AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2012-10-23, 11:57   Link #101
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...I never did understand this irrational fear that people have about the Anime skipping the Railgun's Sister Arc.
I admit I wouldn't be fussed if they did either, but I'm interested to see how Railgun S2's coverage of the Arc would be different to Index S1.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 17:54   Link #102
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
...I never did understand this irrational fear that people have about the Anime skipping the Railgun's Sister Arc.
Because the first season went for a tone which was far more light then the Sisters arc is so people (like me) are worried that they'll avoid it.
Old 2012-10-23, 18:15   Link #103
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Because the first season went for a tone which was far more light then the Sisters arc is so people (like me) are worried that they'll avoid it.
Yeah that's their 'reason', but if you think about it that doesn't really make sense because no matter how tone down it was, it's still a story with dark elements of child abuse and human experimentation.

It was never going to be the next K-On.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 18:23   Link #104
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Woohoo! I really enjoyed season 1 of Railgun.

I also wonder if they are in fact going to focus on a conflict with ... what was her name again? ... Mental Out?
Old 2012-10-23, 19:22   Link #105
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I wonder how they will handle the imminent "seasonal tonal shift". Will they go straight to it or introduce a lighter concept first?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 22:25   Link #106
Marina2

The introduction of one character in the second half of the first season is contradicted with that character's introduction in manga , I wonder how will J.C. fix that.

Quote:
For some people, The point of the second season is just to introduce those 4 girls to Index world. (they want to see those girls get animated) If sister arc is skipped.....
Old 2012-10-23, 22:41   Link #107
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Well don't forget that the 1st season of Railgun did in fact skip the Sister's Arc.

Mikoto even references the Sister's Arc in the second half of the Railgun anime.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 22:43   Link #108
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
The introduction of one character in the second half of the first season is contradicted with that character's introduction in manga , I wonder how will J.C. fix that.
Simple, just ignore it.

The main thing about her introduction is the theme about friendship, introducing you-know-who isn't necessary and can be worked around... Or just ignored completely since it's pretty oneshot in nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
For some people, The point of the second season is just to introduce those 4 girls to Index world. (they want to see those girls get animated) If sister arc is skipped.....
But there's no logical reason why the Sister Arc would be skipped in the first place, it's just paranoia.
Old 2012-10-24, 01:53   Link #109
judasmartel
*Author

Granted that the Sisters Arc won't definitely be skipped, what about the Mental Out Arc (is that the Ichihanaransai I'm hearing about?)?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 02:32   Link #110
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Well don't forget that the 1st season of Railgun did in fact skip the Sister's Arc.

Mikoto even references the Sister's Arc in the second half of the Railgun anime.
Nope. The Poltergeist Arc ended on August 8th, while the Sisters Arc (for Mikoto) starts on August 10th. You're probably thinking of the urban legends related to the Sisters, which I believe was the reference you're talking about.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 04:26   Link #111
Marina2

@judasmartel
At the end of the final ep. of the first season, if you looks at the date on digital clock carefully, you will see that it is a day that sister arc start.
Old 2012-10-24, 05:32   Link #112
tsunade666

that digital clock is even deliberately shown just to let the audience know that its the day before sister arc starts so its impossible for JC to skip it.

They are in tight budget but they aren't at least stupid in their storytelling to even srew that up.
Old 2012-10-24, 05:40   Link #113
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
They are in tight budget
I'm positive they won't hold back for this one ... yes I am still throwing coins in the magic fountain
Old 2012-10-24, 06:11   Link #114
Sumeragi
Banned

The joke: JC poured all their budget into Railgun, thus the bad quality of Index.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 06:16   Link #115
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Clearly everything else that JC Staff does is taking the budget from Little Busters Including that Android phone game...
Old 2012-10-24, 18:33   Link #116
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Wow, a second season! Finally! More Kuroko and Misaka antics. I really hope they cover the sister arc. I really like how Railgun season 1 turn out much better than the Index ones.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 20:19   Link #117
MasterVampire

Will we get some more Touma cameo appearances in this second season?

I havn't read the manga.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 01:02   Link #118
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
Very much likely in the realm of non-spoiler possibility.

Also found this, the staff is revealed:

(I'm pretty sure the words [Darkness] and [Sister] needs no explanation)

Old 2012-10-25, 02:07   Link #119
desrtsku
Nympholept

Is that Nagai's name I see there? That's already a good point.
Old 2012-10-25, 02:25   Link #120
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The image says that all the main staff and cast from the first season will return. (And that the main story will be the Sisters Arc.)

Tags
action, comedy, despair, drama, school life, sci-fi, sequel