AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-17, 13:56   Link #1901
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Was Kurapika actually remorseful when he killed Uvo in the 1999 adaptation? To be honest I only actually saw that fight up to this bit and I generally interpreted that moment as Kurpaki's pure bloodlust close to taking over his sanity which was kinda scary.

Well...even so i would've definitely liked something like that in this adaptation.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 14:01   Link #1902
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
However, it doesn't mean that authors are happy with the changes. In some cases they don't really have any right to object. Or deal with changes or forget about anime altogether.

Most authors don't care. The fans care about this stuff the most. Besides, changes can't be avoided and authors know this.

Can we move on now? This is getting pretty off-topic.
Old 2012-09-17, 14:40   Link #1903
Kit Kat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Was Kurapika actually remorseful when he killed Uvo in the 1999 adaptation? To be honest I only actually saw that fight up to this bit and I generally interpreted that moment as Kurpaki's pure bloodlust close to taking over his sanity which was kinda scary.

Well...even so i would've definitely liked something like that in this adaptation.
No, people make a big deal out of his reaction after killing him. Most of which is played the same and can be interpreted in anyway.
Kit Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 14:58   Link #1904
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkychappy View Post
wow, i read just shinobi's comparisons. no, kurapica isn't a girl in nippon animation's version. seriously. i don't even. what the hell. how can you even. i don't. what.

Spoiler for Why do I keep saying Kurapika is a girl in Nippon's adaptation:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 15:22   Link #1905
Kit Kat
Banned

^Posted by you no less
Quote:
Since there's a lack of activity, I decided to bring up the character popularity poll form around the current events:

[*]-Killua (13,728 votes) [I love his sharp edges! - He seems the strongest! - I want him as a little brother!][*]-Kurapika (13,498 votes) [What amazing resolve. - Is he a man or a woman? - I love him so much!!][*]-Gon (3,929 votes) [He's so cute! - I wish him luck!! - I want to be his friend!!][*]-Hisoka (1,846 votes) [He's so mysterious!! - Scary, but I still love him!!]
Even Togashi makes fun of Kurapica's androgynous character. And the first example is clearly reaching. Honestly you guys take this crap too seriously.
Kit Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 15:34   Link #1906
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
So the director emphasized Kurapika's femininity because he liked that aspect of his character. It doesn't mean he's a girl. The whole thing is just meta joke, nothing more.
Old 2012-09-17, 16:02   Link #1907
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit Kat View Post
Even Togashi makes fun of Kurapica's androgynous character.
Those are actually fan comments...not Togashi's.

Anyways, this debate probably won't end until people stop talking about it. Someone will always pop into the thread and say which version they liked better, and rarely does any reason adhere to some objective criteria. It's all opinion.

Like what you like. But in all honesty, aside from the comparisons, I hardly see the need for anyone to even discuss the 1999 series in this thread. Shouldn't there be a topic for it somewhere on this board?
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 16:11   Link #1908
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ghlight=hunter
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 16:41   Link #1909
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Doesn't make them right in the slightest however
Some people don't agree with you there either.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 18:01   Link #1910
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
^Posted by you no less

Even Togashi makes fun of Kurapica's androgynous character. And the first example is clearly reaching. Honestly you guys take this crap too seriously.
the point is that people keep arguing the old version kurapica is more accurate wich clearly is incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So the director emphasized Kurapika's femininity because he liked that aspect of his character. It doesn't mean he's a girl. The whole thing is just meta joke, nothing more.
but going as far as to adapt the character differently for a joke, i higly doubt it.

Certainly togashi likes androhynous characters, i readed somewhere he wanted to do a manga of crossdressing boys, and there are some cases in tis series as well, like how senritsu is confused often for a man, but potraying kurapika the way they did is crossing the line, there is this other scene shinobi didnt posted where leorio meet with kurapica while talking on the phone, that one is as cheesy as they come.
Old 2012-09-17, 19:38   Link #1911
chikkychappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 19:39   Link #1912
chikkychappy

Next thing you know, Shinobi will be claiming that in 1999, everyone thinks Kurapica is a guy but in reality "she" is just hiding "her" true gender. ZING! The logic of a 2011 fan.
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 20:13   Link #1913
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This thread is temporarily closed while it is subject to review for necessary moderator action. Thank you for your patience.
Old 2012-09-21, 13:11   Link #1914
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Okay, I am re-opening this thread.

After reviewing the situation, we decided to create a special new thread specifically for comparisons between the 1999 and 2011 anime adaptations of this franchise. Here is that thread. From this point forward, these sorts of comparisons are not allowed in this thread, and will be considered off-topic. Please use this thread only to discuss the 2011 anime itself.
Old 2012-09-21, 14:42   Link #1915
leokiko

I guess asking for a sub-forum for an unpopular series such as this would be stupid, huh?

Anyway, I loved the latest episode of HxH, specially that last scene with Uvo. Kurapika looked freaking badass when he crushed Uvo's heart. But at the same time, it felt kinda sad, because every single member of The Phantom Troupe is awesome, so it's hard to see any of them die.

I liked how dead Kurapika's eyes were when burying Uvo too. Beautifully portayed how he is after the fight without being too emo.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 14:57   Link #1916
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I loved that scene too. It's like Kurapika is aware that this quest is slowly killing him inside, but he can't stop.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 18:19   Link #1917
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Like I said before, I feel like he resigned himself to this fate a long time ago.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 20:47   Link #1918
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Like I said before, I feel like he resigned himself to this fate a long time ago.
I agree with you. He's a hunter for this one purpose.

I liked Uvo's dead face as it was getting covered with dirt.
Old 2012-09-22, 10:35   Link #1919
Hamster

Dammit Rider not again!
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 23:36   Link #1920
Clarste
Human

Episode 48: Well, that was abbreviated. I guess I can see why they chose to do that, but I think it kind of hurts the flow. Also, it makes much less sense.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen