AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 47 Rating
Perfect 10 13 39.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 12.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 12.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 15.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 12.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.03%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-06, 15:12   Link #21
Nosauz

look all you have been doing for the past 2 weeks, is bitching about how the manga and the anime are differnt, you've done it in multiple threads, we get it. We know they are different, stop comparing the manga to the anime, they are two different entities, and when you look at from a technical aspect, a lot of the stuff is well done, the writing is weak some times but if your gonna criticize the episode, bring some proof, just saying it sucks doesn't do anything for discussion. Imo the episode was pretty good for the direction their going in, technically the episode looked smooth and well animated, the robot fight was over the top but still well done, and made some sense. Arachne + kishin is always good.
Old 2009-03-06, 16:22   Link #22
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
look all you have been doing for the past 2 weeks, is bitching about how the manga and the anime are differnt, you've done it in multiple threads, we get it.
In Iloxus's defense, he did give it a 7/10. But I agree that it's refreshing to see the anime taking a different path than the manga.

I honestly think that the manga is becoming more serious & typical shonen now and I somewhat prefer the anime retaining the silliness that attracted me to the series in the first place.
Old 2009-03-06, 17:17   Link #23
lmd_84

Watched subs, and noticed how the characters reacted to the robots. They don't seem to think it's serious either. Which is nice to see. Loved Shinigami losing patience with the 'spider' and trying to crush it regardless of who else was on the battlefield. The man has no restraint, apparently.

Nice touch of Asuza taking out Baba Yaga's canon and then using senrigan to seek out Asura. Once again, it was described as the "power of a Death Scythe", but there's no chance of us getting any specifics on the subject at this point. Appreciated seeing her, as one of Shinigami's Weapons, doing something in this battle.

Noted in the preview that, apparently, Shinigami apparently favours Stein's method of scythe-wielding; of course, we know he also doesn't need to rely on a Weapon to cause damage. Hope we see him and Spirit using Soul Resonance, and am curious about the title. I've seen it translated as "Shinigami and his Death Scythe" and also "The Death Scythe Shinigami had...". The second version confuses me, because it looks to be in the past tense. If so, then who are they referring to?

Could anyone clarify the 48 title for me, please?
Old 2009-03-06, 21:18   Link #24
OutSmart
Comic Relief

WIN!!!!

this episode was perfect.

First, we've got Mifune Vs Black star again, and it was awesome!!! I mean, I always said Black Star had more charisma than Maka and Soul, but now its just pathtic, he should be the main! HE follows his path, THE PATH OF GOD!! and you all saw it!!

The way i see it, Black Star became a God during this ep.

ep.47 part1: 10/10

OMG EIBONS MACHINE MAKES DREAMS COME TRUE!
AND
OMG THIS SERIES DIDNT LOST ITS HUMOUR!!!!

thank god... I was getting worried that the mood from the beggining of the series (wich made us all love the series) had been lost forever... but fear no more! It's back! and it's back on the form of an ubber lamme "mecha" fight sequence with the most hilarious mooves you could ever imagine!!

btw, you always wondered what a 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999 tons shimigami-chop would look like? Well, find out how with this ep.!

ep 47 part2 (final) 10/10

Overal Ep 47 (not an average): "IT'S OVER NINETHOUSAND!" out of 10!
Old 2009-03-06, 22:31   Link #25
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
The second version confuses me, because it looks to be in the past tense. If so, then who are they referring to?

Could anyone clarify the 48 title for me, please?
I think it's officially "The Death Scythe Shinigami had," and I have a prediction.

Spoiler for Just in case I turn out to be right!:
Old 2009-03-07, 04:41   Link #26
Iloxus

Okay, I have to say sorry for all my negative comments. As I already said before, these comments are greatly influenced by the manga version and so I feel a little akward about it. Though Nosauz is right and the past episodes were atleast a little entertaining, I was kid of proud, what anime Soul Eater was. It rose above many other series, which just made me happy *=D*...I know, even the producers didn´t took this episode serious, but isn´t it sad, that there are only so few episodes to follow? They don´t have much time, but still are messing around. Okay, I am looking forward to episode 48, because of the Shinigami vs Kishin fight. If they can and WILL bring those fabulous animations back, this fight WILL change my attidude toward this course of actions and I am quite sure I WILL ignore the minor stuffs ! So please, don´t fail me in this fight! GO SHINGAMI!
Old 2009-03-07, 06:59   Link #27
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
I think it's officially "The Death Scythe Shinigami had," and I have a prediction.

Spoiler for Just in case I turn out to be right!:
Well, there's no suggestion Weapons
Spoiler:

Thanks for clarifying the title.

@Ixolus - After having such a reaction and expectations for the series, I can see where you're coming from in your response to Bones' choices.
Old 2009-03-07, 08:10   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, i'm not surprised by some peoples comments regarding the later half of this episode, though i personally loved it. It was way over the top and awesome --- just what i'd expect from such a show. Good job their BONES.

& i also loved the conclusion to the Mifune and Black Star fight. Another yay towards a happy ending for Mifune and Angela. I hope we see Mifune teaching (maybe in the epilogue) before this show ends.

Epic episode 48 preview is epic. This is going to be one hell of an episode.
Old 2009-03-07, 21:31   Link #29
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

Okay. I have watched this episode and have only two things to say.

First: What.

