AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-20, 06:24   Link #11521
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Did anyone ever expect it to end another way? The person who monologues most always fails their plan. It feels exactly like an Unspoken Plan Guarantee, as a website you refuse to name calls it.
I tstill sort feels like an asspull to me, Kumagawa is a troll.
Old 2012-12-20, 07:47   Link #11522
kenjtr

Kumagawa become mr nice guy he is so booring now .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 16:02   Link #11523
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I thought this was a fantastic chapter, personally.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 05:37   Link #11524
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
at least it's not last...... ;_;

wasn't this the KumaxAjimu? I just don't know what to think anymore~~~
The ship has sailed, no matter what they do they won't get back out of this hole. Look @ the popularity poll losing 3k voters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about it being in the lower 5. Placement in SJ doesn't mean too much remember TLR was in the back half for years and it never was in danger
TLR was an exception, most talk points to it being last because it was handed in late most of the time, that does affect TOC placement. TLR ending had nothing to with TOC ratings and everything to do with the artists personal life. To quote someone from gaf... "ToLoveRu Darkness was the spinoff-cum-sequel of the original manga, deviously born out of both shamelessness and rage, the product of a maddened cuckold furious at having drawn 2-D panties for a living even as another man lowered those of his wife".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valid View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about its toc placements although from what I remember I TLR sells a lot more than Medaka Box does.
Yes it sold a lot more, but so did Shaman King and Mago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
^Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying or there's something I don't know, but every source I have says Nura is still running in Shonen Jump.
It got canned while clearly being nowhere near the finish line, Shueisha are just letting the mangaka get a somewhat decent ending by being able to put chapters in JUMP NEXT which is a seasonally release. (Every 3 months).
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 15:12   Link #11525
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Who cares about this popularity thing

Just enjoys the manga.
Old 2012-12-21, 15:18   Link #11526
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Who cares about this popularity thing
Westlo.

Do you by chance see anyone else who cares about something we already had seen at the earlier stages of this series?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 17:12   Link #11527
Sarun

I am interested in this popularity debate.

To those interested, where do you point the popularity peak of the series?

I think volume 14 sold lower than volume 13 (Or that it didn't show increase in Top 50 ranking). And that did cover the arc after treasure hunt arc. I think rather than votes for popularity poll (which might show how much active interest in the series), we should check the volume sales.

In terms of TOC, were the series ever threatened to rise above being a in midtable. Though right now, it seems to be Bottom dweller.

Last edited by Sarun; 2012-12-21 at 18:11.
Sarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 20:37   Link #11528
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Westlo.

Do you by chance see anyone else who cares about something we already had seen at the earlier stages of this series?
I assume it's a "correlation" between lack of enjoyment with the declining popularity of the series?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 01:04   Link #11529
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarun View Post
i think rather than votes for popularity poll (which might show how much active interest in the series), we should check the volume sales.
#13 125,782
#14 124,572
#15 135,574 (anime version started airing)
#16 146,867
#17 133,929
#18 137,145
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 19:05   Link #11530
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...What if Kumagawa's plan is to turn himself into a Plus?
Scary indeed. Then his hatred for pluses would turn inwards and he would go back to a minus lol.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 19:41   Link #11531
summers

Cool Epic Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Kumagawa become mr nice guy he is so booring now .
He is still interesting but my interest in him is at risk at dropping. He does his nice guy stuff in funny and scary ways, but in the end he is still being a nice guy and getting punched in the face for it,wut? It would be OK if this helped him achieve his goal of 'Winning' but its not.

This new skill he has is near useless. So he has full power all-fiction and an version that only lasts 3-minutes. So he is an immortal hear that can play jokes on people.

I have some hope, I have a theory. Please read I think its pretty good, and its shorter than 95% of the posts here anyway.

It is possible Zen is wrong in his analysis; If Kumagawa used the weakened all fiction on Zen it is likely that he came back to save Shinraui and was called back by her strong feeling rather than 'April fiction' hitting the time limit. Seriously Zens description of April fiction and weakened all fiction should let him getting the same or similar results.

If this is the case then he could have mixed unskilled with bookmaker, but that is the has similar uses as well, because bookmaker would also stop enemy from using skills. So the meat of my theory is that he stabbed her with a 'Unskilled' and later we find out that she warped unskilled by mistake. It now becomes the skill that lets him be skilled for 3 minutes.

He then combines it with his other Minus, all fiction so that all skills used against him for 3 minutes becomes nothing. Sound familiar?!
Old 2012-12-23, 19:44   Link #11532
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
I assume it's a "correlation" between lack of enjoyment with the declining popularity of the series?
Rather, it's the irruption of new series in the magazine. People tend to forget that only 3 votes are allowed.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 19:59   Link #11533
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
He is still interesting but my interest in him is at risk at dropping. He does his nice guy stuff in funny and scary ways, but in the end he is still being a nice guy and getting punched in the face for it,wut? It would be OK if this helped him achieve his goal of 'Winning' but its not.

This new skill he has is near useless. So he has full power all-fiction and an version that only lasts 3-minutes. So he is an immortal hear that can play jokes on people.

I have some hope, I have a theory. Please read I think its pretty good, and its shorter than 95% of the posts here anyway.

It is possible Zen is wrong in his analysis; If Kumagawa used the weakened all fiction on Zen it is likely that he came back to save Shinraui and was called back by her strong feeling rather than 'April fiction' hitting the time limit. Seriously Zens description of April fiction and weakened all fiction should let him getting the same or similar results.

If this is the case then he could have mixed unskilled with bookmaker, but that is the has similar uses as well, because bookmaker would also stop enemy from using skills. So the meat of my theory is that he stabbed her with a 'Unskilled' and later we find out that she warped unskilled by mistake. It now becomes the skill that lets him be skilled for 3 minutes.

He then combines it with his other Minus, all fiction so that all skills used against him for 3 minutes becomes nothing. Sound familiar?!
That 3 minute thing made me remember Midou ban from from get backers tough i liked Lightining lord ginji more
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 22:52   Link #11534
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Rather, it's the irruption of new series in the magazine. People tend to forget that only 3 votes are allowed.
Heh, was sort of referring to Westlo's view(somehow conflating elements he disliked with reasons the manga was failing).
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 00:04   Link #11535
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
That 3 minute thing made me remember Midou ban from from get backers tough i liked Lightining lord ginji more
Tell me quick, is that anime a must watch?
Old 2012-12-24, 04:22   Link #11536
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post

Your theory makes no sense. Real Eater is a precision instrument: she controls exactly what the result is down to the fine details. More to the point, she completely ignores what the original skill is. That's what makes it "disgusting". She can alter people's skills ("that is, their personalities") as she chooses with no respect for the original. So even if she hit Unskilled instead of All Fiction (or Bookmaker), she'd have changed it into exactly what she wanted it to be. There is literally 0 chance of it accidentally turning into a buff for Kumagawa. Not to mention that Kumagawa's fate would never allow that to happen either.

Also, this is more of a personal thing, but I feel like your whole mindset is pretty disrespectful towards Kumagawa. He wants to win with the cards he's dealt. If all he wanted was to win by any means, he'd have been satisfied with Ajimu letting him win the middle school student council election. Or even just redefined his own victory conditions to accept one of the many times he's brutally beaten someone down. Getting a new almighty skill wouldn't change a single thing for him. Heck, All Fiction is already almighty, and your proposal would essentially have no effect whatsoever.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 11:47   Link #11537
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Your theory makes no sense. Real Eater is a precision instrument: she controls exactly what the result is down to the fine details. More to the point, she completely ignores what the original skill is. That's what makes it "disgusting". She can alter people's skills ("that is, their personalities") as she chooses with no respect for the original. So even if she hit Unskilled instead of All Fiction (or Bookmaker), she'd have changed it into exactly what she wanted it to be. There is literally 0 chance of it accidentally turning into a buff for Kumagawa. Not to mention that Kumagawa's fate would never allow that to happen either.

Also, this is more of a personal thing, but I feel like your whole mindset is pretty disrespectful towards Kumagawa. He wants to win with the cards he's dealt. If all he wanted was to win by any means, he'd have been satisfied with Ajimu letting him win the middle school student council election. Or even just redefined his own victory conditions to accept one of the many times he's brutally beaten someone down. Getting a new almighty skill wouldn't change a single thing for him. Heck, All Fiction is already almighty, and your proposal would essentially have no effect whatsoever.
All Fiction is mighty but Kumagawa isn't, even with that skill Kumagawa cannot win but he cannot lose either. Kumagawa cannot 'win' no matter how hard he tries but he still trying to 'win' and screw over his 'fate'. I would say that Kumagawa did have some victories in the past but he doesn't notice because of his defeatist mindset. Kumagawa seeks to defy the 'fate' that has been given to him, he wants to win despite his 'fate' as the final boss in some manga. Until Kumagawa changes his mindset, I am not sure if he will beat his 'fate'.
Old 2012-12-25, 07:57   Link #11538
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarun View Post
]In terms of TOC, were the series ever threatened to rise above being a in midtable. Though right now, it seems to be Bottom dweller.
Treasure Hunt arc it was.... it was actually smashing Kuroko in the rankings... and now look at them lol... Kuroko Top 5 constantly, 600k manga seller, 20k selling anime vs MB Bottom 5 Period, 130k seller, flop anime.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=4265

Was funny to see Zen fans act like the last half of the Ajimu arc where Zen took center stage which tanked the ratings, was normal.

Basically...

Box Arcs + Unzen - Bottom 5
Flask Plan - Bottom 5 with a few chapters doing well (Kei vs Zen was 6th IIRC)
Minus Arc - Mostly bottom 5 but than started to be above bottom 5 as well as getting a lot of high placements... think it got 6th like 3 times in row @ one stage.
Treasure Hunt - See above
Ajimu - Like a reverse Minus Arc
Jet Black - L O L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
#13 125,782
#14 124,572
#15 135,574 (anime version started airing)
#16 146,867
#17 133,929
#18 137,145
And this is what will end up killing the manga along with the Bottom 5 TOC rankings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
All Fiction is mighty but Kumagawa isn't, even with that skill Kumagawa cannot win but he cannot lose either.
So how did he not win here?

Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 11:54   Link #11539
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

So how did he not win here?

Good Point. Kumagawa is a liar so his losing streak may be false.
Old 2012-12-25, 13:13   Link #11540
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

wow..I forgot how brutal kumabawa can be..he literally crucified them..
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council