AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-24, 14:52   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Vampire Knight - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Vampire Knight. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • - Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• - Voice Actors are humans.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
Old 2008-04-24, 17:12   Link #2
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Yui Horie's voice fits perfectly well over Yuki. Nothing less from Yui Horie.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2008-04-24, 22:58   Link #3
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Horie as Yuki = expected. Then again, I wouldn't mind Mizuki Nana/Saito Chiwa. Heck, even Sakamoto Maaya as Yuki may be... wait, Yuki isn't that serious....
Old 2008-04-24, 23:11   Link #4
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, Horie is excellent. i heard her voice once and i was like, omg, thats Naru.. (even though they sound completely different.. haha)
Old 2008-04-24, 23:15   Link #5
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I was more excited by the male cast. For me, female voices tend to blend together, especially if you don't watch that much anime. I can tell the gents' voices apart more frequently than the ladies'.

Miyano Mamoru is spot-on as Zero.
Old 2008-04-25, 09:41   Link #6
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Like Kaname-Senpai Voice By Daisuke Kishio

And Of Course Zero Voice By Mamoru Miyano
He Also Play In Awesome Animes ^.^
Spoiler for Voice:
Old 2008-04-25, 11:19   Link #7
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I really am loving Miyano as Zero. I figured he'd sound like Raito and Kamui but with Zero's state his voice fits even more. Though I love his spazzing Tamaki voice, Im really loving his sexy voice for his. I wasnt sure about Kaname's voice since I wasnt too familar with the seiyuu but Im liking it. Gives Kaname the cool, intelligent, sexiness he already has. I keeo forgetting the Sawabe Junichi is Kain Since Im also hearing him in Monochrome Factor, Kain and Shirogane dont sound really the same. Kain is much more subdued so I forget its him, but still lovely to listen too. Really the seiyuu cast is excellent for this 8D
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-25, 12:12   Link #8
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

lol...I Forgot That He Also Was The seiyuu Of Tamaki-Senpai ..His Voice Make Love Character ..He Also Cute Guy ..^.^
And Kaname-Senpai seiyuu My First Time Hearing From Long Time Ago...So make Like or Love His Character
Old 2008-04-25, 13:17   Link #9
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i did not know that Zero's VA also voiced Setsuna F Say Yeah..

and Aidou doesn't even sound like Lelouch..
Old 2008-04-25, 16:18   Link #10
nanafan
horo fan

i didn't know yui horie was voicing yuuki cool. i have to listen to her more closely
Old 2008-04-25, 23:07   Link #11
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
My First Time Hearing This
lol...It True ..I Thought I Heard His Voice From Some where
Old 2008-04-26, 06:09   Link #12
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
i did not know that Zero's VA also voiced Setsuna F Say Yeah..

Fukuyama used his Yumichika voice here, as far as I can tell.

AS for Miyano, more of Light Yagami than Setsuna, a good mix of both. A little angst and more "in-control" moments.
Old 2008-04-28, 19:40   Link #13
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

In case you missed it when I mentioned it in the old thread, I translated the official site's characters page here. The translated page has a pic of each character, with a little descripion of who they are, and tells who their seiyuu is. I added a little pic of each seiyuu for good measure.

This show is definitely playing in the seiyuu big leagues, with Hocchan, Mamo-chan, Jun-chan, et al. Mamo-chan just burst onto the scene with Light a couple of years ago, and now he seems to be near the top of the heap. But I also really like some of the other people here, such as Kitamura Eri (KitaEri) and Suwabe Junichi. And it's good to hear Hocchan still playing a young girl so well.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-04-28, 22:18   Link #14
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ yes, i saw that the first time you posted it and i still appreciate it. though this is the second time i've seen Ruka romanized to Luca. whats up with that?

plus i'm not a fan of anime Seiren. manga seiren is much better looking.
Old 2008-04-29, 07:36   Link #15
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

oh...Thanks For Listing The seiyuu...Their Faces Look Different From ANN ^.^
Old 2008-04-29, 11:39   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
^^ yes, i saw that the first time you posted it and i still appreciate it. though this is the second time i've seen Ruka romanized to Luca. whats up with that?....
It's straight off the official site. There really is a Western name Luca, so maybe that was intended. Even though they are saying "Ruka." Anyway, I think the "L" seems exotic and interesting in Japanese.

I have the same problem figuring out whether in Macross F it should be "Ranka Ree" or "Lanka Lee" or "Ranka Lee" (as it is on ANN). The official site there doesn't have any romanization, and does the name in kana that make "Ranka Rii." Spelled Li or Lee, that's a Chinese surname.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos
oh...Thanks For Listing The seiyuu...Their Faces Look Different From ANN ^.^
It's striking how different photos can make seiyuus look quite different. Sometimes it has to do with how old the photo is, sometimes it just seems to be the angle or the expression.

And thanks to you both for finding the page useful.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-04-29, 15:51   Link #17
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i remember it was the same case with Lacus and some other name that started with a R. oh well, Ruka still sounds better than Luca
Old 2008-04-30, 00:41   Link #18
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It's straight off the official site. There really is a Western name Luca, so maybe that was intended. Even though they are saying "Ruka." Anyway, I think the "L" seems exotic and interesting in Japanese.

I have the same problem figuring out whether in Macross F it should be "Ranka Ree" or "Lanka Lee" or "Ranka Lee" (as it is on ANN). The official site there doesn't have any romanization, and does the name in kana that make "Ranka Rii." Spelled Li or Lee, that's a Chinese surname.
Everyone thought it was Lanca Lee due to t-shirts worn at the Tokyo Anime Fair.. but than the proper ending sequence which started in episode 2 has a picture of Ranka with the words Ranka Lee next to it.
Old 2008-04-30, 03:18   Link #19
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
I just want tell something actually Kaname Va is also voicing Luppi(BLEACH)
Old 2008-04-30, 18:11   Link #20
Kaijin
かいじん

I think Mamoru Miyano is doing a stellar job as Zero, especially the scene at the end of episode 3; what awesome work!