AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-06, 17:21   Link #901
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
So I guess the Thunder Smashing Strike that Yi gum bym(or whatever his name is) is just a punch cocked back =02. It was pretty stupid to even say the move, since without ki behind it, it's just a regular punch. It COULD be hinting that after seeing Yi gum bym and Jinie use it, he has an idea how to use it himself, but I don't want to give him too much credit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klg View Post
Spoiler:
considering he was nearly dead the night before and woke up completely fine, I highly doubt a dislocated shoulder is anything to worry about. It'll prob heal in a few mins .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 03:42   Link #902
gameboy234

Without his Ki he can't do shit.
So is it going to be the road to ki recovery or somehow he learn ki-less martial art..
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 18:19   Link #903
DarkLordOfkichiku

The artist has posted the chapter 29 cover at his blog. enjoy!:

http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio/100127861706
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 20:16   Link #904
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
The artist has posted the chapter 29 cover at his blog. enjoy!:

http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio/100127861706
So...

Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 02:03   Link #905
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ch.29 from DAUM:

A dialogue-heavy chapter with a quite ominous chance-meeting (or did chance have nothing to do with it?) at the end.
Old 2011-05-13, 02:10   Link #906
Iron21

First 3 pages were lulz worthy.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 03:55   Link #907
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
First 3 pages were lulz worthy.
Indeed they were!

Not sure how to feel about the rest of it though... It looks like the author has decided to go on a rather fast pace here, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing .
Old 2011-05-13, 04:44   Link #908
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Indeed they were!

Not sure how to feel about the rest of it though... It looks like the author has decided to go on a rather fast pace here, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing .
The faster Shioon gets his brain screwed over, his reality warped, and lastly, beaten to a pulp by Chang Ho who is now part of the 'so-called Goomoonryong's disciples', the better.

Right now, The Breaker is lacking personal momentum. Something to genuinely accelerate Shioon's need to regain his powers. And it was pretty clear from the get-go that one of the recipes for that, bitter and painful as it is, was a beating from Chang Ho.

So yeah... with chapter 29 ( hopefully scans come soon ), I call myself quits on the Breaker until someone tells me Shioon has finally found some way to regain his power. or at least until Chang Ho loses all his tooth this time round.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 05:02   Link #909
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The faster Shioon gets his brain screwed over, his reality warped, and lastly, beaten to a pulp by Chang Ho who is now part of the 'so-called Goomoonryong's disciples', the better.

Right now, The Breaker is lacking personal momentum. Something to genuinely accelerate Shioon's need to regain his powers. And it was pretty clear from the get-go that one of the recipes for that, bitter and painful as it is, was a beating from Chang Ho.:
I'm not sure if he'll be beaten to a plup though. Sera and Junho are there, after all.... and Changho's not a master like Sera, hasn't (as far as we know) even seriously fought another Murim yet. However, the mere reappearence of this old tormentor of his, drunk on his newfound power, should be enough of a kick in the butt for Shioon to get started on regaining his power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
So yeah... with chapter 29 ( hopefully scans come soon ), I call myself quits on the Breaker until someone tells me Shioon has finally found some way to regain his power. or at least until Chang Ho loses all his tooth this time round.
That may be a sound strategy
Dunno if that's a policy I could follow though...
Old 2011-05-13, 06:43   Link #910
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I think probably Shioon regain his powers In the fight whit Chang Ho.., I wont see Shioon Beat Chang Ho for really this time,with no one help Shioon..,and for this, Shioon nedd to' recovery his ki center.
Old 2011-05-13, 09:16   Link #911
Key Board
Carbon

well.. from my experience, Korean manga are less likely to hold back their punches

I'd say this classmate and mother will get killed
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 09:44   Link #912
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
I think probably Shioon regain his powers In the fight whit Chang Ho.., I wont see Shioon Beat Chang Ho for really this time,with no one help Shioon..,and for this, Shioon nedd to' recovery his ki center.
Uh, I'm not sure if going along the route of Avatar the Last Airbender is the best way to go about it, to be honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
well.. from my experience, Korean manga are less likely to hold back their punches

I'd say this classmate and mother will get killed
What a cheerful prediction . But you're right that korean manga is less likely to hold back with the punches, at least...
Old 2011-05-13, 22:14   Link #913
Shadow5YA

Well now... things are picking up. I wonder how Shioon is going to get out of this one. Then again, he always seems to be fighting people stronger than him.

And I just noticed the missing tooth. That is pretty funny.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 22:45   Link #914
Xion Valkyrie

Wait, so if Shioon orders the chairman girl to wear nothing but an apron, she would?

Hoho, she's already in his harem.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 23:31   Link #915
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

so... he's gonna get his ass kicked again? ...sigh... new waves really is a shadow of its former self... the series is slowly going down the shitter as it progresses...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 01:15   Link #916
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
so... he's gonna get his ass kicked again? ...sigh... new waves really is a shadow of its former self... the series is slowly going down the shitter as it progresses...
well for now the only parts that are really funny are with those girls...first Jinee and now Sera XD her talk about wearing apron was hilarious ^^

it looks more like fight between girls in who will get shioon... while he gets beaten up to a pulp each time....

but what is interesting is that in season1 gromo too had his right arm in plaster cast... and now shioon too has his right arm out of the game... yet gromo was fighting with his left hand so does shioon here...

still this match is way to unfair... becouse shion cant do martial-arts becouse of the lack of ki-center... yet I would like to see him kicking ass of this thug ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 01:48   Link #917
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Apparently, the author posted that he's concerned because ratings for the series have fallen. Well, when you rehash fights (just with new people), reset the power level of your protagonist afters years (chapter wise) of growth and the make it so he's got to be constantly saved, it's going to drive some readers away. Destroying Shioon's ki center and resetting the manga to zero was the dumbest move he could have made. Bringing back Chang Ho was another. He's supposed to be the past that Shioon has moved on from. Bringing him back is pointless.

This isn't like HSDK, which was able to get away with a full reset because it only had a couple months worth of chapters out (and which turned out better afterward). This has years behind it, with a big fan base following the story. And it's not like he actually restarted the series-- it's a continuation that's just been handled poorly in an attempt to "softly" reset everything. But the story since then lacks heart.
Old 2011-05-14, 03:15   Link #918
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Well there is a reason why this series popularity is dropping fast... The main hero sucks too much and it makes it all the more frustrating when you compare as on to how the series were before the reset.

The only thing that is ok after the reset are the girls, but that can't stop the series from dropping lower and lower.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 03:28   Link #919
DarkLordOfkichiku

Haha, Sera's great . Since she apparently knows a few medicinal tricks, maybe we should start thinking of her as a kuudere-version of Shiho?

Quote:
There's still the hope that Shioon'll still kick his ass here, like he kick the fatso's ass. There's also the possiblity that he simply walk away, saying that he'll" return later, at a better time and place". There's also the possiblity that Shion'll be saved by someone, but I hope not. Oh well...
Old 2011-05-14, 03:29   Link #920
Johnny
Working the bags...

Plus the whole reason for the reset just didn't make sense. Sure Goomoonryong renounced Shioon as he disciple, but he's not a retard. He should know some people won't give a rat's ass and come after Shioon anyways. If it wasn't for Jinie he'd be six feet under. Good call Goomoonryong!
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves