AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-22, 04:40   Link #921
jwai

Is it just me, or are most of the infantry weapons acquired through plans not particularly great?
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 09:11   Link #922
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Is it just me, or are most of the infantry weapons acquired through plans not particularly great?
Some are awesome, some stink, and a bunch are useful in specific situations. Like there are plan weapons that increase the number of shots for gunners with only a 1 or 2 point vs Pssnl penalty. Totally worth it. Then there's some of the Warpicks that give higher chance of status effects, but halve vs Pssnl and vs Armr. Not worth it.

I find them hit and miss.
Old 2010-09-22, 15:10   Link #923
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Beat the game, I have to say the mission requirements between story chapters really wore me thin, and the plot spacing was inconsistent.

But otherwise a great game. Waiting for January to get VK3
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 22:21   Link #924
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
OK I just got to September, and I think things went way too fast with the plot at that particular point.

Spoiler:

August's main story mission was a real pain in the arse though. I ended up losing about 2 guys (freaking lost Avan on turn 1 because I tried to hide him but that didn't work against Dirk) and the tank doing that mission, although I did manage to hold out for the 8 turns, repeatedly using Nichol as Sniper and the tank in a fire brigade role, switching between camps trying to stop the V2 rush.

I gotta admit, Nichol is pretty good as Sniper...
My only problem with that mission was running out of time before I killed everyone

Avan spawned infront of Dirk, so what I did was have him retreat and then put him infront of my first base camp in the middle of the streets and houses. I'd then move my tank around to headshot V2s and take out the supply vehicles.

Surprisingly, Light Tank B with the Cptd Armor + Gatling turret was highly effetive - so long as I faced the V2s from the front, they couldn't scratch my Armor, and by landing consistent headshots with the main gun, I could one-shot them. For Snipers, I had to use repeated headshots, so what I tried to do in the fairground area was to have Colleen act as a mortar and mortar groups of V2s standing together, then use Nichol and Melissa to snipe them.

And yes, Nichol works out quite well as a sniper.

I actually managed to take out Dirk. Didn't do much for my mission since I spent abuot 6 turns soaking up the V2s and blunting their advance, then slowly seizing base camps and moving forward... I like pincer attacks too much for my own good, I think.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 02:29   Link #925
jwai

Where do I find the Captured parts to fit my tank?
Old 2010-09-23, 12:23   Link #926
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

No Idea - I basically ran through Jan-March missions killing everything I saw until I got it

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 13:05   Link #927
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Where do I find the Captured parts to fit my tank?
Killing aces. Naggie (Light tank ace) will net you Captured AA Gatling, Matz (Heavy tank ace) will get you Captured Utility B2. Both have powerful main guns (1200 and 1210 vs. armor, respectively), and pinpoint accurate long-range machine guns.

EDIT: Captured turrets also tend to be lighter than your production counterparts, and have a much higher damage output. I can mount Capt. Ut. B2 on the Medium Tank hull, and leave space for spare parts and shoulder parts (making it Heavy Tank A in all but name).
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 17:42   Link #928
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Best version will be released on December 9th, with some nice new extras.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...kyria2_budget/
Old 2010-09-24, 18:01   Link #929
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Best version will be released on December 9th, with some nice new extras.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...kyria2_budget/
Damn, wish I could get that here in europe...
Old 2010-09-27, 06:06   Link #930
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Finally fired up VC2. Just finished the entrance exam mission.

It took me a bit of thinking to get the A-Rank. My initial Avon rush ended in failure when he met the Shocktrooper at the final flag.

A retry with nothing but Zeri got the job done though and racked up a few kills.

The different zone feature is an interesting addition and brings an even greater tactical element to the game.

I'll keep playing in the morning, I need to finish Code Geass... D=

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 08:08   Link #931
jwai

I've actually gotten somewhat burnt out by VC2. After like 50 hours of intense playing in every spare hour, I've kinda given up on trying to get everything. Now I'm just trying to get through to the end (I'm in October at the moment). Even now, I have to keep fighting the temptation to just start over to do things more slowly.

- I noticed earlier this evening that Lavinia has a series of events to unlock (was wondering what Wounded Heart was about). What do you need to do with her to unlock those?

- I still haven't figured out what the hell I need to do to get the Engineer class potentials.

- Oddly enough, Lancers are decent shots at range. One of the Roendahl Canyon missions was such that I couldn't get the tank into position (blocked by river) to shoot a V2, so I ended up using Lancers.

- What's the easiest way to take on Cannon Towers? It's harder to hit the radiator on those things, and they deal a lot of damage.
Old 2010-09-27, 09:46   Link #932
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I've actually gotten somewhat burnt out by VC2. After like 50 hours of intense playing in every spare hour, I've kinda given up on trying to get everything. Now I'm just trying to get through to the end (I'm in October at the moment). Even now, I have to keep fighting the temptation to just start over to do things more slowly.
I had the same thing happen to me. I'm rushing to the finish now. (December right now for me)... that is, I would be if CivV didn't just come out.

Quote:
- I noticed earlier this evening that Lavinia has a series of events to unlock (was wondering what Wounded Heart was about). What do you need to do with her to unlock those?
Does she? I haven't had any indication that she had stuff to be done... but maybe. Maybe it has to do with upgrading your tank? I know someone in this thread would have unlocked a scene if it was through use of the tank (and I think it would have been you, honestly).

Quote:
- I still haven't figured out what the hell I need to do to get the Engineer class potentials.
Things to try include healing other people, healing the tank, (if Medic) reviving, and (if Musician) buffing/debuffing.

I need to know what Mischlitt's Fencer Potential is; she's been a Fencer forever.

Quote:
- Oddly enough, Lancers are decent shots at range. One of the Roendahl Canyon missions was such that I couldn't get the tank into position (blocked by river) to shoot a V2, so I ended up using Lancers.
Depends on the weapon, but I think in general Lancers are better shots than they were in VC1. I know that they've made some pretty stupidly lucky shots on me that in VC1 would have never happened.

As for V2's, anybody but Scouts and Engineers do fine against them once their Supply is cut off.

Quote:
- What's the easiest way to take on Cannon Towers? It's harder to hit the radiator on those things, and they deal a lot of damage.
Lancers that are FAR AWAY, and flanking. If you mess up, you can switch to the Lancer on the other side and hit the radiator from there. If you need something done near them, Armor Techs can get pretty close without death. Never tried to use one to actually take it out. Maybe they'd be good at it? Particularly Maulers? Something to try.

Cannon Towers are &*(#^%es though; I avoid them if at all possible.
Old 2010-09-27, 09:56   Link #933
Runty

Quote:

Lavinia's scenes require you to beat the game first.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 11:21   Link #934
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Cannon Towers are &*(#^%es though; I avoid them if at all possible.
Actually, captured A-Armor turrets, due to the sheer amount of damage they do, can make very short work of cannon towers. Same with A-Armor Spec (though, that requires that you give up the semi-valuble Coaxial Gatling and mortar.) Personally, I use the captured A-Armor utility, which can knock down a considerable portion of the tower's health. Coupled with the Imperial or Enemy Ace paint job, it can basically wipe the floor with cannon towers.

Otherwise, Lancers and AT snipers (if you have them) work wonders.

EDIT: None of you would happen to know which ace I need to kill in order to get Heavy and Medium Tank(s) C, would you? Or is that an enemy-only hull?
Old 2010-09-27, 11:39   Link #935
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
Actually, captured A-Armor turrets, due to the sheer amount of damage they do, can make very short work of cannon towers. Same with A-Armor Spec (though, that requires that you give up the semi-valuble Coaxial Gatling and mortar.) Personally, I use the captured A-Armor utility, which can knock down a considerable portion of the tower's health. Coupled with the Imperial or Enemy Ace paint job, it can basically wipe the floor with cannon towers.

Otherwise, Lancers and AT snipers (if you have them) work wonders.

EDIT: None of you would happen to know which ace I need to kill in order to get Heavy and Medium Tank(s) C, would you? Or is that an enemy-only hull?
Still, my best case success against them is about 3 CP, and there are often other good options at that price... without the risk that I miss.

I have not, in fact, found those hulls, but I haven't looked hard in the October and later timeframe.
Old 2010-09-27, 13:16   Link #936
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Still, my best case success against them is about 3 CP, and there are often other good options at that price... without the risk that I miss.
Well, the thing about captured turrets is that they're pinpoint accurate - they rival your AT Snipers in accuracy, kid you not. I've gotten hits with my "National Army Tank" (Medium Tank A + Catured AA Gatling 1; basically an Uber Panzer III that I use for lulz) on crouching mortarmen from halfway across an area. Coupled with the mentioned paint jobs (or with the correct sticker), you should be doing damage well over 1220 vs Armor. Go back to the first time you face off against Naggie (in March, I think), kill her, and that will net you her turret. Since you can easily mount it on Light Tank B, you should be able to kill Cannon Towers with one CP.

Also note that Captured AA Gatling 1 can one-shot, if not cripple, most enemy vehicles. If it could be mounted on an APC, it would probably be the most epic turret in the game.

Quote:
I have not, in fact, found those hulls, but I haven't looked hard in the October and later timeframe.
I doubt you'd have faced off against that ace yet. Seeing as how I've beat the game and haven't found them (though I've been farming Aces in hopes of getting their bits and peices).
Old 2010-09-28, 07:26   Link #937
jwai

Looks like I'm the resident tank addict here. "Cute. I can take you on!" usually heralds good things

The October chapter mission wasn't as hard as I imagined.

Spoiler:

If you're supposed to heal and revive people to get the Engineer potentials, I imagine I'm in for a very long grinding. I have very rarely needed to heal. I find that simply retreating a squad member and waiting a turn to deploy them again completely heals them if I find myself low on HP and exposed. Works with the tank too.

I got the turret plans for the Captured turret, but I haven't managed to have the option open to build it. Lemme guess, it's all the way at the end of the game itself?
Old 2010-09-28, 08:49   Link #938
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
If you're supposed to heal and revive people to get the Engineer potentials, I imagine I'm in for a very long grinding. I have very rarely needed to heal. I find that simply retreating a squad member and waiting a turn to deploy them again completely heals them if I find myself low on HP and exposed. Works with the tank too.
Sure, but what if you need them to be out from a base, or use interception fire between turns?

I can check my engineers and see what potentials they have (I've only really gotten a decent amount of Cossette's, though), if you want. All you have to do is create a situation a couple times that gives the potential the opportunity to go off, and keep morale high as that increases the chance of potentials.
Old 2010-09-28, 10:47   Link #939
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
I got the turret plans for the Captured turret, but I haven't managed to have the option open to build it. Lemme guess, it's all the way at the end of the game itself?
No, no no. You don't build the turret, it should simply appear in the turret list (it's a salvaged turret.)
Old 2010-09-28, 16:12   Link #940
jwai

Quote:
Sure, but what if you need them to be out from a base, or use interception fire between turns?
Don't overextend, and get behind cover of some sort. Once I've taken out everything other than Scouts, Shocktroopers or Engineers, there is very little that can take out someone behind cover in one turn, and then not get smashed by the counterattack.

Even without cover, upgrading the suits often means that you don't all that much damage.

Basically, you mostly need not defend much against the enemy you've practically mown down the turn before. Usually a Gunner at a camp does the trick.