Notices

Old 2013-11-06, 11:17   Link #961
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Mmmmmm..... Nano Curry.
Old 2013-11-06, 11:28   Link #962
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Konguo is the do-er type in the manga and takes her job seriously. She doesn't procrastinate, she doesn't stay back and cook up elaborate schemes. She is confident in her own abilities, disciplined and highly respected among her ranks. (and is she British? XD) The anime has yet to show this one way or another.

Just hope that curry is not cooked personally by Konguo-sama, else you better eat all of it.

Last edited by Tim yy; 2013-11-06 at 22:12.
Tim yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 11:36   Link #963
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^Is that an injoke about Kongou's VA Yukana, who also voiced Cecilia Alcott from Infinite Stratos, whose is a terrible cook?
Old 2013-11-06, 14:28   Link #964
AC-Phoenix
Detective

^
The original fast battleship Kongou was built in the UK due to a treaty, as someone remarked soon after the first 'Kongou's tearoom' scene

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 16:52   Link #965
Tenzen12

... I am absolutely sure I saw Kongou with chief hat on one omake page. Now is everything clear

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-11-06 at 17:03.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 20:12   Link #966
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Actually, wasn't the red curry joke something from Akagi instead?

*ducks bricks thrown by fellow KanColle players*
Old 2013-11-06, 21:28   Link #967
SeaDoor

Liking this series way more than I expected. Hope they are able to keep this production up all the way through. A few thoughts so far...

Kirishima is going to be hard to take seriously now that she's a teddy bear. After listening to her laugh and teasing Haruna, I wonder did her model pick up a sense of humor? Her faceplant during the tea meeting with Kongou was very funny.

Considering the end of the last episode, I hope that Haruna has some remaining defensive and offensive capabilities. Appears they will be needing them.

Iona's continuing to say "I don't know" to questions. Each time she does sounds increasingly ominous.

Oh please don't relegate my favorite heavy cruiser to comic relief. She deserves better!
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 03:46   Link #968
D-Joe

Welp

Spoiler for Ep 6-10 preview:
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 03:48   Link #969
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
Welp

*snips image*
Welp, it looks like episode 10 will have 400 and 402 attacking the Blue Fleet. Yeah, there's your answer about 2501's participation!
Old 2013-11-07, 14:42   Link #970
D-Joe

And ep 6 preview pictures

D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 00:49   Link #971
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Spoiler for No No No no....no says Maya:
Tim yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 04:54   Link #972
gaiar31

Thank you Picture From CV.Uchiyama Yumi (Kirishima) to Blue Steel Fan.

Spoiler:

Last edited by gaiar31; 2013-11-08 at 22:28.
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 16:18   Link #973
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Here's a characters/seiyuus page for this show, with pics of 14 characters and their voice actors, and a bit of info about each voice actor.

Uchiyama Yumi (Kirishima) is just getting better and better. She's had lots of work this year. I'm very impressed with her as the teacher/baseball scout in Diamond no Ace.

Yamamura Hibiku (Haruna) is the singer "hibiku," and sings the ED as part of Trident (with Numakura Manami and Fuchigami Mai). Fuchigami Mai herself is quite good as Iona. Probably better than she is as Petralka in Outbreak Company.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 00:32   Link #974
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar31 View Post
Spoiler:
- Kirishima can't get any more 3D that that!

Also, my local hobby shop just got a 1/350 I-400 Submarine kit (The WWII one, not the Arpeggio one) in. The guys remarked: "When did you get interested in ships and subs?" When I found I was staring at it for more than three minutes.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 03:17   Link #975
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I didn't think I liked this show, but watching eps 3-5 has convinced me otherwise. It's a strange way of getting a bunch of cute girls to star in your story, but it works. The image of Iona sitting there like a little child with her legs so pliably folded back, impassively running the ship, is strangely mythical.

I liked it in ep5 that the humans played second-fiddle, and the mental models and another artificial being were the main subject. Come to think of it, the mental models have been at centre stage the whole way through.

Why is it so easy to identify with artificial beings? Has our integration with computers, phones, etc., carried us further in that direction ourselves? This humanization of artificial beings, and their confusion over human feelings, goes right back to Mary Shelley's original Frankenstein, two hundred years ago. But maybe we are further along on that road now.
I like episode 5 for the exact same reason, the fascinating focus on the mental models. However, I believe you underestimate just how human these metal models are. Its the same fascination people had with Data from Star Trek, using a proxy "robot" to exam human emotion and what exactly it means to be human.

People might think pure random chaos is alien to a human mind but in truth pure logic is just as alien. As anyone whos tried to program a computer can tell you, trying to think in the rigid logic of a computer is rather exhausting and not a natural way to think for a human. The mental models display reasoning and emotional skill that already make the more human like then they are clearly willing to admit.

I think that was the whole point of giving mental model technology to the fog. It is a human technology after all. Theres hope now for turning more Fog ships to the human side of this bizarre war. We still have no clue whats the purpose of this war is, if there even is one.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 06:44   Link #976
gaiar31

Fanart

Spoiler:
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 10:56   Link #977
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
And ep 6 preview pictures

-snip-
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2013-11-09, 16:06   Link #978
Tenzen12

Good! finaly something that didn't got ommited!
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 08:23   Link #979
whitecloud

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Takao and Takao
Old 2013-11-10, 13:06   Link #980
EroKing

Tags
action-adventure, alternate history, battleships, cgi, military science fiction