AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-21, 03:34   Link #4181
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

There is a whole series of booklets that goes into detail on various aspects of the Nanoha world, but only a few of them have been translated.

The issue of why mages have Linker Cores (or even if only mages have Linker Cores) has always been vague.
Old 2012-12-21, 03:39   Link #4182
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Do magical-supported weaponry for non-mages exist in the Nanohaverse?

I ask this because there's some non-mages in the military like General Regiuz gaiz, he had to serve as a soldier in order to get to a position of command like General of the Ground Forces ...so if he isn't a mage what was his role on the battlefield? Communications officer perhaps o_o?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-21, 04:56   Link #4183
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Unknown. However we do know there are devices that incorporate both magic and live ammo.
Old 2012-12-21, 10:47   Link #4184
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yes but that is another thing. Is live-ammo weapons open to the public? And how does it affects a mage? I mean most assume a Barrier Jacket can block bullets but I am not that sure and since we never see it happening it makes me wonder. Also what makes some people mage and some other no even in Mid-Childa, the magic world. What kind of work a regular mage can get that isn’t TSAB related? I mean beyond Yunno’s work or being a body guard, how does magic fits this society when they seem to have technology for everything. At one point they mention that the company that made the AEC weapons is leader on magic for domestic use, what that means?

That I would like to see. Instead I once read that the reason they don’t allow mages to fly on cities is to avoid collisions with aircrafts… I am not even going to say what I think about it but is rather odd.
Old 2012-12-21, 12:56   Link #4185
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Keroko is right, live-ammo can be used by TSAB members but it requres strict supervision and special permission in order to use it. So far the only example is Runessa Magnus, Teana's assistant during the events of the SSX sound stage. Her device "Silver Dagger" doubled as a gun with real bullets xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-21, 16:33   Link #4186
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yes but I mean how that works on a world were some people can blow a city if they put their mind on it
Old 2012-12-21, 18:43   Link #4187
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You've just found the reason why powerful mages get preferential treatment in the TSAB. Got to make that offer to join sound as enticing as possible for the people with building-busting power.

And that's... pretty much the only answer we have to how they manage them, really. Invite them into the TSAB. We know there's no such thing as required limiters for civilians, as the girls in Vivid are quite powerful in their own right yet have no limitations to speak of.
Old 2012-12-21, 19:40   Link #4188
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well so far we haven't see a single case were a mage just say "no" when they ask to join. And it will be nice to see more of the magic world than just the TSAB. And I mean in detail, since we don't know what kids learn on the school or if mages and muggles (To use a word for it) go to the same type of schools and again, why some are mages and other aren't? Really you need to ask yourself what if at times
Old 2012-12-21, 20:35   Link #4189
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Well so far we haven't see a single case were a mage just say "no" when they ask to join.
Who wouldn't?
Old 2012-12-21, 20:57   Link #4190
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Considering Nanoha has her own house, and has enough money stashed away to take quite a bit of time off work to raise Vivio (as of Vivid), I'd gather mages can easily live very comfortable lives. If that's what the TSAB offered me, I'd be hard-pressed to turn it down.

Edit: Then there are mages like the Yagami family and Fate, who took probation and enlistment as a way to pay for their crimes. "Work for us and we won't throw your ass in jail for years" is a pretty good deal, too. The US could learn something from this.
Old 2012-12-21, 21:24   Link #4191
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Not really, on real life backstabing for such deals will not be that rare. And to be fair we haven't see how mages do it outside the TSAB or if they can even do well. We could take a look because when we have no single point of reference we can't say they are at the best on the TSAB
Old 2012-12-21, 23:28   Link #4192
Kaijo
Banned

This is true, we don't see how mages outside of the TSAB fair... but that wasn't my point. My point was that the Bureau's terms are damn good, and something I (and I suspect many others) would gladly take. A high rank, plenty of money, plenty of time off, tons of benefits... you're basically made for life.
Old 2012-12-21, 23:38   Link #4193
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yes, but that isn't my point. I don't care about how the TSAB is, I want to see how the rest is. I know the TSAB, so I am cool with it. So is not a matter of what is better? But more of, what else do I have to chose?
Old 2012-12-22, 00:10   Link #4194
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
This is true, we don't see how mages outside of the TSAB fair... but that wasn't my point. My point was that the Bureau's terms are damn good, and something I (and I suspect many others) would gladly take. A high rank, plenty of money, plenty of time off, tons of benefits... you're basically made for life.
...in exchange to allow them to throw you against whatever galactic threat they could find your abilities usefull to fight. It's kind like the mafia in that sense, plenty of money, luxuries and privileges but at the cost of constantly risking your life ...only those who are really good at their job will live long enough to enjoy the full benefits xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-22, 00:46   Link #4195
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
...in exchange to allow them to throw you against whatever galactic threat they could find your abilities usefull to fight. It's kind like the mafia in that sense, plenty of money, luxuries and privileges but at the cost of constantly risking your life ...only those who are really good at their job will live long enough to enjoy the full benefits xDU
While those may come up, I'd hazard a guess to say it doesn't exactly happen every day. Sure, S1 and A's happened within a short time frame of each other, but only concerned a very small part of the Bureau. In the ten years since, there wasn't anything major. And it took until 6 years after StrikerS, for something semi-major to come up. And even then, it's not like everyone in the Bureau is involved.

True, we don't see everything that happens in the Bureau; but you can bet that if it is a "galactic threat" that our heroes would be at the forefront, and thus we'd hear about it.

So, I actually like my odds of avoiding anything too hazardous. Although there is the ever present danger of me most likely being a red shirt...
Old 2012-12-22, 03:37   Link #4196
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
A valid point has been raised on the Nanoha wiki: Why is Ixpellia's name romanized with "p" when the kana in it (イクスヴェリア) use "ヴェ" ("ve") to spell "Ikusuveria"?
Old 2012-12-24, 13:30   Link #4197
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Because it look better that way?

I never think it could be wrong but some of the other names look better when they take a few liberties with the romanization
Old 2012-12-30, 08:37   Link #4198
BeastsLair's Fraggle

Is there a comprehensive list of all the jewel seeds that appeared in the Jewel Seed incident, and where/ by who they were found?
Old 2012-12-30, 09:42   Link #4199
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsLair's Fraggle View Post
Is there a comprehensive list of all the jewel seeds that appeared in the Jewel Seed incident, and where/ by who they were found?
None that I know of, but if you find one, let me know. I'd love to post it on the wiki.
Old 2012-12-30, 11:38   Link #4200
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well, they are just 21 but later Jail made more so I don't know if those ones count