AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-10-23, 09:17   Link #121
yankky5

^ unless your a test pilot willing to test flight equipment that weighs a ton and has no backup if something goes wrong then yes I can use the Iron man idea through a contract as long as i dont die in the process
Old 2012-10-23, 09:21   Link #122
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Again, I better live in a remote, tiny island in the southern Indian Ocean with few vegetation and livestock... that"s good for me...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 09:38   Link #123
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankky5 View Post
Who knows americans have always been known to value the lives their soldiers. Try to find another example that has no relation with the american mind set, I mean the zuikaku is japanese designed(kinda) and built not american
Actually, Macy was British Army, not American. The British leadership mindset is also less autocratic than the Japanese mindset: as a friend of my family told me (retired Royal Navy Captain), the way the British look at things is that units work better is the officers and men share mutual respect for each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
At least you have a slight chance in a TSF to outrun Tank-class and Soldier-class mobs if you want to run away.
Well, yeah, but you're fucked anyways since there's no way a pilot on foot, presumably wounded, would be able to escape and evade a BETA horde.

Which, when looked in that light, makes sense that survival supplies are so scanty: pilots generally don't live long enough to need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Again, I better live in a remote, tiny island in the southern Indian Ocean with few vegetation and livestock... that"s good for me...
Law of averages mean sooner or later BETA are gonna come swimming to your island to say hello and invite you to dinner.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 10:13   Link #124
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

TSFs have a system called the Type 87 Exoskeleton, which is actually the pilot seat, ejected after the TSF is deemed useless. Its used for quick escapes far away from the main battle. However, normally the TSFs take too much damage or are surrounded by BETA by the time they should eject, that the system is rarely used.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That said, a crow bar, a shotgun, and a pistol with at least one bullet serves as sufficient supplies if I have to bail out in an urban area. Crow-chan for the damn cockpit when it gets stuck, shotgun for any running warrior class or stealthing soldier class, and the pistol for me. Food and Water as supplied by reinforced suit for 72 hours is enough for me.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 10:16   Link #125
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Law of averages mean sooner or later BETA are gonna come swimming to your island to say hello and invite you to dinner.
My house won't be too extravagant to caught attention from the mainland... 1000kms away...
Old 2012-10-23, 10:21   Link #126
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
My house won't be too extravagant to caught attention from the mainland... 1000kms away...
If you consider that BETA can travel up to 170km/h, thats just about next door to them...

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-10-23, 10:25   Link #127
Gundamx

To survive in world without ps3, xbox, psp,3ds,PC..... How can you do that?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 10:27   Link #128
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Even GameGuy never existed. Anyway, in the words of a bratty savior, they have the best Giant Robo Simulator evar!

Old 2012-10-23, 10:28   Link #129
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post

That's okay. There's the TSF, JIVES, and war with the Beta. The battle will be as real as it can get if you like action/fps games. Only this time, there is no save point or respawn option. It'll be exciting, I'm sure of it. Since I live in the states, I'll end up in a Super Hornet which is fine, but preferably, I want a Typhoon since Takemi is out of my league. My lucky best friend however will end up in one...
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 10:29   Link #130
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
If you consider that BETA can travel up to 170km/h, thats just about next door to them...
Underwater?.... My island is so tiny in the middle of the Indian Ocean with a size of 1 sq km only, they even bother to eat me????....
Old 2012-10-23, 10:33   Link #131
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Underwater?.... My island is so tiny in the middle of the Indian Ocean with a size of 1 sq km only, they even bother to eat me????....
Filipinos are loved by everyone. They'll come after you, mate. =D
Old 2012-10-23, 10:37   Link #132
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Filipinos are loved by everyone. They'll come after you, mate. =D
That wouldn't make me happier!!!!
Old 2012-10-23, 10:45   Link #133
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That wouldn't make me happier!!!!
Really? I'd welcome them with open arms as long as its these guys. Abandoned island and alone with them... Oh, the things I would do. =D

Images
code 991

Tea party! Yeah.
Old 2012-10-23, 10:52   Link #134
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Really? I'd welcome them with open arms as long as its these guys. Abandoned island and alone with them... Oh, the things I would do. =D

Images
code 991

Tea party! Yeah.
No you will not... I'll eat them like chicken legs!!!!

Images
Old 2012-10-24, 16:44   Link #135
dmaxzero

I wonder if BETAs are edible. Should be, they eat humans and mostly everything, so they must taste like pork probably. In a sense, after a long battle there should be enough food lying around to feed a town for weeks.

"Waiter! Some fried crispy bbq sauce BETA legs please, with some fries and some soda ASAP! Am starving!"

NOMNOMNOMNOM
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 20:53   Link #136
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
I wonder if BETAs are edible. Should be, they eat humans and mostly everything, so they must taste like pork probably. In a sense, after a long battle there should be enough food lying around to feed a town for weeks.

"Waiter! Some fried crispy bbq sauce BETA legs please, with some fries and some soda ASAP! Am starving!"

NOMNOMNOMNOM
Ya suuurreeeee

Muscle fiber of a humongous alien beast that probably weigh hundreds of ton and also capable of moving up to 140kmph is going to be ridiculously tough to eat,even if it's edible.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 00:11   Link #137
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Ya suuurreeeee

Muscle fiber of a humongous alien beast that probably weigh hundreds of ton and also capable of moving up to 140kmph is going to be ridiculously tough to eat,even if it's edible.
What about the smaller ones? Or Laser-class?

For testing purposes, you could prepare a meal of them to be served to death row inmates before green-lighting BETA meat for general consumption.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 00:55   Link #138
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
What about the smaller ones? Or Laser-class?

For testing purposes, you could prepare a meal of them to be served to death row inmates before green-lighting BETA meat for general consumption.
Enjoy your Fortified Orange Juice then.
http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Fortified_Orange_Juice

The Muv Luv world has food processors which are factories churning out artificial protein, since foodstock cannot be grown naturally where the BETA have been. It is not stated where the source of the raw protein comes from.

The one time in The Day After that the Japanese empire managed to build a Food Processor Plant which created good tasting food, a war was fought over it... That's how shit the world is.

Old 2012-10-25, 01:04   Link #139
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Sounds like my kind of scene.

Time to get violent for vegetables!!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 01:19   Link #140
Timsel

"- By the way, Walter, you know that joke?- Irisdine spoke in a level tone, as if she hadn't noticed the enemy at all and was asking about the weather.
- Which one?
- Someone sends a question to the Berlin radio: are the BETA edible at all?
- ...And?
- They answer: of course not. Unless you're British.
Several muffled laughs could be heard in the comms. The dreadfulness of the rations distributed to the British army, stationed in the DDR under UN command, was legendary even among East German personnel, and Walter chuckled appreciatively:
- Yes, and there's so many of them here... we should export them to the islanders, they'd probably thank us.
- Right, - so first, let's turn those over there into paste."
Timsel is offline   Reply With Quote