AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-03-11, 09:50   Link #181
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh well, Enjoy it by all means. Won't stop me from stating my opinion that the game will be awful.

Just sayin that I've seen more Animations in a single side quest in Witcher 3 than all of Biowares RPGs
Old 2017-03-11, 10:00   Link #182
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Oh well, Enjoy it by all means.
Thanks, I definitely will.

Quote:
Just sayin that I've seen more Animations in a single side quest in Witcher 3 than all of Biowares RPGs
Number of animations is just a statistic: lovely, but not really anything significant without context as to how it's used in a particular medium (not that The Witcher 3 is undeserving of the praise mind).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2017-03-11, 10:06   Link #183
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Sorry I forgot to say that they're awful stiff animations as well as recycled in every one of their games.

oh my god XD

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2017-03-11 at 10:49.
Old 2017-03-11, 14:24   Link #184
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That one was pretty bad, yeah. Not to mention the guy doesn't react at all to a gun being drawn and fired right next to him. Or that the robot has no indication of being shot, it just falls over dead...
Old 2017-03-12, 09:56   Link #185
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

On the one hand, this is the first time we've seen unedited gameplay footage of the multiplayer:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

On the other hand, they are playing it exactly like ME3 without even taking advantage of their shiny new jetpacks, for shame.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2017-03-14, 11:47   Link #186
SidVicious
Anime addict

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Introducing Drack

Old 2017-03-14, 13:07   Link #187
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Official Multiplayer introduction video:

YouTube

And, obvious ultra-spoilers: the first 45 minutes of gameplay -

YouTube

Last edited by LoweGear; 2017-03-14 at 13:41.
Old 2017-03-15, 06:51   Link #188
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
About quarians...

Spoiler for Quarians:
Old 2017-03-15, 07:27   Link #189
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Official Multiplayer introduction video:

YouTube
'unlock classes' annnnd that tanks my interest, if I can't play what I want from the start I have zero interest in grinding through other classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
About quarians...

Spoiler for Quarians:
Makes me sad, was wondering why I hadn't seen anything yet.
Old 2017-03-15, 07:41   Link #190
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
About quarians...

Spoiler for Quarians:
What's the source of this btw?

Old 2017-03-15, 07:47   Link #191
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
What's the source of this btw?
I got it from one of the gameplay previews of the first few hours that are currently circulating on YouTube. The info comes from talking with someone on the Nexus.

Spoiler:
Old 2017-03-15, 09:23   Link #192
Sacredus

So if you think characters could't look worse...

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352572
Spoiler:

Also this:
Old 2017-03-15, 09:52   Link #193
Mr Hat and Clogs

Meh, pre-render/"in-engine" cutscene vs final game, no surprise there it's the same for every game these days, except maybe the Witcher 3. The height thing is just perspective, compare it to other characters in the game, don't go and compare it to previous games that's just stupid. Preset heads look like arse though as is standard, except for maybe 6. Will say the mouth in the second picture seems kinda wide for my tastes, not that wide mouths are unnatural or bad but they do seem to be getting more popular these days.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2017-03-15 at 10:09.
Old 2017-03-15, 10:19   Link #194
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Meh, pre-render/"in-engine" cutscene vs final game, no surprise there it's the same for every game these days, except maybe the Witcher 3. The height thing is just perspective, compare it to other characters in the game, don't go and compare it to previous games that's just stupid. Preset heads look like arse though as is standard, except for maybe 6. Will say the mouth in the second picture seems kinda wide for my tastes, not that wide mouths are unnatural or bad but they do seem to be getting more popular these days.

There's something called proportions and here it's not even close to be ok. He either is so short or have really big head.
Old 2017-03-15, 10:35   Link #195
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
There's something called proportions and here it's not even close to be ok. He either is so short or have really big head.
Shep always looked like he had a small head to me, or one that was slightly too small, this guys head goes the other way, that or its the hair.

But again, compare it when its moving in game to other people and see if it looks off then and not based off a T-model.
Old 2017-03-15, 11:58   Link #196
Chosen_Hero

I see no problem with the preset characters looking ugly since anyone using them will most likely just work on them to make them look better. Besides, if you put enough time into it you can make a great character (I personally made a good looking male Shepard with ME1 and that character creator is horrible) just wait until people with actual skills make videos detailing how to use it, like always someone somewhere out there is going to make amazing characters with it.

You may not like to hear this but using the character creator takes skill, time and effort. No character creation tool is perfect and any character that you create in any game will never look better than what the developers make.
Old 2017-03-15, 14:35   Link #197
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Presets are SUPPOSED to look good, 'cause it means less time and work that you need to do to be happy with your character's appearance. Less time and work keeping you from playing the actual game. No one wants to sit at their computer for an hour or more just tweaking a character because Bioware thought it'd be a good idea to beat them all half to death with the ugly tree.
Old 2017-03-15, 15:19   Link #198
Chosen_Hero

Presets are supposed to be molds and placeholders to help you get close to the look you want. If they were all as good as the default face and meant to be used as is (not that you can't) then there would be no need for a character creation tool, all you would need is a character selection screen and be done with it.
Old 2017-03-15, 15:21   Link #199
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

A selection screen would be better than this shit. They don't have to look as good as the default--not that Sara Ryder's default is good--but they certainly shouldn't look like you shouldn't even bother with it at all. There's no defending this crap.
Old 2017-03-15, 21:54   Link #200
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I never thought thay any of the presets in all 3 previous games. MaleShep and FemShep always looked derpy to me.

Same here. I'm going to end up tweaking away anyway.

In any case the 10 hour preload play for Origin Access members supposedly started. Can't check since at work.
Closed Thread

Tags
rpg, sci-fi