AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-01-30, 05:24   Link #41
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sterling01:
My dad's a closet yaoi fan and also a loli-con
My mom only really liked Elfen Lied and Higurashi

My Grand-parents liked the classics
So it would be safe to say your father bisexual (nothing against them)?

God, I wish my parents' attitude towards anime are more like Vexx-oyaji, that would be awesome.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 11:59   Link #42
Aznbanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolycooly7777 View Post
while not regularly, my stepdad whos really into gaming and stuff will watch anime with me (only action)

funniet thing ever was us watching JinROh and he was like those are the weapons i was shooting ppl last night with online

best...moment...ever

HAHHAHA that is sick. LOL

My mom thinks im watching cartoons and never understands. My whole family hates Japanese stuff too ==" so it makes it kinda complicated since i love Japanese stuff so much.
Aznbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 13:09   Link #43
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

My dad? No chance in hell. From my impression of him, he seems to be the typical athletic school jock back when he was studying. He's as big a fan of sports as I am of anime; namely he watches virtually any and all televised sports (barring golf I guess).

My mom? She loves Disney stuff, so if there's anything like that in anime she'll watch. Too bad I only have exactly one series I own that would fit that, and that would be Princess Tutu.

So really, neither don't watch. :/

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 13:09   Link #44
hirahira
a duck is fine too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznbanana View Post
. My whole family hates Japanese stuff too ==" so it makes it kinda complicated since i love Japanese stuff so much.
same here
My mom absolutely hates anime or anything Japanese so I have to watch anime in secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
My mom only really liked Elfen Lied and Higurashi

wow, those are two anime that my mom would the most
Old 2008-01-30, 15:02   Link #45
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirahira View Post
same here
My mom absolutely hates anime or anything Japanese so I have to watch anime in secret
So are you saying she's just racist or xenophobic? I always find such viewpoints fascinatingly disturbing. (I've simply stopped talking to about half my relatives because they're racist, xenophobic, and for lack of a better description - demonstrate christofascist white supremacist tendencies).
Old 2008-01-30, 15:44   Link #46
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
So it would be safe to say your father bisexual (nothing against them)?
He considers himself multisexual, says there's a difference (I haven't figured it out)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So are you saying she's just racist or xenophobic? I always find such viewpoints fascinatingly disturbing. (I've simply stopped talking to about half my relatives because they're racist, xenophobic, and for lack of a better description - demonstrate christofascist white supremacist tendencies).
Same thing happend with My mom's grandparents... they even "disowned" her
Old 2008-01-30, 15:52   Link #47
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Good thing my parents aren't that narrowminded ^^

My dad isn't interested but he doesn't tell me not to watch. My sister is a fan like me and my mum likes it but due to work she can hardly find time to herself let alone relax

Though I have been able to watch 2 eps of a series per week with her which is good. Call it mother-son bonding ^^

After saikano, currently tackling code geass

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 16:44   Link #48
JustInn14
moo

NO! They'd probably think I'm bat **** insane for watching Lucky Star, or the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya!

But they like Pokemon...
JustInn14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 17:46   Link #49
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
whoa, i stopped talking to my dad's side of my family (along with my dad) for some of those reasons,including them thinking that everyone must do exactly as they say as if they are robots.

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 06:05   Link #50
Amrael
Nothing ever changes.

Send a message via MSN to Amrael
My mother used to watch old animes like Mazinga and Goldrake when she was a kid, but now both of them are totally out of the league. Sometimes my father watches Lupin the 3rd however (but very very rarely).
Amrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 15:16   Link #51
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

My dad can't read very fast so subs are out of the question. Besides, I'm a sub elitist so I can't bring myself to give him dubs.

