~Smile~

@ Shadowcatch: But Euphie loved Lelouch as family. She was romantically in love with Suzaku.

which btw, its kinda sad that SuzaEuphie is canon and yet there isnt much to talk about when it comes to them. I do wonder why they never kissed though...not that its entirely necessary, but it wouldve been cute. Still love the pairing! <3

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!

Last edited by ginran; 2009-06-13 at 11:08.
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 14:56   Link #13
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
@ Shadowcatch: But Euphie loved Lelouch as family. She was romantically in love with Suzaku.

which btw, its kinda sad that SuzaEuphie is canon and yet there isnt much to talk about when it comes to them. I do wonder why they never kissed though...not that its entirely necessary, but it wouldve been cute. Still love the pairing! <3

Lol, depends on the kiss. If it was somewhat, what the kiss was supposed to be in Turn 7, between Kallen and Lelouch, that would be dirty-passion. If it was like theirs, {again} in Turn 22, that would be goodbye-meaningful-i-got-the-meaning-afterwards-dammit. If it was like Turn 12, ifx2 Shirley had decided to kiss Lelouch instead of pinching his Lulu-cheeks, then yeah, that would be cute.
There are a lot of ways to convey a kiss. 8D

p.s hooray for the new romance thread, let us paint it in an epic way guys. 8)
Old 2009-06-13, 15:00   Link #14
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
Yeah, it is kind of sad that they aren't talked abou as much, especially since they make such a cute couple. Unfortunately I think the discussion value of their relationship kind of falls apart for a few reasons.

1. Their relationship ended pretty early since Euphie, you know, died. Sad yes

2. The significance of their characters. Euphie wasn't exactly a main character so there's as much to discuss about her and, well, lets face it, on the whole, people don't like Suzaku as much as they like Lelouch.

3. They're a canon couple, which actually works for and against them. There are no major overlying love triangles or anything when it comes to SuzaEuphie, whereas with Lelouch you've 2 (maybe 3, depending on who you ask) potential prospects for him, which leads to him getting much of the discussion.

It is kind of disappointing though, especially they were a really cute couple, and it's just so sad that they couldn't be together. And yeah, a kiss would've been nice.

Oh, and yvj, I think you summed it up pretty much perfectly. Seriously, all that Lelouch is missing is a black leather jacket and a chopper, then he'd be set

Anyway, I'm still planning on doing my big surprise, but if anyone has any pent up manifestos or big ideas that they want to share then they can do those first.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 16:28   Link #15
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

I dunno, I do recall that Euphy wanted to marry him at one point.... >_>

ffff manifesto. I have the sudden urge to write a Lelouch/Euphy ship manifesto... but I kind of want to do my Lelouch/CC manifesto first... asdklgh;ag
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 17:19   Link #16
ginran
~Smile~

@ sky: I get what you're saying, but I cant picture a "dirty passionate" kiss between SuzaEuphie...XD I dont know, I just cant picture a kiss between them being anything but sweet. Though, since what happened to Euphie was so tragic, maybe a sad kind of kiss could've also happened. But, yea, you definately have a point!

@ Nobodyman: 1. unfortunately.

2. Thats also unfortunate. I really liked Euphie as a character also, but like you said, there isnt a large amount of things to discuss about her anymore.

3. Yea, thats true. But, its really only a loss when you want to talk about it. XD Most of the time I'm just happy they are canon. Sorry if this post doesnt make sense btw, I'm rushing atm.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!

Last edited by ginran; 2010-04-30 at 17:03.
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 17:43   Link #17
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
I dunno, I do recall that Euphy wanted to marry him at one point.... >_>
so did NUNNALY
they were arguing about which one of them would be lelouch's bride
i would like to also point out that they were about 10 years old at the time
i wouldnt put to much credit into it
Old 2009-06-13, 17:48   Link #18
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

There's lots of support for Nunnally/Lelouch out there, too, come to think of it...

but, lol, yeah. I see your point. All I can really fall back on for LuluEuphy is that he thought of her as his first love. Which may be one-sided, but still. <3
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 17:56   Link #19
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
so did NUNNALY
they were arguing about which one of them would be lelouch's bride
i would like to also point out that they were about 10 years old at the time
i wouldnt put to much credit into it
I would not put credit to this at all, it is like arguing about Shirley and her father in Stage 12. 8D
Kids are kids, so yeah.
Old 2009-06-13, 18:02   Link #20
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
I would not put credit to this at all, it is like arguing about Shirley and her father in Stage 12. 8D
Kids are kids, so yeah.
exactly

@snowdevil_crow
its importent to remember that lelouch and euphie had VERY little actual interacion in season 1 before the "incident"
they met at the hotel, the island and in ashford in ep 21

the hotel thing hardly counts
the island you can make more of a point about, but at that stage she was into suzaku all the way (which he also seems to accept)
and the ashford thing ends with lelouch getting VERY angry at her for failing to understand how the real world works

lelouch's statment about her being the first girl he loved can ONLY be based on what they had as children
since other then that they had like almost ZERO interactions (the MAIN one being AFTER the whole deal with shierly)