AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-03-24, 13:45   Link #81
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Taking his previous work into account, it's possible...but it's kinda like saying Tobi is Obito, too much speculation with too little facts to base it around.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 15:02   Link #82
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Zeref uses dark magic, and Romeo uses fire magic. Not saying he could turn into Zeref, but it's not likely at this point. For this to be real, it would mean Romeo ends up back in time and is unable to die. This means he knows the future, and the Zeref on Tenroujima would know what would happen. Clearly, he doesn't.

No, my guess is that Natsu somehow ends up back in time and befriends a young Zeref. And somehow a promise is made that, if Zeref really does turn bad, that Natsu will stop him in the future.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 00:43   Link #83
asinspringrole

i just hope in the middle of the recent arc (the tournament of guilds) that lucy has her own **spotlight moment** :3
theres allready been a hint that this arc is relating to her and her power
Old 2012-04-09, 01:07   Link #84
Jellal
Anime Critic

Well, I'm going to put it this way, most of the plot consists of comedy.
Unless it consists of a characters past or future endeavors.
Thus, try not to take this anime too seriously, literally how can magic and all these power ups be explained logically?

As recently mentioned in the manga, each arc has mostly favored several unique characters.
Lucy for example will pull the rest of the cast into something "Huge" imo. Look at the phantom arc, at the time, nobody would of thought that a nooby aka lucy would provide such a pivotal role. Pretty much, having the entire guild and its master taking a hit for her sake.

Given that, I am not taking this entire tournament arc seriously, simply bec it reminds me of the last arc. Oh and natsu firing up to be S Class, we all thought he would of earned it then. 7 years later, It's quite evident FT is still OP and if it doesn't win this challenge, it's going to be quite evident to the audience that they should have. Lucy and jellal's display have gone above and beyond in my opinion.

By all means, I assume this tournament is going to get interrupted like the last.
Also, has anyone noticed that all of C's premonitions so far have centered around lucy?
Anyway, last arc pretty much accomplished 5 essential tasks.
1. Having Laxus Return
2. Provided essential FT history
3. Exemplified the strength of a dragon
4. Showed everyones current ability.
5. Lastly, introduced the main antagonist

What do you guys think this arc will include to the list?
For one, I'm definitely calling out that meredy, ultear and jellal will now be temporary FT members similiar to how ichigo is a substitute shinigami.
Since lucy is obviously the main factor, its apparent we will hear more of her mothers past - and probably more information of the "one magic" that lucy heard.

If anything, something big is definately going to go down, pretty much 90% of all the characters in the anime are present, even mavis - it's obvious Zeref is going to make a grand appearance - probably using lucy as the key to his devious plans.
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 03:32   Link #85
sergel02

^

I've been wondering this, but can someone explain to me why they believe Zeref himself is evil? The people that seem to worship him, sure, but Zeref himself? He used to be, but from what i saw in the last arc it doesn't seem so. He kept talking about repenting for his sins, about not wanting to hurt others anymore, etc. And he even killed Hades after all the bad stuff he did. A sort of justice in a sense i guess. He never seemed evil or mean or bad to me. I do think he may make an appearance here in this arc, and for some reason, i feel like it'll be Lucy that will meet him, since i don't think she really has yet.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 05:10   Link #86
Jellal
Anime Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
^

I've been wondering this, but can someone explain to me why they believe Zeref himself is evil? The people that seem to worship him, sure, but Zeref himself? He used to be, but from what i saw in the last arc it doesn't seem so. He kept talking about repenting for his sins, about not wanting to hurt others anymore, etc. And he even killed Hades after all the bad stuff he did. A sort of justice in a sense i guess. He never seemed evil or mean or bad to me. I do think he may make an appearance here in this arc, and for some reason, i feel like it'll be Lucy that will meet him, since i don't think she really has yet.
Zeref himself acts grandiose in the sense that it's "His job" to cleanse all the evil in the world.

In most cases, people assume fairly easily that the power of death = Evil.
Zeref himself said, "that this age has come to an end".

Also, you need to consider zeref has two sides.
The base and the awakened. Both could harness magic, but his awakened form shows killing intent.

Either way, it sounds as tho zeref is totally berserk and can easily be a loose cannon.
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 14:37   Link #87
sergel02

i do see the loose canon thing. Though i still don't see him as devious or anything, not yet or anything. I see him more like an antihero.
Old 2012-05-02, 13:10   Link #88
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I'm kinda expecting zeref to be the black dragon slayer or something along those lines and even possibly one of the original members of fairy tail.... tbh i only came here to see if anyone else thought romeo and zeref had a strong resemblance especially the way the think highly of natsu.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 13:33   Link #89
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I'm kinda expecting zeref to be the black dragon slayer or something along those lines and even possibly one of the original members of fairy tail.... tbh i only came here to see if anyone else thought romeo and zeref had a strong resemblance especially the way the think highly of natsu.
lol i thought i was the only thing who thought that so i didn't mention it. They do look really similar.

Now, i'm not sure if it's showcasing some sort of connection between the two, or if Mashima just like's how the characters look lol
Old 2012-06-15, 16:46   Link #90
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Let's look at what we have so far:

A prophecy that 3 DS's will end up in FT. Dragons disappearing all at the same time for some reason.

Lumen = Light

Histoire = History

History of the Light? Hades felt confident that the origin of magic was in darkness. What if FT is sitting on the last remnants of the light? That, ages ago, there was light and darkness. And mankind sought power in darkness, which ultimately became magic. This tipped the balance and diminished the light.

And somewhere along the line, a fairy and a human have a child who is Mavis.

Actually, instead of any real sort of power, I wonder if it is just a recording of the history of the light. Sometime (next arc?), Makarov will take FT people down there and show them. Zeref is a black mage, which Hades was after... again, the theme of light and darkness. Hades also being the name of the greek god of the underworld, and thus a dark name.

Anyway, this somehow all ties into the prophecy of 3 DS's being in FT. The dragons obviously disappeared for some reason, and each one trained one child in their magic, again for some reason. And this again will tie in with Zeref and the Eclipse Gate, which can only be opened by a strong Stellar Spirit Mage... of which Lucy's mother was one.

Mainly just putting down my thoughts on stuff, even if they are sorta random, but again we see the themes of light and darkness presenting themselves. Even the name "Eclipse" signals darkness covering up light, or light turning to darkness, if you will.

I am amazed at how Mashima has taken simple themes and woven them into a subtle narrative, and you slowly realize that things are coming into focus.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 17:17   Link #91
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

the dragons disappeared for the meeting with the dragon king as far as i know, but it's been very long since then i am sure something might have happened in that meet

and Zeref seems to be the black dragon slayer or similar because i guess he was the one who summoned Acnologia

apart from that there is sure to be some big and serious arcs with other characters like Jellal and Ultear
Old 2012-06-18, 04:27   Link #92
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Here some info I got from a different forum! Credit goes to xonepiece from MangaFox.

Rough Translation ( i do no take credit for it)
Lucy will kneel down in front of Zeref.
The picture says, "Follow the king's order, Lucy"
"A song to yearn, I will never meet Natsu again"
Charle will probably do negative things to Wendy.
The mysterious magic power will show up very soon.
Ultear and Meredy will both participate in the tournament at its end.
A farewell to Jellal.
There is a spy in Raven Tail who is following Captain Arcadios's orders.
Gajeel, Mira and Juvia will be on one team (perhaps in the Tag battle?) vs Raven (this has obviously changed)

Upcoming Matches:

Wendy VS. Chelia
Natsu VS. Sting
Gray VS. Rufus
Laxus VS. Orga

Other information from the picture:
Mashima said sorry to those guys who like ------ (perhaps Jellal?)
Mashima also said the story will magnificently develop in this arc.
Ofcourse Mashima could change his plans like he did with jura vs laxus

But this is not 100% set so there could be some changes...
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 10:23   Link #93
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
I have TOTALLY been speculating, ever since it was established that Arcadios is looking for Lucy, that Flare has been in league with him this whole time.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 14:40   Link #94
haegar
mangaviking

eh? the RT Zeref spy is obviously Obra the Imp, question is, is it Zeref himself, Zeref's version of a DS cat, Arkadios shapeshifted, or is "Obra" a mage serving Zeref ...

edit:
Quote:
Here some info I got from a different forum! Credit goes to xonepiece from MangaFox.
If this is a legit plotline draft like have been published/leaked before I think it is highly likely many things have changed by now. Even If Lucy kneels in front of Zeref being about to be sacrificed for Eclipse and thinking she won't see Natsu ever again that doesn't tell us squat, Natsu might be about to rage-raid the place or the spirits might save her so she makes a return later...

As for Jelly sacrficing himself in some way, maybe getting done in by Zeref, I was beginning to like him, unlike previous arcs where he just kept popping back up he's grown on me... hope Erza won't have to suffer this ...

I'm curious about Ultear and Meredy participating, might they be switched in for FT in case something happens to Wendy and Lucy gets abducted yet the tournament still continues?

anyways, bottom line, after S-class arc I was highly sceptical when mashima said himself "not sure if can handle all the characters" - but so far it is growing into a splendid arc - might make the best one so far ...

Last edited by haegar; 2012-06-18 at 14:51.
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 15:02   Link #95
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
If this is a legit plotline draft like have been published/leaked before I think it is highly likely many things have changed by now. Even If Lucy kneels in front of Zeref being about to be sacrificed for Eclipse and thinking she won't see Natsu ever again that doesn't tell us squat, Natsu might be about to rage-raid the place or the spirits might save her so she makes a return later...
It's some draft notes Mashima put at the start of volume 32. He did something similar for the previous arc. So yeah, some things changed, some other things are likely to change. And some of that translation is iffy. I don't see anything on it that suggests that Arcadios has a spy in Raven Tail, and I don't see any specific mention of Ultear or Meredy either.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 15:24   Link #96
haegar
mangaviking

Well, imho you can assume IMP is not working for RT from the chapters alone - he was tailing both Lucy and Wendy, possibly he didn't even "suck" Laxus in the fight full force or faked it thus abandoning Ivan, plus this last devious line of his when he spoke is really ominious - of course it might turn out Ivan is still a playa playa and it's all "just as planned" and the IMP is getting him and RT out - I doubt it though - the little shit has Zeref written all over his smugg evil smile ...currently I am seriously rooting for him being Zeref's "version" of a DS cat sidekick ...
Old 2012-06-18, 15:36   Link #97
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Well, imho you can assume IMP is not working for RT from the chapters alone - he was tailing both Lucy and Wendy, possibly he didn't even "suck" Laxus in the fight full force or faked it thus abandoning Ivan, plus this last devious line of his when he spoke is really ominious - of course it might turn out Ivan is still a playa playa and it's all "just as planned" and the IMP is getting him and RT out - I doubt it though - the little shit has Zeref written all over his smugg evil smile ...currently I am seriously rooting for him being Zeref's "version" of a DS cat sidekick ...
One thing to consider is that there's no real reason to keep Ivan and minions in jail for the long term. They've been ousted from the tournament for cheating, and banned from participating for three years. That's not the same thing as the guild being destroyed, it's leader arrested by the council, and it's members arrested or dispersed. Even if Arcadios holds them for a while, he'd likely have difficulty holding them long term or vanishing them, and Charle's vision says that Mercurios is doomed to ruin which would probably let them loose in the confusion even if they were still held.

So Raven Tail's theoretically still active, just humiliated.
Old 2012-06-18, 15:37   Link #98
haegar
mangaviking

hm, granted, though one would assume if RT was fully part of Arkadios/Zeref's scheme he has no interest in them being stuck there and unable to move - aversly, IF they were used like Ultear did with Jelly at the time ... he's gonna enjoy letting them stew a bit
Old 2012-06-18, 15:49   Link #99
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:

Rough Translation ( i do no take credit for it)
Lucy will kneel down in front of Zeref.
The picture says, "Follow the king's order, Lucy"
"A song to yearn, I will never meet Natsu again"
Charle will probably do negative things to Wendy.
The mysterious magic power will show up very soon.
Ultear and Meredy will both participate in the tournament at its end.
A farewell to Jellal.
Gajeel, Mira and Juvia will be on one team (perhaps in the Tag battle?) vs Raven (this has obviously changed)

Upcoming Matches:

Wendy VS. Chelia
Natsu VS. Sting
Gray VS. Rufus
Laxus VS. Orga

Other information from the picture:
Mashima said sorry to those guys who like ------ (perhaps Jellal?)
Mashima also said the story will magnificently develop in this arc.
Ofcourse Mashima could change his plans like he did with jura vs laxus

But this is not 100% set so there could be some changes...
Ah, I was just gonna put that in the manga section. Thanks Ski .
Old 2013-01-25, 15:22   Link #100
Krono

I guess I'll go ahead and post a theory here since we'll probably be getting confirmation one way or another soon.

A lot of people figure the reason that we haven't seen Future Lucy's right hand is because she lost it. I'm willing to bet that's not the case. After all, it was apparently pretty easy for Gildarts to get a replacement arm, and unless the dark presence Jellal felt at the games the past few years was someone else, Lucy's had years to get one.

I figure there's only two real possibilities:

One, a very cheap "she didn't want anyone to see her Fairy Tail guild mark, but couldn't bring herself to get ride of it either.

The second is that her right arm is now demonic. Remember the villagers of Galuna Island? They were demons in human form, but still had traits such as a demonic limb. Jellal kept feeling Zeref's magic from her. And Zeref's a wizard who to the best of our knowledge possesses magic to turn things into demons. Cursed flute? Turned into a mass killing cursed flute with a demon form. Deliora a large difficult to kill demon wandering around apparently for centuries. Hades used magic from his research into Zeref and Zeref's magic to turn a bunch of rubble into relatively powerful demonic creatures. Then Arcadios claimed that Acnologia being a demonic dragon was a result of Zeref using his power on a dragonslayer. So why not Lucy being turned into a demon as a result of Zeref's power, in an attempt to be strong enough to do something in the past?