AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-01, 15:44   Link #141
AnimeFangirl

She's not that serious about getting rid of him anyway. Two things she could do if she was serious:
1. Call Social Welfare or whoever is in charge of the facility and tell them Shiratori brought in her boyfriend and is shacking up with him in front of you guys. That gets rid of Shiratori too, but hey, you can't save 'em all.
2. Accuse him of sexual harassment. Say he grabbed her boobs or peeped on her in the shower or something. That ruins his career for good, but hey, you can't save 'em all.
Old 2009-07-01, 15:59   Link #142
Fettucine
Inactive Member

Ch4: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lmamum2yuy5

This week's chapter was really kind of "meh". Getting kind of predictable, no?
Old 2009-07-02, 05:08   Link #143
Kikuchi

I don't think you should expect this series to be as original and unpredictable as GTO was.

It's probably just some candy for fans who wanted more and fresh cash for Fujisawa, period.
Old 2009-07-02, 08:50   Link #144
AnimeFangirl

I didn't think the original was that good anyway, and it certainly wasn't unpredictable. I don't think I even finished reading it, I believe I stopped reading around the Okinawa arc.

It's the setting of the new series that piqued my interest. For some silly, unrealistic reason, I was hoping for a sensitive and respectful treatment of the children at the facility. As Shiratori said, these homes are very important, and a lot of children in such places have social and psychological issues that need to be handled with care. I think Onizuka just waltzing in there with a PS3 and suddenly making everyone happy trivializes the hard work administrators, counsellors and social workers put in every single day, but hey, it's a manga. Gotta feel good, right?

An example: Sakurako's grown up with a violent adult male all her life, now this other violent guy beats up her dad. And that's supposed to make her happy? Somehow that solves all her problems? Isn't that just reinforcing the "Violence is the Best Solution" message? Onizuka didn't even try to reason with the fellow (not that it would have worked, but still), he just went straight to Option B: taunting and insulting him and picking a fight. I'm seeing Sakurako 10 years down the line in a succession of failed relationships to violent deadbeats, but I'll be darned if the manga ever acknowledges this.

In short, it's only been 4 chapters but I'm already taking issue with the sacrificing of legitimate personal issues at the altar of the Super Teacher. Fujisawa set the spin-off at an orphanage not to highlight the problems but just to promote Onizuka as some sort of Messiah who can make years of abuse/neglect vanish in just 14 days, and that flippant treatment is pissing me off. Of course anyone expects serious social commentary from a manga probably deserves to be pissed off, but that's neither here nor there.
Old 2009-07-02, 15:29   Link #145
Ugly Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
I didn't think the original was that good anyway,
Wait- what?
Old 2009-07-02, 15:34   Link #146
AnimeFangirl

Okay, that's a lie. I did think it was that good, that's why I read it feverishly until the Okinawa arc with that bullied boy and the bully girl and then my interest vaporized. I flipped through a little bit, saw some new bad boy who was somebody's nephew blah blah zzz, stopped reading after that. Better?
Old 2009-07-02, 15:39   Link #147
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
I didn't think the original was that good anyway, and it certainly wasn't unpredictable. I don't think I even finished reading it, I believe I stopped reading around the Okinawa arc.

It's the setting of the new series that piqued my interest. For some silly, unrealistic reason, I was hoping for a sensitive and respectful treatment of the children at the facility. As Shiratori said, these homes are very important, and a lot of children in such places have social and psychological issues that need to be handled with care. I think Onizuka just waltzing in there with a PS3 and suddenly making everyone happy trivializes the hard work administrators, counsellors and social workers put in every single day, but hey, it's a manga. Gotta feel good, right?

An example: Sakurako's grown up with a violent adult male all her life, now this other violent guy beats up her dad. And that's supposed to make her happy? Somehow that solves all her problems? Isn't that just reinforcing the "Violence is the Best Solution" message? Onizuka didn't even try to reason with the fellow (not that it would have worked, but still), he just went straight to Option B: taunting and insulting him and picking a fight. I'm seeing Sakurako 10 years down the line in a succession of failed relationships to violent deadbeats, but I'll be darned if the manga ever acknowledges this.

In short, it's only been 4 chapters but I'm already taking issue with the sacrificing of legitimate personal issues at the altar of the Super Teacher. Fujisawa set the spin-off at an orphanage not to highlight the problems but just to promote Onizuka as some sort of Messiah who can make years of abuse/neglect vanish in just 14 days, and that flippant treatment is pissing me off. Of course anyone expects serious social commentary from a manga probably deserves to be pissed off, but that's neither here nor there.
1st bold line..
Sometimes, yes it does, even the best among the best, but for a peaceful environment (not like mine, may be yours) its was a bad option

2nd bold line..
Even for Superman, it's impossible

underline...
I think, your only fault is to not read it till the end
Old 2009-07-02, 17:58   Link #148
AnimeFangirl

[Double post, please delete]
Old 2009-07-02, 18:00   Link #149
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
1st bold line..
Sometimes, yes it does, even the best among the best, but for a peaceful environment (not like mine, may be yours) its was a bad option
That would be more convincing if Onizuka was shown making some attempt at a more peaceable solution, not to mention it would have set a better example for the kids.
Quote:
2nd bold line..
Even for Superman, it's impossible
But not for Super Onizuka, am I right?
Quote:
underline...
I think, your only fault is to not read it till the end
That entire post you just referenced was directed at the new 14 days series, which is far from ending yet...I hope.
Old 2009-07-02, 18:02   Link #150
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah chapter 4 was just Onizuka who beat the crap of this dad's ass . I expected more fight . But still good . Poor Mom and Daughter .
He played with his foots lol .
Old 2009-07-02, 21:23   Link #151
noktown

Actually in the original Manga all the fun starts after the Okinawa arc(actually the whole manga was really good for me),even though yeah there is a new villain(after this boy there is something new),he "teaches" them in different and interesting ways.
And a major secret is revealed about class 3-4.
Old 2009-07-07, 03:16   Link #152
Fettucine
Inactive Member

New chapter's out for this week.

Ch5: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mnz4jtumdnn
Old 2009-07-07, 12:11   Link #153
Jarppa

thats fast dude, big thanks from these chapters.
Old 2009-07-07, 17:10   Link #154
AnimeFangirl

I don't even know what to say about this one. Was GTO always this childish? My memory must be fuzzy. *sigh*

Umm, well... yeah, I got nothing. Let's wait for the next chapter.
Old 2009-07-07, 19:11   Link #155
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Seems another fights is coming . Lol whe Onizuka ate the cockroach its remind me the first manga , first volume when he just begans the sensei .
Old 2009-07-08, 06:26   Link #156
patnam

Where are the former friends of Onizuka from Shonan Junai Gumi?
Old 2009-07-13, 23:39   Link #157
Fettucine
Inactive Member

Finished with Chapter 6. It can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uyqomyzmjkt

My previous releases can be found Here.

Edit: Previous Ch6 file was corrupt. Re-uploaded correct file. Please re-download.

Last edited by Fettucine; 2009-07-14 at 01:04.
Old 2009-07-14, 16:19   Link #158
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Thanks for the links .

This chapter was short .
*Minotorus* lol yeah , he beats those guys .
Rin call emergency XD
Old 2009-07-15, 06:07   Link #159
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
It's will be better if that bitch being raped, so young ...yet so.....disgusting

I barely bring any harm to female around me, but if its this bitch, I think I will trashing her in a painful way Its good that her opponent is ex-gangster whose resolute to solve the problem in her mind and have plenty of idea to do it harmless-way, once she meet me...she will feel Hell
Old 2009-07-25, 22:16   Link #160
Scion

Anybody know when Chapter 7 is gonna be released?
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, shonen