Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-02-10, 23:55   Link #1
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Undead Unluck

Quote:
As an UNLUCKY girl prepares to face her death, an UNDEAD who desperately wants to die appears before her! Vicious, violent and buck naked! An unprecedented picaresque hero appears in Shonen Jump!
Newest WSJ manga.
Chainsawman writing tier, unpredictable and funny...so far is good the theme of manga remind you with UQ Holder another manga with immortal and supernatural gimmicks
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 01:35   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Is the author from Chainsawman?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 01:57   Link #3
wuhugm
Confused Shark

The other cover is MC grabbing heroine's boob?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 03:07   Link #4
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Is the author from Chainsawman?
They are different person, i don't know if this author has connection to Fujimoto though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
The other cover is MC grabbing heroine's boob?
Yeah, he is not Hetare. He is grown up MC who even attempted to rape the heroine but since this is WSJ don't ever expect he will bang her for real or on screen?
Old 2020-02-11, 06:51   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I prefer he will be like Johnny Bravo, got smashed to pieces when it comes to intimate session.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-16, 20:45   Link #6
James Rye

I liked the focus on the female lead in this chapter. It told us what her theme will be for this series: Change. She is a shut-in, somebody who never loved or could be loved the past years after her parents death because everyone who touched her suffered misfortune. And she suffered as well and was in constant fear of causing suffering. So it was really nice to see her accepting the chance that has represented (or rather pushed into her life without accepting no for an answer) her to finally change her life for the better. To travel, see the world (like I didn't knew that Baikal was the oldest freshwater lake of the world!), make new friends, experience new situations (preferably not the deadly kind ones) and who knows, find happiness for herself.

Also Andy's five-point-landing was hardcore, yikes! Gina's design is pretty sweet and I love her power moment when she walked onto the lake and then floated into the air leaving a huge water cap in the lake.

Also isn't this a really bad opponent? Andy did lost to her 50 years ago after all. Can they really kill her to open up the 2nd spot of the round table?
Old 2020-02-16, 23:09   Link #7
James Rye

Oh, I forgot an important thing:

Did anyone notice that the Earth's nightsky of UxU is really missing the STARS???

Like holy crap, that is HUGE and it was just said and shown in a sorta sideline way! The whole "what are those sparkles around the moon?" or "there is only the moon and sun in the sky, right?" and "I learned that in school." like damn! They don't even have the word "Stars" to describe sparkles in the sky. That means humanity has never seen a star, meaning stuff like astronomy doesn't exist and travels by water must have been way harder in the past due there being no guiding star. Ofc this means an UN-power is responsible for that but I wonder what kinda power can do that and for what reason?
Old 2020-02-17, 11:41   Link #8
Lex79

I'm liking this series so far. The premises are interesting, the male protagonist is strong and determined, the heroine is cute, has a nice personality, big breasts. I'm curious to see if the author will really put the protagonists in a morally ambiguous position as hunters or if in the end they'll choose a different path.
Oh, I hope in the end Undead will stay "alive", I'll be sad if he does,even if he wishes for it.
Old 2020-02-22, 14:47   Link #9
James Rye

Chapter 6 is out.

Gina is quite creepy but then again she is a 66 year old woman trying hard to stay eternal 16. That and ofc ripping off the face of the guy she likes and trying to kiss the "Death Mask"...

Love how Andy interrupted her monologue with some hand grenades. XDDD

Shame about the friends being all dead but since he was on the run of the past 40 years and the ten years before that a lab rat I think he meant WWI or WWII Russian comrades so it's no wonder they are all dead by now.

Gina's goal is clear though, kill lil Lucky and have Andy take the Seat of Void. Interesting mention of a "Quota", guess this means as Union Negator you need you bring in a certain Quota or else you get replaced by someone who can. If that is killing UMAs then I don't think Izumo got it in herself to willingly kill people.

Also cool how Andy realized Gina's real ability to change the state in the Air. Like she didn't walk on water but on the solidified air on the water. And she didn't telesomething the water up but an "air bowl" containing the water. Which also explains the water running down the invisible stairs as she created air stairs for herself to walk down. So those hands we see covered in Andy's blood aren't blood hands but air hands made visible with the blood rain.

I am curious to see how Andy thinks that Izumo's Unluck can bring the chance he needs to take Gina down. For now he got his head in her boobs so that's one thing for some Unluck I guess. xD
Old 2020-02-22, 20:42   Link #10
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Question

I am slightly bothered with Gina fang she would be more cuter without that, i am speaking from my own personal preference.
Old 2020-03-02, 10:15   Link #11
James Rye

I like how Andy had to figure out Gina's Barrier weakness using his blood as marker till he found the tiny hole she needs to walk on. As well as how he figured out a way of using the hole though he could have never done that on his own. A 2nd party was needed for that sword flip and head throw and ofc the Unluck that gets unleashed after touching her boobs and stomach for so long. I am glad this series at least gives us a good reason why Andy needs to feel Izumo's boobs on his body as otherwise her curse would not work. Given all his cool talk and how long Izumo had to endure this embarassment I figure that Unluck gonna be a real whacker and will probably involve the UFO.
Also interesting that Gina mentioned another UMA in this region she was looking for, probably a friend/future partner of Andy and Izumo?
Old 2020-03-02, 10:48   Link #12
Lex79

The author is doing a good job in incorporating the peculiarities of the two protagonists into the fights, I hope he'll manage to keep doing so in fresh ways as the series progress and the power creep will inevitably start kicking in.
Old 2020-03-09, 05:46   Link #13
James Rye

Great idea how to bypass that impenetrable barrier of Gina! Have the now by Unluck cursed Andy get close to Gina and then Unluck will work its magic to ensure the cursed will always be hit by it and since nothing hard can pass it, it needs to be light-based so the UFO magically malfunctions even ignoring the shut-down order because Izumo's Unluck negation power trumps every safety system in the world! Damn her power is strong! Except its obvious weakness of touching and caring about somebody to set off a necessary amount of Unluck.

I really liked the end of Gina.
It was very sweet with a tinge of bitterness and a good dose of sadness. I also liked how the people who killed her were also the ones who most cared about her and who mourned her, each their own way. I really liked how things didn't got spelled out like "I am so bitter because..." or "this is so sad because..." or "I am so happy because..." and instead the reader could witness those emotions in Gina's speech and Izumo's and Andy's actions. Gina talking how she was unable to change while admitting that change itself is good or saying "A moon surrounded by sparkles - I never even thought of that!" shows her regrets of her past life, she was basically that lone moon in the night sky, she never changed, she didn't dare to change and now when her life is at its end she can appreciate the thought of changing and it is too late. And then there comes Andy, ignoring her plea to be left in peace and die alone in her old ugliness and he gives her that kiss she wanted so much in her life after telling her that he can still see her beauty despite a few wrinkles on it. The way she cling to his neck for that kiss despite now being an old hag and no longer a young 16 year old girl she wanted to eternally be before her hands fall off Andy when she died showed the reader that she herself wanted that kiss, in other words, in the last moments of her life she did change! She could have kept refusing it, she did try to refuse it "no, not while I look like this...". but then changed her mind and did kiss Andy anyway. And that was very sweet.
And sad.

Yeah, it was a good emotional part of the chapter.
The ending with the "sick" bottoms up of their vodka shots after "greeting" their fellow Union comrades with some finger bullets was "sick, hella sick", it was super cool, Izumo and Andy are here to drink alcohol and break the rules and they are all out of alcohol now!!! <3
I can't wait to see what all the "Un-" powers of the other 8 members are, what the Union rules and quota entails and how the others will react to Izumo and Andy wanting to change the Union which has run this way for more than 50 years.

I hope the first volume will sell a good amount next month. It already seems to set itself apart from Zipman, which is about to end soonish, and GotW that just feels so... lifeless. Those two were supposed to be the "action" competition besides UxU in the newbie category, with Yozakura supposedly being a romcom and Mitama, Mashle and Agravity Boys being more comedy/gag manga. If UxU can sell the same amount of more than Yozakura, it gonna be safe for sure for a couple years. That it is supposed to sell a month earlier than intended due "high demand" is a good sign already. Let's hope that continues.
Old 2020-03-15, 14:41   Link #14
James Rye

Spoiler for Spoiler ch.9 in case you haven't read it yet:

Honestly from the 5 newbies I think UxU is clearly competent and honestly a pretty fun read.

The exposition is not invasive, the MC is very competent without being straight up broken, the power system is interesting, there is good variety and the fights are fairly clever instead of just being super straightforward "MY POWER IS STRONGER THAN YOUR POWER", which is what a lot of newbies end up going with. It isn't surprising in the slightest that it carved up an audience as shown that its ch. 8 got first place in the JPN Twitter impression:

Spoiler for JPN Impression Poll:

JPN IMPRESSIONS WJ15

1 Undead Unluck
2 My Hero Academia
3 We Never Learn
4 Jujutsu Kaisen
5 Chainsawman
6 ACT-AGE
7 Haikyu
8 Kimetsu No Yaiba
9 Mitama
10 Dr Stone
11 Agravity
12 Yuna
13 Black Clover
14 TPN
15 Yozakura
16 One Piece
17 Samurai 8
18 MASHLE
19 Guardian
20 ZIPMAN
Old 2020-03-16, 01:52   Link #15
Lex79

So it turns out that
Spoiler for ch 9:
Old 2020-03-16, 09:49   Link #16
James Rye

Well Andy already sabotaged the Union by taking on the quest the Union wanted to take on the least because it offered the least worthwhile rewards while carrying the biggest risks. Ofc biggest risks sounds awesome to Andy so he gave no crap about what the Union wanted and everything what he wanted, even going as far a recruiting Shen for their mission, so he cannot do the quest the Union wanted him to do. I'd say that is plenty of sabotage for one day already. XD
Old 2020-03-22, 16:09   Link #17
James Rye

Mui is such a sweetheart with how earnestly she asked Izumo for helping her Master. I wonder when Izumo will be confident enough to no longer call herself useless...
Also if that little "touched cheek by accident" created a magma explosion then she must like Andy quite a lot already. Just how much of a pushover can you be, Izumo? "At least put some clothes on, for society's sake!" was my fav line this chapter. XD
I liked the banter between Andy and Shen, for two people who tried to kill each other not so long ago, you'd expect some tense air or resentment but both were cool and relaxed and making fun of each other, very bro-like. The whole chapter gave me "a weird crazy family feeling" with Billy cleaning Tatiana's robot suit, the prof blasting a laser through the base and the boss-woman rubbing her fingers together when a plan worked. Like I thought there would be arguments regarding Andy blasting apart their plan on how to deal with those quests but they just went with it. Despite the fact that just two of their members died and got replaced by the ones who killed them they handled this very used to and professional (except Tatiana's burst-out vs Andy ofc).
That broken neck looked quite nasty but Andy just used it as a rocket headbutt. Nice! XD
Glad to see Izumo being more proactive, babysteps, girl, babysteps, no need to get hurt too badly. <3
First time I have ever seen pissed off clothes, lol, Andy's arrogance even drives an UMA up the wall. XDDD
Next chapter, NEW YORK! To freedom and thick burgers! 8D
Man, I am glad that UxU is also handling it well on that little japanese twitter poll. I hope the sales next month are still very good even despite the Corona crisis.
Old 2020-03-24, 19:19   Link #18
James Rye

The JPN twitter poll knows again a clear winner:

1. Undead Unluck
2. My Hero Academia
3. Act Age
4. One Piece
5. Chainsaw Man
6. Haikyuu
7. Agravity Boys
8. Jujutsu Kaisen
9. Mission Yozakura Family
10. We Never Learn
11. The Promised Neverland
12. Mashle
13. Mitama Security
14. Kimetsu no Yaiba
15. Dr. Stone
16. Black Clover
17. Samurai 8
18. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
19. Zipman
20. Guardian of the Witch
Old 2020-03-25, 02:52   Link #19
Lex79

Good news.
Old 2020-03-25, 19:39   Link #20
James Rye

Let's hope the good news translate in good sales in April. Hope Corona doesn't affect the sales too badly.