AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-05, 00:09   Link #861
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama

Since we're talking about animation detail and such, here is something I noticed yesterday while watching the episode. It's basically the same animation cycle, only slightly altered to reflect the changes necessary in the scene such as the season, some of Yui's expressions and the new club sign.

This has been me pulling a 2ch lurker with far to much time on his hands.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 00:26   Link #862
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

^ Your video is dead, but I know what you mean, it's quite obvious actually.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 01:42   Link #863
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Spoiler for That's something you don't see everyday:

So in what might be my best ever chance to definitively prove just how messed up the whole Anime Database webrings ranking system is. Here we have the two most popular series of the season so far in K-On and Queen's Blade, both currently sharing the absolute worst possible ranking on the ANN website. If my prediction is right, come 5:07 AM Eastern Time tonight, both are going to jump several thousand places and move somewhere far closer to the top. Can't wait to see if I'm right.

Is there no shortage to the experiments this series is allowing me to perform. This show is just the gift that keeps on giving. Same with Queen's Blade.
Old 2009-04-05, 01:44   Link #864
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Meh, all the reviewers at ANN are panning both shows as being 'overly pandering'. My point of view has always been to take each series as a distinct entity first, and compare it to others, second.
Old 2009-04-05, 01:50   Link #865
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

@Kaioshin,

Ahem, ANN? You do realize it's like saying that certain people who have it in for a certain genre hates a series from that genre, right? In addition to your previous few posts....what are you shooting for, the title of Captain Obvious?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 01:54   Link #866
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Meh, all the reviewers at ANN are panning both shows as being 'overly pandering'. My point of view has always been to take each series as a distinct entity first, and compare it to others, second.
Well they kind of have a point, but I can't say that's a reason to seriously fault this show unless you are really that bothered and turned off by moe and fanservice, in which case it should serve more as a warning mechanism then a hit to the rating score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
@Kaioshin,

Ahem, ANN? You do realize it's like saying that certain people who have it in for a certain genre hates a series from that genre, right? In addition to your previous few posts....what are you shooting for, the title of Captain Obvious?
What are you talking about? Rankings on these sites are user generated and have nothing to do with the staff. The system is just buggy as all heck as proven when I was checking out some K-On info over there and happened to notice this bit of oddness. What does this have to do with my post anyway other then you seemingly trying to start a squabble with me again?

Oh and indeed certain people who have it in for a certain genre probably do hate series from that genre. Merci pour la mise à jour mon capitaine évident.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-04-05 at 02:11.
Old 2009-04-05, 02:13   Link #867
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
@Kaioshin,

Having Zac review K-On! is a certainty of a bad review.

That thread does not contain many moe fans right now and is fueled by the negative reviews. It's not surprising at all for K-On! to be in the top 50 worst category for that site. Phantom TV was prob the only title to do well so far.
Old 2009-04-05, 02:14   Link #868
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Having Zac review K-On! is a certainty of a bad review.
So far, K-On has the second best rating of those he's reviewed.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 02:21   Link #869
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
What are you talking about? Rankings on these sites are user generated and have nothing to do with the staff. The system is just buggy as all heck as proven when I was checking out some K-On info over there and happened to notice this bit of oddness. What does this have to do with my post anyway other then you seemingly trying to start a squabble with me again?
Maa, maa....I do love to start flamewars with you, that I admit, but to say that it's the only thing I do every time is kinda pushing it a little, don't you think? Besides, yeah my bad, I didn't realize that ranking works that way....still, it's ANN, surely there's something up with the user generated rankings, deshou?

Besides, with the whole Captain Obvious act you've been trying to pull in this thread the last few days, one has to wonder what you're trying to start. Nothing better to do now that you don't have to intervene in the Gundam or Geass forums anymore?
Old 2009-04-05, 02:26   Link #870
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
So far, K-On has the second best rating of those he's reviewed.
But the other ratings involved blowing his head off (Queen's Blade) and bashing his head against a wall (Asura Cryin'). Phantom only scored a 3 out of 5. K-On! got a 2 out of 5.
Old 2009-04-05, 02:29   Link #871
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Everyone over there is bashing Phantom for being yet another Bee Train action title with a female lead. I like how a couple left Queen's Blade unrated, though.

K-ON!'s scoring a 2 average. I'd like to see how Shangri-La, FMA and Eden of the East fare.
Old 2009-04-05, 02:30   Link #872
Blaat

I'll be honest the first episode didn't really impress me nor does the show stand out, especially if you're already seen Manabi Straight. I suppose I give it a few more episodes.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 02:33   Link #873
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Everyone over there is bashing Phantom for being yet another Bee Train action title with a female lead. I like how a couple left Queen's Blade unrated, though.

K-ON!'s scoring a 2 average. I'd like to see how Shangri-La, FMA and Eden of the East fare.
FMA was already popular to begin with. I expected that it will be even more since it was announced to stick closer to the manga.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 02:45   Link #874
Ascaloth

Quote:
I am merely waiting out the time until the subs for Basquatch and Shin Mazinger and FMA2 hit by discussing Kyoani's hip new adaptation. I can honestly think of many worse ways to spend my time, especially since of all the shows out right now that have been subbed I think K-On has been the most intriguing....................
Here you go, *pushes GSD DVD set*, a Gundam you can entertain yourself with....oh wait, my bad.
Old 2009-04-05, 02:47   Link #875
orion

Quote:

And reviewer wise Phantom has the highest ratings so far. 4, 3.5, 3.5, 3.

The thread was basically lamenting on how good anime was in 2006, 2007 and how crappy it is now.

FMA is going to score high like what was mentioned earlier. Eden of the East is an anticipated title there and will prob score high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'll be honest the first episode didn't really impress me nor does the show stand out, especially if you're already seen Manabi Straight. I suppose I give it a few more episodes.
I couldn't stand Manabi Straight. The girls looked too loli.
Old 2009-04-05, 02:58   Link #876
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Mio is like ... moe version of Yomi from Garei Zeo :3
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 03:00   Link #877
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The thread was basically lamenting on how good anime was in 2006, 2007 and how crappy it is now.
There were a lot of crappy anime in 2006 and 2007 too. People forget this.

Every season has both its greats and and its not-so-greats.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 03:27   Link #878
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Basically everyone has their own taste of the anime they like.

For me, it would be the 3Ms : Music, Moe, and Maidens. As long as 2 of such factors exist, I watch it. Simple as that.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 03:44   Link #879
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
No, not really, the character designs are more similar to haruhi than lucky star.
Which is one of my problems. The took a series with character designs similar to Haruhi and degraded them to Lucky Star level, since there probably lies their target audience.

In general KyoAni recently seems to lower the level of detail in their art, just compare this and Munto to Haruhi and FMP2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Mio is like ... moe version of Yomi from Garei Zeo :3
I partially agree, Mio looks almost as Yomi, but I also found Yomi moe.

Quote:
Spoiler for That's something you don't see everyday:

So in what might be my best ever chance to definitively prove just how messed up the whole Anime Database webrings ranking system is. Here we have the two most popular series of the season so far in K-On and Queen's Blade, both currently sharing the absolute worst possible ranking on the ANN website. If my prediction is right, come 5:07 AM Eastern Time tonight, both are going to jump several thousand places and move somewhere far closer to the top. Can't wait to see if I'm right.
You do realize that is what is supposed to happen when you use bayesian estimators and by the way with such a small sample any mathematical estimation is useless

And by the way this chaste-moe-stuff is the Queen's Blade for the innocent and untainted minds
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 03:48   Link #880
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Which is one of my problems. The took a series with character designs similar to Haruhi and degraded them to Lucky Star level, since there probably lies their target audience.

In general KyoAni recently seems to lower the level of detail in their art, just compare this and Munto to Haruhi and FMP2!
Munto was originally made years ago.

Again, this is no worse than Haruhi. It's just different.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen