AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-06-08, 00:31   Link #1121
Betteroffer

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4994784/..._Geass_Megiddo

The next chapter of Megiddo (which I did not write) is out.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 05:27   Link #1122
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4994784/..._Geass_Megiddo

The next chapter of Megiddo (which I did not write) is out.
I wish it was just a little longer. Oh well. It was a very good read. Hopefully we will get artwork of the Zero Armor. Hopefully we will get a line up of Zero Squad as well.

Impeccably well written and I especially enjoyed a certain part of it. (I doubt some people did though.)

Thank you betteroffer.

Spoiler for ::
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:28   Link #1123
Betteroffer

I recall on the wiki page that the Zero armor is supposed to heavily resemble the Zero outfit from Nightmare of Nunally.

My concern with the chapter is that Lelouch telling Kallen to kill him if he goes evil is OOC, given his obsession with living by his own strength. The idea that he would place such an order on Kallen flys in the face of this, as he is putting responsibility for his own conduct onto another person, as well as having them act as a form of control over him. When C.C. tried this in the first season, he threatened to blow his own head off. Further, he seemed to regard himself as evil anyway and he certainly already performed several acts that can be called "evil" beyond the "necessary evil" of killing in wartime.

Also, while there are clear disimilarities, then attack as a whole feels reminiscent of what Kusakabe did in Kawaguchi since its main purpose is to announce that the Japanese are still alive, and at the time, Lelouch seemd to decry such posturing.

Still, it will be interesting to see how the BK avoid getting Okinawa set upon in retaliation for this, given that announcing themselves to the world as such will put a lot more scrutiny on Japan and the genearl area to track them down.
Old 2010-06-09, 13:34   Link #1124
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
My concern with the chapter is that Lelouch telling Kallen to kill him if he goes evil is OOC, given his obsession with living by his own strength. The idea that he would place such an order on Kallen flys in the face of this, as he is putting responsibility for his own conduct onto another person, as well as having them act as a form of control over him. When C.C. tried this in the first season, he threatened to blow his own head off. Further, he seemed to regard himself as evil anyway and he certainly already performed several acts that can be called "evil" beyond the "necessary evil" of killing in wartime.
its a blatent ripoff of FMA, when Roy tells Hawkeye the same thing
"i trust you to watch my back, and i trust you to kill me if i stray"
Old 2010-06-09, 14:14   Link #1125
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
its a blatent ripoff of FMA, when Roy tells Hawkeye the same thing
"i trust you to watch my back, and i trust you to kill me if i stray"
Well, the author mentioned that those two were his base for Kallen and Lelouch's interactions, but I think that they were both much too reserved to be effective comparissons for emotional people like Kallen and Lelouch (Roy's incident with Envy not withstanding).

In any case, my issue isn't whether or not similar practices have been used in other stories (nothing is original anymore as they say), but whether or not the order itself is contrary to one of Lelouch's core traits as a character.
Old 2010-06-16, 02:23   Link #1126
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
A fanfiction I did on request for Roloko vi Britannia. Before you go reading it I want you to know how absolutely horrible it is.

I honestly think I could have done a whole lot better, but c'est la vie. I'd appreciate no critique on this one since I know the outcome.

Note: This is Roloko's perfect geass world. Shirley doesn't exist.

Warning: Rai appears twice.

Open at ye own peril. :| Dear God in heaven, give me strength.

Spoiler for Fanfiction for Roloko vi Britannia:
dawww how sweet Ar I loved it especially where Nunally heard Rolo's heartbeat thank you for taking you time making this for me *sniff* pfft Rivalz forced to crossdress again

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 01:39   Link #1127
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Public humiliation round 2.

Thanks to me drawing that picture (and the fact I have 100 themes to do over the summer, with OCs or not.) I apparently wrote these two one-shots on my laptop. Just now registered they were here.
(What do you mean I never deleted them?)

So, Rai and Roloko ahead. Steer clear if you don't like bizarre and emo crack.
Arbitres, I apologize in advance for butchering Rai. Roloko, I apologize in advance for butchering the female version of Rolo that replaces him in these.

Spoiler for 31. Flower:

And one more:

Spoiler for 11. Memory:

I'm pretty sure these are time stamped to like... 3AM... No wonder they're so horrible.
Old 2010-06-30, 18:09   Link #1128
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Lost Soldiers, Chapter 23

Prelude to the big fight as I promised. Story will probably end after the next chapter and (at least) a half.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 09:11   Link #1129
Cal-Reflector

Code Geass: Lelouch of Britannia
Chapter 25 Title: Killing with Kindness
Words: 9,752
Chapter Summary: A bit of history; the terrorists attack; Lelouch joins the hunt; Suzaku tracks Kallen down.

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3816236/25/
Old 2010-07-08, 02:23   Link #1130
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

While I work on batching some stories together (and by that I mean I need to write more. And by writing more I mean I need more love songs.) I'm posting this here until I figure out what to do on Fanfiction so I can stop spamming you guys.

Rai X Roloko. Sorry for butchery, because I feel this one is subpar to the last two I did.

Spoiler for 61. Fairy Tale:
Old 2010-07-12, 21:30   Link #1131
Betteroffer

The Sum Of Our Choices has updated. An excellent story on par with Megiddo and Lelouch of Britannia, at least in my opinion, and a particularly excellent chapter that gives nods to several canon incidents and themes, though the opening scene may be difficult for some.

KaLulu fans will rejoice especially hard.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4586845/...of_Our_Choices
Old 2010-07-12, 21:45   Link #1132
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I just skimmed over it and my eyes landed on the Rolo/Kaguya part aww I liked that it was sweet especially where Rolo was crying in her lap *sniff and looks over at everybody* I'm not crying I swear I'm not D;

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 12:59   Link #1133
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Lost Soldiers, Chapter 24

A big fight awaits, an immortal army wears down the heroes, a showdown between two soldiers and betrayal coming from within.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 12:33   Link #1134
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Cal reflector posted his latest chapter of Lelouch of Britannia.
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 22:45   Link #1135
Cal-Reflector

Mixed reactions to the previous chapter, between "Awesome!" and "Geass is not Geass without Lelouch as Zero."

Also, responses to the last several chapters: "Yeah, Kalulu!" and "Ugh, too much Kallen."

Just goes to show that everyone reads for different reasons.

I'm thinking of writing something for Bismarck, the Knight of One. I am fascinated by the fact that he and Marianne were Knights of the Round before Charles was Emperor, and prevailed from the bloody War of Succession (before there were KMFs) when their KOR colleagues did not.

I'm curious about how he came to acquire his Geass, and what sort of relationship he had with Marianne that would lead to his last words being her name. I may write this as a oneshot or as part of Lelouch of Britannia, but that would mean putting it off for a long, long time, and I recally am itching to write this.
Old 2010-07-29, 23:24   Link #1136
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
I'm thinking of writing something for Bismarck, the Knight of One. I am fascinated by the fact that he and Marianne were Knights of the Round before Charles was Emperor, and prevailed from the bloody War of Succession (before there were KMFs) when their KOR colleagues did not.

I'm curious about how he came to acquire his Geass, and what sort of relationship he had with Marianne that would lead to his last words being her name. I may write this as a oneshot or as part of Lelouch of Britannia, but that would mean putting it off for a long, long time, and I recally am itching to write this.
Well, you could write a draft for it in your spare time (the spare time you have aside from writing next chapter) and then come back and use it later. Just a suggestion.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 04:13   Link #1137
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Mixed reactions to the previous chapter, between "Awesome!" and "Geass is not Geass without Lelouch as Zero."

Also, responses to the last several chapters: "Yeah, Kalulu!" and "Ugh, too much Kallen."

I would imagine his relationship as one out of respect for her piloting skills and potential romantic interests prior to becoming Knight of One and Marianne becoming Charles' consort.
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 18:40   Link #1138
Kittenlady

Quote:

I know I'm ridiculously biased, but I'm still totally rooting for MillyXLelouch as far as pairings go. I wouldn't stop reading or anything stupid like that if you went with something else, but I'd be a little disappointed. I think it's the best set up so far in your story, and there's tons of LelouchXSuzaku/C.C./Kallen/Shirley/Rolo fics around already. In that order of popularity, I think. It's lovely to see something different from the norm, even if I do love most of those pairings.

And yes! Do it do it do it do it. There's such little things written in depth about the side characters (LIKE MILLY. Just sayin') in comparison to the main four, which is just such a shame when there's so much potential there. I'm more interested in Marianne, if I'm honest, but I know I'd definitely read (and probably love) whatever you did with Bismarck. I had no idea that they were already knights before Charles became Emperor, I'm interested now. I've always loved the 'royalty' parts of CG.

You realise you've made me ship MarianneXBismarck now, of course.

Last edited by Kittenlady; 2010-07-31 at 19:34. Reason: i can has grammar
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 19:33   Link #1139
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
You realise you've now made me ship MarianneXBismark now, of course
It's a sexy ship. But yeah, too much kalulu kills the atmosphere for me. Beyond that, loved the chapter. Can't wait for KMF battle. Gawd, the stuff in Africa was awesome.

Spoiler for Spoiler for Lelouch of Britannia:
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 19:57   Link #1140
Kittenlady

I've always been interested in C.C.'s part in all that, too. I mean, she did kind of think of Marianne as a proper friend (well, that's the impression I got). Considering what a fuss was made of Marianne being of common birth, you can bet she used that geass of hers to climb her way up a little. Generally I think Bismarck got his geass from V.V. since C.C. likes to stick with the people she makes contracts with, while V.V. generally didn't give a fuck. So since C.C. was probably Marianne's shadow at the time, I wonder what her relationship with Bismarck and Charles was like. And how Charles, C.C. and Marianne met (guessing he already knew Bismarck) in the first place...

So many possibilities~

Also MarianneXC.C.XBismarck fuck yeah.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, discussion