AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-29, 22:00   Link #581
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I don't think it's that. Kagami came out and said that before and people went wtf, then the artist confirmed it again in that quoted article (they both don't really believe it lol), and now there's like an interview thingy @ animate with Kagami, the director, and the producer giving thanks for the support from fans ... yeah nobody get how this works, but most probable speculation is that the fans actually bought in store as opposed to ordering themselves. I don't think Kagami's the type to use troll tactics for sale so there should be some truth to this ...

In other words, Fujimi Shobo will continue to get screwed by ZEXCS who now thinks they did a good job. I will keep to my words too though and will forgive ZEXCS for everything they did to this series if a future character is animated correctly.
I would prefer not to believe that Kagami is the type to play to those kinds of tactics either, but I suppose any further speculation at this point is pretty much useless. We'll just have to wait for the official numbers to come out and see where to go from there.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 22:40   Link #582
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
I would prefer not to believe that Kagami is the type to play to those kinds of tactics either, but I suppose any further speculation at this point is pretty much useless. We'll just have to wait for the official numbers to come out and see where to go from there.
But that's the thing, I don't think they will ever release store sales record, which comes down to either you take their word for it or you don't. Unless they really decide to do season 2 in that case that would prove there are enough profits to gain from the series but I wouldn't know what to think they would do with the series by then ...
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 23:51   Link #583
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Megami NSFW:
Old 2011-08-30, 02:42   Link #584
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
But that's the thing, I don't think they will ever release store sales record, which comes down to either you take their word for it or you don't. Unless they really decide to do season 2 in that case that would prove there are enough profits to gain from the series but I wouldn't know what to think they would do with the series by then ...
Since when did ZEXCS do season 2s....
Old 2011-08-30, 11:36   Link #585
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Since when did ZEXCS do season 2s....
In the world-line that ItsuTen has good sales!!!! Haha.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 12:46   Link #586
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I didn't watch many ZEXCS-made shows, except for Omamori Himari, which was pretty good (if we don't count the ending...). Were their other work similar to Itsuka Tenma?
Old 2011-08-30, 16:09   Link #587
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
I'm a skeptic by nature, so I prefer facts over something as wavering a person's word any day of the week. In any case, let's ask ourselves this: Why did they go out of their way to proclaim that sales for a particular store chain were doing well when the actual sales records themselves might never be released? Rather curious, if nothing else.

Besides, why would there be such a difference between in-store ordering and online pre-orders if the series were doing well? This becomes even more confusing when you see that plenty of other anime series, many of them current and some from the previous season, all hold strong to their popularity in terms of their online rankings.

Am I to believe that Itsu-Ten's anime is an exception to this? Granted its 1st volume seemed to be doing a bit better in the past few days, but now it's steadily falling back to near 300th place sales-wise.

In any case, with respect to what facts are available to us, all this clamor that Itsu-Ten is doing well just doesn't seem to add up to me.

And with regards to what you said about a 2nd season, such a thing is a far-off dream to ZEXCS in its current state, Itsu-Ten or not. It would be very surprising to see such a thing.
Old 2011-08-30, 21:08   Link #588
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Nyantype
Old 2011-08-31, 19:55   Link #589
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

The perspective of Izumi's entire leg is weird...
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 11:38   Link #590
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I didn't watch many ZEXCS-made shows, except for Omamori Himari, which was pretty good (if we don't count the ending...). Were their other work similar to Itsuka Tenma?
Himari....? I suppose it was ok but like Itsuten and FA, it was far inferior to the manga....

The last good one they ever did IMO was H2O
Old 2011-09-01, 12:38   Link #591
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Himari....? I suppose it was ok but like Itsuten and FA, it was far inferior to the manga....

The last good one they ever did IMO was H2O
I'm not in any position to know what's happened with ZEXCS since H2O, but right now they need to stay away from plot-heavy stories and stick to what they're good at.

Take Macademi Wasshoi for example. Here's a series with virtually no plot whatsoever, but a decent watch with its humorous and amusing approach; granted you're going to need a bit of thick skin to watch through certain episodes (to those of you that have watched it, you know what I mean).

They've have plenty of chances to refine themselves with series such as Chrome Shelled Regios, Omamori Himari, and even our own Itsu-Ten, all of which feature an underlying an ever evolving plot, and it's just not working. They've had their chances and they just can't hack it.
Old 2011-09-02, 16:53   Link #592
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Kurosu likes love triangles. Since he said Haruka isn't an outsider does he know that she's possessed by that observer. They showed those 2 guys again this time trying to break the barrier, hopefully they introduce them soon. Izumi has grown on me, she's helpful. Stupid Taito practically threw Himea under the bus this time. Tough for her to hear Haruka confess to him.
Old 2011-09-03, 07:03   Link #593
ookamigirl

Himea feeling down since Haruka arrived.
Night games were pretty funny & interesting ^^ especially when Mirai was involved!
That sensei sure has a special personality. Guess one of his specialties is dropping hints & doubts. Himea vs Haruka for Taito! Now that is an interesting rivalry!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 00:17   Link #594
larethian

I may be late in posting this:
http://kadokawa-anime.jp/itsu-ten/news/post-72.php
http://www.jpcul.jp/articles/view/2575.html

but I'm so looking forward to seeing 団子女王(Dango Queen) and 昼寝王 (Afternoon Nap King) after all this while.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 14:29   Link #595
ookamigirl

Episode 10

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 21:08   Link #596
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Kurosu is as strong as always. Nice teamwork by Gekkou at the end. Poor Himea she had to sacrifice herself. Well at least the observer will be gone from Haruka. Wonder how Taito will rescue Himea.
Old 2011-09-09, 23:11   Link #597
larethian

Haha, ahhaha. I don't understand what this brand new series is about anymore. They should have just made it original right from episode 1. I'll just look forward to seeing Ferris again in the crossover.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 23:14   Link #598
Zodiamaster

The damsel in distress needs to be rescued again.

Oh hell I never saw that one coming, so unexpected it would have never occured to me...

Why didn't they just make an OVA? Instead of making a 1X episode series with an incredibly repetitious plot.

Seeing Himea once again chained up and in need of rescue made me feel I was watching the time loop arc of the second season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Last edited by Zodiamaster; 2011-09-09 at 23:28.
Zodiamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 08:37   Link #599
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Kurosu is as strong as always. Nice teamwork by Gekkou at the end. Poor Himea she had to sacrifice herself. Well at least the observer will be gone from Haruka. Wonder how Taito will rescue Himea.
Whut whut whut.....nevermind....don't watch for 3 weeks while you enjoy Hantsuki and this is what happens....
Old 2011-09-10, 10:09   Link #600
cristichan

xD I like this anime, but is always the same:
Himea: Nooooo! Taito
Taito: I'll protect you Himea
Lol, i prefer gekkou and mirai and i think they are best couple than Taito and Himea -w-
Also it seems to be that it does not follow the novel, so normal that many people drop this anime xD
cristichan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen