AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-15, 18:49   Link #101
christinemarie
Crazy One

Konan killed through neck broken while bleeding is unforgivable. Women shouldn't be treated that way.

Since Kisame used a nasty trick to get away with the informations..

Either of these two might be a good continuation..
Spoiler for speculations for next chapter:
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 19:00   Link #102
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Konan killed through neck broken while bleeding is unforgivable. Women shouldn't be treated that way.
You can't have it both ways. Kishimoto gets reamed for not treating his female characters like warriors and more like housewives. Then when he let's them fight he gets criticized for having them die like ninja because that's too cruel for women? She died no worse than Asuma or Jiraiya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
It seems likely though... Apparently "the sage of 6 ways" did not refer to the six ways of pain as Nagato used the power, but to family clans it seems...
The uchiha, the senju, and now the uzumaki...

It's been said that the hyuga's eyes were related to the sharigan; we thought that was retconned out of existence as just meaningless speculation on kakashi's(or whoever it was that said it) part, but it could be the case that the hyuga's are the "forth way" being a distant relative of the uchiha... Which leaves two others, no clue who they might be... though we can only hope they won't be Kohona related; particularly not the namikaze (like we need Naruto to be even more special)

Who knows, if the Hyuga ARE the 4th way, then maybe Hinata will actually play a decent role...
man try saying that with a straight face
frankly i might be happy with Hanabi appearance
That snot nosed Udon kid has a better chance of being Hokage than the Hyuuga have of ever being relevant again. I gave up trying to see where the Hyuuga and Byakugan fit in. If Kishi doesn't care, why should we?

If you are not a Senju, Uchiha, or Uzumaki you are dog crap. Neji is somewhere off in a corner being right again.

And Konan is dead. Two reasons for her death here. First, because it gave Madara a major evil moment. How great was it when Konan started spouting out Naruto flower hippy crap and Madara just pwned her? Now that is an evil mofo. We badly needed that. The three orphans story is over since we saw the torch passed to Naruto who will setup a good version of Akatsuki with his friends.

Second, because that was her moment. Konan will never have a moment like this again. She blew her load with the 600 gazillion trillion mega godzillion paper bombs. She would only go downhill from here unless Kishi can make up a more ridiculous number next time. Nobody wants to be Choji or Neji who should have left on a high note. Even Gaara.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 19:05   Link #103
Slayerx

Quote:
Konan wasn't killed by broken neck... seemed more like Tobi mindraped her to death
Unless he did do something to her neck that would eventually kill her, and the mindraping was just to make her suffer before she finally craoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
How great was it when Konan started spouting out Naruto flower hippy crap and Madara just pwned her? Now that is an evil mofo. We badly needed that.
Yes, but how i wish it was Naruto getting that beat down instead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Just imagine how strong Naruto and Hanabi's child would be, she's already stronger than Hinata. That baby would be Anbu at age 2.
Becoming canon fodder at age 2 isn't much of achievement =p
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 19:14   Link #104
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

imo this is the easiest fight for madara as he didnt used any jutsu against Konan.Konan exhausted herself and let madara killed her lol.
Old 2010-09-15, 19:55   Link #105
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

Since Kisame used a nasty trick to get away with the informations..

Either of these two might be a good continuation..
Spoiler for speculations for next chapter:
her neck wasnt broken, where did you see this?
Old 2010-09-15, 20:08   Link #106
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:

Yes, but how i wish it was Naruto getting that beat down instead...

Madara is the only person who can stand up to Jesus opps i mean Naruto's Naruto-ism? Hes the anti-christ!
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 20:14   Link #107
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Madara is the only person who can stand up to Jesus opps i mean Naruto's Naruto-ism? Hes the anti-christ!
If this whole story has been an allusion to western religion (with some old east beliefs thrown in), I'm done.
Old 2010-09-15, 20:31   Link #108
tkdtiger

Quote:
It seems likely though... Apparently "the sage of 6 ways" did not refer to the six ways of pain as Nagato used the power, but to family clans it seems...
The uchiha, the senju, and now the uzumaki...

It's been said that the hyuga's eyes were related to the sharigan; we thought that was retconned out of existence as just meaningless speculation on kakashi's(or whoever it was that said it) part, but it could be the case that the hyuga's are the "forth way" being a distant relative of the uchiha... Which leaves two others, no clue who they might be... though we can only hope they won't be Kohona related; particularly not the namikaze (like we need Naruto to be even more special)

Who knows, if the Hyuga ARE the 4th way, then maybe Hinata will actually play a decent role...
man try saying that with a straight face
frankly i might be happy with Hanabi appearance
I agree. I want to add also that I think there more hints that the byakugan is in some way related to either the Rinnegan and the Sharingan or both and if that is the case than it makes sense that the Hyuga is related to one of the two. Not just by what Kakashi said in the beginning, but you have Jiraiya stating that the the Rinnegan is the strongest of the three eye techniques. Now I know that his statement doesn't nec. mean they're related, but you have look at it in the eyes of the author. Kakashi mentions that the sharingan "may" be related to the Byakugan, than you have Jiraiya comparing the three eye techniques, and than you have Madara mentioning that those with special eyes can read the tablet, but he says specifically that the sharingan and rinnegan are the eyes that can decipher it. This suggest that the byakugan can read the tablets, but cannot decipher them. This creates a relationship that is actually becoming more hard to deny and if that's the case and the three eye techniques are related than it makes sense that the Hyuga is somewhat related to Rikudou either through the Uchiha or the Senju.

On the other side of the coin. The Byakugan could indeed be related to the sharingan, but was created by a clan outside of the Rikudou family tree. Maybe a ninja stole a sharingan and/or the rinnegan itself and studied it, but could only get to a certain point with its experiment...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 21:05   Link #109
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Madara's Izanagi isn't that awesome, after all. Using it still cost him an eye. Of course, it's not really a problem since he's got billions (lolol) of them at home but that means he's not invincible.

As for Konan, it's unlikely she survived. Madara had no reason to spare her, and even clearly stated he would kill her as soon as she gave him the information he sought. It's a shame we never saw her without her cloak in the manga, that sketch in the databook looked pretty good.

PS: Nagato looked creepy with his eye open...
Yeah i agree about his izanagi. Particularly about his little bit about others with incomplete izanagis ie Danzou. whats the difference between his Izanagi and danzous? maybe because Konans bombs lasted 10 mins and he only used izanagi once might indicate that he can control perception time (like itachi could with his genjutsu).

Also i wonder how Madara obtained Harishimas powers, did he take some of his DNA like Danzou? And he mentioned that he won his fight against Harishima because if fought planning for the future... How did he know he was gonna live that long. And he still looks young what is his secret i wonder.

As for the other eye and the fact that he only had a 1 eye hole mask, I think that the other eye was one that was taken from another uchiha (one not from his blood line maybe) and he had the mask because he couldnt deactivate it. makes the most sense.

Also if madara transplanted the rinnegan into Nagato UZUMAKI then i wonder if that means that the rinnegan requires more chakra similar to danzou and kakashi using the sharingan.

I wonder something. The Uzumaki whirlpool village was destroyed so why did Nagatos parents move to another war torn village... They are fucked in the head and if they were from the whirlpool village wouldnt it be most likely that they were ninjas and not civilians like they were percieved to be earlier...

Oh the extra questions that have been opened up lol. Its like answer 1 question, open up 3 more questions.
Old 2010-09-15, 21:14   Link #110
Cael
Lurker Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
It was also interesting to see that Madara apparently has two perfectly normal Sharingan which makes me wonder why he keeps one covered up . Yeah, a two-eyed mask wouldn't be nearly as cool-looking but... there seems to be no other practical purpose than that. Though I guess it covers up when he loses an eye from Izanagi (sorry, if this has been brought up already haven't checked the last couple of pages)
The explanation that comes to mind comes from anime called Shura No Toki. The protagonist has one eye closed throughout the series. Everyone thinks he has a bad eye or is missing it. Only in the end, when he finds an opponent who is more than equal to him, does he open his closed eye. As if to say, none of his opponents were strong enough to require him to use both eyes. And by opening his eye that had been closed for so long, gives him a small power boost.

Or maybe by keeping one eye in darkness, allows him to better perform dimensional transfers. Who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
There are 3 Great Ocular bloodlines.

Uchiha, Hyuuga, and the Rinnegan.

That's 3 paths that the original Sage had. Next is the body - the ability to contain. Uzumaki -- and who else? There should be 2 more, I think. It'd make sense, no? 3 ocular and body bloodlines to make the perfect being.
Ocular - Rinnegan, Sharingan, Byukagan (I think Jiraiya confirmed these as the 3)
Body - Uzumaki, Senju, Akimichi (Runners up: Sarutobi, Kaguya, (Jiraiya's Clan if not related to the Senju or Uzumaki))
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 21:16   Link #111
Rahan

There is no way Konan is dead already. Like Kishi would kill her in such an irrelevant way when even Kisame was allowed to send a message.

Being stabbed hurt her and made her temple start to crumble. The genjutsu death did absolutely nothing. (at the end, you can see the papers that fell when she got stabbed and notice that there aren't any papers falling anymore)
If she dies (and she probably will), it will be in that flower bed alongside Nagato and Yahiko, not all alone out there. And I still think Madara won't get the Rinnegan.

Also for the paths, I believe it's a mistranslation.
Both scripts said Madara called himself the second coming of Rikudou (6 paths as in sage of the 6 paths) and Nagato the third, not that Madara had 2 out of the 6 paths and Nagato 3
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 21:28   Link #112
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
There is no way Konan is dead already. Like Kishi would kill her in such an irrelevant way when even Kisame was allowed to send a message.

Being stabbed hurt her and made her temple start to crumble. The genjutsu death did absolutely nothing. (at the end, you can see the papers that fell when she got stabbed and notice that there aren't any papers falling anymore)
If she dies (and she probably will), it will be in that flower bed alongside Nagato and Yahiko, not all alone out there. And I still think Madara won't get the Rinnegan.
I hope she isn't dead yet, I mean I know she will soon, at least even if she is though at least she got to put up a nice fight and able to say some words a Nagoto's behalf
Old 2010-09-15, 22:12   Link #113
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

i got a lot i want to say, but I'll just post a question instead...

are the spikes on the 10 tails (in this chapter) the same as on the gedo statue?

my bad if this has been debated/resolved already
Old 2010-09-15, 22:22   Link #114
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
You're right, because Konan has been so relevant to the story so far.
Old 2010-09-15, 22:41   Link #115
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

we're gonna need more trees
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 22:46   Link #116
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
-She can be VERY relevant to the plot now; she has tangled with the devil that wears a swirly mask. She also found out his big secret. Ergo, she can at least survive long enough to pass on that information to Konoha/Naruto.

-And damn you Kishimoto for creating this chapter. As much as I HATE Madara's guts and that he stabbed Konan, I cannot deny that this was an amazing chapter. Konan's plan, while silly in number and proportions, was ultimately a great idea and likely would have worked if it weren't for Madara's Deus Ex jutsu card. And Madara himself acted like a true villain, no longer even cracking the occasional joke. Hell, even Konan's seemingly final stand at forcing the rain to stop and proclaiming Naruto's significance (despite Madara's statements) was very touching.
Old 2010-09-15, 22:48   Link #117
Rahan

Quote:
Because Kisame was relevant ? He was just there for the sake of giving Gai a fanservice fight.

Kisame sent a message and died
Konan destroys the Rinnegan ( or sends a message (ST jutsu limits, Senju's abilities or whatever) and dies would be the equivalent ...

Last edited by Rahan; 2010-09-15 at 23:24.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 22:54   Link #118
Lunarskylar

well if you think about it, she built an ocean out of strips of origami paper
i think kishi was trying to apply logic the one time we least expected it

thwe dumb part though its that they only lasted 10 minutes, cuz with that many bombs, you would think it could last wayy longer
but i guess that's konan leaving no room for error

so props to her, ultra badass
Old 2010-09-15, 23:06   Link #119
defrule

Maybe Konan is in a coma from the mindraping, which Madara doesn't expect her to recovery from naturally?
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 23:13   Link #120
tkdtiger

I'm still questioning exactly what those 6 paths he is talking about...as good as this chapter was it seems to create even more questions...why we ever get a straight up answer lol
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion