AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD DX.1 Rating
Perfect 10 1 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 40.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-03, 06:05   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

High School DxD Light Novel - DX.1 (Short Story Collection)

Welcome to the discussion thread for High School DxD , DX.1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past DX.1) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Scheduled Release Date: 2015-03-10 (bundled w/OVA) or 2015-03-20 (standalone)
Product Page
This will feature a collection of short stories, hence it not being a "numbered" novel.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2015-03-04 at 00:17.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 07:10   Link #2
jopjopjop

Ok. Let's start with this one.

The compilation consists of 6 already published shory story and a new one. Based on Ishibumi's blog, the one's I recognize are:

Spoiler for Short Stories:

My guess on the newest short story, again based on the quotes from Ishi's blog, is
Spoiler for newest short story:

P.S. Shouldn't the second thread guideline be revised as EVERYTHING on this thread will be about events past Volume 1.
Old 2015-03-03, 13:56   Link #3
EmpyLight

Where could I read Abduction Ero?
EmpyLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 14:48   Link #4
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

It's not translated yet.

To avoid confusion, the release date listed in the first post is for the normal version. The version bundled with season 2's OVA will be released on March 10th, with spoilers likely releasing on the 9th.
Old 2015-03-04, 00:16   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
P.S. Shouldn't the second thread guideline be revised as EVERYTHING on this thread will be about events past Volume 1.
Yeah, indeed. It should have been DX.1 -- will fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
To avoid confusion, the release date listed in the first post is for the normal version. The version bundled with season 2's OVA will be released on March 10th, with spoilers likely releasing on the 9th.
Noted -- will correct.
Old 2015-03-11, 07:26   Link #6
n0m@n
C-Z

So apparently there will be 7 SS in total.
6 of them will be old ones which was published on dragon magazine and the last one will be a new one.
4 of the 6 ss would be the ones jojo mentioned in his post.
Quote:
Love Song to the Reincarnated Angel - short story where the Issei, Asia, and Xenovia followed Irina around to observe on what an Angel does compared to a Devil.
Let's go to Onsen - this one's already translated by n0m@n.
Abduction ERO! - short story where Issei lost his pervertedness because of Azazel.
short story where the ORC cleaned Rias' room
The special SS where ORC cleans Rias room actually didnt have a name since it was compiled in a seperate book (called erokome) which came with dragon magazine and it had ss of other series.
Spoiler for erokome:

From the preview, the 5th one would be the story where the ORC girls turns into guys while the ORC boys (Kiba+Gasper) and Azazel turns into girls with the "raygun". Pretty much the prequel of the ss "The Disturbance of a Devil" since female Kiba will appear.
Again, it was also a special SS which was written on the back of a special poster which came with the dragon magazine. Looks like they are trying to put every single ss (even the special ones and exclusive ones) into the DX volumes.
But Im not sure which one the sixth one is yet (no hint on the preview either).
There hasnt been a spoiler out yet so I dont know the content of the new ss yet.

And DX2 will come out on December. There will also be a limted edition one where the OVA where will be the animation of the SS "Unresurrected Phoenix". Maybe it implies that the anime season 3 will cover past v7 lol. And looks like the SS about Ophis's first shopping will be included in DX2.

Edit:
Ah, looks like the new ss would be about a rating game against Raiser. Nice.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 08:21   Link #7
Biohazardous

Ty you for the info. I look forward to it all. I wonder how they will do the rating game though. We know Ise can take Raiser alone. I'd expect to see one with lots of limits or a new style game we havent seen yet. They will want everyone entertained and unsure who can actually win.
Old 2015-03-11, 08:51   Link #8
jopjopjop

Woot. My detective work on the latest SS is correct.

For those wondering, Ishibumi gave quotes on his blog update that serves as clues on what SSs will be included.

4 of those were separated from the rest as they are from the newest short story.

Spoiler for 4 quotes (rough interpretation by me with the help of my friend google translate):
Old 2015-03-11, 09:05   Link #9
Biohazardous

Thats awesome. Makes me more anxious to see what kind of rating game it will be.
Old 2015-03-11, 11:13   Link #10
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Hmm, I wonder if there'll be restrictions in the Game vs Raiser. Maybe to improve the ORC's teamwork and technique even more. After all, a no-restrictions game would be Raiser and his peerage showing off their new strength before the Gremory group destroys them.

Maybe the short story where they cleaned Rias' room will be given a title now. Well, it's great that they're compiling ALL the short stories for those who don't buy Dragon Magazine.
Old 2015-03-11, 11:21   Link #11
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

There's gonna be massive restrictions. Issei can probably solo his entire peerage including him.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 11:37   Link #12
Biohazardous

It has to be. We basically see without doubt that him wining before is no fluke. He fights him trying to get a peak at Rias during their training break. Knowing what to expect from Raiser's group now the Gremory's have a pretty easy win. Not even counting that Ise can beat Raiser alone. The rating games are shown to everyone so they have to do restrictions to make it more equal.
Old 2015-03-11, 12:38   Link #13
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
The rating games are shown to everyone so they have to do restrictions to make it more equal.
They aren't doing the Rating Games for show. At best, what they're doing is a practice match thus, only the people concerned know of the match. The same way with their first Rating Game.
Old 2015-03-11, 12:57   Link #14
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
It should also be noted at what point in the story this RG takes place. Whether it's before volume 12 or more current like after volume 17. But hopefully Raizer took Rias's lead and did some training with his peerage to get stronger, and with Rias with her full peerage now, unlike last time, him and his peerage may be destroyed much more thoroughly. She's surely going to be able to give him a much harder fight this time.
Old 2015-03-11, 12:58   Link #15
Biohazardous

Humm interesting. Has me more curious since it seems a waste of time. If the others Knew what to expect and such Raiser would have had just about the whole team at the end. Ise can handle Raiser alone if not the whole peerage. Think I might look forward to this one the most out of them all just to see what kind of unexpected things happen.
Old 2015-03-11, 13:02   Link #16
Biohazardous

Quote:
They aren't doing the Rating Games for show. At best, what they're doing is a practice match thus, only the people concerned know of the match. The same way with their first Rating Game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
It should also be noted at what point in the story this RG takes place. Whether it's before volume 12 or more current like after volume 17. But hopefully Raizer took Rias's lead and did some training with his peerage to get stronger, if not, him and his peerage will be destroyed much more thoroughly this time. And with Rias with her full peerage now, unlike last time, she's surely going to be able to give him a much harder fight this time.
This is something else to note. They know what they are against and have a full group now also. Not to mention depending on when it happens determines how much stronger over last time the team is. Plus we have Akeno and Gasper and a few others pissed they couldnt do more. This can be a very good match. The closer to current volume this match plays out the better this can be if its not going to be lop sided big time opposite of what they expected last match.

Sorry this was pose to be an edit to my last post.
Old 2015-03-11, 13:02   Link #17
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
It should also be noted at what point in the story this RG takes place. Whether it's before volume 12 or more current like after volume 17. But hopefully Raizer took Rias's lead and did some training with his peerage to get stronger, and with Rias with her full peerage now, unlike last time, him and his peerage may be destroyed much more thoroughly. She's surely going to be able to give him a much harder fight this time.
I believe it's much more recent - since it's a new short story it probably takes place between volume 18 and 19 in preparation for Raiser's match against the Champion.
Old 2015-03-11, 13:09   Link #18
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

is he using the new servant that he got in another ss?? That may be interesting to know and it will help to clarify around when this rating game took place.
Old 2015-03-11, 13:10   Link #19
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
I believe it's much more recent - since it's a new short story it probably takes place between volume 18 and 19 in preparation for Raiser's match against the Champion.
Ok with that news lets say its right. Does Raiser have any piece swaps or anything? If I remember right didn't most of his folks leave him unless I understood what Ravel ment. If they did and was released he needs to replace them. Replacement would make things interesting since he will be people new to us and Rias's peerage. They are all alot stronger than before. With lower numbers they almost won. Numbers are closer to even with Ise now able to solo Raiser verses getting beaten to a pulp.
Old 2015-03-11, 13:57   Link #20
S.Freedom

Uhm, silly question... But why would anyone in Riser's peerage leave him?

I mean from what I remember they where all loyal to him. Or at the very least infatuated with him to some degree.

The only one who left was Raval because she'd fallen for Issie. So the only piece he'd replace was a bishop.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote