AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 43 18.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 16.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 16.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 52 22.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 9.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 2.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.90%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-26, 18:38   Link #61
DanielSong39

The ingredients of this show seemed just fine; but the problem was how it was put together.

Suffers from the "too many cooks" problem, as the show started going downhill towards the end of episode 2. Hinako episodes (4 and 6) almost saved the show and it would have been salvaged if it had actually gone down that path. It would've been hilarious to see Nanaka jealous of an 11-year-old and Shuu seeing hints of Shuri in Hinako.

As for the twincest, two thumbs down. It's much more fun to speculate about it than to see it actually happen.
Old 2007-12-26, 18:39   Link #62
conflictz

Lol wow that was a weird ending o_O

Spoiler for ep13:

STILL, that was an awesome episode and overall an awesome anime

*OH and on an off-topic note...Im surprised they aired during Christmas, I thought for sure they would delay airing like Shana did but THANK GOD they didnt!*
Old 2007-12-26, 18:45   Link #63
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

It gets an 8 for actually being able to end it. I didn't think they could end it properly. As far as praise goes, that's it. Sana's past was the largest let down I've had in a long time. I'm not going to sit here and talk about why this was not that great, there were far better episodes earlier in the series, but whatever. I'll save my entire thoughts for the show after viewing thread. The ending was still pretty crappy and empty.
Old 2007-12-26, 18:53   Link #64
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Finally the twists and turns have reached their conclusion. I never guessed that:

Spoiler for thoughts on epi13:
Old 2007-12-26, 19:00   Link #65
Kristen
*Author

This episode made me smile, and upset me a little that it was over. So, it's going to get a 9.

Nanaka's past was really great, and I enjoyed that. Further, I enjoyed how they showed how Nanaka and Sana became one in the same, finally together after all of those years. Sana's past was a little short, but I had never been too interested in that.
What I think they really missed was what happened to the grandmother. I would have liked to know that, but I guess you can't have everything in a short series. And I felt that Shuri/Shuuske needed a little bit of further explanation. Was it incest at the end? Or are they just close siblings?

I'll save a lot of my reviews for the overall series impressions thread.

One thing that definately failed in this episode was the black blood. I mean, they've done it 3 times so far in different series. The first 2, you could tell what it was. But this one, they employed it twice. The first time was with her father. Now, I couldn't tell whether that was blood or oil until I rewatched that scene. Even now I'm unsure. And then in the bathtub scenes, I thought those were burns, not blood. And that had me confused as to how just Sana's wrist was burned, and not his hand.
Black blood is a censor, but if it makes something indistinguishable, then it's going a bit too far.

I'm giving this a 9. Good show.
Old 2007-12-26, 19:03   Link #66
Ryoujin
What?

Somehow I thought that this episode was kinda rushed. Even tho the whole series wasn't "bad", for some reason I felt that even on all episodes until now there were gaps.

Spoiler for "Not sure if these are spoilers but just in case ^^:

As someone else said, it didn't really felt that Sana and Nanaka really loved each other, other than supporting, there were never really kisses or even hugs (well, there was one in episode 12-13, but that one doesn't really count IMO).
Old 2007-12-26, 19:07   Link #67
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
As for the twincest, two thumbs down. It's much more fun to speculate about it than to see it actually happen.
well, you see, there are LOT of people that still challange that there was not twincest, most of them are the one that has have concrete evidence for it to be true.
Old 2007-12-26, 19:17   Link #68
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoujin View Post
Somehow I thought that this episode was kinda rushed. Even tho the whole series wasn't "bad", for some reason I felt that even on all episodes until now there were gaps.

Spoiler for "Not sure if these are spoilers but just in case ^^:
The sub is out!
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-26, 19:28   Link #69
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

well lets see....

Aoi still has the 6 yr old annoying voice and the incest love actually came true

1st half of ep explained pretty much everything but they time jumped alittle too quick, so its kind rushed and could've left another ep to smooth things up

entire ep is 7/10 for me, but with the brilliant ending they closed up with, i shall give this ep an 8.5/10
Old 2007-12-26, 19:41   Link #70
TigerII
Pilot in Training

So who was Youta?
Old 2007-12-26, 19:43   Link #71
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

FINALLY! It might have only lasted five minutes, though finally we see Sana explain what happened while he was away. I guess knowing he was a slashing made the impact all the more interesting, especially that facial reaction to seeing Nanaka in the same state. The black blood really effected this scene for me, but whatever, the message still got across well enough.

You can call me sick in the head if you want, but do you think we'll see his slash marks in the DVD version?

The whole '10 years later' kinda took me by surprised, especially after such a scene, though it worked as a nice closer to the series. Shame we didn't see anything to do with Sana x Nanaka, easily because they didn't have enough time.

Not a bad series overall. I would very much like some information on the soundtrack release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
So who was Youta?
A guy she met at school?
Old 2007-12-26, 20:03   Link #72
mystic210

Send a message via MSN to mystic210
To me, I think it was a bit rushed Sana didn't tell about is past until the very end, but better late than never. I'm glad that we got to know more about the fire and who caused it and why, but I am a bit dissapointed because we never got to know exactly what happened to the twins and the 10 year jump caught me off guard, but it did end quite well so overall it was a great series.
Old 2007-12-26, 20:08   Link #73
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
So who was Youta?
It was mentioned earlier, remember ghost house boy (aka yuri girl's cousin)?
Old 2007-12-26, 20:15   Link #74
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

a terribly written ending to a terrible written series, well what more can I say?

I did like the fact that Nanaka's mom was a slut and her dad kill her for it. And that they finally took away all doubt regardings the twins. Twincest ftw? Why the heck is Hinako hanging out with a 16 year old when shes 21? I'm guessing she met him the way the others met her when she was in elementary school? And lmfao, at his name being Shouta, I guess Hinako like 'em young eh?
Old 2007-12-26, 20:20   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
And lmfao, at his name being Shouta, I guess Hinako like 'em young eh?
His name is Youta.
Old 2007-12-26, 20:43   Link #76
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

I can't really think of a word for this last episode. It wasn't the greatest episode ever, but it also wasn't as bad as the ending to Canvas2. The last episode did what it's supposed to do which is end the series and end all (or most of) the loose ties. I felt that this last episode did that fairly well. I was sort of surprised that it was Nanaka's "father" who started the fire, and I'm really surprised a series would actually introduce a character (Sakuraba) in the last episode.

I really felt Sana's past was a huge letdown. It doesn't explain why his mother and father aren't with him right now. I thought his past would contain something really dramatic, but instead we get that Sana was bullied and tried to kill himself. I'm sorry, but I'm not shocked by that.

All in all, it was a decent episode. We got to see all the characters in the end. It was a "happy" ending, with either a proposal in the end or just Sana giving Nanaka a ring. Either way, it was nice to see Nanaka play the violin and finally finish the tune she promised Sana.

I'm really hoping for a spinoff revealing what happened in the 10 years between the time-skip. I mean, I would want to see that. Any takers?
Old 2007-12-26, 20:44   Link #77
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Oh right... well close enough >_> lol XD
Old 2007-12-26, 21:12   Link #78
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
I still liked the last episode somewhat, but i can't say too much positive about the show overall ... Hinako episodes was the best thing it had to offer, Shuu and Shuri dynamics being the second (and last) noteworthy mention.
I'd add the bits with Yuzuki-sensei and her caramels to that list. Overall, I think that Myself, Yourself was much more successful when it concentrated on light-hearted storytelling than when it tried to go the heavy drama route at the end. I rather like drama and melodrama, but the execution in this show was off-putting, and it wasn't as entertaining as it should have been. In many ways, Nanaka was the most poorly executed character, and this served to drag the rest of the show down.
Old 2007-12-26, 21:17   Link #79
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The sad thing is, is that Hinako is the best thing the show had to offer, and unfortunately they ditched her at the end.
Old 2007-12-26, 21:17   Link #80
TigerII
Pilot in Training

As stated, it was never a great show, so the ending wasn't that bad for the show. As also said, glad they did tie up the end ties.

And lol at the likes em young. Which is right, but he gets to tell all his buddies he is with a 21 year old.
Closed Thread