I do plan to watch something like Kaiji with my mom though.
Old 2008-02-14, 16:24   Link #52
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

My parents don't even know what does the name "Anime" means. Therefore, it's obvious that they don't watch. Plus, the fact that both of them, especially my father, barely know English also makes watching anime difficult.
Old 2008-02-14, 16:40   Link #53
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
My parents GOT me into anime. My father is a fanboy of Space Adventure Cobra, City Hunter, Cat's Eyes and, lately, GTO; my mother is more into Captain Harlock, the good old WMTs animations, Cat's Eyes and Versailles no Bara.

It's next to impossible to get them watching newer things. So far, the only thing I managed to make my father watch is Black Lagoon, as far as past 1980s anime go.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 16:45   Link #54
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
None of my parents have any issue with me watching anime. My mom is an anthropologist, so she's always keen on learning about different cultures and ways of understanding the world, thus she appreciates my taste for anime and the Japanese language. My dad is quite indifferent, and though I suspect he has a slightly stereotyped view of anime in general, he doesn't get in my way. He's more amazed at the fact that I can speak Japanese, though.

I can't imagine them watching anime, though. But it'd be nice to do it with an "old-timer" someday. Vexx, if I ever travel to the US, make sure to give me your address or something

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 17:38   Link #55
ChibiMenos
Gillian-class Chibi

Occasionally I've gotten them to watch a bit, but not very often and not very much. My dad takes it too seriously and starts freaking out about how violent Bleach is, and though my mom did enjoy what she saw of Saiunkoku Monogatari she didn't want to watch the whole thing.

Maybe they'll catch on eventually, though...generally my preferences take a year or two to soak in. (They just barely started watching House, for instance.)
ChibiMenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 10:16   Link #56
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
None of my parents have any issue with me watching anime. My mom is an anthropologist, so she's always keen on learning about different cultures and ways of understanding the world, thus she appreciates my taste for anime and the Japanese language. My dad is quite indifferent, and though I suspect he has a slightly stereotyped view of anime in general, he doesn't get in my way. He's more amazed at the fact that I can speak Japanese, though.

I can't imagine them watching anime, though. But it'd be nice to do it with an "old-timer" someday. Vexx, if I ever travel to the US, make sure to give me your address or something
roger, wilco, eh? (if I'm still there ).
Old 2008-02-15, 12:12   Link #57
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
My parents GOT me into anime. My father is a fanboy of Space Adventure Cobra, City Hunter, Cat's Eyes and, lately, GTO; my mother is more into Captain Harlock, the good old WMTs animations, Cat's Eyes and Versailles no Bara.

It's next to impossible to get them watching newer things. So far, the only thing I managed to make my father watch is Black Lagoon, as far as past 1980s anime go.
Wow, dude, you got lucky with parents in that respect.

My parents tolerate my watching anime, but I still get the feeling they frown down on it. My dad keeps telling em i'm too old for it, and my mom always gives me the hairy eyeball when I watch it. I still haven't interpreted the meaning of said hairy eyeball.
Old 2008-02-15, 20:20   Link #58
xia

My father liked Black Lagoon

Some stuff I watch I try to get him into since he's so anti-anime. He's liked a few. Rurouni Kenshin was his favorite.
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 20:46   Link #59
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer

Heh, my Dad and I both watch anime.
He got mixed up with the anime, and called it Manga. =S Eventually I told him. ^^"
But actually, he was the one who got me into anime ages ago...when I knew about, it's just I went a little more crazier than him.

My mum often joins in, to. When ever she's free.
KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 21:04   Link #60
Shana

My dad doesn't mind me watching anime, actually he buys me the 16+ stuff ! lol. It's not that he "likes" anime, he just sat a few minutes while I was watching FMA on TV and said "Nice. So that's what I bought for you." My cousin watchs some series in the TV like Kenshin, Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh!, though actually he aims for H stuff of DBZ and Ranma. I'm just happy that he knows about anime =]

In another hand, my other cousin, I was having a chat with her in MSN, and she told me that my aunt's teacher-of-I-dunno-what likes that "Weird pics." I felt like if she was stabbing me in my heart!

Oh yeah, my aunt (she counts as my mom =P) doesn't watch anime.