Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-16, 21:09   Link #621
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Toei needs to abandon the All Stars movies like they're now. They're not good (DX1 was, and DX3 mostly for its "slugfest"-like nature). THey should take the Sentai / Kamen Rider regarding crossover movies.

Why haven't they done that in the first place? I just don't see the benefit of having a gigantic crossover movie every year since it's going to get crowded very fast. What was going in Toei's heads when they thought up of these All Star movies?
Old 2013-07-16, 23:07   Link #622
xizro345
King's Justice

It's more like a 70 minutes movie can't really work with such a gigantic cast (see also the case for Super Hero Taisen), also it may disappoint some that certain Cures for budget reasons don't talk at all (and I am one of those).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 02:07   Link #623
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Toei needs to abandon the All Stars movies like they're now. They're not good (DX1 was, and DX3 mostly for its "slugfest"-like nature). THey should take the Sentai / Kamen Rider regarding crossover movies.
Agreed. I'm not interested in the PreCure Generation Groupie movies for reasons of overcrowding and bringing up excuses from TOEI to paste and cram together all Pretty Cures from previous seasons and summing up the PreCure of the new season airing; repetitive, overclichéd, senseless story. I'm sorry, but that's the way I see those movies.

They should just stick with successive generational movies like the above example cited about the Sentai/ Kamen Rider generation crossover films.

Showing up only the PreCure group from the immediate previous generation meeting up with the PreCure of the current generation.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 20:36   Link #624
ShiroiRyu

The transformation of cure Ace was really awesome. O_o
Didn't thought that would be this good.
Old 2013-07-17, 23:40   Link #625
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Agreed. I'm not interested in the PreCure Generation Groupie movies for reasons of overcrowding and bringing up excuses from TOEI to paste and cram together all Pretty Cures from previous seasons and summing up the PreCure of the new season airing; repetitive, overclichéd, senseless story. I'm sorry, but that's the way I see those movies.
The issue I have with the New Stage ones, aside all that have been said, it's that actually the Cures don't appear for a while in the movie, and one has to wonder why they're calling it All Stars if even the supposed main characters don't appear until halfway...
Old 2013-07-20, 19:03   Link #626
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Next episode preview, wow. Just WOW! This gonna be good!
Also, good episode. Young Alice is so cute and Sabastian is so moe!
Old 2013-07-20, 19:09   Link #627
Witched

Spoiler for Next Week's Episode:

Spoiler for Concerning this week's episode:
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 19:44   Link #628
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Also, the guy in charge of the next episode is the one who did this episode of Smile. I think it'll be good

I translated the preview here
Spoiler for spoil:

Last edited by Hiroshi Amearai; 2013-07-20 at 20:16.
Hiroshi Amearai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 14:41   Link #629
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Spoiler for Concerning this week's episode:
Agreed, I really liked a lot of the humor in this episode, all of it felt spot on, yet despite the fact that this was supposed to be an Alice-centric episode it ended up not really focusing that much on her at all. :\

Last edited by wandering-dreamer; 2013-07-23 at 13:30.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 15:13   Link #630
ShiroiRyu

Wow liked this episode and a lot ...
And the preview seem pretty good too.
Old 2013-07-24, 04:13   Link #631
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Next episodes summary:
Spoiler for Episodes:

Also, anyone watched the new stage 2 movie?
Old 2013-07-24, 15:58   Link #632
xizro345
King's Justice

I did see the new stage 2 movie, and I posted comments earlier in the thread. I think it's horrible.
Old 2013-07-24, 16:06   Link #633
elior

after i was read the sumerry of this new episode titles wow episode 29 is the one i waiting the most
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 19:00   Link #634
Witched

Spoiler for This week's Episode:
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 21:17   Link #635
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

I thought this week's episode was quite fantastic. Last week's power up episode was probably the weakest of the four.
Old 2013-07-29, 07:59   Link #636
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Episode 26:

Spoiler:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 12:27   Link #637
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 23. Take Back the Love! The Precure's Five Oaths!

It's been four weeks since I last posted in this thread, and seems the activity has drastically slowed down; I guess Doki Doki has jumped the shark with most of its potential for a while.

To tell you all the truth, I am very displeased with Cure Ace as a character; I do have my reasons.

The other Cures need not to be lectured about what's most important to protect and to protect about love. Sure, I guess her character is designed for the time being to be like sort of a teacher, guide, and onee-sama to the other cures.

However, the four other girls are pretty smart and conscious about their own feelings to reach that conclusion themselves. I felt her lectures were like patronizing and treating the other girls like kids.

And, what's with her get up with that lipstick and cosmetics to make her look grown-up? Please!

And, her lines are lame in absolute!

All in all, the episode pull through, because I truly felt sorry for Mana's loss and brief depression, and I did want her to cheer up and recover her smile, and that's what she did before the climax.

Also, this episode showed that Mana without PreCure powers she can still kick butt.
Old 2013-07-30, 12:31   Link #638
ShiroiRyu

That was pretty damn goode.
I'm always ok for shipping ...
And i was served !
Old 2013-08-02, 21:13   Link #639
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 24. What a Shock! MakoPi Announces Her Retirement from Being an Idol!

Like some of you out there, I feel this very annoyance and nuisance of built-up feelings.

I will keep myself civil but giving myself the only chance to let it out my contempt, and this will be the last time you'll hear me complaint in this thread. After that, I'll be living and let live as the song says.

-------

Officially, Cure Ace has done critical damage to this season for me.

If the girls have found themselves stuck in a painful milestone or in the abyss of depression, I believe the best route would have for them to test their love and courage by themselves, learning from their experiences and able to grow futher through support from their friends and loved ones.

What I don't understand from the writers the need to introduce a character like Cure Ace?
- You may try reasoning on me to justify her pressence, but that's not going to convince me.

I only speak for myself to say that she's preachy, bossy, an annoyance, a pure-HAXX DEUS-EX MACHINA embodiment, and with an overkill of ridiculous power levels. In addition, she says the lamest and corniest lines ever I listen to.

I prefer the girls learning more about love and realizing by themselves what's missing in them, then being told to by Cure Ace.

This episode dealing with Makoto on-screen was fine for me; her doubts understandable why she wouldn't want to sing anymore. And, I felt more the urge to cheer for Makoto with Mana.
Old 2013-08-03, 19:25   Link #640
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

So Cure Ace's weakness is....
Spoiler for Weakness:

I knew it!
Nice episode, I like cure Ace more than before now.
Also, OP change, new Eyecatch, new ED

Tags
action, magical girl