AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2020-09-17, 20:43   Link #21
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
let's hope we don't wait ten years for this one. Ff 15 story was crap unless you see the movie and YouTube clips.
I don't defend XV's awful fundamentals, but I loved the aesthetic, ideas, and what they tried to accomplish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Then place your bets. Is MC hunted after failing to protect Joshua and wants to avenge him? Or has he decided that dominants are a danger and he now tries to kill the person he once swore to protect?
I never got the impression he was being hunted. It looked like after whatever happened to Joshua, he ended up some sort of exploited minority. Based on the trailer alone, I suspect he wants to kill Joshua to put him out of his misery. But obviously there are key pieces we're missing so I suspect there was some sort of specific antagonist who was behind Joshua turning into the Eikon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
You must've hated IX then.
Never played it. FF never interested me until the PS3 and as a kid I had a high standard for graphics, which was where XIII came in.
Old 2020-09-17, 21:54   Link #22
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I never got the impression he was being hunted.
I meant to type "haunted" as in filled with regret for letting Joshua come to harm.

Looking at the MC's elemental attacks he uses fire and summons Phoenix's wings since before the time skip, so one can guess that those abilities are given to him for being Joshua's guardian, kind of like the Kingsglaive from FFXV.

Post time skip, in addition to Phoenix's fire wings, we see him use rock fists, most likely Titan's power, and what looks like a wind-based claws or talons, maybe from Garuda.

The way he seems to go around getting elemental powers is giving me some serious Lion Turtles/Avatar Wan vibes.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-18, 00:54   Link #23
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Yey! No more cutely handsome as protagonist!
Old 2020-09-18, 02:54   Link #24
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
You must've hated IX then.
At least by the look of trailer, 16's world design and art aesthetic is far far far inferior to FF9.
Linblum is an artistic masterpiece, as well as the Cleyra Settlement.
And I have yet to find a dungeon to out beautiful Desert Empress or Ipsen's Heritage from any other FF games.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-18, 13:04   Link #25
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
I was never a big fan of the overly European medieval aesthetic like XIV. I prefer a sort of sci-fi fantasy like XIII or the modern royalty like XV. But I guess this wasn't too surprising considering the producer is the same guy that saved XIV.
Understandable considering you started with XIII.

I started with VII, then back to I, II, til XV;
A part of me glad XVI seems using realistic medieval Europe; nice break after XIII, Type0 and XV settings. Don't expect it will be something like IX without SE decided to go with cartoon-ish design to allow similar aesthetics

The talk about design and settings made me wonder how they will develop the settings instead, usually first trailer come with 'the weird stuffs' such as Versus / XV 'technology gap' between faction, here it looks like a normal medieval RPG with Chocobo and a DMC-ish combat flow compare to FF VII Remake
Old 2020-09-18, 17:11   Link #26
cyberdemon

I wonder if the gray haired girl will be one of the party members. She seems close to the mc and Joshua.

Looking at the trailer again, I’m pretty sure the guy that was killed, the one whose blood spilt on Joshua, is the mc’s father. In the 2 scenes I saw him, he looks like the mc with the tattoo. This makes me sure Joshua’s shield and tattoo are the same person. He’s probably a Knight in training who went on to hunt dominants after what happened to Joshua.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2020-09-18 at 17:49.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-18, 20:49   Link #27
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I wonder if the gray haired girl will be one of the party members. She seems close to the mc and Joshua.
A lot of people are theorizing that she is going to end up being Shiva's Dominant. Probably because they referred to the Dominant as a "girl", indicating that she is fairly young.
Old 2020-09-18, 21:09   Link #28
cyberdemon

I wonder if they will bring back romance to this game. I really liked the romance from the early ps era ff games.

Quote:
A lot of people are theorizing that she is going to end up being Shiva's Dominant. Probably because they referred to the Dominant as a "girl", indicating that she is fairly young.
That would be interesting. Would really show the effects of what happened to Joshua affected those around him. Shield seems to be hunting dominants. She becomes a dominant. Creates a good set up for future party members. They’ll probably all be dominants for different Eikons
Old 2020-09-19, 17:10   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Never played it. FF never interested me until the PS3 and as a kid I had a high standard for graphics, which was where XIII came in.
Previous FF had great graphics though, especially X which was really impressive at the time.
Old 2020-09-19, 17:21   Link #30
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Previous FF had great graphics though, especially X which was really impressive at the time.
True, but it was XIII that my Toys R Us was advertising at the time.
Old 2020-09-19, 19:13   Link #31
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
True, but it was XIII that my Toys R Us was advertising at the time.
So that says to me it's an age thing, like you weren't old enough when IX came out. Which is fine.

But, yeah, IX was extremely Old Europe in setting. Just with, ya know, furries....

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-19, 20:41   Link #32
Galaxian

So apparently some of t he voice lines in the Japanese trailer are different. In particular, the line while Ifrit is ripping something apart is "please stop, he's my younger brother!"
Old 2020-09-20, 15:25   Link #33
cyberdemon

Quote:
So apparently some of t he voice lines in the Japanese trailer are different. In particular, the line while Ifrit is ripping something apart is "please stop, he's my younger brother!"
That could just be that while he has awareness, he can’t control Ifrit
Old 2020-09-20, 18:12   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Watched the Japanese trailer, and the final line is worded differently too. The MC doesn't say "I will definitely kill you" but "I will definitely kill him/her".
Old 2020-09-20, 23:55   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Fingers crossed this is a nice bounce back for Final Fantasy. Been a while since I felt like they really nailed it.

Trailer was nice though .
Old 2020-09-21, 02:21   Link #36
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Final Fantasy has been "nailing it" for the past seven years, albeit in the online space with Final Fantasy XIV. It's arguably one of the best triple-A MMORPGs on the market right now, with a story that is at least on a par with some of the more memorable Final Fantasy titles of yesteryear. It's only a shame that so many players won't give it a try just because it's an MMORPG.

At this point, the FFXIV community is both hopeful and anxious about what it means to have Yoshi-P involved in FFXVI. Here's hoping that he can pull-off for a single-player Final Fantasy what he has done for FFXIV. But at the same time, we hope it doesn't distract his business unit from working on the future expansions for FFXIV.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-21, 11:19   Link #37
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
But, yeah, IX was extremely Old Europe in setting. Just with, ya know, furries....
And trains, steam-powered ships, robot factories and stuff.

I was never sold on IX, and I was unlucky enough to taste XIV during its boring years, but for what it's worth, I genuinely enjoyed XV and recognize the effort that went into XIII-2 and XIII-3, even if they're still bad games by my standards.

As for this one...it feels too much like an extension of XV, another noble guard and crystal powers story. Hopefully, we'll get a full story this time around, and not only the character development.

On the matter of the whole project: while I'm not actively following the scene, I believe that FFXIV has been the best MMO in the market for quite a few years now, and IIRC it has a subscription model and a healthy player base, meaning it's pretty profitable, so I doubt the team behind it would change their priorities for FFXVI. I'm more of the mind that the game will just generate hype like FFXIII did back in the day, and we only realized its mediocrity a few weeks after release - although I still hope this one is, at the very least, a fun game to play.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-21, 17:14   Link #38
cyberdemon

13 is my least favorite but only because I hated the battle system. The whole game over when the leader dies was annoying and caused me no end to frustration. Made no sense either since the are plenty of back up characters or 2 others in the group who could Rez them. Other than that I enjoyed the story.

14 is just awesome. Love it. Wasn’t there for the 1.0 era though.

15 was just wasted potential though. Too much was hidden behind dlc that has to be played separately from the main game. We didn’t get to really see the world after the time skip or it’s characters. Story otherwise was fine.

Yoshi p can tell a great story based on what he’s done with 14. I’m just hoping to see more of an open wold. I am impressed with what has been shown in the trailer.
Old 2020-09-21, 19:47   Link #39
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I actually liked XIII. Big Lightning fan. When I found out acing the final boss got you the Lightning background for your PS3, that became my entire goal for the game. lol Also thought the battle system was fine. Really liked the strategy behind changing the paradigms.

I haven't played an FF since the first XIII. This may have to be my return.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-21, 21:42   Link #40
cyberdemon

Quote:
I actually liked XIII. Big Lightning fan. When I found out acing the final boss got you the Lightning background for your PS3, that became my entire goal for the game. lol Also thought the battle system was fine. Really liked the strategy behind changing the paradigms.

I haven't played an FF since the first XIII. This may have to be my return.
the leader game over aspect of it was what made the game annoying to me. Otherwise it was a good game. Paradigms were interesting but too inflexible. They should've added options where the party members could revive the leader.. Or give the options of alternative paradigms so you can switch up when the leader goes down.

Tags
ps5, rpg