Second: WHAT.
Old 2009-03-08, 02:08   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Guess the giant mech battle really depends on the person. When you go that crazy either it will be seen as awesome or dumb. They definitely went all out for the situation so respect that. Even though I didn't particularly like it.

Just couldn't get behind the end of the Black Star and Mifune fight. I mean just a cliche charge at each other and go for a final strike kind of thing. Did Tsubaki glowing red actually do anything? Did like Mifune surviving and being given the path of being a teacher. Working with a shady group, but he is a good guy at the core. Just felt there was less intensity than their second matchup.
Old 2009-03-08, 07:30   Link #31
lmd_84

That final clash makes me curious, the oft-seen strike to one's opponent while at a run. Is this just a anime...thing with these kinds of swords, or is it a genuine technique? It looked good, I'll give them that. Liked the minimal black and red style.

I agree that this lacked the intensity of the second fight. Also, I felt that Black Star's reasoning was far less established here than in the manga. Couldn't be helped at this stage, I guess, but it still felt noticeably lacking.

Following his own path was shown to be a decision that allowed Black Star victory, yet what does that mean in practice when the boy has spent much of the series convinced of his own godliness? Has he given up those dreams to meet those of the ones who died by Nakatsukasa's blade, or what?
Old 2009-03-08, 11:53   Link #32
gedymdetih

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
Following his own path was shown to be a decision that allowed Black Star victory, yet what does that mean in practice when the boy has spent much of the series convinced of his own godliness? Has he given up those dreams to meet those of the ones who died by Nakatsukasa's blade, or what?
I think he doesn't necessarily need to abandon his dreams to help Nakatsukasa and his/their victims. Isn't becoming (greater than) god only helping with that? Tsubaki's brother, by staying with him can perhaps somehow atone for his actions (and from my point of view atonement is what he needs, apart from getting rid of fear - in his case of being weak - something Black Star can surely help with), and Black Star can take a step to godhood by saving the souls of those who were slain and died with regrets.

Spoiler for As for the thoughts for the next episode::
Old 2009-03-08, 12:37   Link #33
lmd_84

Well, I think people will die, but I can't quite see it being Spirit. Shinigami, yes, but his Weapon too? Not sure.

It'd be really hard on Maka if she saves Crona, saves the world (the anime seems to be setting up for Maka to kill Asura herself...), only for her Papa to die, especially before they actually end up on speaking terms.

If Spirit ends up dead, the writers had better show a bit more of him, plus just what he and Shinigami are like as a team, as its not enough to just hear that they're strong. I'm hoping for some nice action in 48. Ooh, Shinigami-Spirit Soul Resonance, please, Bones? Even if it...breaks the city...

I see your point about Black Star and his dreams. I was questioning his motivation with Nakatsukasa due to my distaste for his insistence he's somehow 'more' than human.
Old 2009-03-08, 18:52   Link #34
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Lol, I just love excalibur now, his 'BA-ka' is just... epic. Like, I want to say that to anything someone says to me now, lol. If only excalibur came on the show and all it did was just that, he would be on of my favorite characters in sould eater. But then again, we already have seen more than just that side of his personality. BA-ka. I wonder what's the relationship between excalibur and shinigami and eibon. Maybe excalibur was/is actually a death scyth?

Back to the main story, it wasn't a bad episode at all. The mifune vs black star was rather disappointing though, with Black star going super saiyan (why couldn't he keep his golden aura?) and ending the fight with one attack. So, is black star like one of the strongest characters in soul eater now? I mean, Mifune is very strong in the series as it is (like how mifune was more than a watch for that zombie teacher, whatever his name is). And we haven't even seen the 'awakened' black star's full potential yet. Ehh... I feel black star is just way too overpowered now.

For the transformers, I surely loled there. I was so sure it was going to be more like a hovercraft, floating in air, not that weird looking robot. But still, it was kinda funny. And again, with Arachne, being so strong as she is, lets the Kisshin out of her hand so easily. Yea, she was shocked (I was shocked that she was shocked), but still, couldn't she have done something at that situation? Anyhow, I'm hoping for a good fight between kisshin and the shinigami, though that doesn't seem to be the case in the preview.

I'm guessing that the anime is not following the manga now, eh? I don't read the manga so I don't know but where did the anime stop following the manga?
Old 2009-03-08, 19:43   Link #35
Iron Maw
Banned

Around Ep 37, (Ch 35, or 36 in the manga).
Old 2009-03-08, 21:59   Link #36
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Wow, rather further back than I expected.
Thanks for the info.
Old 2009-03-09, 22:00   Link #37
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

I found this episode funny....castle vs city fight!
I guess Shini's deepest desire to move...seemed right.
Old 2009-03-09, 22:50   Link #38
AceD
See You En' Tee

Excalibur called Eibon a fool, that made the episode.
Old 2009-03-10, 16:27   Link #39
Aza-oniichan
~Blazing Red Eye~
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aza-oniichan
I wonder who will wield Excalibur in later episode..
Old 2009-03-10, 22:24   Link #40
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow. Tengen-Toppa-Soul-Eater.

That was...weird. Good weird or bad weird I don't know, but definitely batshit odd. Mifune as a mentor to Black Star was what I wanted all along, though their fight itself did seem rather anti-climactic. And as for all that giant robot stuff - I hardly know what to think. Was it a parody? Or a self-parody? Or deadly serious?
Closed Thread