AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-01, 00:31   Link #4381
Seitsuki
Onee!

You're saying Vietnam has a stronger military than Japan/Korea/any number of Asian states? Come on

That said it is rather glaring that Japan alone remains though.
Old 2013-05-01, 01:21   Link #4382
neoinfinity204

It is pretty possible

Think of it this way an invasion of Japan would require a landing by sea which would be extremely costly. The US was preparing for millions dead during WW2 when they were still planning on landing on the beaches. It could have been the same way with Japan and the Asian Alliance in this universe.

It would have been a brutal campaign which is why there is a high chance of Japan surviving alone if for no other reason than the fact it is an island nation with a number of different islands. A landing by sea is much more difficult than if you can march your troops on the ground which is probably how Korea and Vietnam would have fallen.

I also think it stated that Asian Alliance in volume 7 or another landed on Japanese islands and basically took a heavy toll on the population before being pushed back.
Old 2013-05-01, 01:37   Link #4383
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
You're saying Vietnam has a stronger military than Japan/Korea/any number of Asian states? Come on

That said it is rather glaring that Japan alone remains though.
Spoiler:

They don't have a stronger military than France or America or China in term of number of troop, advance in technology.
They seem to be weak but the fact remains that they kicked many ass, big ass at that.
That's why i kind of relate VN to Japan in the LN. Every nation want a piece of Japan because they seem to be weak.
If they seem to be strong(in LN), no one will dare to touch them like no one dare to touch America or France or British or China (in real life).

Last edited by bietchie11; 2013-05-01 at 10:31. Reason: May Korea/Japan and China is not that close. But still, that's not the point.
Old 2013-05-01, 01:54   Link #4384
Ultragunner

hahahaha, nice one!!

Now I see, it wouldn't be so strange if the author lets AA declare war upon Japan (I mean real, open, frontal, "hot" war), and then has Tatsuya kick their @sses .

IMHO, Japan (in this LN) seems so OP with the Ten Master Clan while the author hasn't noted any magically strong & significant families outside of Japan (even Lina is descended from Japan), but it would be totally awesome if he would (expand the universe of the LN, more characters and more...epicness LOL )
Old 2013-05-01, 03:49   Link #4385
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-01, 06:33   Link #4386
Oxide

Japan as small, neutral and technologicaly advanced country located between strong forces was used already in media so many times (it is like standard template in manga/anime) ... it is stupid this need even any elaboration ...

The fact is Japan survived 3rd war war and is able to maintain status quo with other countries, that is all that matters for plot ... rest is pretty mainstream

Last edited by Oxide; 2013-05-01 at 06:43.
Old 2013-05-01, 07:48   Link #4387
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Let's say Japan is stronger than any merged countries for example: China, VN, Canada,... (again, like i said: author's favoritism).
But that fact doesn't conflict with my speculation that Japan seems to be weak when compared to UNSA, AA or EU.
(if you haven't realize it, the key word is "seem" not "is".)

UNSA and Canada; China and AA : they are different things.

Last edited by bietchie11; 2013-05-01 at 10:08. Reason: sorry for misspelling South China Sea with East China Sea, i often use another name which has no "china" in it
Old 2013-05-01, 08:44   Link #4388
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ From my (and certain other) people's perspectives .. You seem to have an odd understanding of both current and "plot-future" military, political and economic circumstances. Let's just all agree to disagree and move on.
Old 2013-05-01, 09:00   Link #4389
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ From my (and certain other) people's perspectives .. You seem to have an odd understanding of both current and "plot-future" military, political and economic circumstances. Let's just all agree to disagree and move on.
Agree, we provide enough possibility reasons for why Japan got bullied or bullied(with Tatsuya's help)
Let him decide which one is true.

But damn, all these arguments make me feel conflicted when Tatsuya kick UNSA ass(i think he will eventually). Between my favorite character and my homeboys. In the back of my mind, UNSA was = America but now ...

P/S: i forgot to ask. Where do you get your avatar?

Last edited by bietchie11; 2013-05-01 at 09:38.
Old 2013-05-01, 21:30   Link #4390
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Agree, we provide enough possibility reasons for why Japan got bullied or bullied(with Tatsuya's help)
Let him decide which one is true.

But damn, all these arguments make me feel conflicted when Tatsuya kick UNSA ass(i think he will eventually). Between my favorite character and my homeboys. In the back of my mind, UNSA was = America but now ...

P/S: i forgot to ask. Where do you get your avatar?

You like cats?
Old 2013-05-02, 00:28   Link #4391
bietchie11

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
You like cats?
i certainly do.
Old 2013-05-03, 04:18   Link #4392
whsie

Quote:
Spoiler:

They don't have a stronger military than France or America or China in term of number of troop, advance in technology.
They seem to be weak but the fact remains that they kicked many ass, big ass at that.
That's why i kind of relate VN to Japan in the LN. Every nation want a piece of Japan because they seem to be weak.
If they seem to be strong(in LN), no one will dare to touch them like no one dare to touch America or France or British or China (in real life).
Having studied some Chinese history,
Spoiler for slightly off topic:
Old 2013-05-03, 10:12   Link #4393
kengaa

sorry for suddenly disturbing but whsie do you know who was the supreme commander of vietnamese army when they fight with the mongols even genghis khan still alive he wouldnt be able to help much for saving some more the survival mongols soldier you know the result will alway them same even with him leading the army, you should learn more about vietnamese history not just chinese if you want to know more a bout mongols war with vietnam .
Old 2013-05-03, 10:20   Link #4394
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Time to derail and bring the thread back on topic

Is it explained when tatsuya learned the ability to useMB on items he hasnt touched?
In the past arc he touched the bullets but in the NHD and Yokohama arc he just read the information id?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2013-05-03, 10:24   Link #4395
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post

Is it explained when tatsuya learned the ability to useMB on items he hasnt touched?
In the past arc he touched the bullets but in the NHD and Yokohama arc he just read the information id?
Well magic isn't effected by distance so if he could do it with something in his hand in theory he can do it at a distance.
Old 2013-05-03, 11:59   Link #4396
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Having studied some Chinese history,
Spoiler for slightly off topic:
Spoiler for Beside whsie, don't click. Dude. Just don't!:
Old 2013-05-03, 12:26   Link #4397
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:

From what I understand, he doesn't need to touch objects to use MB on them, he needs first visual confirmation on the target, reading its Eidos, which allows him to track it with Elemental Sight, and MB can be used (using the Third Eye).

I believe you mean this part:
Quote:
He clasped the bullets in his hands one by one, as if praying, then reloaded them back into the magazine.
Looking on, Kazama and Sanada had no idea what he was doing. They could faintly feel that powerful magic was at work, but as to exactly what techniques were being applied, they could not begin to guess.
He read its Eidos to allow him to see how far the bullets can travel, since his eyes can't see things 20km away. He probably couldn't read each bullets individual Eidos while they were still in the magazine, thus took them out and reloaded them into the gun.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:39   Link #4398
Ultragunner

LOL, what a coincidence it is that now my friend has to do an assignment in politics about the Vietnam & its aftermath

Now we should really get back to the LN or else....

Oh, sth makes me wonder, if Tatsuya and the gang hadn't been in there on that day, AA would have been able to take over Yokohama. Then, would they immediately send bigger fleets to begin a full-scale invasion? I think it is highly possible
Old 2013-05-03, 12:47   Link #4399
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Oh, sth makes me wonder, if Tatsuya and the gang hadn't been in there on that day, AA would have been able to take over Yokohama. Then, would they immediately send bigger fleets to begin a full-scale invasion? I think it is highly possible
I believe their aim was to steal information from the Magic Association branch in Yokohama and retreat, a much larger fleet was about to launch before Tatsuya annihilated them with the enemy base.
Their strategic magician was also on board, so they were serious in invading Japan.
Quote:
"This photograph was taken 5 minutes ago. Based on this estimate, the enemy will launch two hours from now at the latest. Based on the scale of mobilization, rather than being a single strike, their aim appears to be occupying the Kyushu, Sanin, and Hokuriku regions."
Old 2013-05-03, 13:24   Link #4400
Oxide

Quote:

actualy the way he used mb in the reminiscence chapter was highly irregular due to the distance ... MB technicaly is decomposition magic and work only slightly different from mist dispersal(anihilation reaction instead of "regular" decomposition) or any other regular magic(in terms of casting).

In reminiscence chapter he can't access eidos via elemental eyes normaly due to the distance from target information body(can't percive it can't read it), it is also impossible to find suitable eidos in vast amount of information in information dimension where spatial reference is nonexistant (i guess it would require to read ALL the eidos which seems to be technicaly impossible due to the vast amount of data).

Solution to this was preparation of information bodies(bullets), marking their eidos. Next information bodies were send physicaly to the target and their eidos were tracked via information dimension. When they were in range(eidos coordinates data analysis ) mb was activated ... all of those were targetting/distance issues which third eye solves ... Without going into specyfics third eye resolves this problem by providing remote perception of information bodies which allow Tatsuya to pick target and access its eidos direcly.

Last edited by Oxide; 2013-05-03 at 19:03.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings