2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-08-28, 08:50   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Gundam Build Divers - Episode 21 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Gundam Build Divers, Episode 21.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 09:32   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Very good fight animation but I just don't feel anything when it comes to all the emotional moments (plus, Riku's cheesy "I won't give up!!"-antics and his scream at the end of the episode is rather groan-inducing to me). And they're trying to (finally) give Ogre more screentime this late in the game? Well, sorry if my investment to his character is close to zero. That's your own damn fault, show. Due to my low expectation, all I care about this episode is the fight spectacle and I got that, at least. So I'll give it a "good" score.

Next episode: Civil War? Also, Tsukasa to the rescue!! Yay?
Old 2018-08-28, 11:31   Link #3
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so Koichi and Tsukasa are going to turn Sarah into a sentient gunpla in the vein of Frame Arms Girls using tech based on the GPD system?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 11:45   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't care about Ogre either given how little screentime he got, but the fight was pretty good. Ogre wanted to ascertain that Riku's power was his own and was satisfied, but didn't the pendant glowing (shown only to us) imply Riku was actually drawing power from Sarah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
so Koichi and Tsukasa are going to turn Sarah into a sentient gunpla in the vein of Frame Arms Girls using tech based on the GPD system?
Seems like it. Sarah will turn into a pocket waifu. I initially thought they would turn her into some kind of phone app like Amadeus in Steins;Gate 0.
Old 2018-08-28, 11:45   Link #5
Skye629

Putting Sarah in a Gunpla to sell more Gunpla

Classic Bandai

Though its actually not a bad solution, fit the show and sells more kits

INB4 cheesy as f “NOOOO SHE GOT DELETED DESPITE OUR EFFORTS TO SAVE HER!!!!.........BUT WAIT!!! WE UPLOADED HER AT THE LAST MINUTE!!! ITS ALL K”
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 12:11   Link #6
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
...but didn't the pendant glowing (shown only to us) imply Riku was actually drawing power from Sarah?
I know, right? Such a cop out.

Even at this point, the show still uses some sorts of DEM to solve a conflict. Whatever....I already gave up on its storytelling and only watch this for the flashy fights.
Old 2018-08-28, 12:26   Link #7
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Very good fight animation but I just don't feel anything when it comes to all the emotional moments (plus, Riku's cheesy "I won't give up!!"-antics and his scream at the end of the episode is rather groan-inducing to me). And they're trying to (finally) give Ogre more screentime this late in the game? Well, sorry if my investment to his character is close to zero. That's your own damn fault, show. Due to my low expectation, all I care about this episode is the fight spectacle and I got that, at least. So I'll give it a "good" score.

Next episode: Civil War? Also, Tsukasa to the rescue!! Yay?
Ogre was shown a decent amount. I just don't get how you aren't emotionally invested. This series has been nothing but good and happy times and this Saras situation flipped everything on its head giving the series a tonal shift and thus making everything much more emotionally investing. There were no stakes before this was just a fun game. I mean you had cheaters but again still just a game and then the stakes got to big to be believable. Now its oh shit my friend is going to be deleted and theres nothing we can do. We the audiance know thats not the case but the characters don't. We finally have Riku fighting with all his emotions and at that losing technically. This episode was done right in every aspect.
Old 2018-08-28, 12:35   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
I just don't get how you aren't emotionally invested.
Maybe because the story is lackluster in its execution and is very tired and stale because too many other stories already used this kind of plot. It was even a subplot in SAO and that cursed anime even managed to tell it better and with lesser fluff, better logic and more consistent world-building and rules. Considering how much I dislike SAO, the fact that GBD made me talk in favor of SAO is really saying something .
Old 2018-08-28, 13:17   Link #9
charasu
DigiDestinied

Sooo this is bandai plan to sell more ms girl huh @_@

Well the fight is good tho, :v
Old 2018-08-28, 14:22   Link #10
Wandering Soul

Can't really say I care about Ogre and the fight did feel somewhat misplaced. In fact doesn't the constant shots of the pendant glowing sort of imply that Riku is wrong about not using Sarah's power.

Looks like they are going to save Sarah similar to how they saved Yui from SAO
Old 2018-08-28, 16:09   Link #11
Magewolf

Apparently server farms do not exist in this world. This story-line is so,so stupid.

Hey,we have an AI here that is good enough to fool tons of people for five or six months(I have no idea how much time has passed in the show but any less then that makes no sense). What should we do about it? A) Announce it to the world and set up a line for all the people rushing to throw money at us. B) Buy more servers and transfer the player data to a new instance of the game and study her ourselves to keep all the profit. C)Destroy her to save a decent at best game that no one will remember in ten years.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 16:35   Link #12
ReddyRedWolf

K the writing is stupid. The world, the real world, isn't in any danger. Stop acting like it is.

I guesing Ogre is some sort of obsessed gaming nerd who doesn't have a real life as he is obsessed about winning and the game. Escapism to him is the real world. Which is sad as this sentiment is carried by Rommel and others.

If these people can't live in the real world then that is not living. Meanwhile Sarah despite being artificial is a living sentient being.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-29, 00:33   Link #13
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Koichi and Tsukasa are smarter than the developer of GBN.

GPD-banzaii!!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-29, 02:44   Link #14
Chosen_Hero

^At this point a monkey is smarter than the people who created GBN.
Old 2018-08-29, 03:01   Link #15
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^At this point a monkey is smarter than the people who created GBN.
i think you mean the Newtype monkeys from the Crossbone Gundam manga that manages to take on an ace pilot using ape Zakus.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-29, 03:09   Link #16
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
K the writing is stupid. The world, the real world, isn't in any danger. Stop acting like it is.

I guesing Ogre is some sort of obsessed gaming nerd who doesn't have a real life as he is obsessed about winning and the game. Escapism to him is the real world. Which is sad as this sentiment is carried by Rommel and others.

If these people can't live in the real world then that is not living. Meanwhile Sarah despite being artificial is a living sentient being.
...or he is just real battle freak. Because you know fighting in real world is bad and people might get injured. I think if Ogre were actual escapist he would be more upset about Sarahs threat to GBD then Riku cheating. Now he aknowledged his defeat he might even support Riku instead.

As For Rommel, didn't he just said lot of guild members are dissabled? I don't think desire being able walk on his own two legs even if it's just in VR is wrong desire.
Old 2018-08-29, 15:42   Link #17
ReddyRedWolf

Rommel never said they were disabled. Only GBN is the only place where they can be themselves. That they spent hours in GBN that it is part of their lives.

So yeah compared to Ogre and Rommel Riku is Riajuu to their Chuuni-Otaku. His friend turns out to be an AI with freewill and emotions. Of course he wants to save her. To him it isn't a game but a life of a person.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-29, 16:18   Link #18
Tenzen12

You are wrong.

Quote:
"I don't want lose GBN. There are people who an only walk or talk inside GBN. My team too, has pople who live with such hardships. They have nowhere else, but this precious wold where they can be themselves as they wish. Don't take GBN away from them"
And again Ogre isn't obsessed with winning per se, but with defeating strong opponents. That common trait in anime. Would you say that for example Zaraki Kenpachi or Black Lagoon's Revy are nerds without life? If he has bloodthirst and can satisfy it in game, it's better then if he was in some gang. That said I wouldn't be surprised if he was in one on top of that too.
Old 2018-09-04, 02:22   Link #19
Skaddix

You know this being quite separate from the other Gundam Build Fighters is looking pretty smart.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 06:19   Link #20
devilo96

Err....riku cant even win the red ogre...now he gonna fight with champion...i bet riku gonna get new power up...
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote