AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 17 17.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 35.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 19.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-10, 07:25   Link #181
JediNight
キズランダム

She's like a L10 white mage in a party with a L90 red mage though
Old 2007-04-10, 07:38   Link #182
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
She's like a L10 white mage in a party with a L90 red mage though
More like Lvl-16 to Lvl-76 if you want to follow my ranking theory.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-10, 07:46   Link #183
JediNight
キズランダム

I still don't see how Hayate is the most powerful mage? Is it because of her Legion form and having like 3 different magical devices that she gets "hax points" that boost her? hehe
Old 2007-04-10, 07:57   Link #184
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I still don't see how Hayate is the most powerful mage? Is it because of her Legion form and having like 3 different magical devices that she gets "hax points" that boost her? hehe
Your guess is as good as mine. The producers have been fairly vague on how Hayate fights in her battles. The one scene (from manga) that involve her fighting a real opponent only show her casting ONE spell in what was an extremely one-sided match (Hayate and R-Zwei had running commentary while they beat up the enemy, to put it one way).

Until they show Hayate fighting against a "credible" opponent, there is little way we can gauge her combat prowess.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-10, 07:58   Link #185
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

My guess is because she's using a lost logia.

Despite it being considerably weaken, it's still a pretty impressive tool... Probably allows her to store more spells.
Old 2007-04-10, 08:09   Link #186
johnjefferson3

she just techinally strongest since she's the only one who continued taking the official tests so that she could still be even more offically promoted up to even higher military ranks, nanoha and fate are just happy where they are now and just are teaching the next generation how to make friends and become a stong person, but eveyone knows that the true strongest person is nanoha since she just a pure happy smart girl and is smart in everything with the exception of how to make a relationship with a man, hyate is stupid and slow, but she just basicaly has renifore since they are snobs and cheat all the time by looking up stuff in their magic books that they carry, i mean if i had my text book with me at all times when i took a test during school i would have have all a's too, but i got them all just using by brain which is why i still remember things all these years later, hayate is just a loser and a joke that got to where she is, becuase no one else want nothing to do with her, and who in the TSAB wants to hang around another brat with a brat of her own that is 30 cm, and after 10 years later still can not even do 1 spell on her own, no wonder nanoha and fate had to become teachers since TSAB education is just like it is here right now, a complete failure!!!!
Old 2007-04-10, 08:14   Link #187
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

(Ouch... My head... No more walls please....)

Btw, we're talking about her MAGE rank, not her military rank.

Ouch... One topic at a time for me... I'm sure the other more experience folks here would gladly tear that apart into bite sizes portion... I'll be reply in the form of edits once i can slowly understand this piece of Literature

Edit 1: Also, you don't get promoted to a high rank like Lt Colonel through a simple test.

Edit 2: Also, the tome is her device, all her spells are casted by herself.

Edit 3: Also, I realise that you're assuming too much about her social circle.

Edit 4: Also, remember that the mage tests involve firepower as much as skill., those that do require written examination means that they don't use devices so the tome won't be of much use.

Edit 5: Also, Hayate has to fill her book with spells again. When Reinforce 'died' in A's, I believe the book got reformated.

Edit 6: Also, Fate isn't an instructor.

Edit 7: Also, Hayate was able to take command of the rescue operation in this episode.

Edit 8: Also, No where did it mention that TSAB have lousy education system.

Edit 9: Also, I would NEVER EVER use the word 'innocent' when describing Hayate.

... Did I missed anything?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-04-10 at 08:31.
Old 2007-04-10, 08:18   Link #188
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Meh we still don't know how Hayate is using of the old YnS. It can easily be something that "saves" big and long spell and make it instant castble in battle and such.
Old 2007-04-10, 08:35   Link #189
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Well, I was expecting Friedrich to have a more mature voice, due to it's appearance...oh well.

"Erio-kun...good job!" *thumbs up*

Btw, that part in the OP, when the four are attacking the drone-thing, Elio just spins Strada to look cool

In addition: Yay, Strada talks! *celebrates*
Old 2007-04-10, 08:36   Link #190
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually... I think I might know why Hayate have such an edge over the common mage with the book =)

Taken from Wiki...

Quote:
Ceremonial spells

There are fewer ceremonial spells seen in the series than any other spell type, and are thought to be the most complex. Considerable time or magical power is needed to cast such spells, and they may have long arias as passphrases. Examples include Thunder Fall, and the first Reinforce's final spell
It's not easy to remember tons of words right? Well, the tome probably have all of Hayate's chant written down, hence it's alot easier for her to dish out these big hitters.
Old 2007-04-10, 08:39   Link #191
johnjefferson3

like i sayed in my previous statement (i was refering to both military and magical levels) hayate only got to SS, since she was the only one to take the ss exam so she got it by defualt, since she always has renifore with her,(with renifore and it practactly impossible to fail) nanoha and fate stoped taking the harder tests themselves years ago, (it was meantion in a drama cd)since they teach the new people now, hyate only took the ss test since it was required to be taken if hayate wanted to move up the miliaty chain of command, which she and renifore , both wanted, and which they both did, but only hayate got that rank since she was one that was actually doing all the magic during the test, even those renfore has her own indivuial magic level!!!!!

if you are a super nanoha fan then everyone here should have know this allready by now, if not, you have some things to learn, since i knew this a few months ago!!!

p.s if nanoha and fate were to take those tests sometime in the future they would definatly hands down score higher then hayate ever would since they would be doing ther stuff using knowledge that they learned themselves and would be able to max out their full potential, since they would have no doubts of what they can do or can not do, since hayate allays needs to reed her book to do anything with magic and that is a serious flaw that i know someday will cause her a major problem with a major enemy in the future!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-04-10, 08:50   Link #192
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
since she was the only one to take the ss exam so she got it by defualt
One, you don't pass a test by "default", it's not a Competition.

Quote:
since she always has renifore with her,(with renifore and it practactly impossible to fail)
Two, Reinforce Zwei is not Reinforce, their Capabilities are different. Rein is still considered 'learning'...

Quote:
since i knew this a few months ago!!!
I'm assuming you're refering to information from the drama sound stage that came out last month?

Quote:
since they teach the new people now
Fate is not an instructor.

Quote:
p.s if nanoha and fate were to take those tests sometime in the future they would definatly hands down score higher then hayate ever would since they would be doing ther stuff using knowledge that they learned themselves and would be able to max out their full potential
You do recalling them reformating the book? Hence most, if not all of the previous spells are deleted? Thats means whatever they have now is picked up ever since then.

Quote:
since hayate allays needs to reed her book to do anything with magic and that is a serious flaw that i know someday will cause her a major problem with a major enemy in the future!!!!!!!!
Those are called Ceremonial spells, they're meant to be long because they pack more firepower. What Nanoha and Fate and the others use are lesser spells.

Thanks, but I'll pass on the 'Super Nanoha Fan' title, I'm just a common Anime fan...

P.S - Can someone confirm this information he claims from the recent sound stage? Cause I can't understand much japanese...
Old 2007-04-10, 08:54   Link #193
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
My guess is because she's using a lost logia.

Despite it being considerably weaken, it's still a pretty impressive tool... Probably allows her to store more spells.
Satire Senses tingling...

[What If...] (this is going to be long...)

(After securing some Lost Logias, Hayate and the four scrubs are suddenly attacked by an unknown entity)

Hayate: "This guy is..."
Subaru: "This is it! This, this, this is it! I'll do it this time. I won't embarrass myself in front of Teana!"
Hayate: "Ah! Well, well! If it isn't one of the Shadow Organisation's leaders, Mid-Boss, eh?"
Subaru (to herself): "Leader? Well, who cares? Right now I have to... Ready... Go!"
Hayate (blocking Subaru with her staff): "You're in the way. Get back."
Subaru: "Why?!"
Hayate: "Compared to the previous opponents, this guy is very different. It will be much tougher... to fight him..."
Mid-Boss: "To think that I finally get the chance to meet the famed Tome of the Night Sky's mistress, Hayate Yagami... Apologies for the intrusion but... I will need you to hand over the Lost Logias."
Subaru (to herself): "Huh? Tome of the Night Sky? What the Hell is that?!"
Caro (to herself): "What are they talking about? She's strong?"
Erio (to himself): "Tome of the Night Sky?"
Hayate: "Troops! Get into a defensive formation and protect the Lost Logias. Stay out of the fight. That's my request as a team-mate. *signals R-Zwei and stares at Mid-Boss* Pick on someone your own size. UNISON IN!"
Subaru (to herself): "Wha-What did she just do?"
Mid-Boss: "Oh? Finally the chance to see the legendary Tome of the Night Sky... I am honoured."
Subaru: "Tome of the Night Sky! Tome of the Night Sky! What the Hell is that?"
Teana: "The Tome of the Night Sky... it is a power borne from Lost Logia and represented by a tome. Its' masters can use it to absorb Linker Cores and store the magic energy within its' pages. However, the Tome of the Night Sky isn't just that."
Mid-Boss: "Exactly. That's not all... What's also amazing... is that you have the ability to read your opponent's techniques and copy them. When I was first joined the Shadow Organisation, we kept a handbook which had information on you... The girl who can copy a thousand spells... Copy Mahou Shoujo Hayate."
Caro (to herself): "What's going on? LTC Hayate is that incredible?"
Subaru: "Wow!"
Teana (to herself): "What's going on? The Tome of the Night Sky is supposed to be a sealed item by the TSAB. Why does she..."
Mid-Boss: "Now, let's get it over and be done with. I have to capture those Lost Logias."

(the four scrubs surround the Lost Logias in a defensive position while Hayate faces Mid-Boss)

Mid-Boss: "But it seems I have to defeat you first, Hayate!"

(Mid-Boss makes his move)

~and so it continues~

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-10, 09:05   Link #194
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Spoiler for It still has to be tagged?:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-10, 09:05   Link #195
Key Board
Carbon

she's stronger because she can combine with Rin

everyone knows that super robots who can combine are very strong!
Old 2007-04-10, 09:07   Link #196
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Skane

Despite having more 'cheese' than the entire 'Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora' series, and having Blatant rip-offs from Naruto and Disgaea...

I do like the kakashi reference

Anyway, as I've mention soon after that, my second guess is that Hayate's packing more of these big hitter spells than both Fate and Nanoha since the tome would allow she to cast them faster...

Quote:
Ceremonial spells

There are fewer ceremonial spells seen in the series than any other spell type, and are thought to be the most complex. Considerable time or magical power is needed to cast such spells, and they may have long arias as passphrases. Examples include Thunder Fall, and the first Reinforce's final spell
Old 2007-04-10, 09:39   Link #197
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Skane

Despite having more 'cheese' than the entire 'Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora' series, and having Blatant rip-offs from Naruto and Disgaea...

I do like the kakashi reference

Anyway, as I've mention soon after that, my second guess is that Hayate's packing more of these big hitter spells than both Fate and Nanoha since the tome would allow she to cast them faster...
Cheers.

About the tome, I am hoping that they will show Hayate dual-casting spells. This is because R-Zwei is capable of casting spells on her own, even when in unison with Hayate. I think it is a pretty cool concept.

So far... the only mage we have seen dual-casting is the original Reinforce, so it is not too far-fetched that Hayate might be able to do it too, with R-Zwei's help of course.

Interestingly, after examining her devices on the official character page. It seems that the book is the one holding the original Reinforce emblem. Can someone confirm this? If this is so, then R-Zwei is not the descendant of Reinforce, but merely an original artificial AI-device, while the book is the real descendant of Reinforce. The staff is just a "normal" non-intelligent device.

About Fate and Nanoha passing the SS-Ranking Exams, I can also claim that Vita will easily pass them and my claim will be as equally valid. Until they actually take the exams, we won't know how they will fare in them.

Claiming they will pass the exam is one thing. Actually doing so is another.

Additionally, the complaint about Hayate being a cheater by using a storage device just seems silly. Chrono also uses storage devices and was ranked higher than Nanoha and Fate in A's. Does that also make him a cheater?

The TSAB is not running the Olympics here. They are a military organisation, and in the military, there is no such thing as honour in using lesser weaponry. If you are capable of using a ballistic missile, you damn well better use it when necessary instead of saying how it is "robbing" glory from the rifle-toting infantrymen.

A better question would be... why can't Fate and Nanoha use storage devices as well? Mind you, Hayate is using three devices simultaneously. Multitasking is no mean feat.

Mage-ranking is also not just about power, but skill in application of spells and general knowledge. Chrono's ranking is testament to this. What could Fate and Nanoha do about stopping the fire at the airport?

Nanoha? Starlight Breaker the entire place and let Fate sort them out? Hell no. Stardust Fall? No, just no. Until Nanoha starts to learn more types of magic, she will be limited in what she can do. Same goes for Fate.

Nanoha may be contended with her role as an Instructor, while Fate is with her role as Investigator; but contention also means stagnation of skills. Until they actively strive to aim higher, they will never exceed Hayate's Mage-ranking.

Narf.
Old 2007-04-10, 11:52   Link #198
murklins

Nanoha already knows lots of types of magic... she offered to heal Teana and created an interesting barrier type in episode 1 alone. Whether or not she's GOOD at them... yeah. I'm looking forward to the training episode(s) to come, regardless.

Spoiler for episode 2 test results:
Old 2007-04-10, 12:02   Link #199
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by murklins View Post
Nanoha already knows lots of types of magic... she offered to heal Teana and created an interesting barrier type in episode 1 alone. Whether or not she's GOOD at them... yeah. I'm looking forward to the training episode(s) to come, regardless.

Spoiler for episode 2 test results:
Subaru/Teana failing the B-Rank exam is the opposite of why Chrono made AAA+ Rank, despite being weaker than Nanoha/Fate back in Season One.
Old 2007-04-10, 12:47   Link #200
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Subaru/Teana failing the B-Rank exam is the opposite of why Chrono made AAA+ Rank, despite being weaker than Nanoha/Fate back in Season One.
Nanoha pointed out what they did wrong, but I didn't understand much