AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 36 33.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 43.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 18.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-15, 13:53   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep11:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-15, 14:17   Link #22
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep11:
Spoiler for above:
Old 2008-03-15, 14:26   Link #23
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Spoiler for above:
True that! No more dragging please, especially to the last episode. It would be nice of the last episode was light hearted and a happy moment! I hate ending where it just ends good and really doesn't show how things will go afterwards....
Old 2008-03-15, 14:27   Link #24
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep11:
I'm worried about the chicken also, but that chicken proved time and time again that it's a coward. Perhaps, Noe is trying to emulate those mother-birds in the discovery channel that push off hatch lings off the nest to provide enough incentive to fly. I think it's worth the risk if it means the chicken will shed its cowardice and start flying. The alternate is to drown... *bawk awk bawk bawk bawk, bawk awk*

Fly Shinchiro.. you can do it.
Old 2008-03-15, 14:31   Link #25
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Nice end!
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-15, 14:34   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Another wonderful episode, leaving us emotionally twisting in the wind. Saikou!

Shin is really trying to do things right, but it's not easy. He and Hiromi are advancing their relationship, but he realizes that he loves Noe, too -- or at least that he likes her and owes her a lot. As usual, I don't blame him. Real life is not as simple as fiction. Oh, wait, this is fiction. It's good fiction, then.

At this point, I just can't be sure how things are going to end: the picture book is in play. We have reached the point prophesied in ep1, and the writers could take this any direction they choose. Although ShinxHiromi is still most likely, I think.

What I'm afraid of is Noe throwing herself off the breakwater. I don't really care about the chicken.

I loved how Shin's mother had settled down and was herself again -- the self we hadn't seen before in this show, happy and hard-working.

This episode was written and storyboarded by the director, Nishimura Junji. And animation was by the Korean crew. The episode was even directed by a Korean. I don't know how his name 許 琮 would be pronounced in Korean. Can anyone tell me?

After watching Clannad 21, I think true tears has the best animation going this week.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-03-15, 14:34   Link #27
littlekitty

Wow, it's episode 11 already and I still have no idea who Shin will choose in the end! Talk about going back and fourth between the girls...
Still, this is good stuff.
Old 2008-03-15, 14:44   Link #28
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

Shin is really trying to things right, but it's not easy. He and Hiromi are advancing their relationship, but he realizes that he loves Noe, too -- or at least that he likes her and owes her a lot. At this point, I just can't be sure how things are going to end: the picture book is in play. We have reached the point prophesied in ep1, and the writers could take this any direction they choose. Although ShinxHiromi is still most likely, I think.

What I'm afraid of is Noe throwing herself off the breakwater. I don't really care about the chicken.

I loved how Shin's mother had settled down and was herself again -- the self we hadn't seen before in this show, happy and hard-working.

This episode was written and storyboarded by the director, Nishimura Junji. And animation was by the Korean crew. The episode was even directed by a Korean. I don't know how his name 許 琮 would be pronounced in Korean. Can anyone tell me?

After watching Clannad 21, I think true tears has the best animation going this week.
I think Shin realizes what he has done wrong. In episode 10 he says "Hiromi will soon move out. In the end, there was nothing I could do. Not only that, but I got others involved and did nothing but hurt them".

So I think he realized that he was hurting not only Hiromi, but also Noe, Aiko, and Nobuse by being indecisive. He took a step at the end of that episode towards acting on what he wanted. I think the following episodes after episode 10 will each show some progress towards rectifying the problems that his prior indecisiveness caused. We saw some of that in episode 11 but we have 2 more episodes to resolve everything.
Old 2008-03-15, 14:49   Link #29
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

Shin is really trying to do things right, but it's not easy. He and Hiromi are advancing their relationship, but he realizes that he loves Noe, too -- or at least that he likes her and owes her a lot. As usual, I don't blame him. Real life is not as simple as fiction. Oh, wait, this is fiction. It's good fiction, then.

At this point, I just can't be sure how things are going to end: the picture book is in play. We have reached the point prophesied in ep1, and the writers could take this any direction they choose. Although ShinxHiromi is still most likely, I think.

Yeah I agree with you; it definitely seems like this is a continuation of Shin doing what he said he'd do at the end of ep 10.

We knew that 11-13 would be about him "doing it properly" and tying up loose ends and whatnot, which means Noe-centric episodes.

I'm not surprised that Hiromi misunderstands the picture book, it seemed early on like she would naturally from the subject matter.

One final thing, I like Nobuse as much as any other poster, but Shin has always been between a rock and a hard place in his relationships with Noe and Hiromi; let's at least admit that he has the far harder situation to resolve, since Nobuse's relationship with Ai was just an unrequited love and was nowhere near as entangled... as this triangle that the animes is dealing with now.
Old 2008-03-15, 14:53   Link #30
yupyupyup

got the raw... got me surprise when they put a bit fanservice in this ep, since this series has been pretty serious from the start. You guys know which scene I prefer to right? When Hiromi got out of bath, and grabbed her bra by foot. LOL. There's something about her with the red frames. ..Love this series, too bad it's about to end!
Old 2008-03-15, 15:20   Link #31
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
Might as well use a clean language.
I couldn't find any appropriate substitution.

She's young, and this is anime, so this isn't anything new, but...

After getting this angsty, I'm not sure I'll like getting out of this with a non-tragic end.

By the way, is Ai completely done? Did she do anything? Any reason she's one of three main heroines?
Old 2008-03-15, 15:42   Link #32
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post
By the way, is Ai completely done? Did she do anything? Any reason she's one of three main heroines?
Aiko called Nobuse using a pay phone so he would answer her call. She asks him if he wants to be friend with a good looking woman. She tells him that they can start again as friend and see what happens without strings attached from either side. So she is basically starting over from the time that Shin introduced them. this time she tells him that there will not be anyone to interfere[shin].

Nobuse shows up at the retaurant and tell her he will do his best. So it is basically a fresh start as friends, much like the fresh start that she had with Shin when she told him that she was going to move on from him. All the lose ends with Aiko and nobuso are done and Aiko steps out of the stage.

What is left is in the final episode to see is , if they finally hook up again. I think Nobuse now has a really good chance, Nobuse is the only guy pursuing Aiko. I think Nobuse will do ok now if he stops being his old goofy self.

I never hated Nobuse, I just hated the way he got involved with Aiko. Aiko also didn't dislike the guy, she was just not in love with him. If they truelly fall in love with this "friendship" then good for them.
Old 2008-03-15, 15:46   Link #33
vio5555

Quote:
I couldn't find any appropriate substitution.

She's young, and this is anime, so this isn't anything new, but...

After getting this angsty, I'm not sure I'll like getting out of this with a non-tragic end.

She did a substantial bit more than the typical "3rd girl" in these kinds of animes, so I don't know why you're making that kind of comment.

She kissed the main dude and went all the way to a confession with that, which roiled his feelings in a lot of ways, and that has helped him re-evaluate where everyone is and what each of them means to him. The hope is that he learned a lot in dealing with the Shin/Ai/Nobuse, and that he takes those lessons with him to dealing with Noe and Hiromi as he resolves the main triangle.

The main triangle always was Noe/Shin/Hiromi; Ai's drama was intended more to shed light on that far more complex relationship as well as to show where she started and where she's going, and that's the same role that Nobuse plays as well; the two of them serve as foils for the main players in the main square I guess of Shin/Hiromi/Jun/Noe.
Old 2008-03-15, 16:06   Link #34
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
She did a substantial bit more than the typical "3rd girl" in these kinds of animes, so I don't know why you're making that kind of comment.

She kissed the main dude and went all the way to a confession with that, which roiled his feelings in a lot of ways, and that has helped him re-evaluate where everyone is and what each of them means to him. The hope is that he learned a lot in dealing with the Shin/Ai/Nobuse, and that he takes those lessons with him to dealing with Noe and Hiromi as he resolves the main triangle.

The main triangle always was Noe/Shin/Hiromi; Ai's drama was intended more to shed light on that far more complex relationship as well as to show where she started and where she's going, and that's the same role that Nobuse plays as well; the two of them serve as foils for the main players in the main square I guess of Shin/Hiromi/Jun/Noe.
I don't really watch any animes of 'this kind.' So are you saying 3rd girls usually do even less than Ai?

She was just going off by herself, kissing and confessing to Shin when he was previously completely oblivious. After the confession, he gave a straight rejection, and both moved on. And there has been nothing on both sides except straight, not complex actions.

I guess I'm saying their relationship was too little and too predictable to the point of wondering why they were even included. She was more of a sub-plot device that affected things between Shin and Miyokichi. Hell, even that was pretty much all Miyokochi, with Shin just going with the flow.

I mean, okay. Miyokichi also appears as one of the main characters, so I guess it all makes sense in that sense. But considering they didn't really interact nor affect anything between Shin, Noe, and Hiromi, why include them in the main lineup as though they play far larger, more complex roles than they actually have so far?
Old 2008-03-15, 16:15   Link #35
tejvenim

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
A seriously good character I haven't come to see in this genre ever before although I don't claim to have seen every other show out there.
There are many girls that I think are similar to Noe,
- most similar IMO is the short hair ninja girl from Final Fantasy 7
- Misao from Rurouni Kenshin
- the main heroin from Chinese novel "The Legend of the Condor Heroes"
- the girl from My Sassy Girl

IMO there is also male version of Noe, Sakuragi Hanamichi from Slam Dunk.
Old 2008-03-15, 16:16   Link #36
vio5555

Quote:
I don't really watch any animes of 'this kind.' So are you saying 3rd girls usually do even less than Ai?

She was just going off by herself, kissing and confessing to Shin when he was previously completely oblivious. After the confession, he gave a straight rejection, and both moved on. And there has been nothing on both sides except straight, not complex actions.

I guess I'm saying their relationship was too little and too predictable to the point of wondering why they were even included. She was more of a sub-plot device that affected things between Shin and Miyokichi. Hell, even that was pretty much all Miyokochi, with Shin just going with the flow.

I mean, okay. Miyokichi also appears as one of the main characters, so I guess it all makes sense in that sense. But considering they didn't really interact nor affect anything between Shin, Noe, and Hiromi, why include them in the main lineup as though they play far larger, more complex roles than they actually have so far?
Yeah, girls in the "3rd string" position generally don't really stir up the waters as much in these kinds of animes and sit around as childhood friends or whatnot, giving off hints that they like the main dude but never really doing much more than standing by as the #1/#2 chicks square off over the main male, although they do seem to be playing a larger role more recently. Many act as a kind of "elder stateswoman" of sorts who gives some advice to sort of nudge the main character to realizing what's going on around him, but they don't go for as brash actions as Ai selects. At the beginning (eps 1-3) I thought the limit of Ai's character would be to explain Hiromi's actions (as she does when she explains why a girl would want to befriend a guy's friends...), but the writers clearly had more planned for her.

Well, the only thing I can offer again is that the simplicity of their interactions and characters is meant to serve as a foil to the far more complex interactions occuring between the main characters; in a sense it gives us another window with which to view Shin's and Noe's actions towards each other, Hiromi, and Jun in light of their actions towards Ai and Nobuse, and so we get to understand Shin and Noe more. That's really the best I can offer; it might have just been a misconception of equality simply because they're listed as leads but not really in that kind of traditional sense.

There's a reason I'd generally refer to them as the 3rd male and 3rd female leads of the series; that's just a recognition of their place on the totem pole which places their relationships at a somewhat less important level than the main ones in that they're elucidating upon the main relationships in the series.
Old 2008-03-15, 16:21   Link #37
DonSuke

Quote:
Well, I guess they want to tell us that Shin isn't the center of the world and all course of action must some affection on him.
Old 2008-03-15, 16:32   Link #38
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonSuke View Post
Well, I guess they want to tell us that Shin isn't the center of the world and all course of action must some affection on him.
Of course not. But those two were pretty far disconnected and their appearances too thin compared to the other 3 that it was odd they were touted as two of the five main characters.

I mean, momma and #4 has affected far more emotion than Ai and Miyokichi, don't you think?

But vio5555's explanation of the odd nature of this genre is duly noted, thank you for that.
Old 2008-03-15, 16:49   Link #39
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
judging by the overwhelming positives about this episode from everyone i take it some REALLY good happened. I have resisted clicking on any spoilers god the temptation cant wait to see the episode.
Old 2008-03-15, 17:18   Link #40
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I am lost, completely lost. Everything was going to bright in this episode, Hiromi was shinning, but it seems like every episode there's a twist. I thought Shin changed, but guess I was wrong. Still being unclear and getting me confused along with him. Jun.....wonder who he's going to be trying to kiss in the next episode. 2 more episodes to go....COME ON GIVE ME A BLOODY CONCLUSION INSTEAD OF FLIP-FLOPPING! It's all up to Shin, he needs to make himself clear.... Wonder if Noe being the only girl Shin has yet to kiss mean anything....big kiss or awakening for end??????? First I rooted for Noe and Shin, but I really want Shin and Hiromi now and I hope that's what happens....WORRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's not flip flopping.

He said he'd do everything correctly in episode 10, so give him the benefit of the doubt. And he did change if you rewatch the ending of ep 10, when he finally starts to become proactive and begin the firm resolution process.

I know you're just exasperated, but you're watching a rather intense drama, so with 2 more episodes left, you have to expect Noe's part of the drama to take center stage again, since that was the reason all of this took flight.

Just have some confidence in the show, the writers have done a terrific job of navigating the pitfalls that befall most of the animes in this genre; it's a drama, so you can expect the drama to conclude near the end (around 13, not 11).
Closed Thread