AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-11, 11:50   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Even if circumstances mean they won't be able to get together until most likely the end of the series (or rather, the manga), it is refreshing that the Duke and Alice confessed to each other this early.

The Duke really has it hard. He's isolated from society (but at least he has Alice and Rob, as well as his sister who occasionally visits) and he can't let animals near him in fear they might try to touch him. The fact he mentions the curse kills anything alive including humans implies he has accidentally killed someone before.

Alice's teasing is actually stressful sometimes. One small misstep and she could end up dead.

Viola seems like she's tsundere for her brother. She's totally dere for Rob though
Old 2021-07-11, 18:22   Link #22
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I can't help but feeling that Alice is the one who actually cursed him. Did you note how his sister said "this maid" rather than Alice?
The Duke and she are supposed to be childhood friends, and she grew up where his little sister lives, so yeah, even considering that she is a noble, her referring to Alice in such an extremely unfamiliar way seems really strange, to say the least.

Not to forget that even if you ignore the black fingernails (but just because his sister has them too), she is the only one there really looking like a witch.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-11, 20:37   Link #23
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Duke's sister is really something comes and goes like a tornado

Well if the butler would slow down a little maybe he wouldnt throw his back out
Old 2021-07-12, 07:04   Link #24
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, I was on the fence after the first episode, but after the second I'm here for the duration.

I suspect that lifting the curse is going to end up being one of those "Love's First Kiss" thingummies.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-12, 07:13   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I can't help but feeling that Alice is the one who actually cursed him. Did you note how his sister said "this maid" rather than Alice?
The Duke and she are supposed to be childhood friends, and she grew up where his little sister lives, so yeah, even considering that she is a noble, her referring to Alice in such an extremely unfamiliar way seems really strange, to say the least.

Not to forget that even if you ignore the black fingernails (but just because his sister has them too), she is the only one there really looking like a witch.
You're reading too much into it. Viola just tries to act haughty around everyone. Besides, we don't know how many years apart she and the Duke are. Maybe she was very young when the Duke left.
Old 2021-07-12, 08:19   Link #26
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You're reading too much into it. Viola just tries to act haughty around everyone. Besides, we don't know how many years apart she and the Duke are. Maybe she was very young when the Duke left.
Even so,Alice isn't with him that long, so she should know Alice since she was a small child too. Again, it seems rather strange.
People usually know the names of their Servants, and their children. Especially if they are live-in like Alice and her mother were inclined to be.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-07-13, 01:53   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm going to lean pretty strong on his sister not having cursed him. While there's conceivably a gain in terms of her status improving, she'd have to be putting on a pretty solid act at all times to hide her intentions. Heck if her attraction to Rob is as legit as it seems she'd only be hurting herself since the curse has kept Rob rather far away at all times.

Think the sister is a refreshing bit of energy added to things. Sure she can eat all the sweets she wants when visiting which is a bonus, but she's still going out of her way. As we saw with the visiting friend there aren't many that show up there willingly and less that aren't afraid for their lives. I have no doubt she does hope her brother can overcome this curse so he can come home. Can mess with a sibling most of the time and still love them.

Kind of nice conclusion to this episode. I'd expect to see him overcome this curse by season's end and will enjoy it when he does. Both him and Alice deserve some happiness.
Old 2021-07-13, 03:40   Link #28
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm going to lean pretty strong on his sister not having cursed him. While there's conceivably a gain in terms of her status improving, she'd have to be putting on a pretty solid act at all times to hide her intentions. Heck if her attraction to Rob is as legit as it seems she'd only be hurting herself since the curse has kept Rob rather far away at all times.

Think the sister is a refreshing bit of energy added to things. Sure she can eat all the sweets she wants when visiting which is a bonus, but she's still going out of her way. As we saw with the visiting friend there aren't many that show up there willingly and less that aren't afraid for their lives. I have no doubt she does hope her brother can overcome this curse so he can come home. Can mess with a sibling most of the time and still love them.

Kind of nice conclusion to this episode. I'd expect to see him overcome this curse by season's end and will enjoy it when he does. Both him and Alice deserve some happiness.
You misread something there. My Theory is that Alice(the Maid) is the
(yandere) witch.

Old 2021-07-13, 04:20   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
You misread something there. My Theory is that Alice(the Maid) is the
(yandere) witch.
Not a problem then. Because that theory is equally ridiculous.

Thanks though for pointing that out. My bad on the misunderstanding. Does nicely provide another silly theory to bring down. Alice not being recognized by the sister would be interesting if the old friend didn't immediately recognize her last episode. Even then the issue just comes down to whether she was familiar with Alice at all or at least if she was interested in her. Since she doesn't fall into the sister's strike zone of interest (sweets or old men) it wouldn't appear to be the case.

The interesting element sure is the shaky memory of the protagonist in terms of identifying the witch herself. But all it does is leave possibilities open, not point to any particular culprit. And it still has a logical purpose in terms of making it harder to hunt down said witch. Just because she can curse people doesn't mean she could handle an armed force coming to kill her. The one thing that was concretely remembered was a desire by the witch for him to suffer. Which doesn't exactly line up with Alice's personality. At that point you'd have to consider both the witch and Alice to be liars which makes any silly argument possible. Heck the witch could be Rob for all we know!

All it comes down to is that it would be an interesting twist. The maid's appearance....which looks like a maid is definitely not a factor pointing to her being a witch.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2021-07-13 at 04:35.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-13, 13:14   Link #30
Magewolf

Quote:
Not a problem then. Because that theory is equally ridiculous.

Thanks though for pointing that out. My bad on the misunderstanding. Does nicely provide another silly theory to bring down. Alice not being recognized by the sister would be interesting if the old friend didn't immediately recognize her last episode. Even then the issue just comes down to whether she was familiar with Alice at all or at least if she was interested in her. Since she doesn't fall into the sister's strike zone of interest (sweets or old men) it wouldn't appear to be the case.

The interesting element sure is the shaky memory of the protagonist in terms of identifying the witch herself. But all it does is leave possibilities open, not point to any particular culprit. And it still has a logical purpose in terms of making it harder to hunt down said witch. Just because she can curse people doesn't mean she could handle an armed force coming to kill her. The one thing that was concretely remembered was a desire by the witch for him to suffer. Which doesn't exactly line up with Alice's personality. At that point you'd have to consider both the witch and Alice to be liars which makes any silly argument possible. Heck the witch could be Rob for all we know!

All it comes down to is that it would be an interesting twist. The maid's appearance....which looks like a maid is definitely not a factor pointing to her being a witch.
Alice is not the witch,I think. But I am leaning towards her being related to the witch somehow. I wonder if the curse did not end up on the wrong person.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-18, 09:44   Link #31
Frontier

Duke knows how to play pool! Of course, Alice is just as an effective player and knows how to use her boobs and alluring voice to ascertain victory...but all she asks for is a wholesome festival date with her beloved Duke .

I love how Rob has a "Master Loves Alice" ribbon. Either he ships them himself or Alice actually made that .

The Duke and Alice looked great in their costumes! It was especially nice seeing Alice in a new dress and with her hair out .

It's nice to see the Duke was able to have a good time and even show off his music playing .

Is that woman in white the redhead girl in a bob in the Opening? She's voiced by Yoko Hikasa? And she knows Alice's mother? Does this somehow connect back to the witch .

I'm somehow not surprised that Alice is often nude in her little house outside the mansion nor that she wears g-string underwear. I guess the question is whether she also goes commando .

Alice is willing to die if it means getting a kiss from the man she loves, but of course the Duke won't go through with it, though the water falling from her face made it look like Alice let loose a single tear...unless that was a tear .
Old 2021-07-18, 17:02   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Looks like we got a hint at the bigger plot with that mysterious lady mistaking Alice for her mother. Maybe Alice's mother was the one who cast the curse?

Anyway, that was a pretty wholesome episode. To me this might be the best show this season, granted it doesn't have much competition. The Duke and Alice's dynamic is great.
Old 2021-07-18, 20:49   Link #33
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

While the Duke got hustled there but at less he had some fun in town with Alice
Old 2021-07-19, 11:36   Link #34
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:

An emo version of one maybe. She looks more like a lady in mourning than a maid.

Old 2021-07-19, 18:32   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Alice apparently likes dressing in black.

I was surprised she's living in some shack in the backyard. The Duke's mansion is big, you'd think she would have a room there.
Old 2021-07-19, 19:35   Link #36
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Alice apparently likes dressing in black.

I was surprised she's living in some shack in the backyard. The Duke's mansion is big, you'd think she would have a room there.
Spoiler for Not really a spoiler, but just in case...:
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-20, 07:22   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for Not really a spoiler, but just in case...:
I assumed as much, don't worry.
Old 2021-07-20, 21:12   Link #38
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
I assumed as much, don't worry.
A cottage in the woods ... Really witch like

That being said, I'm starting to get the idea Alice knows rather well how to break the curse.
Let me guess, no one actually tried whether the curse works on humans to begin with?

Old 2021-07-21, 18:09   Link #39
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Even if Alice ends up being a witch I don't think she's the one that cursed him. It would make little sense for her to have done so on purpose.
Old 2021-07-21, 18:58   Link #40
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

All this speculation is interesting but I hope you guys like reading, because at the pace it's going the anime is not even going to get to a quarter of the source material. And I would rate sequel chances at near zero.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote