AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-30, 10:14   Link #3281
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSheep View Post
Oooo neat. Yeah, I'm not exactly a fan of tragic endings. Just because they come way to often. Anime people just like killing off their people, its crazy!

Ohh yeah, I thought of another thing! When Lelouch's sister... Nunnally I think... She got his memories, much like when lelouch touched C.C.; my guess is due to the code, sooooo what else could that tell you?

Spoiler for I'm a spoiler!:
Ah, it's a matter of preference. Nothing to argue about that. Moving on.

Edit: Thanks for putting togethter a nice reply, Last Sinner. I agree with you though. It's okay if people don't like the ending of CG R2 though. They don't have to. jk, it's interesting to have some critics on board actually :P
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:16   Link #3282
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The makers could have done something to Nunnally, like

Spoiler for read at your own risk:

or

Spoiler for read at your own risk too:

That could have added more life to the anime itself.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:16   Link #3283
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

I love the Orange ending. Orange ended up being with Anya because she has Marianne's memories. Great Connection.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:21   Link #3284
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
I love the Orange ending. Orange ended up being with Anya because she has Marianne's memories. Great Connection.
Hmm, Sunrise definitely should milk CG a little more by giving us more information on the after math of Ep. 25. It's simply not enough. : (
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:21   Link #3285
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
Ah, it's a matter of preference. Nothing to argue about that. Moving on.

Edit: Thanks for putting togethter a nice reply, Last Sinner. I agree with you though. It's okay if people don't like the ending of CG R2 though. They don't have to. jk, it's interesting to have some critics on board actually :P
Why thank you, kind sir/ma'am. I respect everyone's right to take what they will from the ending. But for Lelouch to simply be labelled as emo is just something I can't leave to linger and fester, because it just isn't true. I've found it hard to like anime in recent times (the last 2 years) but Code Geass has given me more viewing pleasure than I've had for five years (only Last Exile has ever given me the amount of fulfillment that Code Geass has given). Code Geass has re-ignited my interest in anime for sure. I argue a point on this series strongly because I haven't been made to care that much in a very long time. It's nice to have that feeling after so long.
Old 2008-09-30, 10:22   Link #3286
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Uh Marianne's memories were her own I believe, Anya just couldn't remember her memories personally which is what Jeremiah nullified I believe.

I advocate that he adopted her, that seems much like a man who is devoted to chivalry and what not. Plus, still no idea where Sayako went too and as such I will now support the NinjameidoXCyborgKnight pairing after that touching scene in Turn 23
Old 2008-09-30, 10:27   Link #3287
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Uh Marianne's memories were her own I believe, Anya just couldn't remember her memories personally which is what Jeremiah nullified I believe.

I advocate that he adopted her, that seems much like a man who is devoted to chivalry and what not. Plus, still no idea where Sayako went too and as such I will now support the NinjameidoXCyborgKnight pairing after that touching scene in Turn 23
So..What was Jeremiah doing with the Geass Canceller activating on episode 25? Masaka! Anya is Jeremiah's sister!
Old 2008-09-30, 10:28   Link #3288
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
So..What was Jeremiah doing with the Geass Canceller activating on episode 25? Masaka! Anya is Jeremiah's sister!
Alstreim is now synonymous with Gottward? I would think he'd recognize her instantly is that was the case

He adopted her, my interpretation, because that's just how I picture Jeremiah
Old 2008-09-30, 10:30   Link #3289
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Cousin? Half sister by different fathers?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:31   Link #3290
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Alstreim is now synonymous with Gottward? I would think he'd recognize her instantly is that was the case

He adopted her, my interpretation, because that's just how I picture Jeremiah
LOL. Yeah, adopt sounds better. Maybe Anya was grateful to Orange that because of his Canceler, her memories came back. So, curious about Anya. Who is she? LOL. More questions.

Quote:
Cousin? Half sister by different fathers?
Another possibility.
Old 2008-09-30, 10:35   Link #3291
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
LOL. Yeah, adopt sounds better. Maybe Anya was grateful to Orange that because of his Canceler, her memories came back. So, curious about Anya. Who is she? LOL. More questions.

Another possibility.

Lets see... she was apparently a young lady who needed lessons on manners and hung out at the Aries Palace at the time I believe, hence where she might have gotten the photos of Lelouch in her diary. All we really know about her at this point, oh and that Anya Alstreim is indeed her real name

Well, nothing to really indicate that, I would seriously think that Jeremiah would have recognized her if that was the case, the Knight of Rounds are pretty darn famous and he was in the military, a high position in the military at that, so he should have known ahead of time before the whole Orange Incident
Old 2008-09-30, 10:36   Link #3292
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I am wondering when the number of ppl viewing this subforum will go down.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:37   Link #3293
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Man, settle the flock down. And would some proper grammar kill you?

We're talking about a studio - Sunrise - that has copped out of tragic/unhappy endings and given some of the most sugar-coated/ridiculously reset-button/deus ex machina endings we've ever seen (Mai-Hime, anyone?!). They finally elarnt how to do a proper ending. But seriously if you can't handle an ending like this, I hate to see how real life tragedy hits you.

You make it sound like death is emo full stop. You've clearly missed the symbolism of the final episode. Lelouch made the ultimate sacrifice to make the world a better place. That's not emo, it's bloody inspiring. What would be emo/bleak is if he turned into Light 2.0 and turned the world into a cesspool evil. He did the exact opposite. He managed to do good amidst a series where everyone was doign anything but good. It's tragic that no one except C.C. could truly understand what he was trying to do and that humanity would never know. But those that got somewhat close to him figured it out at the end and were able to take some heart from that. Isn't that something to take some hope from?
I'd agree except that it was pretty apparent that Kallen figured out what Lelouch was trying to do which hits you in the face especially in the epilogue. I'd go on a limb and say that Xingke and Kaguya also figured it out more because as Xingke said he got a measure of the kind of person Lelouch was and he is smart enough to see how this comes together.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:38   Link #3294
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Lets see... she was apparently a young lady who needed lessons on manners and hung out at the Aries Palace at the time I believe, hence where she might have gotten the photos of Lelouch in her diary. All we really know about her at this point, oh and that Anya Alstreim is indeed her real name
Why doesn't Lelouch remember Anya if she hung out at the Aries Palace? Did they not have contact when they were kids? It would've been great though. Euphie, Nunnally, Lelouch and Anya playing outside the palace. Ahh....I can see it now.
Old 2008-09-30, 10:39   Link #3295
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She saw him maybe once. For all we know, he never saw her at all.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:39   Link #3296
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Why doesn't Lelouch remember Anya if she hung out at the Aries Palace? Did they not have contact when they were kids? It would've been great though. Euphie, Nunnally, Lelouch and Anya playing outside the palace. Ahh....I can see it now.
It was seven years ago, and he did go through a pretty traumatic event. Considering the distance I wouldn't say they were exactly close, I might be wrong, but I think at best they might have only met a few times. Who knows, maybe he does remember her but it wasn't really a big part of his life at the time. Though that is a nice scenario right there that I like to think about
Old 2008-09-30, 10:40   Link #3297
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She saw him maybe once. For all we know, he never saw her at all.
He was posing in a picture for her though, but likely with so many other people he just did not remember.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:42   Link #3298
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
It was seven years ago, and he did go through a pretty traumatic event. Considering the distance I wouldn't say they were exactly close, I might be wrong, but I think at best they might have only met a few times. Who knows, maybe he does remember her but it wasn't really a big part of his life at the time. Though that is a nice scenario right there that I like to think about
Well, yeah. But still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
He was posing in a picture for her though, but likely with so many other people he just did not remember.
Yeah, I remember that scene. Gosh, Lelouch knows a lot of people. Well, He still LIVES!
Old 2008-09-30, 10:47   Link #3299
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Well, yeah. But still...

Yeah, I remember that scene. Gosh, Lelouch knows a lot of people. Well, He still LIVES!
Well, if you feel that way then I hope you respond to my request for you joining the Lelouch Lives Theorist group soon. We all know he's still out there with such an ambiguous end
Old 2008-09-30, 10:51   Link #3300
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Well, if you feel that way then I hope you respond to my request for you joining the Lelouch Lives Theorist group soon. We all know he's still out there with such an ambiguous end
I will. Thanks for inviting me. Too bad they didn't even show Xing Ke's grave. And I'm surprised to see Miya a.k.a. Nani Mai Hani at the wedding. The one that stood out the most was Orange's farm. and of course, Lelouch Death and C.C.'s Lines at the end.