AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD DX.1 Rating
Perfect 10 1 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 40.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-13, 16:10   Link #61
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

If anything, something like this was needed to show the series getting more serious. And put yourself in their shoes. Almost no one would suspect the Champion, and the most iconic person in the Underworld to be evil. Especially with the nice guy demeanor he's been shown to have in public.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 16:53   Link #62
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
If you'll excuse me for a second. I believe the whole situation of Ravel's apparent death can be attributed to plot induced stupidity.

Meaning the author artificially made Ravel/Riser/their mother dumber than normal to create suspense. And as we've seen by this discussion it's worked like a charm.
Think about this logically.

Raiser, who just decided to make his return to the professional Rating Game, was offered an exhibition match with the Champion for his return. Pretty much the entire Underworld, children, commoners and nobles alike, look up to him as a symbol of strength and as a good person. Absolutely no one would suspect him of being a traitor (Sirzechs, who has inside info, excluded). And, as it seemed at the end of v19, the majority of the Devils aren't familiar with the Belial clan trait.

With this in mind, there's no reason for Raiser to not ask Ravel to join him so he has a complete team. She would obviously accept, as it would be good experience for when she joins Ise's peerage. There's also no reason for Lady Phoenix to decline her son's request. Everyone's under the assumption that Belial is a strong supporter of the modern-day Devils and would never think of him betraying the Underworld.

Ravel jumping in front of Raiser has nothing to do with confidence in her immortality. It's a known fact in Rating Games that defeating the King is an instant win for the opponent. Raiser knows that he's most likely going to lose, but will that stop him from giving it his all? No. Ravel, knowing that, jumped in the way to protect him. (It was 2v1 in a secluded cave, both Raiser and Ravel must've felt they had a tiny opportunity to win) Raiser, being a baka, probably was too much in shock from what Belial just told him to avoid it himself. Belial predicted all of that considering the events immediately after.

Did Raiser do something stupid by letting Ravel participate? Yes, but that's only because we knew Belial was a traitor and was up to something by requesting a match with him before they did. You can't blame them for the benefits we readers have of being able to read a private conversation between Diehauser and Rizevim. Raiser and Ravel only knew that the Champion wanted to fight them for some unknown reason (maybe to personally welcome him back into the games?).
Old 2015-03-13, 17:22   Link #63
S.Freedom

@Gary29 That's precisely why it's a case of dumbness on the part of everyone really. The author needed to introduce Belial's power and the fact that he's a traitor into the story.

So instead of having Belial going against the "hero" of the underworld Issie and the rest of Rias' peerage, or even any other members of the rookie 4 in an exhibition match. He offers up Riser and his peerage because for all intents and purposes they're expendable to the story. He also adds Ravel to the mix because it'll make things much more personal for Issie-tachi if Ravel dies then Riser. So everyone "assumes" the best of him. And of course Sirzechs doesn't reveal his suspicions about him so as to keep from tipping his hand.

All in all it's not really a bad thing. And I didn't mean it in a negative way. But that doesn't negate the fact the author needed the characters to act a certain way to introduce Belial and the threat he posed. Once you except the meta reason for Ravel jumping in front of her brother things become easier to handle.

Last edited by S.Freedom; 2015-03-27 at 00:35. Reason: directed at the wrong person
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 18:47   Link #64
Tbolt

@ S.Freedon, what you said holds a lot of merit, but the events highlight the arrogance of Belial believing in his own greatness. Because I firmly believe that the person who will take down the "King" is going to be Ise in some form of his Dragon form, which Belial has NO way to defeat. And at that point I think we will see the ass whopping of the century, and it will show some of Ise's maturity in that he won't go berserk (his mind sense the others are gone now) like with Asia but the slow methodical destruction of Belial by Ise. Thats just MHO.
Old 2015-03-14, 20:46   Link #65
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post

Did Raiser do something stupid by letting Ravel participate? Yes, but that's only because we knew Belial was a traitor and was up to something by requesting a match with him before they did. You can't blame them for the benefits we readers have of being able to read a private conversation between Diehauser and Rizevim. Raiser and Ravel only knew that the Champion wanted to fight them for some unknown reason (maybe to personally welcome him back into the games?).
Hindsight is 20/20.

Belial was the CHAMPION for how many years? This is not a guy who would screw up, why would anyone suspect that he was out to kill Raiser/Ravel? I mean sure everyone expected Raiser to lose, but it let him go up against a huge name, and get a ton of attention.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 02:17   Link #66
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

So... While I find this entire discussion about events from Volume 19 very interesting, isn't this a thread for Dx1? Let's get back on topic now shall we? On that note, any info on the short story other than that there's a potential rating game?

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 06:14   Link #67
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
So... While I find this entire discussion about events from Volume 19 very interesting, isn't this a thread for Dx1? Let's get back on topic now shall we? On that note, any info on the short story other than that there's a potential rating game?
Well, there's this

Spoiler for Yumi:

This came from the short story that is the prequel of the gender-bending raygun story "The Disturbance of a Devil".

The story was told in Gasper's perspective. Everyone on Kuoh Academy's gender were reversed except for Gasper and Issei. Rias and Akeno turned into hunk athletes, Koneko to a 7-foot tall man, even Azazel was turned into a female. At the end of the story, Gasper too wanted her gender to change expecting to have large breasts. Turns out, he just lost the things between his legs.

Last edited by jopjopjop; 2015-03-17 at 06:24.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 08:40   Link #68
Biohazardous

Lmao omg that sounds awesome and would be epic animated. Do want now.
Old 2015-03-17, 13:00   Link #69
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Well, there's this

Spoiler for Yumi:

This came from the short story that is the prequel of the gender-bending raygun story "The Disturbance of a Devil".

The story was told in Gasper's perspective. Everyone on Kuoh Academy's gender were reversed except for Gasper and Issei. Rias and Akeno turned into hunk athletes, Koneko to a 7-foot tall man, even Azazel was turned into a female. At the end of the story, Gasper too wanted her gender to change expecting to have large breasts. Turns out, he just lost the things between his legs.
The loli became a giant, wht does this sound familiar... Oh yeah! If you've heard of Avatar: The Last Airbender (the Tv show, screw the movie) there's a character named Toph who's a blind little girl who's a master at manipulating the earth. When the MCs discover a play based around their adventures, a giant buff dude ends up playing Toph. It was quute hilarious.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
Old 2015-03-17, 13:15   Link #70
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
The loli became a giant, wht does this sound familiar... Oh yeah! If you've heard of Avatar: The Last Airbender (the Tv show, screw the movie) there's a character named Toph who's a blind little girl who's a master at manipulating the earth. When the MCs discover a play based around their adventures, a giant buff dude ends up playing Toph. It was quute hilarious.
And Aang was a chick huehue
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 14:29   Link #71
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
And Aang was a chick huehue
Ah... Good times, good times.

Old 2015-03-17, 15:08   Link #72
WingsoftheDragonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
Lmao omg that sounds awesome and would be epic animated. Do want now.
Same here.

And I have to admit that I really want to see Ise reactions about this.....or better I want to see his facial expressions animated.
WingsoftheDragonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 15:20   Link #73
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsoftheDragonix View Post
Same here.

And I have to admit that I really want to see Ise reactions about this.....or better I want to see his facial expressions animated.
Part of my enjoyment of the light novels has been picturing it animated.
Old 2015-03-17, 19:02   Link #74
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Same here.

Wasn't his reaction scared because she was his type

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 07:38   Link #75
WingsoftheDragonix

^ As far I know/heard....Yes, this was his reaction.

But that's why I really want to see it animated.

Quote:
Part of my enjoyment of the light novels has been picturing it animated.
Same here.

And I have to admit that it is really fun to see if the way you have imagined the scenes match the way they are in the anime.
WingsoftheDragonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 07:54   Link #76
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
^ As far I know/heard....Yes, this was his reaction.

But that's why I really want to see it animated.

Same here.

And I have to admit that it is really fun to see if the way you have imagined the scenes match the way they are in the anime.
agreed on that last point still what bugs me is why they're choosing OVA's like the one they just had instead of the Short stories.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 08:09   Link #77
Biohazardous

Other plans for the short stories maybe?
Old 2015-03-18, 09:10   Link #78
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

They're adapting the short stories into OVAs from now on, so it doesn't really matter anymore, does it?

Btw, the last short story from DX.1 was "Chichiryuutei's Pleasured Adventure", where the Gremory group and the Vali team compete for who plays the Oppai Dragon characters better.
Old 2015-03-18, 09:48   Link #79
jopjopjop

"Stop!! Yuuto-kun!" is the title for the prequel of "The Disturbance of a Devil". That title was on the list in the B-T page before the list was removed.

The "mission impossible" SS is
Quote:
究極!! お兄ちゃん仮面
w/c Google translates to "Ultimate/Extreme!! Onii-chan mask/disguise". (Sketchy translation)

The newest SS is
Quote:
戦闘校舎のフェニックスDX?
w/c, again, Google translates to "Combat School of Phoenix DX?".

Those are all the untitled SS and one new that is included in Dx.1

So, all in all, the short stories are
Spoiler for short stories:
Old 2015-03-18, 09:58   Link #80
Biohazardous

Oh that will be nice too. Should have alot of laughs.