AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-15, 03:10   Link #1081
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tsukuyomi View Post
Its a TIME PARADOX!!!

Also, I swear I heard Konata talking to Tsukasa about Harry Potter... Could someone tell me wrong or right???
Konata saw a TV show which discussed "how many books an average Japanese person reads in a year, not including manga." Konata then asks Tsukasa if ranobe (light novels) counts as books. And what about children's picture books? Most people will agree that Harry Potter to be a book, then why the discrimination towards not including manga? What defines a book then?
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 03:12   Link #1082
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
(Not sure if this is old but...)

Ep 2 doesn't have a proper ED either. It's another horrible karaoke box shoutfest.

Shouri da! Akumaizaa 3
"Victory! Akumaizer 3"
Old 2007-04-15, 03:13   Link #1083
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As long as I get to hear Konota-chan sing (or screech or whatever she does) again. She puts a lot of spirit into it (or more properly, Hirano channeling Konota-chan).

"proper ED" bah.... Kona-chan is a goddess and her vocals slay unicorns at 30 meters.
Old 2007-04-15, 03:15   Link #1084
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
(Not sure if this is old but...)

Ep 2 doesn't have a proper ED either. It's another horrible karaoke box shoutfest.

Shouri da! Akumaizaa 3
"Victory! Akumaizer 3"
It's possible the ending credits for the entire series can be linked up as one continuous karaoke session. I think I heard a little bit of the ending tune that was part of the last episode's song.
Old 2007-04-15, 03:32   Link #1085
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
As long as I get to hear Konota-chan sing (or screech or whatever she does) again. She puts a lot of spirit into it (or more properly, Hirano channeling Konota-chan).

"proper ED" bah.... Kona-chan is a goddess and her vocals slay unicorns at 30 meters.
I am all for this sort of ending as well; Then again, it would be much better if Konata were to sing a bit more than just a few lines.
Old 2007-04-15, 03:48   Link #1086
~Tsukuyomi
[- Caramelldansen Spam -]

Or out of the blue, Konata decided to sing "God Knows..." or "Hare Hare Yukai", but still keep the screeching and such...
~Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 04:21   Link #1087
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It's possible the ending credits for the entire series can be linked up as one continuous karaoke session. I think I heard a little bit of the ending tune that was part of the last episode's song.
Didn't they say that they only had "2 hours"? Let me do a bit of math...

The ending is exactly 1:30 long, and the series was slated for 24 episodes. That means ... 36 minutes of karaoke session! Hmm, it seems like they've left room for 56 more episodes!

Oh, and another thing I read on a japanese blog... The name of the show is actually a little pun:

Rakisuta seems a bit off for the japanese for "Lucky Star", right? Normally it'd be Rakiisutaa with an elongated "a" and "i".. The way the show's title is written, actually, could be an abbreviation for "Lucky Strike", which makes more sense given the 4-koma nature of the original manga . Those things are always hit-or-miss.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 05:33   Link #1088
lalabling

can some one make a sig from the op whereall of them are dancing with the cheerleader uniform ? pretty please
lalabling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 07:13   Link #1089
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
I am all for this sort of ending as well; Then again, it would be much better if Konata were to sing a bit more than just a few lines.
Now why would they make it longer when they can just release the full version on OSTs and make you buy em?

Personally i like hearing Konata sing, it's funny and a lot more interesting compare to the usual EDs you get in anime.
Old 2007-04-15, 09:37   Link #1090
Maritime
Oceanic

I really hope that Akira's bi-polar behavior on Lucky Channel continues
Maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 10:26   Link #1091
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Oh, and another thing I read on a japanese blog... The name of the show is actually a little pun:

Rakisuta seems a bit off for the japanese for "Lucky Star", right? Normally it'd be Rakiisutaa with an elongated "a" and "i".. The way the show's title is written, actually, could be an abbreviation for "Lucky Strike", which makes more sense given the 4-koma nature of the original manga . Those things are always hit-or-miss.
Interesting bit of info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Now why would they make it longer when they can just release the full version on OSTs and make you buy em?
You are so right about this, that it's almost scary in a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi
Or out of the blue, Konata decided to sing "God Knows..." or "Hare Hare Yukai", but still keep the screeching and such...
Will be nice if the rest of the gang gets to sing a bit as well.
Old 2007-04-15, 10:29   Link #1092
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime View Post
I really hope that Akira's bi-polar behavior on Lucky Channel continues
From what I could see at 2ch, she did it again. Oh, and Nanako Kuroi appears.

I think I read "Patty! Patty!" from a few fans, I guess they want to see Patricia Martin already?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 10:31   Link #1093
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Unless KyoAni wants the pants sued off them, I highly doubt they will release the songs used in the karaoke on the Lucky Star OST. Referencing to another production's song is one thing. Profiting from it is another.

Hmm.
Old 2007-04-15, 10:38   Link #1094
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Unless KyoAni wants the pants sued off them, I highly doubt they will release the songs used in the karaoke on the Lucky Star OST....
Unless they have made prior arrangements with the right-holders, who may make a small amount of money from it and may feel that the publicity will be good for their old shows.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 10:58   Link #1095
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Unless they have made prior arrangements with the right-holders, who may make a small amount of money from it and may feel that the publicity will be good for their old shows.
Indeed, since these songs are old. The songs sang are fully credited on-screen, which means they are authorised parodies. (Unlike, for example, the Gunbuster OP reference in EP 2 while discussing female dentists.)
Old 2007-04-15, 11:07   Link #1096
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Ok, now that this has aired at the (officially?) announced airing date, I sit comfortably in my seat waiting for the raws to come out. I certainly refuse to watch it in low quality...

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 11:08   Link #1097
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Konata saw a TV show which discussed "how many books an average Japanese person reads in a year, not including manga." Konata then asks Tsukasa if ranobe (light novels) counts as books. And what about children's picture books? Most people will agree that Harry Potter to be a book, then why the discrimination towards not including manga? What defines a book then?
Even if this is a reference in an anime, I can see something like this happening in the real world.

I think is unfair, since the term "book" is quite generic.

Even if the intention of such description ("excluding manga") is to try to describe text-only books, that still includes phone books . Maybe they could use "literary books"? Or something like that.

Sad, sad discrimination.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 11:24   Link #1098
Huntermania

So I hear you guys liked the first ep....

Hey, keep watching those animes about eating guys!
Huntermania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 12:44   Link #1099
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Does anyone know what's the deal with the "evil" voice in the preview?

It cracked me up, but it might be another reference.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 13:31   Link #1100
Omniscient

Episode 02 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:

Last edited by Omniscient; 2007-04-15 at 13:58.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen