AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-11-30, 14:55   Link #101
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

For episode 9, did they seriously just wholesale copy the Dort arc from Gundam IBO but tamer and much less eventful? I mean, side-protag met his never-mentioned-before brother in a transit city who turned out to be a spy for the enemy which he did for the good of his people? And then the both bothers bitterly go their separate ways? They couldn't make it even more obvious.

And no interesting fight or plot progression either. So yeah, not a fan of the last two episodes.
Old 2021-11-30, 16:40   Link #102
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
For episode 9, did they seriously just wholesale copy the Dort arc from Gundam IBO but tamer and much less eventful? I mean, side-protag met his never-mentioned-before brother in a transit city who turned out to be a spy for the enemy which he did for the good of his people? And then the both bothers bitterly go their separate ways? They couldn't make it even more obvious.
I don't know if it was IBO specifically, but as soon as that guy appeared, I thought "he's going to sell the good guys out." So yeah, nothing too original.

Quote:
And no interesting fight or plot progression either. So yeah, not a fan of the last two episodes.
I think this series just isn't very good at anything that isn't giant mechs fighting each other.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-30, 18:52   Link #103
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think this series just isn't very good at anything that isn't giant mechs fighting each other.
Pretty much. Unless there's nothing else on Mondays next season, I'll probably drop it.
Old 2021-12-03, 08:18   Link #104
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Man, German so reminds me of Lelouch (a bit) thanks to Jun Fukuyama.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-07, 09:30   Link #105
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Looks like Yatagarasu went to Tohoku straight.

And that flamboyant commander.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2021-12-07, 14:28   Link #106
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

And now we have ourselves a Garma-clone . Although it looks like they also mixed his personality with M'Quve this time.

Thankfully, the mecha battle is still great this episode. Good animation and the strategy is still relatively sound. Shion & her mech, Reiki, is not dumbed down and still a force to be reckoned with on air. But I'm more impressed with Alec who managed to hold his own fighting against three Mailes. He does have some skill after all. Interesting....

Apparently it took three AIs to hack AMAIM sensors and tricked the enemy with fake signals. And that's also with the help of the fog.

Side Note: After I watched the latest episode of 86 that used a lot of panning shots & corner-cutting, I've learnt to appreciate that we can actually see characters moving their lips & limbs in this show
Old 2021-12-07, 18:55   Link #107
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ah, the classic bumping into the enemy outside the battlefield next week. Really committed to ticking those boxes.
Old 2021-12-07, 19:50   Link #108
Chosen_Hero

How long until the "two characters on opposite sides gets stuck on an deserted island and end up bonding" episode?

Let's take bets on which character of the three main will be, I vote for the sourpuss on the blue Mailes, Gashin or whatever his name is.
Old 2021-12-10, 23:57   Link #109
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Ghost review:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Looks pretty cool.

And Jogan review in English:
YouTube

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2021-12-11 at 02:20.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-15, 07:24   Link #110
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Some interesting tidbit with the 11th episode with Hokkaido under the European military's jurisdiction with a Russian in charge.

There's some history for that part IMO.

Also got images of Japan divided by the foreign powers.

Spoiler for Size:

Old 2021-12-15, 08:47   Link #111
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Another downtime episode where the MC meets with his (maybe?) rival outside the battle which is always an amusing trope. But instead of comparing this with the moment where Char towed Amuro's car, this is more comparable with Graham meeting disguised-Setsuna for the first time (they also weren't really bitter enemies when they met) where Graham instantly figured out that Setsuna was not a plain civilian. Here, Brad instantly recognized Amou's voice like the competent man that he is and then casually shared his plan to catch Ghost to Amou. The "enemies in onsen together"-part really reminds me of the same event in Shaman King.

So yeah, even though this is a downtime episode, it has Brad still trying to hunt Ghost in it, so it's not bad. Brad always command the screen.
Old 2021-12-21, 23:36   Link #112
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Spoiler for Good night:

Old 2021-12-22, 00:35   Link #113
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Yu, don't use Spoiler tag when you post a bunch of big images. They will still load. Use the [/images] tag so that the page doesn't need to load your pics unless they are opened.
Old 2021-12-22, 08:39   Link #114
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'd forgotten to post

It wasn't even a bad episode, but this show is just boring.
Old 2021-12-22, 11:55   Link #115
Blaat

The show is at its best when its focused on low budget graham aker and the black AI. Every thing else it's just boring.
Old 2021-12-22, 14:19   Link #116
Magewolf

Apart from the mechs this show was made with the absolute minimum amount of effort possible. Story? Throw something together at random with no attempt at making it reasonable. Character development? Copy and paste it from other shows with no regard for how it all works together as a whole.

It is like they could only afford to pay the writers for a week so they had to come up with the concept and script all the episodes in a blind rush fueled by caffeine and speed.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-22, 15:11   Link #117
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yep. Right now, Brad's team, Ghost & the AIs are the main character-draws for me. And thankfully, this episode involves an all-out battle against Ghost which prevent it from being all-out boring.

But then it only becomes more obvious that the main conflict between the occupation army vs. the freedom fighters is so weak that a side-quest about a rogue AI AMAIM is enough to outshine it.

And the show also keep hitting us over the head with all the Japanese values and how pure & noble the Yatagarasu members & their Japanese allies are.

You know, back when the show was announced Frontier said that this show could've been a new Gundam but I said "no" coz a Gundam show's setting needs to be more well thought out. Gundam's main war series are never about one obvious nationalist good-guy faction against obvious oppressor bad-guy faction(s). There's more nuance to the Gundam conflicts. And no nation/faction in Gundam is ever being portrait as "struggling saints" or something akin to that. Every faction has their dark side.

Anyway, here are reviews of HG Reiki & Figure-rise Shion.

YouTube
YouTube

The mecha is fine, but I wish (& still hope) the pilot has more personality. So far, she is as flat as Sarah from Build Divers (written by the same writer of course).
Old 2021-12-22, 18:09   Link #118
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Apart from the mechs this show was made with the absolute minimum amount of effort possible. Story? Throw something together at random with no attempt at making it reasonable. Character development? Copy and paste it from other shows with no regard for how it all works together as a whole.

It is like they could only afford to pay the writers for a week so they had to come up with the concept and script all the episodes in a blind rush fueled by caffeine and speed.
Just here to enjoy the hand-drawn mecha fights.

..................And that's all. I'm starting to zone out whenever "story" happens.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-22, 19:39   Link #119
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thing is, this week's fight wasn't even well-drawn. They put all their efforts on Ghost and the rest of the mechs got the shaft.
Old 2021-12-22, 19:43   Link #120
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

@Obelisk

- Images I posted IMHO feel spoilerish in case people stumble here without watching the 12th episode.

——

I have a feeling that it’ll be like Gundam SEED. Meat of the world’s backstory will be known more before it ends.

Tags
mecha, sci fi