AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2016-09-29, 07:27   Link #221
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

Hear the Universe! Finally! ... But I'm disappointed now that I can hear the whole thing proper. No problem with the composition itself, but it feels like some parts just get too high for Walküre to sing it in the way that they do. So it's honestly a bit painful at those parts, unfortunately.

Well, LOVE! THUNDER GLOW is great as usual, and it's nice to have another Kaname-lead song in Namidame Bakuhatsuon. Kaname's my favorite Walküre member, both for her character and her voice. Her singing is nice on the ears and skillful, and she seems to be a lot more consistent than JUNNA (not an insult to JUNNA! If it weren't for the consistency thing, which I'm sure she'll fix up in no time as she gets more experience, SHE'D be my favorite singer of them easily). Wasn't fond of Walküre's rendition of Do You Remember Love?, though. They could have composed a much more interesting way to use five voices for this song than they did.

Also, Lucette Arkan is wonderful. I like the Do You Remember Love bit and how they played around with it to make it seem very unique. There is one thing I'm curious about with it, though. It credits both JUNNA and Ami Koshimizu as its vocalists. I have never heard Ami Koshimizu sing before, and don't recall hearing anything that didn't sound like it could have been JUNNA. Does anyone know exactly which parts Ami Koshimizu is singing in?

Well... Zald Vahsa (or however I should call it in English) and Neo Stream shall remain as my favorite vocal pieces from Delta. As much as I love the honks and sexy feel of Ikenai Borderline, I just can't resist Neo Stream's funky piano bit and the fact that it actually gives prolonged solo parts to ALL of the girls instead of just making it yet another Mikumo And Freyja Show. ... I'm also fond of the Engrish.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 07:49   Link #222
Jingdot
Hoina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Antares- View Post

It credits both JUNNA and Ami Koshimizu as its vocalists. I have never heard Ami Koshimizu sing before, and don't recall hearing anything that didn't sound like it could have been JUNNA. Does anyone know exactly which parts Ami Koshimizu is singing in?

If my ears don't betray me, I think Ami Koshimizu is singing the part that starts with "Oboete imasuka". That's how it sounds to me at least, because in that part the singing voice doesn't sound like JUNNAs. After that the epic instrumental kicks in and JUNNA takes the lead again.
Old 2016-09-29, 08:07   Link #223
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingdot View Post
If my ears don't betray me, I think Ami Koshimizu is singing the part that starts with "Oboete imasuka". That's how it sounds to me at least, because in that part the singing voice doesn't sound like JUNNAs. After that the epic instrumental kicks in and JUNNA takes the lead again.
Haha, I had JUST come back to this thread to edit my post, because I noticed while listening to it on repeat after I posted, that the singing at that part didn't have the depth and expression that JUNNA always has... It sounds like she might also be the one singing very quietly under the choir around 2:35~, and probably a bit around 3:30~ too. I'm surprised she managed to trick my ears like that. I'm usually pretty good at picking out different vocalists.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 06:30   Link #224
HirouKeimou

Listening to Destructive Purity, JUNNA only version:
You know, no insult for JUNNA; however, it's... not as good as I'd hoped it'd be.

Seriously, for the verses she's not originally in (wherein Freyja, Makina, Reina, and Kaname sang), it's a big disconnect because it sounds like the studio edited in her new verses beside her old ones. It's like she didn't sing the whole song herself or something like that.

Thing is, she literally has a pause and voice change on the new verses like they're recorded in two different years... and it's jarring. That's prior to all the lyric slurring she does... For instance, right before the second chorus begins, she slurs a dozen of those lyrics ("demo" comes to mind immediately, so does "erabe").

I don't know if they did only record her singing those new verses and edit them in alongside the old ones or not...

Thought I'd throw it out there if anyone has an opinion on the track...
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 09:52   Link #225
Jingdot
Hoina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post
Listening to Destructive Purity, JUNNA only version:
You know, no insult for JUNNA; however, it's... not as good as I'd hoped it'd be.

Seriously, for the verses she's not originally in (wherein Freyja, Makina, Reina, and Kaname sang), it's a big disconnect because it sounds like the studio edited in her new verses beside her old ones. It's like she didn't sing the whole song herself or something like that.

Thing is, she literally has a pause and voice change on the new verses like they're recorded in two different years... and it's jarring. That's prior to all the lyric slurring she does... For instance, right before the second chorus begins, she slurs a dozen of those lyrics ("demo" comes to mind immediately, so does "erabe").

I don't know if they did only record her singing those new verses and edit them in alongside the old ones or not...

Thought I'd throw it out there if anyone has an opinion on the track...
You know what? I think the exact same thing about that I was almost too afraid to post it, since there are many fans of Mikumos voice.

I really looked forward to her solo version but I too think that it doesn't flow as nicely as the original version with all the members does. It's just like you say, it somehow doesn't fit. It's a little bit like someone tried to squeeze a puzzle piece in a section where it doesn't belong.
Old 2016-10-01, 13:48   Link #226
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Antares- View Post
Well, LOVE! THUNDER GLOW is great as usual, and it's nice to have another Kaname-lead song in Namidame Bakuhatsuon. Kaname's my favorite Walküre member, both for her character and her voice. Her singing is nice on the ears and skillful, and she seems to be a lot more consistent than JUNNA (not an insult to JUNNA! If it weren't for the consistency thing, which I'm sure she'll fix up in no time as she gets more experience, SHE'D be my favorite singer of them easily). Wasn't fond of Walküre's rendition of Do You Remember Love?, though. They could have composed a much more interesting way to use five voices for this song than they did.
Gotta agree with you here. And I'm still waiting for Kaname's solo "Giraffe Blues". Will we ever get it, lol...
Old 2016-10-02, 00:24   Link #227
MichiNekoChan
::::D

Send a message via AIM to MichiNekoChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingdot View Post
You know what? I think the exact same thing about that I was almost too afraid to post it, since there are many fans of Mikumos voice.

I really looked forward to her solo version but I too think that it doesn't flow as nicely as the original version with all the members does. It's just like you say, it somehow doesn't fit. It's a little bit like someone tried to squeeze a puzzle piece in a section where it doesn't belong.
Yeah I too agree despite being a fan of JUNNAs singing voice that solo Hametsu no Junjou is a bit awkward. Think ill stick with the other version.
Old 2016-11-18, 07:27   Link #228
HirouKeimou

A new album has been announced for a release in January of next year: Official site info. It's already on for pre-order on CD Japan, too. Titled "Walkure ga Tomaranai" (which is loosely translated "Unstoppable Walkure" by Google).

No idea of the tracks it'll have but I'll look forward to it.
Old 2016-11-18, 15:32   Link #229
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
A new album has been announced for a release in January of next year: Official site info. It's already on for pre-order on CD Japan, too. Titled "Walkure ga Tomaranai" (which is loosely translated "Unstoppable Walkure" by Google).

Now that's interesting. I wonder what it'll consist of since I don't remember much left out of the two existing ones.
Old 2016-11-18, 16:49   Link #230
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Now that's interesting. I wonder what it'll consist of since I don't remember much left out of the two existing ones.
The Episode 11 versions of "Giraffe Blues" and Episode 13's diegetic version of "Ichido dake no Koi nara" are the first things that come to mind, but yeah, after that I'm not sure what else they have to do.

Covers? There was "Remember 16"...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 02:14   Link #231
HirouKeimou

@Dextro and Gravitas Free Zone:
Personally, I'd love solos for a couple of songs, especially ones from the first half of the series. I'd also love if they could include those slow, vocal versions of the songs like they did with Giraffe Blues at times (Freyja on the hill in episode 23). Seriously, I've been hoping for that version for Kaze wa Yokoku Naku Fuku (her solo vocal from episode 16) for a long time now.

I don't know if they'll do this or not; but it's what I'd like on the album.

I don't personally care for covers, honestly. If they do a cover of Lion, though, I'll be fine with it. Also, would love for a Mikumo cover of Diamond Crevasse (because she has the voice for it).

Reminder for you, Gravitas: Don't forget Freyja sings Seikan Hikou in episode 23. I don't know if it'll be on the album or not but it's the only song I remember which is not on the other albums at all.
Old 2016-11-19, 09:49   Link #232
KongaKonga

Quote:

More Walkure song!!! yay....hope it include new song too and dont forget freyja's ver of seikan hikou....Im always hoping for that..kinda disappointed 2nd album not include that...

Last edited by KongaKonga; 2016-11-19 at 10:32.
KongaKonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 13:22   Link #233
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
@Dextro and Gravitas Free Zone:
Personally, I'd love solos for a couple of songs, especially ones from the first half of the series. I'd also love if they could include those slow, vocal versions of the songs like they did with Giraffe Blues at times (Freyja on the hill in episode 23). Seriously, I've been hoping for that version for Kaze wa Yokoku Naku Fuku (her solo vocal from episode 16) for a long time now.

I don't know if they'll do this or not; but it's what I'd like on the album.

I don't personally care for covers, honestly. If they do a cover of Lion, though, I'll be fine with it. Also, would love for a Mikumo cover of Diamond Crevasse (because she has the voice for it).

Reminder for you, Gravitas: Don't forget Freyja sings Seikan Hikou in episode 23. I don't know if it'll be on the album or not but it's the only song I remember which is not on the other albums at all.
Mikumo's voice covering the May'n songs is kind of a cheat code imho. I'm pretty sure she could pull them off brilliantly
Old 2016-11-19, 16:07   Link #234
KongaKonga

Walkure Trap is also a gold disc now..glad the music side selling well... Bd also good 10k Average ...not that good for macross anime compare to Frontier..well its pretty decent sales for anime bd right now..

http://www.riaj.or.jp/f/data/cert/gd.html
Old 2016-11-20, 11:13   Link #235
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Mikumo's voice covering the May'n songs is kind of a cheat code imho. I'm pretty sure she could pull them off brilliantly
I don't think so. Not yet, anyway.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 14:57   Link #236
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Junna is pretty good, May'n was pretty great at her age too. I think she'd need the time to pull off the Sheryl stuff later in the series/movies, but she could, probably. What I'd looove is a couple of duets.
Old 2016-12-09, 08:12   Link #237
HirouKeimou

The track list for the new album is unveiled, as is its... cover (only bad piece of it so far).

Official site for the list.

Translated list:
1. Welcome! Walkure World (New Song)
2. Namidame bakuhatsu-on ~with Claire~
3. Seikan Hikou ~Freyja Ver.~
4. Bokura no Senjou ~Freyja solo~
5. Diamond Crevasse ~Mikumo Ver.~
6. Bokura no Senjou ~Mikumo solo~
7. GIRAFFE BLUES ~Kaname solo requiem~ (I believe this'll be the version from episode 11)
8. Warukyūre ga tomaranai (a.k.a. "Walkure Does Not Stop")

Quote:
would love for a Mikumo cover of Diamond Crevasse
Will be getting my wish here because Mikumo will have a solo for Diamond Crevasse.

There's numerous solos or individual versions on this album.

Kind of disappointed they're only doing solos for a majority of these and not doing ballads or new styles for the established songs...
Old 2016-12-09, 13:25   Link #238
KongaKonga

Seikan Hikou (Freyja ver)......So 2 new song huh well its announced as rare track album so I'm not surprise....Junna ver of Diamond Crevasse hermm...looking for forward to it
Old 2016-12-09, 13:56   Link #239
Dextro
He Without a Title

Seikan Hikou and Diamond Crevasse? Now there's something I'll pay money for. Hopefully santa brings some JP iTunes cards
Old 2016-12-11, 16:41   Link #240
triangler_fans1
MAMEGU fan

OMG! Diamond Crevasse by JUNNA.
I'm very happy!

MERRY CHRISTMAS XD
triangler_fans1 is offline   Reply With Quote