AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2015-02-08, 06:00   Link #2261
TheGuraGuraMan

Those commercial videos of each arcs are really good. It's so annoying they always have to be in 360p on the other hand... They obviously made them in HQ to begin with, and it's not like uploading it in optimal quality takes much since the videos aren't long, oh well...

And among all thing, I would choose a Higanbana remake, I really would be interested in them keeping the shadow-ish style, but with more professional sprites, drawn backgrounds and CGs.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 09:38   Link #2262
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
Tatarigoroshi-hen

Today's kanji is I believe 条 or くだり?
I dont know that kanji, Im sorry. Im bad with hiragana so I dont recognize that middle character
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Shikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 10:20   Link #2263
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

It can be read as Kudari or Jou. Dunno which reading they're going for.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 10:35   Link #2264
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
Those commercial videos of each arcs are really good. It's so annoying they always have to be in 360p on the other hand... They obviously made them in HQ to begin with, and it's not like uploading it in optimal quality takes much since the videos aren't long, oh well...

And among all thing, I would choose a Higanbana remake, I really would be interested in them keeping the shadow-ish style, but with more professional sprites, drawn backgrounds and CGs.
I'm guessing their upload speed isn't very good, and that they don't know how to upload videos without publishing them. lol
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 14:28   Link #2265
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
I'm guessing their upload speed isn't very good, and that they don't know how to upload videos without publishing them. lol
Nah, bullshit, they didn't have any problem until then. Also, the videos were set to private, not removed.
Old 2015-02-08, 19:39   Link #2266
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
WHats the point on HD if all they'are gonna do is waste time on rendering and uploading them then make them unavailable a day or two later? Makes no sense
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled

Last edited by Shikou; 2015-02-08 at 20:20.
Old 2015-02-08, 20:48   Link #2267
GrAVit

I still don't really know why they made them private.
I guess they want to limit this secret message only to a small number of active fans?
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 21:51   Link #2268
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikou View Post
WHats the point on HD if all they'are gonna do is waste time on rendering and uploading them then make them unavailable a day or two later? Makes no sense
"waste time"

Right, like 5 minutes of uploading. And you really believe they made those videos in 360p ?
Old 2015-02-08, 22:50   Link #2269
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
"waste time"

Right, like 5 minutes of uploading. And you really believe they made those videos in 360p ?
Do you have any idea how long it takes to plan, edit, and render a single video? It takes time. And yes I blieve they rendered them in 360p. When you render a video you can choose the video quality.
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-02-10, 17:14   Link #2270
xPearse

Charming, they mention if a dog eats the other Magatama in Hirukowashi-hen. Did Ryukishi07 just want to put in our heads Rena getting fucked by a dog? I'll just drop this below.
Spoiler:
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 21:08   Link #2271
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
Charming, they mention if a dog eats the other Magatama in Hirukowashi-hen. Did Ryukishi07 just want to put in our heads Rena getting fucked by a dog? I'll just drop this below.
Spoiler:
1. Ew.
2. I, uh, didn't think the Megatama was lust, just, like, love. Since it's based on a fighting game with any number of characters you can pair up, I would hope it wasn't lust. I mean...
Old 2015-02-11, 00:32   Link #2272
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
1. Ew.
2. I, uh, didn't think the Megatama was lust, just, like, love. Since it's based on a fighting game with any number of characters you can pair up, I would hope it wasn't lust. I mean...
It makes the person in question go into a lovesick state and would do whatever it takes to have the person in possession of the other piece. It was never lust to begin with.
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-02-11, 02:07   Link #2273
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Weird to see Daybreak get mentioned right now since its something that I have been purchasing recently.

I only recently bought and read the Daybreak manga today, since I only remembered scans of Hanyuu's side of the story. But daybreak manga had whole side story going on about Natsumi and Shion fighting each other of who had best boyfriend, I was quite surprised I didn't see that chunk of story before.

I am also getting limited edition daybreak psp, the 2nd Daybreak soon (maybe it will be different then PC version...). I wanted to check the drama CD, plus I think I liked a lot of the endings in that one over the other editions. (FYI: MegaEdition Drama CD was about the kids doing a concert and hanyuu possesses the singer and made it a heavy metal concert or something, been awhile >_<)

Sorry have not up vids yet of Heroine Chronicles, hadn't much time to play it and have been too busy with Lovecraft themed boardgames and Riichi Mahjong.

Last edited by Daisu; 2015-02-11 at 02:46.
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 02:49   Link #2274
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Himatsubushi-hen this time and the kanji is 手/te.

「とがの花条手」

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 07:35   Link #2275
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
1. Ew.
Well, they say it causes both holders to eventually love one another and is a matchmaking/marriage device, which means children and there's only one way to go about that. Then, they bring up what if a dog randomly comes across and swallows it, then Satoko mentions wouldn't it just play peacefully with Rena, and then Rika says to her that she is still pure. That is because she doesn't realise they're talking about Rena getting fucked (pardon my French) by a dog. Mion also jokes that it "may be what is set", because as we know, beastilaty is the greatest source of comedy. Thanks R07.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 08:44   Link #2276
Xed51

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
Well, they say it causes both holders to eventually love one another and is a matchmaking/marriage device, which means children and there's only one way to go about that. Then, they bring up what if a dog randomly comes across and swallows it, then Satoko mentions wouldn't it just play peacefully with Rena, and then Rika says to her that she is still pure. That is because she doesn't realise they're talking about Rena getting fucked (pardon my French) by a dog. Mion also jokes that it "may be what is set", because as we know, beastilaty is the greatest source of comedy. Thanks R07.
I guess it's probably referring to the dog humping her leg or something. That tends to happen a lot with actual dogs
Xed51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 09:05   Link #2277
Xed51

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
That sounds interesting.

That's cute. And yet, it's concerning how Rika would know what they're talking about.

That reminds me of a post I recently saw in another forum.

http://kaijucombat.com/community/ind...62#post-377276

When I saw this, it reminded me of what happened (and is still happening) to Higurashi. This guy. Gets. It.
Didn't you say you didn't like the PC version and thought Ryukishi07 was a pedophile?
So really nothing happened to higurashi, in your mind it was rotten from the beginning and the anime (which came out later and should be more sensitive to anime trends, while the game came out in the early 2000s) made it better.
So really this doesen't relate to anything "going on with higurashi"
Also, LOL at people taking those miyazaki troll gifs seriously. They originated as parody but people nowadays seriously think he says stuff like that.
Not to mention the stuff xPearse is translating is part of the Higurashi Rei disc which is pretty old. So it's not like they are putting this stuff in nowadays because it's "in" and "cool" as you seem to be implying. So really this doesen't have anything to do with anything

EDIT: I just noticed you doxxed me on your blog, why thank you. How did you think a question like "can I switch between old and new sprites" had anything to do with anything? The naked satoko sprite will not be in the steam release anyway (steam doesen't allow nudity, so it will most likely be replaced even if you select the original sprites), and IT'S NOT EVEN IN THE FIRST ARC WHICH IS THE ONE COMING OUT, LOL!! I love how you took the chance to try and make me look like a pedo when I was the one who warned you of not mixing up your name in this so you wouldn't get doxxed, really nice, totally a trustworthy person
Xed51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 10:17   Link #2278
st_nick5

Could we try and keep the thread from going back to that poisonous topic? I'd prefer to be able to come here for updates, without having to wade through pages of shit.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 10:30   Link #2279
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xed51 View Post
Also, LOL at people taking those miyazaki troll gifs seriously. They originated as parody but people nowadays seriously think he says stuff like that.
Not to mention the stuff xPearse is translating is part of the Higurashi Rei disc which is pretty old. So it's not like they are putting this stuff in nowadays because it's "in" and "cool" as you seem to be implying. So really this doesen't have anything to do with anything
While those gifs themselves are trolls Miyazaki is indeed very critical of the late night anime industry. However saying that what he critizises "happened" to Higurashi is ridiculous. All versions of Higurashi including the console versions are aimed at an otaku audience and includes tons of service and sexual references that Miyazaki would most likely dislike.

I don't like the Mangagamer sprites that much either but they aren't "corrupting" Higurashi.
Old 2015-02-11, 11:15   Link #2280
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
I recall comments complaining about Higurashi being reduced to "loli bait" some time ago.
Higurashi was already treated like a loli bait psychopath loli killers long before MG decided to translate the VN. Deal with it.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote