AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD DX.1 Rating
Perfect 10 1 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 40.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-12, 13:14   Link #41
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Yeah, but they wouldn't send him just to watch his brother kick ass, would they? He was strong enough to at least take care of himself. I'm not saying he would be able to fight on par with Ise on Cardinal Crimson Queen, but if he used the right strategy instead of just going head on like in Volume 2, I think he and his peerage would make it a very interesting fight. He will definitely lose. But it would be more interesting than just having his ass handed to himself on a silver platter.
I thought Ruval just forced him to tag along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
Maybe after the match the two peerages can work together on things.
To be honest, I think Raiser and his peerage, even if they got more powerful, would just be a liability. It's the same reason why Sairaorg goes out and fights on the front line while his peerage provides rear support.

Quote:
The Gremory have alot of power. They still need to learn control and strategy. This battle may help them develop a little more. He may even offer some help in that area afterwards. They are a force to be reckoned with and the help Raiser could provide them would be invaluable.
Actually, in volume 18 they pretty much got strategy down brilliantly.
Old 2015-03-12, 13:36   Link #42
Biohazardous

That is more than likely true Gary they are strong and if you want to fight with them you have to also be strong. I mainly based that on what we know of the previous fight and how strong they are. So basically assumed behind scenes they got alot stronger too so they can be near equal and provide a good fight. Can't wait to see how they have strategy down.

I really hope Ishibumi-sama will be ok. So much to look forward to in this series. He's had alot to deal with.
Old 2015-03-12, 16:52   Link #43
Direwolf18

Quote:
Yeah, but they wouldn't send him just to watch his brother kick ass, would they? He was strong enough to at least take care of himself. I'm not saying he would be able to fight on par with Ise on Cardinal Crimson Queen, but if he used the right strategy instead of just going head on like in Volume 2, I think he and his peerage would make it a very interesting fight. He will definitely lose. But it would be more interesting than just having his ass handed to himself on a silver platter.
Not unless they were sending him to hold Ruval's coat and maybe learn something useful by watching his big brother in action. One of the two is an exemplar of all things a high class (soon to be ultimate class) devil Noble should be. Plus there were swarms of small fry monsters to deal with.

I always kinda felt bad for Raiser, he is the classic middle child, he lacks the sheer overwhelming talent and standing of his older brothers, and he is not the beloved daughter/baby like Ravel. So he carries on like a rebellious punk.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 19:19   Link #44
Tbolt

Well one thing That I would like to see is that when Ravel and Raiser are recovered/return is Ise beating the crap out of Raiser for putting Ravel in that kind danger and that it will never happen again as Ise is pounding him into the ground. Because we all know that Ise will never put Ravel in that kind of danger and not protecting her.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2015-03-12 at 19:21. Reason: content
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 20:33   Link #45
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Well one thing That I would like to see is that when Ravel and Raiser are recovered/return is Ise beating the crap out of Raiser for putting Ravel in that kind danger and that it will never happen again as Ise is pounding him into the ground. Because we all know that Ise will never put Ravel in that kind of danger and not protecting her.
Do you seriously blame him for not being able to protect Ravel against the Champion?? That's just hypocrisy, Issei as he is now wouldn't be able to beat him either.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 22:41   Link #46
saw2097

Quote:
Do you seriously blame him for not being able to protect Ravel against the Champion?? That's just hypocrisy, Issei as he is now wouldn't be able to beat him either.
I think that he means that Raiser shouldn't have brought Ravel into a match against the champion.

Which he shouldn't have done, Ravel is still a child and shouldn't even be in a official rating game, even the Youth devils don't play against the official teams until they are older.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 22:59   Link #47
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
I think that he means that Raiser shouldn't have brought Ravel into a match against the champion.

Which he shouldn't have done, Ravel is still a child and shouldn't even be in a official rating game, even the Youth devils don't play against the official teams until they are older.
How would he know the Belial dude (I forgot his first name) would try to murder her? Rating Games are safe most of the time, she wouldn't be under any real risk if it wasn't for the fact the Belial dude is a traitor.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 23:05   Link #48
saw2097

Quote:
How would he know the Belial dude (I forgot his first name) would try to murder her? Rating Games are safe most of the time, she wouldn't be under any real risk if it wasn't for the fact the Belial dude is a traitor.
Normally, but accidents happen, remember that Raiser almost killed Ise in the first match.

And they are up against the Champion, Ravel is even younger then Rias and she isn't allowed to participate in official matches.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 23:23   Link #49
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Rating games are safe most of the time yes.
But there have been cases in the novel where people could have died in them.
To name just one the Rias vs Sairaorg match if sairaorg would have been a second too late Issei WOULD have killed his queen.

This is not a virtual simulation any damage the players accumulate has to be healed once they're out of it.
As such an attack too great for the "safety system" to handle will take life it's not perfect.

Ravel is an amateur and should have never joined the match as such i completely agree with Tbolt that Issei would be in his right to have an outright rage attack against Riser if her life was lost.

So it's not the question of if Issei would have been able to protect her better then Riser the question is that why was Riser stupid enough to allow an amateur to join a rating game against the nr 1 emperor belial even if it was announced as a return game for Riser AKA a "show".
Although if i remember correctly it was stated in a spoiler Ravel asked to join in? even then he should have done the right thing and refused and acted as a big brother and look out for her instead of accepting and putting her in harms way.
Old 2015-03-13, 06:44   Link #50
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
Normally, but accidents happen, remember that Raiser almost killed Ise in the first match.

And they are up against the Champion, Ravel is even younger then Rias and she isn't allowed to participate in official matches.
If you're talking about Raiser almost killed Ise Rating Game match in the anime then that would not have counted as an accident but murder. Since he verbally confirmed his intention killing him and calling it an accident (in front of Rias and all those watching their match). If you mean the in the light novel than, of course.

I'm not sure but, I think that age restrictions only applies to the master not the servants. And Ravel is participating as an servant so the age restrictions may not apply to her.
Old 2015-03-13, 08:21   Link #51
Tbolt

Well it's not like Ravel has never been in a pro match before but that was before all of the current events, and as was stated she was more of a "little sister" servant than an active fighter. While it is true Ise would never go against Ravel's to help out her brother does not meen Raiser is not going to get his ass beat afterwards.
Old 2015-03-13, 08:45   Link #52
Biohazardous

Ise may or may not attack him I don't exactly what happened in the match since its not translated. Having to wonder whats happening for them both could mean he did all he could to protect her in a situation he shouldn't have needed to do it in. I honestly think the argument for her being there or not can go both ways. She has been in several and for the most part she is suppose to be safe not to mention she is a phoenix for a little extra safety. It sucks that the match wasn't as it should be and hope we will find out they are both ok.
Old 2015-03-13, 09:11   Link #53
jopjopjop

Ravel's apparent death isn't just an accident that can be faulted to the system thus putting the blame to Raiser because she put Ravel in that situation in the first place.

Remember Ravel is also a member of the Phoenix clan. Even if the Rating Game system doesn't work, her immortality will let her survive in most cases. What happened is something that cannot be expected.

So, Issei cannot blame Raiser for what happened. And also, it's not like Issei is the only one that would be destroyed with the aspect of Ravel dying. Ravel is Raiser's sister for Maou's sake and he dotes on her. He was right in front of her when she died. Think of how he would feel when her sister lays lifeless in his hands.

~Anyway, if the topic of Ravel's death would continue, we should move the topic to the Volume 19 thread as I feel that is more appropriate.
Old 2015-03-13, 09:23   Link #54
Tbolt

Good points Jop.
Old 2015-03-13, 09:43   Link #55
Biohazardous

Thank you for input Jop.
Old 2015-03-13, 11:14   Link #56
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

He put her on the field so it's completely his fault if something happens to her since he should know that anything can happen in these "games" since he's a "pro" so i don't feel sorry for him AT ALL it was his responsibility for putting her on the field.

I never even mentioned Issei would be the only one affected by her getting hurt or dying that has nothing to do with the fact he put Ravel his sister that has always been treated as a civilian with NO combat experience on a battle field because she makes for a great meat shield because she's a phoenix.

He put her on the battle field so it's his responsibility if harm comes to her.
He obviously didn't learn anything from his first beat down so Issei is going to have to do it again and hope it sticks this time since he still puts too much faith into the whole phoenix crap.
Old 2015-03-13, 11:37   Link #57
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsengnim View Post
He obviously didn't learn anything from his first beat down so Issei is going to have to do it again and hope it sticks this time since he still puts too much faith into the whole phoenix crap.
Well apparently Ravel does too as she's the one who put herself in front of the attack banking on her immortality. Both of them are not in the situation where they can't evade. Ravel purposely made herself as the target to shield her brother as she knows she won't be killed.

Guess who can't be killed as well? It's Raiser. So, for someone who is supposed to use her brain, why shield his brother. Why stand in front of the attack if it can be avoided. No one is at fault on Ravel's apparent death.

And if you still want someone to blame, blame the siblings' mother as she approved the temporary trade-back.
Old 2015-03-13, 11:42   Link #58
Biohazardous

This can be a learning experience for them both since what Ise did wasn't. Them being pheonix should basically be something they forget about. Fight as if they cant come back and be glad to have it to fall back on if the death wasn't too much.
Old 2015-03-13, 15:30   Link #59
S.Freedom

If you'll excuse me for a second. I believe the whole situation of Ravel's apparent death can be attributed to plot induced stupidity.

Meaning the author artificially made Ravel/Riser/their mother dumber than normal to create suspense. And as we've seen by this discussion it's worked like a charm.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 15:31   Link #60
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
If you'll excuse me for a second. I believe the whole situation of Ravel's apparent death can be attributed to plot induced stupidity.

Meaning the author artificially made Ravel/Riser/their mother dumber than normal to create suspense. And as we've seen by this discussion it's worked like a charm.
Why is it dumber and how can you call it that? It is there to introduce Belial's ability and a lot more.