AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-28, 06:18   Link #261
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I think the Chinese politicians aren't quite aware of the census data for their own population. Last I heard there were 1.3 billion screaming Chinamen...

Overall I'm not sure how practical the Chinese plan is. What they're basically talking about is getting the Japanese to agree to process tens of millions of Chinese citizens, and to accept permanent Chinese military bases in the center of Tokyo to process these colonists, and all the logistical and military supplies needed to immigrate them. At the scale we're talking about here, Japan would essentially be giving up their national sovereignty to China. This is complete political insanity. For another thing, I don't think the United States would accept such a heavy Chinese military presence in Japan even without the gate.

...of course this was written by a right wing Japanese author, so maybe we shouldn't be expecting anyone to be acting normally.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 06:48   Link #262
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Yea the Chinese plan seems to be completly mad.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 07:00   Link #263
walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
And thus chapter 9, the last chapter of volume 1 is scanlated.
So we found out the army that's been attacking Italic are remnants of the vassal kingdoms armies gone rouge.

I hope chapter 10 gets scanlated soon.
10-12 already in raws
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 07:22   Link #264
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt View Post
10-12 already in raws
I already seen the raws. I'm just waiting for the english scanslation.
Old 2012-08-28, 07:41   Link #265
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
Yea the Chinese plan seems to be completly mad.
America might accept a Japanese takeover of Taiwan for various reasons, but Japan is far too big of an American priority for anything like this to happen...even if it meant WW3.

...well at least IRL USA wouldn't allow anything like this to happen. The America in the Gate universe somehow is so strapped that it can't send a couple battalions of Marines through the Gate.

...I always do find it interesting how allot of Japanese right wing authors assume modern USA's first reaction to Japan in most political crises to to scheme against them.
Old 2012-08-28, 09:12   Link #266
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I think the Chinese politicians aren't quite aware of the census data for their own population. Last I heard there were 1.3 billion screaming Chinamen...
I think it's been mentioned before but Gate world isn't exactly like our own. For example the Middle East conflict with the US is actually much more complicated in Gate than it is in real world.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 09:13   Link #267
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:

...I always do find it interesting how allot of Japanese right wing authors assume modern USA's first reaction to Japan in most political crises to to scheme against them.
I suppose this could be seen as a reaction to WW 2 and its aftermath:
- it's the US that stopped the japanese expension
- and after the war is the US that turned Japan into a client state.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 13:51   Link #268
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I think it's been mentioned before but Gate world isn't exactly like our own. For example the Middle East conflict with the US is actually much more complicated in Gate than it is in real world.
Aha.

...still. I'm actually kinda surprised that more people aren't concerned about the strategic implications of people in the other world possessing the capacity to open up gates on earth. The Fantasy world inhabitants have fairly limited means to take advantage of the gates, but what if a Modern Earth Nation came to control something like that? Half a dozen of these gates and you'd be able to invade and conquer almost any country on earth.

I'd think it'd be the inclination of every country on earth to find out more of the extent of the gate creation capability was.
Old 2012-08-28, 13:58   Link #269
Xacual

Quote:
...still. I'm actually kinda surprised that more people aren't concerned about the strategic implications of people in the other world possessing the capacity to open up gates on earth. The Fantasy world inhabitants have fairly limited means to take advantage of the gates, but what if a Modern Earth Nation came to control something like that? Half a dozen of these gates and you'd be able to invade and conquer almost any country on earth.
Given what we've seen of people on the other side of the gate I wouldn't be surprised if they don't actually have the power to open them and that was something that was left behind by some other race ages ago. The Emperor's wizards just found out a way to activate that one and it led to Japan. I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a way of turning it off either.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 14:07   Link #270
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Aha.

I'd think it'd be the inclination of every country on earth to find out more of the extent of the gate creation capability was.
i don't think the story actually touch on this yet. Did the Empire open the Gate with its own power or did they discover the Gate?

The location of the Gate to me seem as if someone else left it and the Empire stumble on to it and manage to figure out how to open it.
Old 2012-08-28, 14:29   Link #271
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

As much that i want modern warfare dakadaka .... I am pissed/ ticked me off the scene that empires soldiers slaughter, rape civilians and captured female soldiers ( the level of society is mixture rome, greek, viking time etc which kinda reflex's how cheap human life is/elf/ other race ) well at least they got Curb-Stomp ....
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 14:32   Link #272
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Given what we've seen of people on the other side of the gate I wouldn't be surprised if they don't actually have the power to open them and that was something that was left behind by some other race ages ago. The Emperor's wizards just found out a way to activate that one and it led to Japan. I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a way of turning it off either.
Yes, but every country on Earth has seen FAR less than what we have seen. At this point not even the Japanese know the mechanics behind the gate opening, how controllable it is, or how replica-table the effects are.

Until the mechanics of the gate are understood, this is really somewhat of a global security issue for every nation on earth.

edit: Something else to consider is that right now the JSDF is limited to exploring a what looks to be a single continent. While the JSDF is doing good against the local continents super power, that doesn't mean comparatively that they're the strongest power on the planet.

(I.E. Maybe the Empire doesn't have thousands of warriors as good as Rory, but what about the people living on the other side of the planet?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i don't think the story actually touch on this yet. Did the Empire open the Gate with its own power or did they discover the Gate?

The location of the Gate to me seem as if someone else left it and the Empire stumble on to it and manage to figure out how to open it.
Even if they MERELY discovered the gate...they had to know quite a bit about it.

I mean think about it. They sent a prepared army through the gate...with a bloody edict of conquest. That suggests they were very much aware that what they were going through a gate that lead to another world, that they could make their way back through the gate. You wouldn't do any of this without prior knowledge of the gates mechanics.
Old 2012-08-28, 14:34   Link #273
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
(I.E. Maybe the Empire doesn't have thousands of warriors as good as Rory, but what about the people living on the other side of the planet?)
i think the bigger question is WHAT else lives in this world besides human, elves and dragons.

Quote:

Even if they MERELY discovered the gate...they had to know quite a bit about it.

I mean think about it. They sent a prepared army through the gate...with a bloody edict of conquest. That suggests they were very much aware that what they were going through a gate that lead to another world, that they could make their way back through the gate. You wouldn't do any of this without prior knowledge of the gates mechanics.
considering they didn't even bother to scout the place they were going to invade. i don't think the Empire knows anymore about the Gate then turning it on and off.

Thinking about it i am not sure if the Empire knew even how to turn the Gate off. Logically speaking if the enemy defeated your invading army and was counterattacking. You would turn the Gate off instead of letting the enemy size the Gate and its surrounding area.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-08-28 at 20:03.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 19:59   Link #274
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think the bigger is WHAT else lives in this world besides human, elves and dragons.
There is God(s) and their apostles, judging by Rory alone we know that there is a whole plethora of super natural things there that the JSDF hasn't investigated in the least and neither has the Empire.

About the Gates, it's certainly possible that more than anything, creating one could be a major pain in the ass, thus "why" they aren't doing zillions of them in one go. In theory closing one should be as easy as wreck it, but you need to get there to do so Also I bet that they have no way of choosing which world is going to be connected to a Gate. I doubt that making more Gates would end up in also leading to Earth.
Old 2012-08-28, 20:50   Link #275
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Heh, I kind of agree with the theory, as there's just no way that the Empire can still be convinced that keeping open the gate is strategically feasible in the long run if they could just close it... Which makes me think that they can't. Kind of like a Webway Gate, except there's no Eldar to help the bumbling Monkeigh.
Old 2012-08-29, 00:27   Link #276
Dark Wing

Well they couldn't even if they wanted too since it appears the Japanese have built a base around it.
Old 2012-08-29, 04:59   Link #277
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ch.13 scans have been uploaded (though the link to the online reader is still not up) on the alphapolis server.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-08-29 at 05:53.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 06:32   Link #278
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for ch13:
Old 2012-08-29, 06:56   Link #279
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

...where are you two guys finding that information?
Old 2012-08-29, 07:08   Link #280
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Go to post #193 (pg.10), copy-paste the links within and replace "/12/" by "/13/".

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-10-27 at 02:52.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction