AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-29, 01:34   Link #781
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

At first its about politics of Okinawa, but now they really notched up the xenophobia. I dunno, but more and more I'm liking Ao because of what its trying to say under the surface rather than the meat of the show itself.

Sadly not much else to say, as it's obvious this is just the first half of a two-episode set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for Nyantype scan:
What, no short shorts? I smell an impostor. Not that I mind, as IMO she looks better with a skirt anyway.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 03:02   Link #782
MasterVampire

So im guessing this really is some alternate universe / world / timeline since we saw Eureka falling out of the sky like that :S
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 10:31   Link #783
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm a bit surprised by the mixed reactions episode 3 is getting. I thought episode 3 was just as excellent as the first two. The part revolving around the island's geopolitical situation and the ostracism of Eureka and Ao were particularly good. I enjoyed seeing the youngins rebel against their parents' stupid and unfair behavior as well. I'm liking "Gazelle" more and more.

The only scenes I didn't enjoy much were the ones involving Genereation Bleu. Only teens can pilot IFOs? Not this shit again...
Yeah I was kind of surprised and pretty disappointed to hear that they are apparently going this route now, which pretty much means no awesome support pilot characters like Holland, Ray and Charles. It's one thing to have the whole kid pilots the main unit thing, but for that to be the rule for all of them....pretty weak, a little too Evangelion, and too damn restricting just for the sake of what comes across as a wish fulfillment trope. I really just can't think of any good that can come out of working this trope into the Eureka Seven universe now and it seems like the sort of thing that's there only so they can have a reason to want to recruit Ao as much as they do and so that we have to have pilots like Elena Peoples (not doing the show any favors right now) in the show.

Also a little concerned about the whole racism/nationalism angle, because it can be played right or wrong very easily depending on the writer. Shows like G Gundam IMO handled it well by playing it purely for laughs and featuring very little in the way of mean-spiritedness so much as well known national stereotypes (also the bromance between some of the different nations fighters is a big part of the show) that the characters often rose above anyway, while other shows like pretty much anything Hiroyuki Yoshino has written can play it at a really crass angle where everyone but the Japanese are maniacal evil super villains.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 12:15   Link #784
pinoscotto

in the original E7 all the candidates to be TheEnd's pilot were girls around Eureka age (i don't remember any explanation), maybe in AO is the same
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 13:11   Link #785
RiderLeangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
in the original E7 all the candidates to be TheEnd's pilot were girls around Eureka age (i don't remember any explanation), maybe in AO is the same
While that was the case, that wasn't the rule for LFOs, they were just trying to create a girl like Eureka, but adults could still pilot LFOs and KLFs, not just for teens like IFOs.
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 13:52   Link #786
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderLeangle View Post
While that was the case, that wasn't the rule for LFOs, they were just trying to create a girl like Eureka, but adults could still pilot LFOs and KLFs, not just for teens like IFOs.
It appears that IFOs are Teens only, but they seem to have a LFO-style mecha that isn't. IFOs apparently are a bit more than "just machines", which is probably some neuro-interface explanation.

So, yeah, there's a little NGE-style of "only kids can pilot the super awesome ones", but it looks like there will still be at least advanced, multi-role fighters that the military has. Against a normal army, it would make more sense to stay with that style of weaponry.

Also, it seems like we won't be getting much like Eureka 7 combat, at least not in the same way. We're going to see a lot less close combat and more guns. Since riding Trapars is a tad harder, as there is a lower amount of them.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 14:46   Link #787
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderLeangle View Post
we can suppose that IFO are based on the original nirvash (and mark I was the first of them)
let's see if it's just a matter of being very young or these girls had some treatment like those "anemones"
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 21:09   Link #788
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Stalker points looking good. We might have a hit on our hands.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 22:10   Link #789
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Eureka Seven AO. First Thoughts

Finally, after 5 1/2 years since I came to watch and conclud Eureka Seven I got to start the sequel.

With just the first time around I couldn't get all the details in the first episode.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 23:51   Link #790
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Stalker points looking good. We might have a hit on our hands.
Stalker points?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 23:53   Link #791
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Stalker points?
Someone could give you a better idea of the mechanics of the system than me, I'm sure. Basically a way to gauge potential BD sales on Amazon via pre-order interest.
Old 2012-04-30, 00:21   Link #792
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Someone could give you a better idea of the mechanics of the system than me, I'm sure. Basically a way to gauge potential BD sales on Amazon via pre-order interest.
You're referring to this?

http://www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/index_news.cgi

According to this it seems like AO looks to be the best selling show of the season. Not sure how accurate this system would be though.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 02:21   Link #793
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It tends to be accurate - not infallible by any means. The key for E7 isn't only that it's ranking well, but has climbed very rapidly in the last week. I think there was a lot of initial reluctance based on widespread mewling about her terrible the show was going to be, and then when the first three episodes proved stellar, the bandwagon began to roll. If the show takes a dive in quality the stalker numbers likely would too.

If this thing does as well as it looks like it could, I'd expect a sequel to bring it in line with E7's 4-cour total. Maybe with a six-month to one year break.
Old 2012-04-30, 07:54   Link #794
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I didn't watch the first Eureka seven , just saw it in SRT.
But i like this one so far. They added guns on Nirvash woot.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 08:20   Link #795
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Finally, after 5 1/2 years since I came to watch and conclud Eureka Seven I got to start the sequel.

With just the first time around I couldn't get all the details in the first episode.

Spoiler:
Actually Okinawan SDF, the Chinese, and the Americans.

Eureka is pretty important that everybody wanted a piece of her. (Americans, Chinese and probably the French) Which is probably why she hid a three to four years in Okinawa to protect her son.

It seems to me Okinawa did not become independent until 10 years ago. After the first Scub coral on Okinawa. I venture to guess Nirvash came to the rescue. Which makes me think it was Renton given the colors.

From what we know the bracelet which is the equivalent of the Amita drive was separated from Eureka. And the Japanese somehow got possession of the Nirvash.

So the question is where is Eureka and Renton?

My guess is that they came to this world to save the Humans from the same experience their civilization did in Eureka 7. But some got greedy and hostile turning on them. Which is probably why IFO don't respond to adults.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 14:19   Link #796
RiderLeangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 01:08   Link #797
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

FUNimation's section for the series went up, and they're listing that the series is 24 episodes long. Was this mentioned before?
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 01:44   Link #798
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
FUNimation's section for the series went up, and they're listing that the series is 24 episodes long. Was this mentioned before?
That's been known for a while, yes.
Old 2012-05-01, 13:40   Link #799
Xagzan

Finally got to watch the third episode, and yeah, I'm thinking now this surely has to be a different world that the (possibly) original Eureka fell into. It would sure explain why this world looks and feels nothing like the original E7 planet; it's just heartbreaking though that Eureka and Renton couldn't keep their happy ending after the first show.

Hoping they can fix that by the end of this show.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 20:37   Link #800
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

I don't know if this show if after the movie or not... Perhaps we will see Eureka by episode 10 and she will explain to us what happened?
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen