AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-11-03, 05:03   Link #6681
Akiraa
rc

These days the shitpost is going wild, huh? Anyway, I've reread the beginning of kumoko and remembered how I could like a series where the protagonist carries the story, loo for a similar story I've found one that's basically a rip off (though the tittle rips off tensei) hebi tensei.

While being a poor-man kumoko in the beginning, it was really enjoyable until the end of the first arc (chapter 30ish, btw the chapter are long), then it just goes full downhill from there and in the moments where I got to see a glimpse why I had enjoyment on the beginning, the author just goes on a chapter on her hobbies and shit, sigh.

@魔王になったので、ダンジョン造って人外娘とほのぼのする - In this world dungeons are living creatures (core) and everyone wants to hunt them, as a mechanism of defence they summon a individual and reconstruct them as maou and if the core is destroyed, the maou die too, so they are in a symbiotic relationship. As you guessed, the mc is summoned right after he dies and becomes a (arc mazoku) maou, well, turns out his dungeon was really strong because he was in the territory of the strongest dragon in the fucking world and shenanigans happens and mc tames her with food (what a twist)

Is the mc op?
he gets stronger and gets to the point he really is op, not nowhere as strong as dragon waifu

Is this harem?
Mc confesses to the main girl, dragon waifu, and is engaged with her, but she doesn't mind sharing him with the other girls

Snu snu?
They and have their times petting each other wings, ahem. It's kinda implied sometimes but not outright stated yet

Hines
Dragon Loli - Main Hine, strongest motherfucker around, it's engaged with the mc
Vampire chou loli - More like a daughter, she was the D though
Goat-like Maid mazoku - actually from a sage-like family, got saved by the mc and offers knowledge and studies the sometimes (has some diary chapters akin to luciano from mage)
Wolf mimi girl - got saved by the mc, later said to be the daughter of the leader of their clan and somehow got engaged to the mc
Yuusha - nakimushi yuusha, was raised as a h that only listened from the above order and was practically a puppet, until the mc shenanigans happens she 'abandons' the church and became the engaged with the mc

@マグマデモナイズ - Slow story about a guy reincarnated into a , turns out how he has a human soul, s hate him, and because he is a humans hunt him that from 30 previous reincarnated, 25 died in less than a year. It's slow paced and akin to a more creating a dom like type of novel than hunting s. The story is good, the problem is the author updates once a week, sometime twice a month, so the story already has a slow pacing and the author is slow too, so yeah...

Last edited by Akiraa; 2017-11-03 at 06:22.
Akiraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-03, 05:20   Link #6682
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ Uhh...there seem to be some bits and pieces missing from your post?
Old 2017-11-03, 05:26   Link #6683
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^I read that, he already married the dragon girl, no harem tag but he has 2 other lovers

Btw, was the human princess raped or not? When MC saved her and the king, she was half naked and beaten by the jailer.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-03, 06:31   Link #6684
Akiraa
rc

^^ Yeah, you're right, I've fixed some. It was just missing dragon, yuusha, etc.

^ He confesses to the dragon girl like chapter 120ish but he says he only going to marry when he's on her level (kinda hard since she's the strongest motherfucker around 覇龍), then he's invited by the other Maou, the actual kind of majins, to go to the makai and problems happens and he bound with the yuusha and brings her back, the dragon loli admits her into the harem and right after goes the mini arc with wolf mimi girl, so she also joins into the harem too. From there they don't have much chapters bounding, but you can see right into chapter 199 the brides (not married yet) mentioning the three.

About the princess I don't remember being rape into the series, maybe it's from the last volume 王都花嫁騒動 which I haven't started reading it yet...
Old 2017-11-03, 07:13   Link #6685
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiraa View Post
@マグマデモナイズ - Slow story about a guy reincarnated into a , turns out how he has a human soul, s hate him, and because he is a humans hunt him that from 30 previous reincarnated, 25 died in less than a year.
maybe what Kyureki mean missing a bits is about this, a guy reincarnated into a (what?!), turn out how he has a human soul, s hate him (??). it is hard to understand, maybe you forgot write it??
Hujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-03, 08:43   Link #6686
Akiraa
rc

^Oh right, guess I'll just made another.

This guys dies and his souls resonates with a 魔人 body a got from another world has made, therefore he is reincarnated there, usually majin in stories have control over 魔物, but since he had a human soul, they hate his guts and attack him like madman (btw the monster in this story don't have an ego and are mostly mindless beasts that follow their instincts until they have a name, where their ego can start), and as you know, despite the soul, he is a 魔人, therefore humans (also elves, dwarfs, etc) hate him, so from the previous 30 reincarnates, 25 died in the first year despite having a beyond _normal_ human power (there's yuusha in the story, it's mentioned one of those was just unfortunate that yuusha found him and hunted it down). So MC decide to follow the strategy of the ones that survived and hikkimori himself in the place where he gets 瘴気 until he is powerful enough to not fucking die.

tldr: guy reincarnates, hikkikomi himself as a kind of dungeon master, mounts a mini elite team and journey through increasing territory and subordinates.

Is the mc OP?
He is stronger than the majority, but there's plenty of stronger people out there, btw his level is 40 last time it showed and his skills are lvl 10ish (while the former spear yuusha that became his subordinate has lvl 30)

Is this harem
Unless I missed every time it showed, not even once it showed and romance, lol. (it does have a harem tag though)

snu snu
not even prostitutes
Old 2017-11-03, 08:50   Link #6687
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiraa View Post
^ He confesses to the dragon girl like chapter 120ish but he says he only going to marry when he's on her level (kinda hard since she's the strongest motherfucker around 覇龍)
I checked recent chapters and they married already
Old 2017-11-03, 09:24   Link #6688
apr
Pedestrian

Why do people in this thread love spoiling so much? I thought there were tags and everything.
Old 2017-11-03, 15:06   Link #6689
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

@Akiraa, I was also referring to the vamp loli and yuusha descriptions. "was also the D?" "was raised as a h?" No clue what you're trying to say here.
Old 2017-11-03, 16:38   Link #6690
Garn

I will never have my half dragon MC
Btw, reading this "n6189ei" in noc (new), it reminded me of this other "n0826cd" , but I do not remember any novel in syo with a similar beginning for the protagonist, in the first, the MC being a spirit tied to the earth(doutei end) after dying and absorb other resentful souls, is sent to another world to appease them with the help of a local god to avoid worse calamities, in the second, the MC regains consciousness after having killed the god gods commander of another world to be possessed by all previous 転 生 者, which were used together with the locals inhabitants as toys by these gods.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-03, 19:00   Link #6691
sasuke706

Been following 魔法使いです。勇者のパーティを抜けたいです。 as of late.
Really shows the gap between having protagonists with personalities, and protagonists without after reading it.
Like his personality isn't even anything special. He's your typical communicationally challenged average-faced guy who wants to be popular (with ladies) but isn't. And hates ikemen. It's just done very well.
It's also managed to make me actually laugh a few times, unlike most gag/comedy crap.

The flavor of the novel comes from the narration, which 90% is of the protagonist rambling on about irrelevant nonsense.
Like if you just look at what the protagonist verbally says and does, he's actually pretty normal. It's just his inner dialogues are great.

Apparently harem but there isn't even a solid heroine yet.
Unless sensei is actually a heroine, somehow. She was in the oneshot of it, at least.

Is still a new series and could easily run out of steam at any point, so yeah.
Author's also admitted to not being sure on how to write romance all that much so seems like there's a good chance of an open ending, too.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 10:25   Link #6692
Breimn

Started reading n5653eh はぐれ精霊医の診察記録 ~聖女騎士団と癒やしの神業~ , only 50+ chs out.

Normal fantasy world. MC is from spirit magic academy , he is considered useless cause he contracted a spirit of plant which is not suited for fighting so MC decides to focus on his speciality, healing through knowledge and control of medicinal plants .One day he was hired by the second queen as court magician for the princess (different mother) and even tough he knows it is probably a plot to have him be an hindrance to the princess since he doesnt have fighting power he is forced to go,not only because it is a royal order but also because it is a way to follow his dream .

OP: not yet , can speak to plants, have them block enemy for a few secs at most, control plants' properties like poison to higher or lower concentration .He can directly inject medicines made with herbs through mere contact. Completely useless in close fight.

harem: In the whole castle he is the one guy present and in one day he is already respected by everyone, even tough most of the knights hate magicians (some magicians they worked with hit both allies and enemies) .
Specially to note at the moment are his older sister, chairmain of the academy he studied at and a genius with military feats , and MC's kouhai . The latter one was allowed to follow MC to the fort to make sure he doesnt get too close to girls.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 10:35   Link #6693
sasuke706

^It's by the Commu-nan author, so expect it to grind to a slow crawl at some point.
Despite all his colleagues being women and his country having a somewhat skewed male-to-female ratio, no harem tag.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 11:00   Link #6694
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Started reading n5653eh はぐれ精霊医の診察記録 ~聖女騎士団と癒やしの神業~ , only 50+ chs out.

Normal fantasy world. MC is from spirit magic academy , he is considered useless cause he contracted a spirit of plant which is not suited for fighting so MC decides to focus on his speciality, healing through knowledge and control of medicinal plants .One day he was hired by the second queen as court magician for the princess (different mother) and even tough he knows it is probably a plot to have him be an hindrance to the princess since he doesnt have fighting power he is forced to go,not only because it is a royal order but also because it is a way to follow his dream .

OP: not yet , can speak to plants, have them block enemy for a few secs at most, control plants' properties like poison to higher or lower concentration .He can directly inject medicines made with herbs through mere contact. Completely useless in close fight.

harem: In the whole castle he is the one guy present and in one day he is already respected by everyone, even tough most of the knights hate magicians (some magicians they worked with hit both allies and enemies) .
Specially to note at the moment are his older sister, chairmain of the academy he studied at and a genius with military feats , and MC's kouhai . The latter one was allowed to follow MC to the fort to make sure he doesnt get too close to girls.
i a tire of these "Skills everyone consider useless but is actually OP." like no one besides the MC has a IQ over 100. Only a complete drooling imbecile with a IQ lower then a rock would "Plants" are weak.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2017-11-04 at 13:19.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 11:50   Link #6695
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Lol, has become template now, so no avoiding it~

But I think it's fine if they do it like Nagaikoto
Simple levitation magic pushed to the limit till it became super telekinesis
Old 2017-11-04, 12:36   Link #6696
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i a tire of these "Skills everyone consider useless but is actually OP." like no one besides the MC has any brain a IQ over 100. Only a complete drooling imbecile with a IQ lower then a rock would "Plants" are weak.
Note that there are gods(holy sprits) in this world .
Spoiler for plot spoilers:
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 20:38   Link #6697
Akiraa
rc

^^^

Me too, makes no fucking sense in a world going on for thousands of years how much people were born that can use powers then suddenly a power that was thought to be useless by everyone, turns out to be the best shit ever, people were just dumb (happens in every chinese novel too).

What really bother me though, is that not only they were not trash, but super special one powers that just happens to look like trash in the beginning to have the mc being bullied.
Old 2017-11-04, 23:02   Link #6698
Garn

I prefer that instead of seeing an MC with several skills (or cheat like) and that canīt do anything against specialized enemies with common skills, these are more recurrent in novels with steal/assimilation skills, where the protagonist has a whole catalog of skills, but a warrior with reinforcement appears and loses
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 01:45   Link #6699
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Hmmmm, many wn i planning to read or to continue deleted... what is this...
Old 2017-11-06, 07:08   Link #6700
Akiraa
rc

^^I dislike both, albeit cheat from the beginning, specially copy/steal are just boring, tal about boring.

@普通で異常な社畜のドラゴン転生記 - This novel is about a high adaptive average salaryman reborn into a . He is blessed by the most powerful and gets to choose 3 abilities, right out of the bat he gets the usual help/appraisal ability, the boring eating/stealing ability and 人化. s some s and become , literally. This novel is just for the harem shenanigans, as we barely have a shadow of plot till the last chapters...

Usual questions / Hine list
Spoiler:

@月夜に響くは大狼の遠吠え - Not much to go on with this one. Simple history, while the beginning in cringe worth (chapter 3), it gets better, just a simple monster hunting history about a wolf.

@人形転生-カカシから始まる進化の物語-From the same author a bokensha lvl 99, now dating the vilage paladin. Definitely the better of the three stories, writing wise, albeit the author sometimes dwells too much on his explanations that made me question certain aspects of the plot, which I would ignore on other series because new stuff happening.

It's about a guy who has an imouto reincarnated into another world and she became a master puppeteer and uses the knowledge from that world to catch his soul when he dies and becomes a scarecrow (with infinite possibilities, hence the evolution on the title). Btw no harem tag on this story too, well I don't think he can have a harem with such a yandere imouto too, not if he doesn't want them to die.

Tags
web novel