AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-11-20, 03:15   Link #3081
WingedAccelerator

The thought of Kaguya living with the Shirogane Family for real is fascinating. But if it happens, it's just further plants the seeds for the big confrontation against the Shinomiyas.

If Aka keeps to his word, the pacing will change to one universe-in month/volume in their 3rd year, so stuff like that may as well dragged out till the endgame of the manga, 50-60 chapters from now. Ultimately, Kaguya could be disowned as well I guess, but that would certainly be a blessing for her in disguise. She is someone that easily could make a living from scratch with her abilities.
Old 2020-11-20, 08:21   Link #3082
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Papa Shirogane may be eccentric but he cares a lot about his kids and is more mature than he lets on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's out now.

I stand by my previous stance. The whole chapter seems like it's hinting that Kaguya will be temporarily leaving her Shinomiya estate to live with the Shiroganes. Not only does the advice Kei talked out line up with it, but so does that fact that Kaguya was able to not only visit their household on her own, but also sleep over despite everyone being aware that the Shinomiya family is keeping strict tabs on her.

It's strange that Kaguya has the family's permission to do this, unless she never had their permission and decided to go off on her own. Before this, even Hayasaka mentioned that generally the only real privacy Kaguya got was when she was inside the Student Council room. Why would she risk doing this unless she was willing to go all the way out?
Read the translation, and I agree with you now. It fits the advice as well as the events of the chapter.
Old 2020-11-23, 13:14   Link #3083
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Papa Shirogane may be eccentric but he cares a lot about his kids and is more mature than he lets on.

Read the translation, and I agree with you now. It fits the advice as well as the events of the chapter.
Nevermind, it looks like your original guess was right.

Spoiler for 209:
Old 2020-11-23, 18:35   Link #3084
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Shinomiya Drama arc part 1 start~~
Old 2020-11-23, 19:44   Link #3085
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 209:
Old 2020-11-23, 20:56   Link #3086
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 209:
I mean the obvious solution, and probably her intention is that Kaguya becomes the next head and gains control over the Zaibatsu.
Old 2020-11-23, 22:05   Link #3087
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Guess it should've been clear things would go somewhere like this. The story is, after all, based on the legend of Kaguya-hime, or a certain interpretation of it, and this legend did involve a tragic separation. In the legend Kaguya-hime is forced to return to the moon with her people and gives the emperor an elixir of immortality. In the interpretation suggested in the story by Miyuki, this wasn't some sort of parting gift or wish to save him from eventually dying, but rather an expression of a desire for him to wait for her until one day she'd find a way to come back to him; as I recall Miyuki went on to say that if he'd been the legendary emperor he wouldn't have burned the elixir or just sat and waited, he'd find a way to reach her no matter what it took. So, if things are going to follow that path, Kaguya indeed tells Miyuki to accept a temporary separation and pursue his own life with a promise that she would find a way to free herself and return to him; he'll probably accept in part, but at the same time refuse to just sit and wait, and instead dedicate himself to finding a way to reach her, to break her free from her situation and take her away. I certainly look forward to what's to come, and hope it's at least as awesome as I imagine it could be.
Old 2020-11-23, 22:42   Link #3088
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

So it confirmed my theory about Shinomiya clan being the culprit behind Shirogane's situation.

They called me crazy.jpg
Old 2020-11-24, 00:36   Link #3089
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
So it confirmed my theory about Shinomiya clan being the culprit behind Shirogane's situation.

They called me crazy.jpg
Had the same feeling too, ain't no such coincidences in these things.
Old 2020-11-24, 02:50   Link #3090
WingedAccelerator

The type of development that would be easy to swallow binge read while the manga is already completed, but it will be excruciatingly painful and annoying to witness weekly.
Old 2020-11-25, 13:29   Link #3091
Shadow5YA

Personally I'm not a fan of contrived coincidences. The story would have worked fine without needing the Shinomiyas to be involved in Papa Shirogane's company bankruptcy.
Old 2020-11-25, 14:08   Link #3092
Lex79

Not a huge fan of this development, especially if it will lead to them going separate ways only to be reunited in a distant finale in the last chapter.
Old 2020-11-25, 15:18   Link #3093
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't really get why Kaguya can't go to Stanford. For a family like hers, isn't it the perfect place to network? Wouldn't it be useful to the family if, say, she was classmates with a future PotUS or two? Not to mention all the other heirs of the international rich and powerful?
Old 2020-11-25, 15:29   Link #3094
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't really get why Kaguya can't go to Stanford. For a family like hers, isn't it the perfect place to network? Wouldn't it be useful to the family if, say, she was classmates with a future PotUS or two? Not to mention all the other heirs of the international rich and powerful?
Yeah, but that would be her making the connections, getting her own freedom and making her own power base. Her brother wants to control her to use for his own ends.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2020-11-25, 16:49   Link #3095
Shadow5YA

Quote:
It's a perfect place to network for men. As far as they are concerned with her, they only want her to be a trophy wife.
Old 2020-11-25, 16:59   Link #3096
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's a perfect place to network for both genders, even and especially future trophy wives.
Old 2020-11-25, 19:16   Link #3097
Shadow5YA

Quote:
It's a perfect place to network for both genders, even and especially future trophy wives.
That's not what a trophy wife is. A trophy wife is meant to be nothing more than a pretty face where the marriage is a status symbol for to show the husband is successful. Because a married man has a better reputation than a single man.

In today's generation where independence is valued, sure it would be nothing but beneficial to Kaguya. But that's not the point. The point is that her arranged fiance does not want someone better than himself.
Old 2020-11-25, 19:41   Link #3098
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
In today's generation where independence is valued, sure it would be nothing but beneficial to Kaguya. But that's not the point. The point is that her arranged fiance does not want someone better than himself.
The point would be moot if Kaguya's brother aimed higher.
Old 2020-11-25, 22:07   Link #3099
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Not a huge fan of this development, especially if it will lead to them going separate ways only to be reunited in a distant finale in the last chapter.
I'm strongly betting against it ending that way, since again Miyuki has clearly stated that he wouldn't accept that sort of thing, that if he were the emperor left behind by the princess Kaguya, he'd get back to her no matter what. I can't see him just sitting by and waiting for things to work out.

And Anh Minh, sorry but I think Endscape's right: the heir of the Shinomiya household don't want her to have control of her life. Letting her go to Stanford and develop connections would be very inconvenient. For one thing, he sees her as a tool for advancement through strategic marriage. For another thing, it's doubtful that he's failed to realize that she's not ok with the current state of the family, and since she's a fellow child and potential heir (or if they refuse to let a girl inherit, at least has potential to marry a capable heir who could ruin him) he certainly would want to prevent her from getting out from under his thumb.
Old 2020-11-26, 00:01   Link #3100
Sixth
Hu Tao

I think that the 2nd brother will help Kaguya. So far, the manga depicted the 2nd Brother is actually a decent people among the Shinomiya.

2nd brother being head is better option for Kaguya even if 2nd brother is not a good guy.
Closed Thread

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, genre shift, love triangle, memeguya, no longer our guy, quality decline, romcom, school life