AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-23, 00:52   Link #1921
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Episode 48: Well, that was abbreviated. I guess I can see why they chose to do that, but I think it kind of hurts the flow. Also, it makes much less sense.
Much, much, much less sense.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 01:40   Link #1922
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Interesting to note that Masami Kikuchi, who plays Zepile here, played Wing in the 1999 version.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 02:27   Link #1923
leokiko

I disagree. The most important part of all of this was kept. The analysis on Gon's character and the last "trick" Zepile taught them.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 02:34   Link #1924
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

When Gon tells Zepile “You live in an incredible world!” that sums up the feeling of watching the series every time it opens up another one of those worlds to the viewer.

Of course it’s not just that Togashi throws these concepts at us, but that he does so in fully realized form – as if the complete story behind them had already been written and he was just getting around to sharing it. Salieri supposedly said of Mozart that rather than writing symphonies, they were already completed in his mind before he ever started the notation – as if he were “taking dictation from God”. When I see Gon and Killua enter a new phase of their story that’s incredibly rich in detail and color, it doesn’t feel as it Togashi threw it together to use in his story – it feels as if all this wonderful background already existed, and was just waiting for the right moment to be used.
Old 2012-09-23, 02:39   Link #1925
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i forgot that analysis zepir does on gon in this part, its quite important how he remarks it, though it could be abbreciated into charisma, and i have to say that the BGM did actually bothered me in this episode, they should really just drop some of those tunes, anyway from next ep onwards things are gonna pick up.
Old 2012-09-23, 03:10   Link #1926
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

You know, as much as I love the epic episodes – no series does them as well as H x H – what I really love about this show is that it can make this episode every bit as entertaining. So from my POV if you're going to complain that this ep was too slow, or “setup” or filler, you’re really missing out on what makes Togashi such a preposterously great writer. I’ll take as many of these intellectual-psychological diversions as he cares to give up – they’re totally unique and capture the magic of H x H every bit as well as the more flashy battle episodes. They're two sides of the same coin, and equally indispensable to what makes H x H what it is.
Old 2012-09-23, 04:14   Link #1927
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Wow, they shortened this arc a fair bit. I mean, nothing truly important was skipped here, but still I kind of feel like I'm missing something. The bald guy randomly appearing from the back room really was random. I guess they wanted to skip straight towards Gon and Killua's hunt for the spiders.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 04:18   Link #1928
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I actually enjoy these type of slow pace episodes, usually more so, when the series is complete. H x H has that great 1990's vibe, that new anime today, has dropped.

Totally forgotten poor Zepile. It's been a long time...
Old 2012-09-23, 09:38   Link #1929
ookamigirl

Looks like Leorio needs to spend more time learning Nen.
Gon & Killua playing traders was kinda interesting to watch.
It was a nice change.
Zepile was very suspicious to me.
Maybe his looks are deceiving...

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 14:43   Link #1930
Gooral
Banned

ep. 48

The episode wasn't that bad assuming someone prefers your average shounen rather than something of Hunter x Hunter class. Because of the changes MH has made Hunter x Hunter seems to be your above average fighting shounen (but still a fighting shounen that does not differ that much from *write-here-a-random-fighting-shounen-title*). Hunter exam has been stripped of non-combat stuff significantly (because who cares about characters having to actually use their brains, let's see explosions and colourful sparkles instead) and now they've rushed through "Zepile arc".

Anyway, the story felt rushed and jagged, i.e. first they were talking about capturing Ryoudan and raising their money that way and then it seemed that they forgot all about it and talked about GI and auctioning items instead. It wasn't hard to get to the right conclusion but it wasn't the best way to convey these bits of information.

Also, why would the bald guy be needed to explain things? If they wanted to do this this way then why even include him (after all, the shopkeeper didn't need this dude to tell that first item is worth 150k and second 300k)? And why would Gon and Killua even listen to this guy? He was after all trying to devalue their item so they had nothing to gain by listening to him and a lot of money to lose in fact. Most of all, why didn't they just open the statue and be done with it? After all, the risk they would take was minimal (you could say that shopkeeper evaluated it for 50k Jenny) so...
Since they did open it, what was even the point of this whole conversation in the first place? Really bad execution on MH part, as always when they try to add their own ideas.

And don't get me started on the scene with Ben's knife since it was even worse... There were tons of things which made it stupid but mentioning in the presence of the shopkeeper that it's a rare item was probably the stupidest of them all.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 15:42   Link #1931
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
This message has been deleted by monir. Reason: Use the other thread for any comparison between 2011 and 1999
I have to protest against this. I never compared this episode with the 1999 anime, i said Madhouse changed and skipped things from the manga. The deletion was completely uncalled for.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 15:58   Link #1932
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice they'll finally get a chance at the spiders next week. I still can't believe Gon just pawned off his license, won't he need that?
Old 2012-09-23, 16:13   Link #1933
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Nice they'll finally get a chance at the spiders next week. I still can't believe Gon just pawned off his license, won't he need that?
He was fully confident he'd earn enough to buy it back, and seemingly with good reason.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:27   Link #1934
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Pawning something means you can get it back if you pay back the money you were loaned + interest in a certain amount of time.

If that treasure sells well he'll have enough to get it back.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 21:41   Link #1935
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
Pawning something means you can get it back if you pay back the money you were loaned + interest in a certain amount of time.

If that treasure sells well he'll have enough to get it back.
Presumably he's also betting on catching one of the Spiders.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 23:14   Link #1936
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's only a hundred million - he had to pretty confident he could make that back playing the auction without even having to rely on catching a Spider.
Old 2012-09-24, 03:53   Link #1937
SinsI

I'm really sad they skipped Leorio seriously bargaining over a difference of a mere 200 Jenny... One of the better sources of humor in the manga. No love for him from the animators...
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 16:53   Link #1938
Regaldo

Hello!

New to the forum so nice to meet you all.

As for the episode i very much enjoyed it. The shortening of the scenes may have bothered people but at least this episode got the points across. It was still fun to watch.
Regaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 15:31   Link #1939
SHINOBI-03

REMINDER: The new HxH anime will be 1 year old as of next Tuesday.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 08:59   Link #1940
HandofFate

Thought the way they did ep48 was pretty clever.
To be honest that whole going back and forth with the ways of counterfeiting, going to a separate location wasn't needed. Nor was the little more explanation of yet another auction type that doesn't mater at all to the whole focus of the story.

Tags
action, shounen